Talib S. Karim
Rector IoBM & Executive Director, Corporate Affairs & EMEC
Talib S. Karim holds a Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering and a Master’s degree in Economics with specialization in International Trade, both from the University of Arizona, USA. He has worked for a financial institution for ten years before joining the Institute full time in 1997. He has also taught Economics at the University of Arizona, USA and IoBM. He also attended the Oxford Advanced Management & Leadership Program at Oxford University. He is an Executive Council member of the Management Association of Pakistan and the President of Marketing Association of Pakistan and represents the Institute in various Associations nationally and internationally.
Dr. Irfan Hyder
College of Business Management (CBM) /
College of Engineering & Sciences (CES)
Prof. Dr. Irfan Hyder, Dean CBM and CES, holds a PhD and M.S. from University of Texas at Austin, USA. In addition, he holds an MBA from IBA and BE-Electronic from DCET/NED.He has a wide experience in academic leadership, consultancy, entrepreneurial ventures, training’s, teaching, research, in the design and implementation of innovative programs and as a motivational speaker. He provides consultancy for entrepreneurial and personal visions, students/parental counseling and education. In his career spanning over 18 years, he has worked in leadership positions at various organizations. He was deputy director at IBA and Dean and VP of PAF-KIET. He has extensive industry consultancy experience for private and public sector organizations such as Oxford University Press, Trade Development Board (EPB), Pakistan Ordnance Factories, Pakistan Steel, Ministry of Science and Technology, etc. His entrepreneurial ventures include E Patterns Software Solutions, Ahsan Memorial (AEF) L2L Academy.
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
CBM Building, beside Conference Hall, Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – 227
Dr. Shahida Wizarat
Dean CESD & Head of Economics Department
Director Research & Chief Editor PBR Journal
Dr. Shahida Wizarat, Dean CESD, is a Director Research, Chief Editor PBR, HOD Economics,an independent economist and has been involved in research, teaching and administration. Her areas of interest are industrial economics focusing on industrial productivity, its determinants; concentration and profitability; development economic issues; economic policies; debt and its management. She is the author of forty five research papers and articles published in journals of international repute in Pakistan and abroad. She has organized, attended and read papers at several international and national conferences. She earned an MA in Economics from Vanderbilt University, USA and her PhD in Economics from the University of East Anglia, Norwich, England. She has served as the Editor of the Pakistan Journal of Applied Economics and Director of the Applied Economics Research Center, University of Karachi. She has also served on the Board Directors of the Karachi Stock Exchange. She is also on advisory boards and research councils of several organizations and universities.
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
Office,Room 222 Academics Blocks, Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext –” “
College of Computer Science & Information System (CCSIS)
Dr. Ejaz Ahmed has done his PhD in Statistics from the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK and MSc in Statistics from the University of Karachi. He has published many research articles in renowned international journals. He has over 27 years of teaching experience at the University of Karachi and IBA.
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
CCSIS Building: Room No -, Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – 278
Prof Dr Amanat A. Jalbani
Dr Jalbani is PhD. in Business Management from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, Post-graduation from the Scoula Mattei, Milan, Italy and Masters from the University of Sindh. He has more than 30 years of academic leadership, organizational development, teaching, training and research experience. He has served as an Acting President, Vice President -SZABIST, Dean Management Sciences, Head of Academics, Chairperson of the Departments, and a Professor in different Universities of Pakistan and outside Pakistan. He has also served as the Managing Editor of a research Journal – JISR. He mentors doctoral students, supervises the research and teaches subjects related to research.
Dr Jalbani worked as a Member/Expert in the Selection Boards of different universities/organizations in Pakistan. He is HEC (Higher Education Commission) Approved Research Supervisor and produced seven PhDs and supervised several other researches, reviewed various research papers, thesis and dissertations. He is also a member of various academic and non-academic bodies and on Editorial Board of different Research Journals. He published diverse research work and Conference papers at national and international level, and involved in academic consultation in both public and private domain. He is the author of around 40 research papers and organized, attended and read papers at different national and international conferences.
Some of his past accomplishments include establishment of the Academic Departments from scratch at SALU Khp and Isra University Hyderabad, MS PhD Programs at SZABIST, SZABIST campuses, and published a Research Journal – JISR-SZABIST.
Some areas of his Research Interest are: Public Private Partnership, Privatization, Agriculture Marketing, State and the Markets, Commercialization of State Owned Organizations/Enterprises (SOEs), Halal Marketing,Human Resources and Management.
- PhD. in Business Management from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
- Post-graduation from the Scoula Mattei, Milan, Italy and Masters from the University of Sindh
- Faculty Member ITU, San Jose, CA, USA, 2014
- Professor Department of Management Sciences, SZABIST – Karachi 2002 to 2014.
- Professor, Department of Business Administration, Isra University, Hyderabad 1998 to 2002.
- Professor, Department of Com/Business Administration, 1992-1998
- Associate Professor and Senior Faculty Member, SALU, 1978 to 1992
- Acting President, Vice President and Dean, SZABIST, 2008 -2014
- Chairman Admission Committee, SZABIST 2008-2014
- Chairman scholarship Committee SZABIST 2008-2014
- Member SEF Committee, Sindh 2006-2010
- Head of Academics, and MS/PhD Program at SZABIST, 2002-208
- Chairperson Library Committee, Isra University, Hyderabad 1998-2002
- Chairperson Disciplinary Committee, Isra University, Hyderabad, 1998-2002
- Provost Hostels, SALU, Khp, 1995-1998
- Chairman Purchase Committee, SALU, 1995-1998
- Member Disciplinary Committee, SALU, 1993-1998
- Member Finance Committee, SALU, 1993-1998
- Chairman Research Committee, SZABIST, 2006-2014
- Managing Editor – JISR, 2005 – 2014.
- Assistant Editor – Commerce and Economic Review, 1988 -1989, 1993-1998.
- Produced 6 PhDs and Supervised and reviewed several researches
- 10 years Successful Service and Appreciation Award at SZABIST by the Chancellor, in 2012
- Cultural Exchange Scholarship Program Offered by the Italian Government on merit basis, in 1980.
- Central Overseas Training Scholarship Program, (COT) by GoP, on merit basis, in 1989.
- General Council, the Edinburgh University, UK
- Academic Council
- Board of Studies
- Curriculum Development and others
Dr. Shelina Bhamani
Dr. Shelina Bhamani completed her Ph.D. in Education, specializing in early childhood and program monitoring from the Institute of Business Management recently. She is currently working as an Assistant Professor at the Dean’s office at College of Business Management in capacity of curriculum development and learning outcome enhancement. In the past, she has been associated with USAID, Aga Khan Development Network and City District Government, Karachi in various education project capacities. She has published her research in various national and international journals and has presented her work in quite a few international conferences. Her areas of research interest lie in quality assurance and program monitoring and evaluation.
|Ph.D. in Education||IoBM(2016)|
|M.Phil in Educationn||IoBM(2013)|
|Science of ECD||Red River College, Canada|
|Adv.Dip.in ECD||Aga Khan University|
|IGCE||Australian Catholic University|
|Assistant Professor||CBM, IoBM (2016 – todate)|
|Visiting Faculty||Greenwich University (2015-2016)(2009)|
|Lecturer & ADE Coordinator||CESD, IoBM (2012-2015)|
|Visiting Faculty||Hamdard University,AIOU(2010-2012)|
|Teacher & Coordinator||Beaconhouse School (2005 – 2006)|
|Manager Assessment||PRP – USAID (2015-2016)|
|Research Coordinator||Aga Khan Foundation (2009 – 2011)|
|Head, ECD||Aga Khan Education Services (2007 – 2009)|
- I AM KARACHI – TEACH FOR PEACE CONFERENCE I am Karachi via IoBM Pakistan, January 2015
The task included conducting a set of workshops for two on an assigned theme for the teach for peace conference. In addition to it, provide constructive feedback for content improvement.
- Early Childhood Development – Trainers Manual DevelopmentPakistan, Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Income Support Programme via IoBM November 2014
The task included developing self-study course outline and a methodological guide for trainers of early childhood education, training programme to facilitate 120 hour training on ECE.
- Early Childhood Development – Training of Teachers Pakistan, St Michaels Convent SchoolMay 2014
The task included planning, designing and delivering a 20 hour training of 30 teachers at the St Michaels pre primary section.
- Early Childhood Development – Manual Development for Inclusive Education Tajikistan, UNICEF Project, Aga Khan Foundation Tajikistan December 2013
Developing self-study methodological guide for teachers acknowledge and practice inclusion in early year’s settings. The project included a short time 15 days consultancy of manual development with consultation of key stakeholders which included representatives from the UNICEF education team and the ministry of education.
- Early Childhood Development – Project Internship for Review of Assessment ToolsGeneva, Aga Khan Foundation, Geneva September to December 2013
Review of Child Development Assessment and School Readiness Tools and Developing a Literature Review on Identifying and Constructing Proxy Indicators
- Early Childhood Development – Research Data Analysis Geneva, Aga Khan Foundation, Geneva September, 2012
This short 12 days project consultancy was aimed at exploring the trends in quantitative data for Releasing Confidence and Creativity project and reporting best practices from the field. Worked under Dr Sherridian Bartlett to compile research findings for RCC, Pakistan.
- Early Childhood Development – End Line evaluation of RCC, ECD Project Pakistan, HANDS, Pakistan February, 2012
This short 10 days project consultancy was aimed at carrying out an end-line and report findings to the stakeholders.
- Early Childhood Development – Review of Community Access and Provision Afghanista, Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan October – December, 2011
This short 20 days consultancy aimed at exploring community perceptions and review practices of access and provision of early childhood education in remote Afghanistan. The project was left incomplete due to a severe accident occurred during the consultation.
- Early Childhood Development – TAMEER – Post disastrous ECE Pakistan, HANDS, Pakistan February, 2011
This 15 days consultancy, project involved designing manuals for trainers for provision of early childhood development in post disastrous settings in rural Sindh. It was followed by a 3 days training of trainers for managing young children’s psycho-social wellbeing in flood affected areas.
- Early Childhood Development – Developmentally Appropriate Practices Manual Pakistan, Catco Kids Int, Pakistan May, 2011
This 10 days consultancy, project focused on developing a self-study manual for teachers on developmentally appropriate practices.
- Early Childhood Development – PPRS Early childhood schools in rural Sindh Pakistan, Sindh Education Foundation via Tejany Consultants Aug- Sep, 2009
This 15 days consultancy project focused on developing a self-study manual for teachers in early childhood education. The consultancy also aimed at conducting a 3 days training of trainers and 5 days training of teachers for the same.
- Curriculum development & Learning Outcome Assessment
- Qualitative Research, Thesis Supervision, Quality Assurance, Research Proposal Development, Early Childhood Development, Curriculum Management, Knowledge Management & Monitoring, Evaluation and Research.
- Qualitative Research, Theory Development, Monitoring and Evaluation & ECD
Masters of Philosophy (M.Phil)
- Nurudin,S. (2017). Engagement of school leadership in teachers’ continuous professional development.
- Baig,S. (2017). Development of Scale for Evaluation of School Support for English Language Learning.
Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Jehan,T. (2014). Vocabulary and Comprehension Skills Development through Gamification: An Action Research.
- Bhutta,S. (2014). Impact of Mentoring on Novice Early Childhood Teachers in Private Schools of Karachi.
- Fatima,A. (2014). Relationship between Self-Regulation Skills of Young Children on their Academic Performance.
- Imran,H. (2014). Exploring Implementation Gaps of Rights to Education Act in Pakistan.
- Naqvi,M. (2014). Exploring Gender Gaps in Social Sciences Textbooks oh Private Middle Schools in Karachi.
- Faiqa,S. (2014). Impact of ICT on Students Academic Grades and Learning Motivation.
- Khan,L. (2014). Exploring perceptions of Private School Head Teachers pertinent to Teaching Quality Assurance.
- Syed,S. (2013). Development of Preferred Teaching Style Scale.
- Iqbal,S. (2013). Perceptions of Private School Head Teachers on Use of Social Media for Educational Marketing.
|Pakistan||2017||Poverty and Social Inequalities in Pakistan: Inclusive Growth Perspective||University of Sargodha under HEC thematic Grants|
|Pakistan||2017||International Conference on Innovation & Emerging Trends in Education and Social Sciences||IQRA University|
|Pakistan||2017||Stress Response and Conditioning||AKU|
|Pakistan||2016||Socio – Economic transformation: Challenges..||KASBIT|
|Pakistan||2015||Peace Education for Teachers||ITA|
|Pakistan||2014||Developmentally appropriate practices||KASBIT|
|USA||2014||Higher Education Assessment||TESC|
|Turkey||2014||International Conference on Education and SS||OCERINT|
|Pakistan||2013||Information and Communication Technologies||IBA|
|Malaysia||2013||International Symposium on EPSS||APCMB|
|Bangkok||2013||The Asian Conference on Arts and Cultures||APCMB|
|Pakistan||2013||1st International Conference ICICTT||FUUAST|
|Bangladesh||2013||International Conference on Inclusive Education||ACIE|
|Nepal||2012||Intelligence (EI) and Peace Education||WWA|
|Indonesia||2011||Conference on child friendly cities||MoE/UNICEF|
|Pakistan||2010||Early Childhood in Sindh||PITE|
|Pakistan||2009||Celebrating Diversity in ELT||SPELT|
- Bhamani,S. & Hussain,N. (2017). Constructing a framework to evaluate early childhood education programs in resource constrained settings: A grounded theory study. Pakistan Business Review, 19(2),
- Bhamani, S. (2017). Globalization and Early Childhood Education: Urban Families Perceptions. IRJAH. (Accepted paper).
- Jamil,S., Bhamani,S., & Naqvi,R. (2017). Journalism at the age of twitter. PJETS (accepted paper).
- Hyder,I. Bhamani,S. (2016). Bloom’s taxonomy (cognitive domain) in higher education settings: Reflection brief. Journal of Education and Education Development, 3(2), 288-300.
- Naqvi,R. & Bhamani,S. (2015). Financing early childhood education: An investment into the future. Pakistan Business Review, 16(2), 462-467.
- Naqvi,R & Bhamani, S. (2015). Exploring University Students Perceptions about Using Mobile Phone as Learning Aid. Pakistan Journal of Engineering, Technology and Science, 4(2), 145-168.
- Kathawala, A. & Bhamani,S. (2015). Impact of self-regulation skills on students’ academic grades. Journal of Education and Educational Development, 2(1), 30 – 49.
- Bhamani,S. (2014). Developmentally appropriate practices in Pakistan: Perceptions of practitioners. KASBIT Business Journal, 7(2), 35-46.
- Naqvi,R. & Bhamani,S. (2014). Benefits of data decision support system for educational institutions. Pakistan Business Review, 16(3), 687-698.
- Bhamani,S. & Mehar,Z.A. (2014). From pre-modern to post modern and to globalization – a brief review. Pakistan Business Review, 16(1), 196-201.
- Bhamani, S. & Ayub,N. (2015). Impact of self-regulation skills on students’ academic grades. Journal of Education and Educational Development, 1(1), 40 – 53.
- Bhamani,S., Jamil,S. & Mohsin, F.Z. (2014). Gender Differences in Self Esteem in Young Adolescents of Karachi. Pakistan Business Review, 15(4), 704-717.
- Bhamani,S. (2014). The arena of education: Isolation or integration?. Pakistan Business Review, 15(4), 741-744.
- Bhamani,S. (2013). Early childhood teacher research: from questions to results. Pakistan Business Review, 15(3), 539-542.
- Nasir,L., Faqiha,S., & Bhamani,S. (In Press). Improving Creative Writing Skills of Primary English as Foreign Language Learners: An Action Research Study. Acta Didactica Napocensia, 6(2), 27-32.
- Bhamani,S. (2013). Book review: Enhancing learning, teaching, assessment, and curriculum in higher education. Pakistan Business Review 15(2), 361-367.
- Malik,T., Ladhani,S., & Bhamani,S. (2013). Decreasing student tardiness through strategic reward system: an action research report. Abhinav Journal of Research & Arts in Education, 2(2), 19 – 26.
- Rafiq,A. & Bhamani,S. (2012). Study in Emotional Intelligence of Karachi Graduate Students. World Without Anger, 3-4, 24-26. ISSN: 2091-0398
- Bhamani,S. (2012). Urban Fathers’ Involvement in Early Childhood Development: A Case Study from Pakistan. Perspectives in Infant Mental Health, 20 (3-4), 9-13.
- Bhamani,S. (2012). Early Childhood Teachers Job Satisfaction. International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, 3(1), 43-48.
- Bhamani, S., & Hussain, N. (2012). Social anxiety in higher education learning context: Scale construction and reliability. Golden Research Thoughts, 2(5).
- Bhamani, S. (2012). Each Day Outdoor Play!. Exchange-Early Childhood Leaders, 34(4), 97. Thursday, March 31, 2016 Page 6 of 9
- Hussain, N., & Bhamani, S. (2012). Development of the Student University Satisfaction Scale. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business, 2 (3),332 – 341 .
- Bhamani,S. (2012). Early School Behaviour of Young Children in ECE classes of RCC (Intervention) and Non RCC (Control) Schools in Pakistan. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business. 4(1), 294 – 305.
- Bhamani, S. (2012). Parwarish Markaz: Integrated Services for the Optimal Development of Children Ages 0-3. Theme: Early Experiences Matter, 12. 21. Bhamani, S. (2011).Releasing Confidence and Creativity. Monday Development Magazine, 29(9), 35 -37.
- Bhamani, S. & Bhamani,N. (2014). Problems faced by Parents of Children with Developmental Delays in Pakistan. Proceedings of – 12th Annual Education Conference. NewJersy, USA: AADMD.
- Abbasi,Z. & Bhamani,S. (2014). Impact of Sleep on Students Social Development in Early Childhood Classrooms. Proceedings of – 2 nd International Conference on Endorsing Health and Science. (PP.14). Karachi,Pakistan:AEIRC.
- Bhamani,S. & Bhamani,S. (2014). Exploring Participation Opportunities of Young People Living in Urban Areas of Karachi, Pakistan. Proceedings of – International Conference on Education and Social Sciences, 2013. (PP.423-427). Istanbul,Turkey:INTCESS.
- Jamil,S., Naqvi,R., Mohsin,F. & Bhamani,S. (2014). Impact of Facebook on Students Academic Performance and Social Development. Proceedings of 5th International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies, 2013 Karachi,Pakistan: IBA.
- Bhamani,S., Naqvi,R., & Jamil,S. (2013). Social Media as Classrooms: A Case Study of Teacher Education . Proceedings of 27th International Symposium on Education, Psychology and Social Sciences. (pp. 83-84). Islamabad, Pakistan: Allama Iqbal Open University.
- Hussain,N., & Bhamani,S. (2013). Investigating Students Academic Satisfaction in Business Schools of Karachi. Proceedings of 27th International Conference on Open and Distance Learning (pp. 101-112). Kaula Lumpur, Malaysia: Higher Education Forum.
- Naqvi,R., Bhamani,S., & Jamil,S. (2013). Perceptions of university students regarding technology integration in research. Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Information Technology and Communication (pp. 213-214). Karachi, Pakistan: Federal Urdu University Karachi.
- Bhamani,S. (2013). Are schools disabled friendly?: Analysis of trends and perceptions of accessibility in the school system. Proceedings of Meeting the Challenges of Inclusive Education: International Conference on Inclusive Education (pp. 15 16). Dhaka, Bangladesh: Asian Centre for Inclusive Education.
- Bhamani,S. (2011). Reaching out to young children and their development in post disastrous circumstances: A case study from flood affected areas in rural Sindh, Pakistan. Program Book of Engaging Children: 2nd International Conference on Child Friendly Asia Pacific (pp. 41-42). Surakarta, Indonesia: Ministry of Women Empowerment and Child Protection.
Bhamani,S. (2009). Language integration in early childhood education. Proceedings of Celebrating Diversity in ELT: 25th International Conference (pp. 4-5). Karachi, Pakistan: SPELT.
REVIEWER & EDITORSHIP
|Editor||International Journal of Childhood Studies||New|
|Editor Board||ICMA Journal||New|
|Reviewer||Children & Geographies||ISI IFJ|
|Reviewer||Pakistan Business Review||HEC Z|
|Reviewer||New Horizons||HEC Z|
|Reviewer||Journal of Education and Educational Development||HEC Z|
|Honorary General Secretary||Awareness Voluntary Organization|
|Blogger & Social Media Enthusiast||INQUEST – Awareness Pakistan|
|ARNEC||Asia Pacific Regional Network of Early Childhood|
|ECDNP||Early Childhood Development Network, Pakistan|
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
CBM Building: Room No 412 Hall Room/Cabin 406, Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – 343
Tazeen Arsalan joined IoBM in 2011 and completed her BBA (2000), MBA (2001), M-Phil (2016) from IoBM. She is part of selected faculty member’s team who handle industrial consultancy projects at IoBM. With her industrial experience and research background she is working to bridge the gap between industry and academia. She has done number of prefeasibility studies on different Pakistani industry including; marble and granite, denim fabric, denim garment, electrical appliances and leather. Her expertise is in consultancy projects with financial institutions and markets.She was made Head of Department, Accounting & Finance in 2017 and was made co-coordinator of BBA Program in 2013. She is also the society advisor of “Finance Society” at IoBM which aims at imparting knowledge related to financial institutions, markets and products among the students while mentoring the member society members regarding education and career.
|Masters in Philosophy||Institute of Business Management, Karachi||2016|
|Masters in Business Administration||Institute of Business Management, Karachi||2001|
|Bachelors in Business Administration (Honors)||Institute of Business Management, Karachi||2000|
|Head of the Department,Accounting & Finance||Institute of Business Management||January 2017 to date|
|Assistant Professor,Accounting & Finance||Institute of Business Management||January 2016 to date|
|Senior Lecturer – Accounting & Finance||Institute of Business Management||2012 – 2016|
|Visiting Faculty – Accounting & Finance||Institute of Business Management||2007 – 2012|
|Visiting Faculty – Accounting & Finance||Newport Institute||2011-2012|
|Assistant Manager||Corporate Leasing, Saudi Pak Leasing||2001-2002|
- Prefeasibility Study on Marble & Granite – Project of COPHC
- Prefeasibility Study on Denim Garments – Project of COPHC
- Prefeasibility Study on Composite Unit of Denim – Project of COPHC
- Prefeasibility Study on Electrical Industry – Project of COPHC
- Prefeasibility Study on Leather Industry – Project of COPHC
- Reasons for Low Investor Base in Capital Markets of Pakistan – Project of CDC
- Risk and Return Analysis of Stocks in Pakistan – Project of CDC
- Risk and Return Analysis of Bond Market in Pakistan – Project of CDC
- An Investigation of Customer’s Awareness Level and Customer’s Service Utilization Decision in Banking Industry of Pakistan with major Focus on Islamic Banking – Project of Leading Commercial Bank of Pakistan
- Internal Audit Practices in Commercial Banks of Pakistan – Project of HBL
- Ranking of Banks in Pakistan – Project of JS Bank
- Manual Development of Accounting & Finance – Project of BB Shaheed Youth Development
CONFERENCES & SEMINARS ORGANIZED
- Seminar on: Risk and Return in Stock Market of Pakistan. Dec 1, 2016. IoBM – Karachi
- Seminar on: ABC of stock Market. Nov 3, 2016. IoBM – KArachi
- Seminar on: Challenges and Opportunities insight in the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), Oct 8, 2016. IoBM – Karachi.
- Seminar on: Student Motivation. 26th June 106
- Seminar on: Revolution of Business Education by IoBM. February 6, 2016. IoBM – Karachi
- International Conference of Business Management, March 11-13, 2015. IoBM Karachi.
- Seminar on Islamic banking. October 20, 2015. IoBM – Karachi
- Seminar on: “How young entrepreneurs manage risk”. April 14, 2015. IoBM, Karachi.
- Seminar on “Effect of Hawala on the Economy of Pakistan”. Nov 27, 2014. IoBM – Karachi
- Seminar on: How to be a stock Broker. March 4, 2014
- “Stabilizing the Rupee & Solutions for the Key Economic Issues faced by Pakistan”. October 24, 2013. IoBM – Karachi
- Seminar in collaboration with CFA Society Pakistan Chapter. The Great Convergence: Asia, the West, and the Logic of One World. By: Kishore Mahbubani, Dean & Professor, National University Singapore. June 27, 2013. IoBM – Karachi
- Seminar on “Importance of Savings and Investments for Students”. April 11, 2013. IoBM – Karachi
- Seminar on: Motivation & psychology of success. Dec 10, 2012. IoBM – Karachi.
- Seminar on: ’Investor Education and Awareness Programme’, Nov 8, 2012. IoBM – Karachi.
CONFERENCES & SEMINARS ATTENDED
- February 10, 2017: Uplifting Service by Ron Kaufman
- Fareed, S., Arsalan, T., Ayubi, S., (2017). “The Determinants of Bank Liquidity” presented in Conference (IRCBM 2017) at PAF – KIET- 18th July 24, 2017.
- December 1, 2016: Risk and Return of Stock Market in Pakistan
- November 23 – 24, 2016: IoBM – AMDIP Faculty Colloquium
- November 3, 2016: ABC of Stock Market
- February 6, 2016: Revolution of Business Education by IoBM.
- January 12, 2016: Research Culture and Faculty Evaluation Criteria
- January 13, 2016: Vision and Mission of College, Program and Course Outcomes
- January 14, 2016: Industry Engagement
- October 20, 2015: Islamic Banking
- March 11-12, 2015: 5th International Conference of Business Management.
- February 10-11, 2015: Rectors and Deans Conference.
- Nov 27, 2014: Effect of Hawala and Black Money on the economy of Pakistan.
- Mar 4, 2014: How to be a Stock Broker.
- Seminar on Entrepreneurship by Institute of Business Management.
- Experiential Learning: by Institute of Business Management.
- April 2017, Financial management for NPOs
- August 31, 2013: AACSB Orientation Workshop at IoBM.
She teaches all the core course of accounting & finance courses as well as Entrepreneurial Finance and International Finance.
She is interested in research on Financial Institutions and markets.
- Excel based teaching in IBF
- Reading oriented classes in IBF
- Experiential Learning Projects:
- Extensive experiential learning project in Financial Institution on “Comparison of Financial System of Pakistan with other countries”.
- Extensive experiential learning project in Entrepreneurial Finance on “In Depth Business Plan of a New Venture”
- Extensive experiential learning project in Corporate Finance on “Determinants of Capital Structure of Different Sectors”
- Hyder, S. I., & Arsalan, T. (2016). Implications of CPEC on domestic and foreign investment: Lack of feasibility studies. CPEC:Macro & Micro economic dividends for Pakistan and the region (Vol. 12, pp. 65–78).
- “Are Banks in Pakistan Learning Organizations”, Published in Pakistan Business Review (X-category journal), June 2014
CONFERENCE PAPER & PRESENTATION:
- Arslan, T., Maheshwari, M., & Gul, U.-A.A.Internal audit practices: A comparative analysis of private banks in Pakistan. 20th National Research Conference, 2017, Islamabad, Pakistan. 19 April, 2017.
- IoBM – AMDIP Faculty Colloquium – Guest Speaker in Academia and Industry Linkage. November 23-24, 2016. Karachi
- Implications of CPEC on Foreign and Local Investment: Lack of Feasibility Information. IPRI Conference on “CPEC: Macro and Micro Economic Dividends”, Sep 20-21, 2016. Islamabad.
- “Strategic Management Practices in Commercial Banks of Pakistan”, presented in 5th International Conference of Business Management, Mar 11-13, 2015. Karachi
- Pakistan Business review
Faculty Advisor, Finance Society, Institute of Business Management
Board of Studies – Accounting & Finance, Institute of Business Administration
Dr. Muhammad Mahmud
Dr. Muhammad Mahmud got Ph.D. degree (2000) from University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and MBA (1979) from Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi Pakistan. Started teaching finance and accounting courses at IBA in 1980. Worked at various capacities like appointed as Registrar, Direct Finance, and Hostel Superintendent at IBA. Joined Institute of Business Management (IoBM) in 2013 as a professor/ senior fellow. He has 26 research articles at his credits published in national and international journals. He has attended many conferences and workshops and presented research papers. He is a member of National Curriculum Revision Committee, (HEC), Islamabad, Doctoral Board, Shaheed Zulifquar Ali Bhutto Institute of Technology, Karachi, Pakistan Society of Development Economists, (PIDE), Islamabad. Advance Studies and Research Board, (KASBIT), Karachi, and Approved supervisor by Higher Education Commission, for M. Phil/PhD programs.
- UNIVERSITY OF MALAYA, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Doctorate in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance.
- Thesis: Factors Influencing Capital Structure in Three Asian Countries: Japan, Malaysia and Pakistan.
- Advisor: Dr. Mansor Md. Isa
- Institute of Business Administration, Karachi, Pakistan. MBA in Finance
- I.B.A., UNIVERSITY OF KARACHI, Karachi, Pakistan, Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- UNIVERSITY OF KARACHI, Karachi, Pakistan. Bachelor of Arts
- Professor/ Senior Fellow/ Head of Department, Finance and Accounting,Institute of Business Management (IoBM), Karachi
- Professor, Finance and Accounting, Khadim Ali Shah Bukhari Institute of Technology, Karachi, Pakistan
- Assistant Professor (Grade – 19), Finance and Accounting,
- Lecturer, Institute of Business Administration, University of Karachi, Pakistan
Institute of Business Administration, Karachi, Pakistan
Director Finance (BPS- 20) Duties included
- To manage the property, finances and investment of the Institute.
- To prepare the annual and revised budget estimates and present them to the Board for approval.
- To ensure that the funds of the Institute were spent for the purpose for which they were provided and
- To perform other duties such as preparation of PC forms for submission to the Planning Commission, Government of Pakistan and income tax returns.
- Accounts Advisor
- Hostel Superintendent
- Corporate Finance; Financial Management (Including Special Topics such as Derivatives, Risk Management, Bankruptcy, Reorganization, Liquidation, Mergers, Divestitures, Holding Companies and Multinational Financial Management); Cost and Management Accounting; and Financial Accounting.
- Capital Structure and Credit Management.
- Impact of Exchange Rate Volatility on Pakistan’s Exports to USA: An Empirical Investigation. Pakistan Business Review, under review for publication, 2015
- Trade Openness Transmission Channels for Pakistan, Pakistan Business Review, under review for publication, 2015
- Prospectus of Globalization, KASBIT Business Journal, Volume 4, 2011
- Islamic Economics System in the Eyes of Maulana Maudadi – An Analysis,Indus Journal of Management & Social Sciences, Volume-3, Number – 2 (Fall 2009).
- Economic Factors Influencing Corporate Capital Structure in Three Asian Countries: Evidence from Japan, Malaysian and Pakistan, Indus Journal of Management & Social Sciences, Volume-3, Number – 1 (Spring 2009).
- “Livelihood Diversification and Opinion Polls’ Analysis: Evidence From Tharparkar-Sindh (Pakistan),” Indus Journal of Management & Social Sciences, Volume-3, Number – 1 (Spring 2009).
- Labor Productivity and Economic Growth, What Causes What: An Empirical analysis, Journal of Management & Social Sciences, Vol. 2, Number 1, Spring 2006
- The Relationship between Economic Growth and Capital Structure of Listed Companies: Evidence of Japan, Malaysia and Pakistan, presented at the 19th Annual General Meeting and Conference January 13 –15, 2004, Islamabad, Pakistan. The research article is selected for publication vide letter No.PSDE.19/2004 dated 21 January 2004.
- Restructuring of Banking Sector in Pakistan, – qualified for publication and awarded 4th prize by the Institute of Bankers Pakistan vide their letter No. AA/7088/2002 dated 12 May 2003.
- Development of Corporate Bond Market in Pakistan, – qualified for publication and awarded 3rd prize by the Institute of Bankers Pakistan vide their letter No. AA/2684/2001 dated 8 Feb 2002.
- The Influence of Industry, Size and Earnings on Capital Structure of Malaysian Listed Companies, Capital Markets Review Volume 6, No. 1 & 2, 1998 (PP7623/7/2001). Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange and Research Institute of Investment Analysis Malaysia publish the Capital Market Review twice a year.
- Role of Micro Credit in the Economic Revival and Poverty Alleviation, – qualified for publication and awarded consolation prize by the Institute of Bankers in Pakistan vide their letter No. AA/142/Essay-01 dated 1 Feb 2001.
- Bridging balance of trade gap, Pakistan and Gulf Economist, November 20 – 26, 2000.
- Illegitimacy of odious and dubious Debt, Pakistan and Gulf Economist, May 29 – June 4, 2000.
- Banishing Interest from Pakistan economy, Pakistan and Gulf Economist, April 17 – 23, 2000.
- Role of Capital Markets in the Economic Development of Pakistan and its Present State of Development, – qualified for publication and awarded consolation prize by the Institute of Bankers in Pakistan vide their letter No. AA/7833/Essay-99 dated 2 March 2000.
- Economic Development via Capital Market, Pakistan and Gulf Economist, March 6 – March 12, 2000.
- Implications of General Sales tax, Pakistan and Gulf Economist January 31 – February 6, 2000.
- Trade Policy: Impact on Exports, Pakistan and Gulf Economist, September 13-19, 1999.
- Finance Bill 1999 and Incentive for Capital Markets, Investment & Marketing, July 1999.
- Stock Exchange and the Economy, Pakistan and Gulf Economist, July 13 – 19, 1996.
- Self-sufficiency in Sugar Production -MBR, not new sugar mills is the way out,” Pakistan and Gulf Economist, December 23 – 29, 1995.
- IMF and its Policies Towards Pakistan – The tax collection machinery needs a thorough overhaul, Pakistan and Gulf Economist, December 2 – 8, 1995.
- A Comparison of Trade Promotion: EPB Vs South Korea Counterpart,” Pakistan and Gulf Economist, November 4 – 10, 1995.
- Gulf – A Prospective Market, Pakistan and Gulf Economist, June 24 – 30, 1995.
- Hazard in Accounting System, Pakistan and Gulf Economist, April 29 – May 5, 1995.
The Relationship between Economic Growth and Capital Structure of Listed Companies: Evidence of Japan, Malaysia and Pakistan,” presented at the 19th Annual General Meeting and Conference January 13 –15, 2004, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Determinants of Capital Structure Decisions in Malaysia,” presented at the Tenth Annual PACAP/FMA Finance Conference, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 1998.
Impact of the Budget on the Corporate Sector, presented at the Seminar on Impact of the Federal Budget 1995-96, Institute of Business Administration, Karachi, 1995.
Workshops organized by the Export Promotion Bureau, Government of Pakistan and the International Trade Centre (UNCTAD/GATT):
- The Third Trainers Workshop held from 11th August, 1985 to 22nd August, 1985,
- The Fourth Trainers Workshop held from 8th December 1985 to 19th December 1985.
Subject and Research Concentration
- Corporate Finance, Revenue Forecasting, Finance and Accounting
- Determinants of Capital Structure Decisions in Malaysia.
- Member, National Curriculum Revision Committee, Higher Education Commission, Sector H-9, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Approved supervisor by Higher Education Commission, Sector H-9, Islamabad, Pakistan for the M. Phil/PhD programs.
- Member, Doctoral Board, Shaheed Zulifquar Ali Bhutto Institute of Technology, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Member, Pakistan Society of Development Economists, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, Islamabad.
- Member, Advance Studies and Research Board, Khadim Ali Shah Bukhari Institute of Technology, Karachi, Pakistan.
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
CBM Building, Room no. 412, cabin 2, Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – 316
Tauseef A. Qureshi
Accounting and Finance Department
Counseling Hours: Monday and Wednesday: 8:30 am to 10:00 am
Tuesday & Thursday: 8:30 am to 10:00 am, and 11:00 am to 12.00 pm
Saturday: 12.00 pm to 1:00 pm
Currently working as Assistant Professor, Accounting and Finance faculty, at Institute of Business Management (IoBM). He obtained his bachelor of science degree in first class. He subsequently obtained an MBA from the IBA – Karachi. He also qualified the professional examination up to professional stage of Canadian Institute of Management Accountants (CMA).He is a mature executive with over twenty five years international airline financial management experience and service and manufacturing industry experience exceeding ten years in Canada. During airline service career as the head of finance and administration functions of PIA station at Amsterdam, Bahrain, Beijing, proactively managed all banking, legal, taxation, purchasing, insurance, auditors, security service providers, local hotel agreements and office accommodation and repairs and maintenance, transport fleet management and coordination with all local offices such as travel and cargo agencies, Civil Aviation Authority and the national carrier. He also worked as Controller in Canada for ten years in manufacturing industrial such as security equipment; food processing and defense technology company and service industries such as property management, food distribution, and member supported automobile owner’s association.
|1976||MBA||Institute of Business Administration|
|1975||BBA (Hons)||Institute of Business Administration|
|1972||MBA||Institute of Business Administration|
|1994-1996||Visiting faculty||Inter College of Management – Beijing|
|2017-2008||Visiting faculty||Bahria University – Karachi|
|2008 – till date||Senior Fellow||IoBM, Karachi|
|Finance Manager||Pakistan International Airlines||
1980-1981 (Colombo )
1982 – 1983 (Bahrain)
1983 – 1986 (Amsterdam)
1992 – 1996 (Beijing)
|Comptroller||Al Safa Halal – Cambridge, Canada||2001-2003|
|Corporate Accountant||Tecmotive Corp, Toronto, Canada||2003-2004|
|Controller||Alarm Force Ind., Toronto, Canada||2004-2007|
- Initiated complete computerized accounting system of PIA and implemented at all PIA stations. Also initiated direct billing system in mail revenue.
- Consultancy services in Security Leasing Company in 2007.
- Set up the billing and Accounting system in Al-Safa Halal at Canada.
Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Management Accounting, Cost and Management Accounting and Advanced Management Accounting at IoBM.
Qualitative and Quantitative research mainly in areas of Customer satisfaction, delayed flights, food services in the airline industry
Currently working as Associate Professor, Accounting and Finance faculty, at the Institute of Business Management (IoBM), Karachi. He was HoD in the same department from January, 2007 to January, 2015. He holds a BE degree in Electronics from Dawood College of Engineering & Technology (1973) and MBA from IBA, Karachi (1979). He also holds a diploma in Banking (DAIBP) from the Institute of Bankers of Pakistan (1988).He possesses over 35 years of work experience (professional plus teaching). Professional experience was mainly as a development banker with the National Development Finance Corporation (which was merged with the National Bank of Pakistan in 1999) and has also worked for other leading financial institutions such as ORIX Leasing. At NDFC he worked mainly in the Project Financing area with prime responsibility of Project Appraisal of industrial projects and dealing with related work and correspondence. At ORIX Leasing Company he was head of Business Control Department, for over two years. The department is responsible for the company’s credit administration function.
He has taught core as well as elective courses in Finance for over 25 years; five years as visiting faculty at IBA and as visiting/full time faculty at IoBM. Besides teaching, he has experience in conducting workshops and training courses. He is an active researcher and regular contributor in IoBM’s research journal PBR for over 10 years. He has presented research papers at more than 10 international conferences and has also co-authored a book titled ‘Financial Management in Pakistan’, which was published by the Oxford University press in the year 2005.
|MBA||Institute of Business Administration, Karachi||1979|
|B.E (Electronics)||Dawood College of Engineering & Technology||1973|
|Diploma of the Institute of Bankers Pakistan||1988|
|1993-97||Visiting Faculty||IBA, Karachi|
|1997-98||Visiting Faculty||IoBM, Karachi|
|1999-2004||Full time Faculty||IoBM, Karachi|
|2004-2007||Visiting Faculty||IoBM, Karachi|
|2007 to date||Full time Faculty||IoBM, Karachi|
|Head of Business Control Dept||ORIX Leasing Pakistan Limited (OLPL)||2004-2006|
|Vice President, Corporate Advisory||Trust Investment Bank Limited (TIBL)||Jan-October 2004|
|Vice President||National Development Finance Corporation||1984-98|
|Marketing Executive||Zelin Limited, Karachi||1981-84|
|Asstt. Manager||National Development Finance Corporation||1979-80|
|Sales Engineer||Zelin Limited, Karachi||1973-76|
- Conducted a consultancy assignment on Asset/Liability Management function for the then Mashriq Bank Ltd. in the year 2000.
Corporate Finance, Investment Banking & Security Analysis, Behavioral Finance, Financial Management, Advanced Financial Management, Analysis of Financial Statements, Project Evaluation, Financial Institutions, Financial Accounting, Cost and Managerial Accounting.
Quantitative and Qualitative research mainly in the areas of Corporate Finance, Banking and Risk Management
ARTICLES / PAPERS PUBLISHED OR PRESENTED
- “Are Capital Requirements Affecting the Performance of Islamic Banks in Pakistan?” Paper presented at Asian Management Research & Case Conference (AMRC 2016) held at Dubai, U.A.E. on January 16-18, 2016.
- Paper on “Balancing Risk Management and Profitability” published in Pakistan Business Review, July, 2015.
- “Factors influencing capital structure of Pharmaceutical companies listed on the Karachi Stock Exchange”. Paper presented at World Finance & Banking Symposium held at Singapore on Dec. 12-13, 2014
- “The need for Cash Flow Statements” – Daily Dawn, Business & Finance dated November 3, 2014.
- “Capital Budgeting Techniques” – Daily Dawn, Business & Finance dated July 21, 2014.
- Paper on “Factors influencing Capital Structure in Pakistan” published in Pakistan Business Review, July, 2014.
- “Balancing Risk Management and Profitability” – Daily Dawn, Business & Finance dated April 7, 2014.
- “Impact of Risk Management Practices on Profitability of Islamic Banks in Pakistan” paper presented at the Global Forum on Islamic Finance 2014, held at Lahore, Pakistan, on March 10 – 12, 2014.
- “Capital Budgeting – Decision making Practices in Pakistan” paper presented at the International Conference on Business Management & Information Systems 2013, held at Dubai, UAE, on November 19 – 21, 2013.
- Paper on “Case for Revival of DFIs in Pakistan” published in Pakistan Business Review, April 2013.
- Paper on “Factors influencing capital structure of Pharmaceutical companies listed on the Karachi Stock Exchange” published in Pakistan Business Review, January 2013.
- “An Investigation of Factors Influencing the Capital Structure of Listed Companies in Pakistan”. Paper presented at International Conference on Business Management & Information Systems held at Singapore, November 22 – 24, 2012.
- “DFIs needed to reverse deindustrialization” – Daily Dawn, Economic & Business dated June 25, 2012.
- “Testing the Validity of CAPM and APT in the Oil, Gas and Fertilizer Companies listed on the Karachi Stock Exchange”. Paper presented in 3rd Finance & Corporate Governance Conference held at Melbourne, Australia, April 12 – 13, 2012.
- Paper on “Testing the Validity of CAPM and APT in the Oil, Gas and Fertilizer Companies listed on the Karachi Stock Exchange” published in Pakistan Business Review, October 2011
- Paper on Impact of Working Capital Management and Capital Structure on Profitability of Automobile Firms in Pakistan – Paper presented at the 2nd. Finance & Corporate Governance Conference (FCGC) held at Melbourne, Australia on April 28-29, 2011
- Linkage of Profitability with Key Financial and Economic Indicators: The case of Pakistan’s Cement Industry: Paper presented at the Finance & Corporate Governance Conference (FCGC) held at Melbourne, Australia from April 7-9, 2010
- Financial Risk Management: Current Issues in Pakistan: Paper presented at the Fourth Mathematics Colloquium held at IoBM on March 13, 2010
- Impact of Working Capital Management and Capital Structure on Profitability: the case of KSE quoted Automobile Firms – Paper presented at the Second International Conference on Socio-Economic Development of Sindh, held at IoBM on January 16, 2010
- Assets/Liabilities Management at Commercial Banks in Pakistan: Paper presented at the Asian Finance Association Conference (AFIC) 2009 held at Brisbane, Australia from June 30 to July 2, 2009
- Paper on ‘Leverage, Size of Firm and Profitability: The case of Pakistan’s Automobile Industry’ presented at 2nd International Colloquium on Business & Management (ICBM) held from November 17-20, 2008 at Bangkok, Thailand.
- Assets/Liabilities Management at Commercial Banks in Pakistan, Pakistan Business Review, October 2008 issue.
- Paper on “Capital Budgeting – Decision Making Practices in Pakistan” presented in Conference on Sindh Progress and Prospects held on August 9, 2008 at Hotel Sheraton, Karachi.
- Revitalizing Industrial Project Financing – Pakistan Business Review, January 2003
- Performance of Leasing Companies in Pakistan (1996 – 2000) – Pakistan Business Review, July 2002 issue.
- Liabilities Management at Commercial Banks – Daily Dawn, Economic & Business Review pages, September 17, 2001.
- Risk Management Issues in Pakistan – Daily Dawn, Economic & Business Review, May 14, 2001
- Foreign Banks Outperform Local Banks – Daily Dawn, Economic & Business Review pages, September 11, 2000
- Performance of Commercial Banks in Pakistan (1997 – 1998) – Pakistan Business Review, July 2000
- National Bank of Pakistan – Corporate Performance, Pakistan Business Review, January 2000
- Company Analysis – Pak Suzuki Motor Co. Ltd. Pakistan Business Review, July 1999
Co-authored a book titled ‘Financial Management in Pakistan’ which was published by the Oxford University Press (OUP), Pakistan in the year 2005
- Life Member of Pakistan Engineering Council
Sharique Ayubi Holds a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi and another Master’s degree in Economics from the University of Karachi. He also holds a Banking Diploma (DAIBP) from the Institute of Bankers, Karachi. Currently, he is enrolled in the M.Phil program. His research interests are Corporate Governance; Regulation of Banking and Securities Markets; and Comparative Management.
Sharique Ayubi has over 30 years of work experience (professional plus teaching). His experience in industry has been in National Development Finance Corporation (NDFC), where he worked for 14 years. He has been teaching courses in Accounting, Finance and Management for over 16 years at various universities and business schools. He worked as HoD, Management Sciences and Program Coordinator at the KASB Institute of Technology for three and a half years.
- Fareed, S., Arsalan, T., Ayubi, S., (2017). “The Determinants of Bank Liquidity” presented in Conference (IRCBM 2017) at PAF – KIET- 18th July 24, 2017.
- My research paper on “Fiscal Decentralization and Public Spending in Pakistan: An Investigation for Dis aggregated Data” has been internally reviewed by referees.
Development Program: (was awarded CIDA scholar ship to attend TOT program)
- Workshop on TEACHING STRATEGIES FOR PREPARING SKILLED TEACHERS, Business Support Center (BSC), Institute of Business Management (IoBM), Karachi May 2005
- Workshop on ACTIVITY-BASED COST MANAGEMENT, BSc, IoBM, Karachi’ July 2005
- Workshop on PRACTICE COMPANY LAW, BSC, loBM. Karachi Feb 2006
- Workshop on RESEARCH METHODOLOGY,BSC, IoBM, Karachi May 2001
- One-day training on MICROSOFT OFFICE, loBM, Karachi May 2008
- Two-day workshop on CASH BASED TEACHING, HEC 2009
Training and Development
- MASTER TRAINER for NGOs/CBOs in 2003 from the Lahore University of Jun 2002-
- Management Sciences (LUMS) under the LUMS-McGill Social Enterprise Jun 2003
Dr. Imam Uddin
Dr. Imam Uddin is an active academician and a researcher in the field of Islamic Banking & Finance. He has got more than ten years of experience in Teaching, research, product development, product management and Sharia’ compliance and authored multiple books and numerous research papers that have been published in the International Journal of Islamic Finance recognized by the AAOIFI, IRTI, and IDB etc. He has earned his PhD in Islamic Finance from University of Karachi, LL.B in International Law from FUUAST & PGD in Islamic Banking & Finance from Center for Islamic Economics (CIE). He has served the Islamic Banking Group, National Bank of Pakistan, Mohammad Ali Jinnah University Karachi, University of Balochistan Quetta and DHA Suffa University Karachi. Currently he is associated with the College of Business Management Institute of Business Management as an Associate Professor in the Department of Accounting & Finance.
|LL.B (International Law)||FUUAST Karachi||2011|
|PhD (Islamic Finance)||University of Karachi||2008|
|M.Phil. leading to PhD (Islamic Finance)||University of Karachi||2005|
|Specialization in Islamic Jurisprudence||Jamia Darul Uloom Karachi||2005|
|Masters (Major: Islamic Finance)||University of Karachi||2003|
|Masters (Arabic & Islamic Studies)||University of Karachi||2003|
|Shahadat-ul-Aalima (Equivalent to Masters in Arabic & Islamic Studies)||Wifaqul Madaris – Pakistan||2002|
|Bachelors (Major: Islamic Finance & Islamic Economics)||University of Sindh, Jamshoro||–|
|PGD (Islamic Banking & Finance)||Centre for Islamic Economics (CIE), Karachi)||2006|
|Associate Professor||Institute of Business Management (IoBM)||Since April, 2015-to date|
|Assistant Professor & HoD Basic Sciences & HumanitiesFaculty of Economics & Management sciences||DHA Suffa University Karachi||Jan 2014 to March 2015|
|Assistant Professor||University of Balochistan||Nov 2011 to Dec 2012|
|Assistant Professor||Mohammad Ali Jinnah University||July 2011 to Oct 2011|
|Lecturer||Center for Islamic Economics, (CIE)||January 2005 to June 2011|
|Vice President/Member Shariah Committee||Aitemaad Islamic Banking – National Bank of Pakistan||Dec 2013 to Dec 2014|
- Islamic Banking
- Produced four M.Phil./MS scholars
- Numerous PhD & MS/M.Phil scholars being supervised
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
- Imamuddin “REDEFINIG ECONOMIC SYSTEMS AS AN ISLAMIC ECONOMIC SYSTEM” Journal of Business Studies, Vol. 12, No. 1, Page 65 – 78, Spring 2016
- Imamuddin “Principles of Islamic Economics In The Light Of the Holy Quran and Sunnah” International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Invention ISSN (Online): 2319 – 7722, ISSN (Print): 2319 – 7714, www.ijhssi.org || Volume 5 Issue 5 ||May. 2016 || PP.48-54
- Imamuddin “Applying Financial Effeciency to Mitigate Systematic Risk”, European Journal of Business Management, Vol: 7, No. 28, 2015, P 79 to 96
- Imamuddin, “Attaining Financial Efficiency through Funds Utilization: The Bankers’ Perspective”. European Journal of Business Management,Vol: 7, No. 1, 2015, P 244 to 258
- Imamuddin, “To analyze the issues related to implementation of interest free banking in pakistan” Interdisciplinary Journal of contemporary Research in Business, 2012, vol. 04, No. 07, 605-620.
- Imamuddin,“Economics of Islam: Islamic Perspective of Banking in Pakistan”, 2013, Journal of Modern Accounting and Auditing, USA, (approved)
- Imamuddin, “Islamic Banking in Pakistan: Problems and Prospects” 2013, Asian journal of Research in business and Management, vol. 3 No.7, 42-72
- Imamuddin, “The Honour System Victimization and Islamic Restrictions for Global Communities.” interdisciplinary Journal of contemporary research in Business, 2012, Vol. 04, No. 07, 605-620.
- Imamuddin, “Honour System: an Empirical analysis” Asian Journal of empirical research, 2013, vol. 03, No. 05, 596-604
- Imamuddin, “Prospects and Challenges for Soft Drink Industry. Research Analysis of “Rooh Afza” as the Case.” RADIX International Journal of banking, finance and Accounting, 2013, vol. 02, No. 04, 01-46.
- Imamuddin, “Admission Process in Preston University” 2013, Research journal of Economics and Business Studies, vol. 02, No. 05, 596-604.
- Imamuddin, “Fatwa as non-state legal system” 2012, Research Journal of Islamic studies, Vol. 08, 172-194.
- Imamuddin, “The knowledge reviewing of objection on hadith declaration” 2006, Ahyaul uloom Karachi,vol. 03, No.1-2, 121-137
- Imamuddin, “Social justice: need and importance in the light of seerah” 2012, Islamic finance journal, vol. 01, No. 01, 1-13.
- Imamuddin, “Prepaid Visa Debit Cards of United Bank Limited” 2013, Research journal of Economics and Business Studies, vol. 02, 39-42.
- Imamuddin, “Prospects and challenges of banking sector in Service Industry”, 2013, Asian journal of Research in business and Management, vol. 3 No. 7, 321-323.
- Imamuddin, “Leasing Industry in Pakistan: Problems and Prospects” 2013, Asian journal of Research in business and Management, vol. 3 No.7, 24-31
- Imamuddin, “Failure of corporate governance in Pakistan Railway” 2013, International journal of multidisciplinary sciences and engineering.Vol. 4, no. 5, 48-49
- Imamuddin, “ Perception and Impact towards dangerous affect of smoking on health”, 2013, International journal of science and IT management, vol. 02, 1-8
- Imamuddin, “Critical Analysis of Organization of air blue”, 2013, “Eurasian Research journal, vo. 1, No. 01, 12-17.
- Imamuddin, “ An analysis of Demand and performance of Islamic banking: business Administration perspective of Pakistan”, 2013, research journal Preston University Karachi, vol. 01, No, 01, 32-39
- Imamuddin,” A critical study to Islamic inter-Bank Benchmark offer rate: associated issues and Solutions.” 2013, Islamic finance journal, vol. 01,No. 01, 1-3
- imamuddin,” Merits and Demerits of increasing Internet Usage for e-commerce”, 2013, Research Journal of commerce and behavioral sciences, vol. 02 No. 08, 6-8
- Imamuddin, “Challenges and prospects of human resources in Service industry’’, 2013, Asian journal of Research in business and Management, vol. 3 No. 7, 324-336.
- Imamuddin, “Customer loyalty and satisfaction influence on service industry. Analysis for cellular mobile phone companies in Pakistan.” 2013, Asian Journal Of Research In Marketing, (Approved)
- Imamuddin, “The Notion of Corporate Governance in Islam” 2013, The IUP Journal of Corporate Governance. Vol. XII, No. 4
- Imamuddin, “Students’ and Teachers’ Perceptions on teaching of English
Poetry at Secondary levels” TIJ’s Research Journal of Social Science & Management – RJSSM, Singapore, Oct, 2015
- Imamuddin, “Importance of English and Urdu Reference and Ellipsis in Translation”. Research journal of Social Science & Management, Singapore 2015,Vol.05,Number:4
CONFERENCES & WORKSHOPS
- Participated as paper presenter at International conference namely: “Islam and the Construction of New Economic Moralities: Divergence, Convergence and Competing Futures,” Organized by The Society for the Advancement of Socio-Economics at University of California – Barkley, California –USA. Dated 24-26 June, 2016.
- Participated as Speaker at International conference on legal education organized by SZABUL, Karachi. Dec 3-4, 2016 at PC hotel, Karachi.
- Participated as Speaker at International Conference on Islamic Banking Organized by Florida International University Miami, USA dated 06,07 April 2015.
- Participated as Research paper presenter at “5th Global Islamic Marketing Conference” Organized by Global Islamic Marketing Association UK in collaboration with University of Qatar. Dated April 23 and 24, 2014.
- Participated as Research paper presenter at “3rd International conference on Islamic Business 2014” Organized by Riphah Center of Islamic Business Riphah International University Islamabad in collaboration with International Islamic University Islamabad and State Bank of Pakistan. Dated February 10 and 11, 2014.
- Participated in Two days “Islamic Finance Conference 2013” in Abu Dhabi, Organized by The University of Abu Dhabi. April 2013.
- International Conference On “Fatwa As A Non-State Legal System” Organized by Faculty Shariah & Law, International Islamic University Islamabad in Collaboration with Higher Education Commission Islamabad & Al-Wastia Forum, Jordan. Dated: December 3-4, 2012.
- National Islamic Scientific Research Conference Organized by National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences Karachi in Collaboration with Higher Education Commission Islamabad. Dated: September 10-11,2012
- National Seminar On “Changes In Curriculum: Requirements And Prospects” Organized by Faculty of Islamic Studies University of Karachi, Karachi. Dated: July 26-27, 2004.
- Training Workshop On “Gender Sensitization” With Teaching Faculty Members Of University Of Baluchistan, Quetta, Organized by Gender Studies Department University of Balochistan, Quetta under Gender Equity Program of Aurat Foundation, in Collaboration with United State Agency for International Development (USAID). Dated: November 8th 2012.
- Seminar on “Geneva Convention and the Islamic Laws of War” Organized by International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Collaboration with Department of Qura’n & Sunnah, University of Karachi. Dated: May 3, 2011.
- Two Days Workshop on “Advancing of Human and Women’s Rights within an Islamic Framework across South Asia” Organized by Faculty Law & Shari’ah International Islamic University Islamabad. Dated: March 12-13, 2011 at Regent Plaza Hotel Karachi.
- Three Days Workshop on “Ensuring Training Effectiveness” Organized by university of Balochistan in collaboration with learning innovation Division HEC. July 4-6, 2013.
Books & Manuals
- Imamuddin, “The concept of partnership in present era and comparative study in Islamic orders. PhD Thesis. 2008
- Imamuddin, “A joint stock company and its laws according to Islamic ways. Thesis for Specialization in Islamic jurisprudence. 2005
- Dr. Imamuddin ‘’Muhad-e-theen-e-karachi and their hadiths’s service. 20
REVIEWER & EDITORSHIP
- Mohammad Asif Jah, “UMRAH: STEP BY STEP” 2010, Al-khair academy Karachi.
- Mohammad Ameen, “LISANUL QURA’N, (Arabic)” 2011,
- Muhammad Hashim Kakar, “ISLAMIAT: Syllabus book for Class four”, 2013, Baluchistan Text Book Board, Quetta.
- Muhammad Hashim Kakar, “ISLAMIAT: Syllabus book for class six”, 2012, Baluchistan Text Book Board, Quetta.
- Muhammad Hashim Kakar, “ISLAMIAT: Syllabus book for class Nine and Ten”, 2012, Baluchistan Text Book Board, Quetta.
|Member Shariah Committee, Islamic Banking Group||National Bank of Pakistan|
|Member Scientific and Technical Committee||World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology,Riverside, Connecticut, CT 06878, USA|
|Editorial Review Board Member||World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology,Riverside, Connecticut, CT 06878, USA|
|Member Academic Council||Faculty of Economics & Management Sciences, DHA Suffa University Karachi|
|Member Board of Study||Department of Basic Sciences & Humanities, DHA Suffa University Karachi|
|Member, Curriculum Revision Committee||Balochistan Text Book Board Quetta|
|Member Penal of Examiners for Degree Classes||University of Balochistan,Quetta|
|Executive Member Indian School of Economics||Allahabad India|
|Member Departmental Admission Committee (MS/MPhil & PhD Program)||University of Balochistan, Quetta|
|Member editorial board: Research Journal of Business Administration||Preston University Karachi 2011|
|Member editorial board: Research Journal of Islamic Finance||Institute of Islamic Banking & Finance, Karachi 2011|
|Member editorial board||Research Journal “The Scholar” 2015|
Mehboob Moosa completed his Chartered Management Accountancy course from ICMAP in the year 1996 and became associate member in 1997. After 10 years of corporate experience at senior level, he became fellow member of ICMAP. He completed final group 2 of Chartered Accountancy from ICAP in 1994. He has completed the coursework of Mphil in business management from the Institute of Business Management and currently writing his thesis. He is currently working as an Assistant Professor at the College of Business Management and intends to pursue his Phd in Islamic banking and finance for which he is currently doing Post Graduation Diploma in Islamic Banking and Finance. In the past, he has been associated with various companies in different senior capacities as well as educational institutions of UK and Pakistani Education Streams. He has published his three research papers in Pakistan Business Review. His area of research interest lies in the Islamic Banking & Finance.
- CA Finalist
- MPhil in Business Management (Thesis in process in Islamic Banking & Finance)
- PGD in Islamic Banking and Finance under process from CIE (Centre for Islamic Economy)
|Jan’09 to date||Assistant Professor||Institute of Business Management|
|Sept’07 to Jan’09||Visiting Faculty||Institute of Business Management|
|Sept’08 to May’09||Visiting Faculty||PAF KIET|
|Dec’98 to Apr’09||Visiting Faculty||ICMAP|
|Jul’03 to Apr’09||Visiting Faculty||PIPFA|
|Sept’08 to Apr’09||Part time teacher||Genesis School, Clifton (A levels)|
|Mar’08 to Apr’09||Part time teacher||Fahim’s A level School, Gulshan-e-Iqbal|
|Aug’07 to Aug’09||Part time teacher||Foundation Public School Defence Campus|
|Dec’01 to Jun’03||Senior Teacher||The City School, PAF Chapter (0 level)|
|1992-93||Assistant Manager, Audit. Sidaat Hyder Aslam & Company, Chartered.Accountants, Islamabad|
|1990-91||Assistant Manager, Audit. KPMG Taseer Hadi Khalid and Company, Chartered Accountants, Karachi|
|1985-89||Trainee Student, Rahim Jan & Company, Chartered Accountants, Karachi|
|2000-2001||Manager, Internal Audit, Century 21 Textiles, SITE,Karachi|
|1999-2000||Chief Accountant, Liberty Textiles, SITE,Karachi|
|1997-98||Chief Accountant, World Automobiles, Shahra-e-Faisal, Karachi|
|1995-97||Audit Officer, BOC (Pakistan) Ltd., West Wharf, Karachi|
|1994-95||Accounts Manager, Habib Group of Companies, Karachi|
|1981-85||Accounts Assistant, AlFuttaim Engineering, Dubai|
- Undergrad Programs: Introduction to Financial Accounting, Intermediate Financial Accounting, Advanced Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Management Accounting
- Graduate Programs: Financial Accounting, Introduction to Managerial & Cost Accounting
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research in Islamic Banking & Finance
- Research paper on “Non accessibility of bank finance to SME Sector and alternate sources of finance” published in Pakistan Business Review in July 2014.
- Research paper on “Feasibility of Application of IFRs on companies operating in developing countries with focus on Pakistan” published in Pakistan Business Review in January’2013.
- Research paper on “Application of Resource Consumption Accounting in Educational Institute” published in Pakistan Business Review in January’2011.
- Part of training on AACSB Standards conducted by EMEC of IoBM.
- Research Paper on “EXPLORING THE BENEFITS OF ISLAMIC ECONOMY” submitted for publication in PBR
- Research Paper on “Reasons of closure of NDFC” under process of finalization
- Fellow member of Institute of Cost & Management Accountants of Pakistan.
Samina Riaz holds an MBA in Finance from Bahria University and MPhil in Banking & Finance. Currently, she is perusing her PhD in Finance from Malaysia. Her research interests are in the areas of banking and risk management. She is actively involved in research & teaching and believes in fostering learner centered environment to explore from text books to experiential learning. Her research papers have been published in various national and international journals. Her articles have also been published in the Pakistan Gulf & Economist magazine and The Financial Daily newspaper. Ms. Riaz has also presented her research papers at various national and international conferences and has chaired international conference sessions as well. She is also a member of Editorial Review Board of the “Journal of Emerging Issues in Economics, Finance and Banking (JEIEFB). She has participated as a reviewer for 10th Asian Academic Accounting Association conference, held in Istanbul, Turkey and 2nd International Conference on Financial Theory and Engineering, held in Shanghai, China. Ms. Riaz has been faculty advisor of IoBM student Finance Society for five years and organized various seminars, conferences and workshops.
|PhD in Finance (in progress)||University of Malaysia, Malaysia|
|MPhil in Finance||Iqra University|
|MBA in Finance||Bahria University|
- Assistant Professor in Accounting & Finance Department, she has been associated with Institute of Business Management for a decade
- Conducted workshop on “SAP Accounting Module” Training in IoBM
- Financial Accounting, Strategic Financial Analysis & Design, Risk Management, Analysis of Financial Statements, Accounting & Financial Information Systems, Advanced Financial Accounting, Asset Liability Management.
- Finance, Banking, Risk Management, Corporate Governance
- Riaz, S. (2016, April). Investigating the factors affecting the efficiency of commercial banks. Pakistan Business Review,18(1), 247-266
- Riaz, S., Liew, V. K. S., & Ab-Rahim, R. (2016, November). Regulatory pressure and bank capital and risk behavior in Pakistan. 28th International Business Management Association (IBIMA) Conference.Seville, Spain (pp. 482-491). SCOPUS and ISI Conference Proceedings Citation Index.
- Riaz, S., Liew, V. K. S., & Ab-Rahim, R. (2016, November). Basel implementation and performance of Pakistani banking sector during 2004-2014. 28th International Business Management Association (IBIMA) Conference. Seville, Spain (pp. 548-561). SCOPUS and ISI Conference Proceedings Citation Index.
- Riaz, S. (2014, April). The impact of advertising on the profitability of commercial banks. Pakistan Business Review,16(1), 53-71.
- Riaz, S. (2013, April). Alpha risk management in KSE 100 index companies. Pakistan Business Review, 5(1), 121-155.
- Riaz, S., & Mehar, A. (2013). The impact of Bank Specific and Macroeconomic Indicators on the Profitability of Commercial banks. Romanian Economic Journal, 16(47), 91-110.
- Riaz, S. (2012, October). Impact of debt financing on firm investment decisions: empirical evidence fron textile sector. Pakistan Business Review, 14(3), 543-560.
- Riaz, S. (2010, April). Ratio analysis and Rating of Banks in Pakistan. Pakistan Business Review, 12(1), 24-76.
- Riaz, S. (2010, June). In the Corporate Governance framework-shareholders’ level of satisfaction in Pakistan. In Financial Theory and Engineering (ICFTE), 2010 International Conference on(pp. 171-175).
- Riaz, S. (2010, April). Relationship of age, income and experience with securities investment preference in Pakistan. World Journal of Business Studies, 1(1), 25-36, ISSN: 2079-1712.
- Riaz, S. (2009, June). Car Islamic Insurance- Influence of Age, Education &Income in Pakistan and U.A.E: A Comparative Study. International Review of Business Research Papers, 5(4), 457-467 ISSN 1832 9543.
- Riaz, S. (2008, December). Marketing potential for Takaful. Journal of Business Strategies, 2(2), ISSN 1993-5765.
- Presented paper “Regulatory pressure and bank capital and risk behavior in Pakistan” at 28thInternational Business Management Association Conference on 9-10 November, 2016, held in Seville, Spain.
- Presented paper “Basel implementation and performance of Pakistani banking sector during 2004-2014” at 28thInternational Business Management Association Conference on 9-10 November, 2016, held in Seville, Spain
- Attended International Conference of Business Management on March 11-13, 2015, held at Institute of Business Management Karachi, Pakistan.
- Presented paper “The impact of Advertising on the Profitability of Commercial Banks” at the 6thInternational Borneo Business conference on 20-21 August, 2014, held in Kuching, Malaysia.
- Presented paper “Profitability Determinants of Commercial banks” at the 6thInternational Business and Social Sciences Research conference on 3-4 January, 2013, held in Dubai, U.A.E.
- Presented paper “Impact of Debt Financing on Firm Investment Decisions: A Case Study of Pakistan” at the conference on “Long term debt financing: issues and challenges for Pakistan” in March, 2012, held at Institute of Business Management Karachi, Pakistan.
- Presented paper ” Securities Investment Preference in Pakistan” at the Oxford Business and Economics Conference on 24-26 June, 2009, held in Oxford University UK.
- Presented paper “Car Islamic Insurance- Influence of Age, Education & Income in Pakistan and U.A.E: A Comparative Study” at the 10thInternational Business Research Conference on 16-17 April, 2009, held in Dubai, U.A.E.
- Presented paper “Marketing Potential for Takaful” at the National Conference in December, 2008, held in Greenwich University Karachi, Pakistan.
SEMINARS and WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
- Seminar on “ABC of stock Market” in 2016.
- Seminar on “How to diversify Risk” in 2015.
- Seminar on “Effect of Hawala on the Economy of Pakistan” in 2014.
- Seminar on “Stabilizing the Rupee & Solutions for the Key Economic Issues faced by Pakistan” in October 2013.
- Work shop on “Experiential Learning” in 2013.
- Seminar on “Investor Awareness and Education” in 2012.
- Workshop on “SAP training” in 2012.
- Workshop on “Research process and methodology” in 2010.
- Training workshop on “data analysis using SPSS” in 2010.
- Workshop on “classroom management” in 2009.
- Workshop on “project management” in 2008.
SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS and CONFERENCES ORGANIZED
- Conference on “Long term debt financing: issues and challenges for Pakistan” in March, 2012, at Institute of Business Management Karachi, Pakistan.
- Seminar on “Mutual Funds” in 2011.
- Workshop on “Financial Modeling” in 2011.
- Seminar on “Prospects and Challenges to Islamic Banking” in 2011.
- Seminar on “Takaful” in 2010.
- Workshop on “Financial Modeling” in 2010.
- Seminar on “Securitization” in 2009.
- Seminar on “Role of KSE, SECP and CDC in Pakistan’s Capital Market” in 2009.
- Seminar on “Budget Session FY 08-09” in 2008.
REVIEWER & EDITORSHIP
- Member of editorial review board of the “Journal of Emerging Issues in Economics, Finance and Banking (JEIEFB)” an on-line peer-reviewed (academic) international journal.
- Internal reviewer board member of “Pakistan Business Review”, HEC approved X category journal. It is abstracted and indexed by the American Economic Association in the ECONLIT, the Journal of Economic Literature, USA and EBSCO New York.
- Reviewer of 10thAsian Academic Accounting Association conference, held in Istanbul, Turkey on 25-26 May, 2013.
- Reviewer of 2nd International Conference on Financial Theory and Engineering (ICFTE), held in Shanghai, China on 11-13 March, 2011.
Muhammad Arsalan is a Chevening Scholar (2014-15), holding an MS in Islamic Finance with distinction, from Durham University, UK. He is presently engaged with Institute of Business Management, Karachi as an Assistant Professor. Previously he has worked with FAST-NUCES in the same capacity. He has 7 years of Corporate Banking experience working with Allied Bank and Bank Alfalah Limited. He did Bachelor of Engineering from NED University, and MBA from Institute of Business Administration Karachi. He also holds Diploma in Islamic Finance from CIMA, UK. He has served as an Adjunct faculty and corporate trainer in premier organizations like Institute of Bankers Pakistan, PAF KIET, and SZABIST etc. Arsalan has delivered international and domestic training programs on Islamic Banking, Islamic Accounting Standards, Credit Analysis, Corporate Banking and Corporate Finance etc. He has contributed articles in renowned practitioner’s publications and newspapers. He teaches Finance Courses, such as Financial Management, Islamic Finance, Financial Institutions etc. His research interest includes Financial Development, Capital Adequacy Regulation, Financial Contracting and Agency Theory.
|MSc (Islamic Finance)||Durham University (HEC Equivalency MS)||2015|
|MBA||Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi||2006|
|B.E (CS)||NED University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi||2003|
|CIMA Diploma in Islamic Finance||CIMA-UK||2012|
|Sept 2016 to date||Assistant Professor||Institute of Business Management|
|Jan 2016 to Sep 2016||Assistant Professor||FAST-National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences|
|December 2013||Corporate Trainer||Dubai Islamic Bank, UAE|
|March 2008||Visiting Faculty||Institute of Bankers, Pakistan|
|Spring 2007||Visiting Faculty||Institute of Business and Technology [BIZTEK]|
|Fall 2007 to Fall 2009||Visiting Faculty||PAF Karachi Institute of Economics and Technology [PAF KIET]|
|Spring 2008||Visiting Faculty||Shaheed ‘Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology [SZABIST]|
|March 2010 to August 2013||Team Leader – Corporate Banking||Bank Alfalah Limited, PAKISTAN|
|June 2007 – Feb 2010||Relationship Manager||Allied Bank Limited, Pakistan|
- Agency Theory, Financial Contracting, Islamic Finance, Capital Adequacy Issues, Renewable Energy Economics
- Financial Institutions, Islamic Banking and Finance, Corporate Finance, Project Appraisal, Asset Pricing
|‘Twiplomacy – Diplomacy of 140 Characters’||Durham-Chevening Conference 2015 organized FCO,Govt of UK||April 2015|
- Islamic Banking in Oman – Today and the Way Forward Part1 & Part2 (CPI Financial’s Islamic Banking and Finance Issue 85 & 86, / Republished by Zawya Thomson Reuters) , July 2014 and September 2014, Issue 85/86.
- Potential of Islamic Finance Education & Careers: The Case of Pakistan (CPI Financial’s Islamic Banking and Finance) , April 2013 , Issue 78.
- ‘‘Bahria Town project and it’s Invisible Hands (The Express Tribune)
- The tale of a proselyte islamic banker (Yurizk Islamic Finance Knowledge Portal)
HONORS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Chevening Scholarship Award, Foreign Commonwealth Office, Government of UK 2014-2015 (Availed)
- HEC – Indigenous PhD scholarship in 2014 (Not Availed).
- Cultural Exchange Scholarship – Ministry of Interprovincial Coordination for Foreign PhD in 2014 (Not Availed).
- Merit Scholarship by Ministry of Science & Technology during the 1999-2003 for the B.E Program (Availed).
- Represented the students as Member – Board of Studies in Business Durham University October 2014 to September 2015.
- Served as Jury Panelist at INFER (IBA National Finance & Economic Reformation) 2014 with 35 Teams from all across Pakistan
- Global Association of Risk Professionals
- Institute of Bankers, Pakistan
- Network members
- Chevening Alumni Association, UK
- Pakistan Chevening Alumni Association
- Durham Alumni Association
- IBA Alumni Association
Kamran Rabbani Holds a Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance and has more than 24 years experience of credit, Portfolio Management Product development, financial analysis and risk management in leading banks of Pakistan & Saudi Arabia.He has expertise in implementing international best practices in SME financing, segmentation of customers, toward preparing bankable credit proposals, training of SME bankers, launching SME product programs, credit risk in SME lending, portfolio management and developing policies and procedures for SME banking.He was selected as Master Trainer & Supervisor of US aid and Shore Bank, USA for capacity building program of SME Bankers and trained many bankers and launched product programs with Shore bank. Considering his achievements in SME banking, Saudi Arabia the largest government bank selected him to set up SME department and train Saudi bankers. He successfully set up SME department and launched product programs both deposit as well as lending programs and trained bankers to finance SME sector.
Presently, he been associated with IoBM for 7 years as permanent faculty delivering lectures on Accounts and Financial Management. He has especial interest and expertise in Micro and SME financing and launching elective course on Micro and SME financing in Fall 2015 at IoBM.He possess Master of Business Administration (major in Finance), Chartered Accountancy (Intermediate) and diploma in Banking degrees beside four years professional audit and accounting training from Chartered Accountancy firms. Presently, he is completing M-Phil leading to PHD program in SME financing.
|M.Phil –Management Science||Under Progress||Institute of Business Management|
|Master of Business Administration||1988-1990||Greenwich University,Karachi|
|Chartered Accountant (Intermediate)||1984-1988||Institute of Chartered Accounts of Pakistan|
|B.Com||1982-1983||University of Karachi|
|Diploma in Banking||1993-1994||Institute of Bankers of Pakistan|
|Institute of Business Management||Senior Lecturer, Finance & Accounting||Jan. 2010 to date|
|National Commercial Bank-Saudi Arabia||Senior Officer-Product Development
Retail Segment & Product Management Division
|Sept. 2007 to Sept. 2009|
|National Bank of Pakistan||Vice President & Product Manager (SME)||June 2003 to Sept. 2007|
|SME Bank Limited-Pakistan||AVP & Product Manager||August 2000 to May 2003|
|Power Track International Limited||Head of Project Finance Division||Dec. 1998 to Aug.2000|
|Islamic Investment Bank Limited||Vice President
Investment Banking Division
|Nov.1995 to Nov.1998|
|Pakistan Kuwait Investment Company||Assistant Vice PresidentInvestment Banking Division||Dec. 1991 to Oct. 1995|
|Long Term Venture Capital Modaraba||Senior Manager
Credit & Marketing Division
|May 1989 to Nov. 1991|
- Capstone Project. Market study of Islamic deposit products for NBP
- Capstone Project. Market study of Islamic Housing products for NBP
- Capstone Project. on impact of CPEC on SME textile Sector for SMEDA
- Capstone Project on impact of CPEC on Auto Vendor Sector for SMEDA
- Capstone Project on Pre-Feasibility study on Production house of SMEDA
- Introduction to Business Finance ,
- Financial management
- Introduction to Accounting
- SME and Micro Finance
- Capstone Projects
- Financing Issues in SME and Micro Finance
- New lending product development
- Presenting a paper in International conference at IoBM name as “Challenges in Banks finance to SME sector, published in PBR, HEC approved journal (Y)”.
- Challenges in Banks finance to SME sector, published in PBR of May 2013, HEC approved journal (Y)
- “Non-Accessibility of Bank Financing to newly established SMEs” published in PBR of July 2014, HEC approved journal (Y)
- Member of Institute of Bankers of Pakistan
- Network Member of SME Pakistan
Misbah Iqbal, Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Finance and Coordinator, BS-Social Entrepreneurship and Social Leadership, holds a BBA (Hons.) and MBA degree from the Institute of Business Management and is currently pursuing her M.Phil in Business Management to be followed by a PhD in Finance. She also serves as a Board member and a member of the Audit committee of Civil Society Support Program (CSSP). She has been teaching Finance and Accounting courses since 13 years, with around 3-year professional experience as an Investment Analyst (covering the Cement, Tractors, FMCG and Automobile sectors) and has been quoted on various national and international magazines for such. She has also conducted various training’s Financial Management and Resource Mobilization to NGO professionals. Her research papers have been published in the Pakistan Business Review and presented in different national and international conferences. She is also the recipient of the Group Study Exchange Program Fellowship 2013 for New Jersey, USA, hosted by the Rotary Foundation, International.
|Phil in Business Management (enrolled)||IoBM|
|Senior Lecturer, Accounting and Finance & Coordinator BS Social Entrepreneurship and Social Leadership||CBM, IoBM (2012 – todate)|
|Senior Lecturer and Assistant Manager Internal Audit and Corporate Affairs||IoBM, (2001-2008)|
|Investment Analyst||AKD Securities (2009-2012)|
|Member of the Board of Directors and member of the Audit Committee of the Board||Civil Society Support Program (CSSP)|
- Developed and coordinating a new Bachelors- BS Social Entrepreneurship and Social Leadership. This program was initiated with the idea of providing youth of the country with education and training to understand the communities and people residing in Pakistan and find specific niche’ and opportunities where there is a real need to solve social issues of the country. The program aims to provide the students with entrepreneurial and leadership skills as well as psychological and philosophical knowledge of Pakistani people so that they can initiate their own startups to solve social of the country.
- Trained senior and middle management personnel of various NGOs residing in the country on Financial Management and Resource Mobilization areas. The trainings were conducted under USAID’s and The Asia Foundation’s NPO Management Program of the Citizens Voice Project.
- Trained youth (ages 17-28) in proposal development area for Empowerment through Creative Integration’s (ECI) 12-day training for Organization development and management. The training was conducted under Karachi Youth Initiative’s (KYI) Change maker Support Program- Lyari. The objective of the training was to prepare selected youth of the law and order stricken area of Lyari to initiate an organization that promotes peace and tranquility in the area.
- Prepared a trainers’ manual on Basic Accounting for youth ages 18-20 years under the Benazir Bhutto Youth Support Development Program (BBYSDP) of the Government of Sindh.
She has been teaching Finance and Accounting courses since past sixteen years and have written and presented research papers based on these courses. Her research papers have been published in the Pakistan Business Review and presented in different national and international conferences. Her research interests are as diverse as Financial Management, Capital Markets, Financial Markets, History and Development of Sindh, South Asia, Islam, Cultures, Sufism and Mind Sciences.
– Enlist the courses you teach
- Financial Management
- Portfolio Management
- Financial Modeling
- Financial Institutions
- Financial Accounting
– Enlist your research interest – specific ones
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Finance
- Behavioral Finance
- Socio-Economic structure/behaviors in Pakistan
- Presented a paper in International Journals of Arts and Sciences Academic Conference, held at the Harvard Campus in Boston, USA on May 26-30, 2015. The paper was titled, Determinants of Dividend Payout- a study on Banks listed on the Karachi Stock Exchange.
- Presented a paper in International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences (IISES) 9th Academic Conference, held in Istanbul, Turkey on April 13-16, 2014. The paper was titled, ‘Effectiveness of Signaling Theory in Pakistan- testing the relationship between current dividend and future profits.’
- Presented a research paper “Integrating Karachi into Sindh,” co-authored with Dr. Javed Akbar Ansari (Ex-Dean CBM), in the International Sindh Conference, organized by Institute of Business Management, September 2012.
- Referred in ‘Forbes Asia-Sep’11 online issue’ on Pakistan Tractor Industry-specially Millat Tractors Limited. Kindly refer to: http://www.forbes.com/sites/helencoster/2011/09/08/yes-virginia-there-really-is-some-good-news-in-pakistan/
- Quoted on Bloomberg news on the development in FMCG industry of Pakistan, http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2011-10-04/pakistan-terrorists-no-sales-bar-as-unilever-converges-with-nestle-retail?category=%2Fleaders%2F
- Authored a detailed report on Cement Industry of Pakistan- potential in smaller cement scrips, as an Investment Analyst at AKD Securities.
- Authored a detailed report on Tractor Industry of Pakistan, featuring potential in the tractor industry on the bases of risen agriculture incomes and post flood situation. The report presented the case of 1990s floods and the revival of agri-industry, thereafter.
- Authored a detailed report on FMCG Industry of Pakistan and potential in Unilever Limited, featuring in detail the effect of demographics-literacy rate, population growth, increasing per capita income, proportion of youth population, increasing urbanization and increasing workforce n FMCG sales and growth.
- Conducted a research and submitted a paper under the supervision of Dr Javed Ansari (Ex-Dean, College Of Business Management) in the Pakistan Industry Conference on “Financial condition of the Pharmaceutical industry of Pakistan.”
- Conducted a research on “Effect of Prudential Regulations for banks issued by the State Bank of Pakistan, on Long term Financing,” published in the Pakistan Business Review, April 2004 issue.
- Board member and a member of the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors of Civil Society Support Program, an NGO that works on social advocacy projects with special focus on youth empowerment. Board positions are honorary and voluntary.
- Volunteered as a mentor in The Citizens Foundation’s Rahbar program. The program aims to assist comparatively under privileged students of the country in creating a road map for their potential career path, as well help shaping their personalities by educating them in values and attitudes towards self and society. The students being mentored are usually of ages 13-14 years and study in Grade VIII. The mentor therefore provides assistance in selection of subjects in Grade IX according to their life goals. Mentors also motivate students to achieve excellence in life and tackling with any challenges that life presents to them.
- Represented Pakistan in Group Study Exchange program, sponsored by Rotary International to New Jersey, USA in April 2013. The program involved four weeks of stay with different American families to understand their culture and presenting Pakistani culture to them. It also required giving presentations on Pakistan in various Rotary clubs throughout New Jersey, USA. The objective of the program was to present a softer and peaceful image of Pakistan to general Americans and creating an everlasting personal bond with them.
Muhammad Asim Khan
M. Asim Khan received his MBA from Karachi University Business School, M.Com from University of Karachi and currently pursuing M.Phil leading to PhD program. He is currently serving as Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Finance department. He has served Siemens Pakistan, Shaheen Air International and Aga Khan Education Service Pakistan in in Commercial, corporate planning and education management capacities for more than fourteen years. He had also been associated with several prestigious institutions as a visiting faculty member for more than ten years. His areas of interest include management accounting practices and diversifying learning strategies.
|In process||M.Phil||Karachi University Business School|
|2008||MBA||Karachi University Business School|
Academic Experience/Teaching Experience
|2015- to-date||Senior Lecturer||CBM, IoBM|
|2013 – 2014||Visiting Faculty||CBM, KUBS, IQRA|
|2011 – 2012||Senior Lecturer||Bahria University|
|2009 – 2010||Visiting Faculty||KUBS, CAMS, DACB|
|2005 – 2008||Lecturer||IoBM|
|2001 – 2005||HOD, Commerce||Aga Khan Education Service, Pakistan|
|2000 – 2001||Asst. Manager Corporate Planning||Shaheen Air International|
|1997 – 2000||Commercial Executive, ECS department||Siemens Pakistan|
- Has spend a long time in several community development programs from the platform of international organizations i.e. establishing a school for the less privileged children, holding free medical camps, and distribution of ration on bi-monthly basis in the remote and suburban areas of Sind.
- A six days program of leadership for the youth at Pakistan Junior Chamber International.
Conducted several Programs / discussions / workshops
- A one day workshop “Class room management” at Lions Club International, District 305 S1.
- A workshop “How to be a good teacher” at Pakistan Junior Chamber International.
- A program “ Your erroneous zones” arranged at Aga Khan Education Service Pakistan
Teach Accounting and finance related courses i.e.
- Management Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Institutions
- Business finance
- Management accounting, Financial decision making, stock markets etc.
Research & Publications
- A research paper “Assessing the Role of Macroeconomic Variables on Stock Price Volatility – Case of Pakistan Stock Exchange has been Submitted for review in Pakistan Business review
|Chairman membership extension||Lions Club International|
|Chapter President||Pakistan Junior Chamber International|
Najeha A. Bela
Najeha A. Bela holds a BBA and MBA degree in finance from University of Karachi. She is serving the academics since past 5 years, teaching core and elective courses of accounting and finance. She is currently pursuing M-Phil in Business Management from IoBM and in the process of completion of thesis. Her goal is to become a PhD in Finance and contribute to the academia through research and dissemination of valuable information in finance and business management topics, such as stock returns, equity markets, financial management techniques, capital structures, dividend policy, corporate governance, and customer equity. Her research paper on ‘Customer Relationship Management in Mobile Industry of Pakistan’ was presented at the International Conference on Business Management and Information Systems – 2014 at Dubai, which is also in the process of publishing in Pakistan Business Review.
|MPhil (Business Management)||IoBM||Presently enrolled|
|MBA (Finance)||University of Karachi||2010|
|BBA (Finance)||University of Karachi||2008|
|Lecturer, Accounting & Finance||IoBM||till date|
|Junior Lecturer, Accounting & Finance||IoBM||2012 – 2015|
|Teaching Associate, Accounting & Finance||IoBM||2011 – 2012|
- Behavioral Finance, Financial Management, Management Accounting, Cost Accounting, Financial Accounting, and Introduction to Business Finance.
- Research interests in Stock returns, equity & bond markets, behavioral finance, corporate governance, capital structure, dividend policy, and other financial management techniques.
- Research paper on ‘Microeconomic Factors Affecting Stock Prices’ accepted for publication in Pakistan Business Review (PBR).
- Research paper on ‘Customer Relationship Management in the Mobile Industry of Pakistan’ accepted for publication in Pakistan Business Review (PBR).
- Presented research paper titled ‘Customer Relationship Management in the Mobile Industry of Pakistan’ in International Conference on Business Management & Information Systems 2013 in Dubai.
- Workshop on Reading, writing and conducting Case Study, in June 2014
- Participated in IoBM Faculty Professional Development Program ‘Inspirations – Teaching as a profession’ in May 2014
- Organized CFA workshop 2014 at IoBM
- Participated in SAP University Alliances Training Program 3-day workshop in June 2013, at IoBM
- Participated in Strategic Management / Strategic Corporate Governance and General Management Business Game “TOPSIM” 2-day seminar in October 2012, at IoBM
- Organized Finance Conference on Long-term Debt Financing at IoBM in May, 2012
- Hosted Finance Conference
Mr. Ali Sajid completed his MBA in Financial Management, specializing in IFRS and Value Management from Coburg University of Applied Sciences, Germany. He is currently working as a Lecturer at College of Business Management for Accounting and Finance Courses. In the past, he has been associated with Robert Bosch GmbH, Stuttgart, National Marine Dredging Company, UAE and Bahria University, Pakistan. He takes keen interest in integrating the course outlines with industrial practices. His research areas include Crowdfunding, IFRS and Value added Accounting.
|MBA in Financial Management||Coburg University of Applied Sciences, Germany||2016|
|MBA in Finance||Bahria University, Pakistan||2011|
|B. Com||University of Karachi||2006|
|Lecturer||CBM, IoBM||2017 – Present|
|Adjunct Lecturer||Bahria University||2016-2017|
|Busiess Unit Development Intern||Robert Bosch GmbH, Stuttgart, Germany||2014-2015|
|Project Finance Assistant||National Marine Dredging Company, Abu Dhabi, UAE||2011 – 2013|
Financial Accounting, Business Finance, Corporate Finance, Treasury and Fund Management
Crowdfunding, Blockchains, Fintech, Cryptocurrencies.
Dr. Mehvish Saleem
Dr. Mehvish Saleem has completed her PhD thesis in the field of ELT Methodology at the University of Graz, Austria and holds a Master’s degree in English Linguistics from the University of Karachi. She has been teaching since 2005. Her professional experience includes teaching varied English language and Communication courses in diverse higher education contexts. She was a committee member of the IATEFL ReSIG and worked as the Joint Events Coordinator. Her key academic and professional achievements include receiving a PhD fellowship from the HEC, Pakistan, working as an editor, ELT Graz Working Paper at the University of Graz, Austria, working as a support teacher trainer for EDLINKS-USAID and studying as a visiting postgraduate student at the University of Warwick, UK. Her research interests include psychology of language learning and teaching, Complex Systems Theory and teaching English in ‘difficult circumstances’.
|2017||Ph.D. ELT Methodology||University of Graz, Austria|
|2004||M.A. English Linguistics||University of Karachi|
|2003||B.A. (Honours) English Literature||University of Karachi|
|Sep 2011 – Present||Assistant Professor||Institute of Business Management|
|Jan – Jun 2011||Part-time Cooperative (Department of English)||University of Karachi|
|Jan – Jun 2011||Visiting Faculty||NU-FAST|
|Jun – Aug 2010||Adjunct Faculty Member (English)||Iqra University|
|Jan 2007 – May 2010||Visiting Lecturer of English||ICMAP|
|Jul 2005 – Jul 2008||Lecturer (English)||NU-FAST|
|Jan – Jun 2005||Visiting Lecturer of English||Federal Urdu University|
- Editor, ELT Graz Working Paper, University of Graz, Austria, 2014 – Present
- Joint Events Coordinator, IATEFL, RESIG 2015 – 2016
- SPELT- Support Resource Person , EDLINKS-USAID, 2010
- Trainer, Professional Development Program, ICMAP, 2009
- Psychology of language learning and teaching
- Positive psychology in ELT
- Complexity perspective
- Applied linguistics
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Teaching English in ‘Difficult Circumstances’
- Saleem, M. (Forthcoming). Language teacher psychology. A case study from a holistic perspective. In Mercer, S. & Kostoulas, A. (Eds.), Teacher psychology in SLA. Multilingual Matters.
- Mercer, S., Oberdorfer, P. & Saleem, M. (2016). Helping language teachers to thrive: Using positive psychology to promote teachers’ professional well-being. In Gabryś-Barker, D. & Gałajda, D. (Eds.),Positive Psychology Perspectives on Foreign Language Learning and Teaching, Second Language Learning and Teaching (pp. 213-229). Cham: Springer.
- Saleem, M., Tezak, K., Mercer, S. & Xerri, D. (2016). Creativity in ELT research.ELT Research, 31, 22-24.
- Saleem, M. (2013). Second language anxiety: exploring complexity. In: Schwarz, E. & Stachl-Peier, U. (Eds.) Das Spiel der Sprachen 3. Impulse zu einer Sprachdidaktik im tertiären Bildungsbereich und zur Translationsdidaktik. Working with Language 3. Ideas for language teaching at tertiary level and for translators. (pp. 62-78). Institüt für Theoretische und Angewandte Translationswissenschaft (ITAT), Graz: Austria.
- Ajjan, M., Saleem, M., Smith, R., & Huang, X. (2012). Thematic Bibliography on Large Class Teaching / Teaching in Difficult Circumstances (2002 onwards). Online: bit.ly/telcbiblio1
- Smith, R., Negash, N., Franҫa, V. B., Qiang, W., Phyak, P., Ajjan, M., Kuchah, H. K., Saleem, M., Sarwar, Z., Coleman, H. (2012). ‘Investigating large classes’. In Pattison, T. (ed.) IATEFL 2011 Brighton Conference Selections. Canterbury: IATEFL, pp. 172-175.
- Researching language teachers’ emotions, International Conference on “Matters of the Mind: Psychology and Language Learning” held on 29 – 31 May 2014 in Graz, Austria.
- Teacher emotions and cognitions: A complex dynamic systems perspective, “Current issues and methods in empirical education research” Conference held on 8 – 9 November 2013 in Graz, Austria.
- ESL speaking anxiety in large classrooms: Exploring complexity and dynamism, “Austrian Association for Language Teaching” (ÖGSD) held on 24 – 25 May 2013.
- Panel discussion: ‘Investigating large classes’, 45th Annual International IATEFL Conference & Exhibition held on 15th – 19th April 2011, Brighton, UK.
- Motivation orientation and achievement in L2 reading: A study of tertiary level non-English majors in Pakistan, 26th SPELT International Conference held in Karachi.
Aliya Sikandar holds a Master’s degree in TESOL from the Institute of Education, University of London, UK, and a Master’s degree in English Literature from the University of Karachi. Currently, she is a PhD scholar, and her area of specialization is Academic literacies, and Critical Discourse analysis. She also has an RSA certificate in Teaching of English (COTE) from University of Cambridge. She has worked for the Aga Khan University for almost 24 years before joining the Institute full time in September, 2013. Currently, Ms Sikandar is engaged in teaching Business Communication courses. Her areas of interest are Business Writing and Speech, Critical Discourse Analysis, Scholarly Writing and Spoken Discourse.
Ms Sikandar has had an extensive and 30 years of varied experience of teaching, research, and administration. She has delivered variously and intensively by offering quality programmers, courses and workshops for her students and clients from business and education sector. As an administrator she has contributed substantially in her career in various positions, from a coordinator to the Head of her department, at the Aga Khan University. She been a part of problem based learning workshops, communication skills courses, and task based learning. She guided her students to resources effectively. Her main focus has always been to inspire her learners towards research and publications. Some of the examples are her nursing and MEd. students of AKU & IED.
Ms Sikandar contributes effectively in the enhancement of knowledge and skills of IoBM’s Business and Media Studies learners through use of the most effective and latest strategies. Her academic and professional career is evident of intellectual contribution to teaching, research, and scholarship, in the form of intensive and extensive nation-wide research studies, classroom research, and qualitative exploratory research that are directly related to her academic and professional pursuits. In recognition of her research and professional pursuits she has been awarded with various distinction awards. The impact of these scholarly endeavors is evident in her teaching, writing and research, and is aligned with IoBM’s mission to enhance research and scholarship.
- 2015 Enrolled in PhD (Education) Program, IoBM.
- 2006 MA (TESOL), Institute of Education, University of London U.K.
- 1991 Certificate of Teaching English, Royal Society of Art Cambridge University, U.K.
- 1986 MA (English Literature), University of Karachi, Pakistan.
- 1985 B.A. (Honors) in English, Philosophy and Psychology, University of Karachi.
- Assistant Professor: Communication Department, Institute of Business Management (September 2013-to date)
- Interim Director: Center of English Language, Institute for Educational Development
- Apr 2012-Aug 2013: Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
- Directing and managing the teaching and research activities of the English Language Center, consisting of 15 faculty members
- Assistant Professor: Center of English Language, Institute for Educational Development
- Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan (1990-2013)
- Teaching English as a Second Language; Teaching English for Academic/Specific Purposes)
- Vice Principal: Leader’s High School, Karachi, Pakistan (1988-1990)
- Principal: Ladybird Grammar High School, Karachi, Pakistan (1986-1988)
- Research and Scholarly writing at graduate and post graduate levels
- Academic Writing
- Business English courses for the corporate clients and business students
- Oral communication, including academic and professional presentations
- Professional development courses for staff in various professions and with varied needs
- Teaching TEFL and Applied Linguistics at Master in Education Programme
Areas of Teaching/Research Interest
- New Academic literacy
- Critical Discourse analysis
- Teaching argumentation
- Academic discourse
- Business English
- Socio linguistics
- Academic and professional speaking and writing skills.
- English literature
- AKUCEL Faculty Development Award (2004)
- British Council South Asian ELTeCS Innovation Award as an editor of the AKU-OUP Publication, 2003
- AKUCEL Outstanding Teacher Award ( 2002)
- Prestigious Award of Researcher of Aga Khan University Research Council funded project of a nation-wide research, 2002
- 22 year Successful Service at AKU Award, 2012
- Sikandar, A. (2017). Planning of language policy in Pakistan: Issues and challenges. Pakistan Business Review, 19 (1).
- Sikandar, A. (2017). Language ideologies in a multilingual corporate setting. Kashmere Journal of Language Research. 19(4).
- Sikandar, A. (2016). Language ideologies in a multilingual corporate setting. Forthcoming in Kashmir Journal of Linguistics and Language Research.
- Sikandar, A. (2016). Planning of language policy in Pakistan: Issues and challenges. Forthcoming in Pakistan Business Review.
- Sikandar, A. (2015) John Dewey and his philosophy of education. Journal of Education and Educational Development, 1, (2) 2015.
- Sikandar, A. & Hussain, N. (2014) . Language Ideologies in a Business Institute: A Case Study of Linguistic and Socio-Cultural Realities. Journal of Education & Educational Research. Vol. 1 No. 2 .116-133.
- Sikandar, A. (2013)Better English Better Status: A perception in Pakistan. In AKU publication of CEL Conference papers.
- Sikandar, A. (2004) Business English: Role and Implications in Pakistan. In Language Policy and Planning: A South Asian Perspective. (2004) AKUOUP Publication of Seminar 2001 Papers.
- Sikandar, Aliya (2004) Teaching methodologies: which on is the best? S.PELT Quarterly
- Sikandar, Aliya (2001) Language teaching through Pictures, SPELT Journal, 16, 16-19.
- Sikandar, Aliya (1999) Are they Afraid of Speaking, SPELT Quarterly, 16, 25-28.
Published a number of articles on Language and ELT related issues in the leading newspaper, THE NEWS of Pakistan, from 1994-1996. Some of these are:
- Language policy : a huge responsibility
- Is there a need to learn English?
- Learners of English Language: how to determine their needs?
- Better English Better Business: A utilitarian aspect of the language
- Dynamics of classroom management
- Who’s afraid of reading?
Book Review: Sabiha Mansoor’s Book: “Language planning in higher education: A case study of Pakistan”, in the first issue of Multilingual Matters (Malaysian Journal), June 2006.
Journal Review: ELF Annual Research Journal, Shah Abdul Latif University, 2005, 2006 & 2007.
- Edited first 2 issues of Educational Journal of IoBM
- Language Policy, Planning and Practice: A South-Asian Perspective. AKUOUP Publication 2004
- Emerging Issues in TEFL: Issues and Challenges, 2007. AKUOUP Publication
- Conducted qualitative research on: Language Ideologies Prevalent in a Business Institute: A Case Study of Linguistic and Socio-cultural Realities 2013-2014
- Conducted quantitative research on: Critical thinking skills among students of IoBM’.2014
- Research underway on: Critical Discourse Analysis of Research Theses
- Completed a funded Nation-wide research project on: English and Employment
- Completed research study on: Attitude towards languages: A case of language ideological norm
- Completed Action research on: Factors affecting oral communication
- Conducted 3 days workshops on Critical thinking skills for the faculty of Education and Communication, IoBM
- Presented at the IoBM Conference on Experiential Learning, 2016
- Presented regularly at SPELT Conferences
- Chaired 6 sessions at IoBM Conference
- Presented at AKU-IED’s Educational Conference
- Presented Papers at AKU CEL Biennial Conferences from 2001 to 2012. Some of these are:
- The Role of English in the Educational System of Pakistan
- Language ideologies at play in Pakistan’s multilingual society
- Paper presented at Al-Ain, TESOL Conference, Arabia in 1995 on ‘ESP In Pakistan: An Overview’
- Papers presented at SPELT Annual Seminar from 1990 to date, some of these include:
- Responsibilities of a teacher in teaching oral communication
- Innovations in Teaching Academic Writing
- Attitude towards Languages
- Making Speaking Activities a Real Fun in the Classroom
- Presentation Skills for Teachers’.
- Difficulties in Designing Research Questionnaires
- Reading Skills for College Students
- Language Policy In Pakistan
- Testing Spoken English
- Don’t teach them what you teach, EGP vs. ESP
- Presented Paper at AKU CEL Seminar 2011 as a featured speaker on: ‘English in Multilingual settings
- Paper presented at Al-Ain, TESOL Conference, Arabia in 1995 on ‘ESP In Pakistan: An Overview’
Major Scholarly Engagements
Conducted Teacher Education courses for English Language Practitioners
Designing and teaching Thesis writing courses for the following programmers:
- MSc Nursing
- MSc Epidemiology
- Master in Education Programme
Thesis supervision of:
- MSc Nursing students
- Internal examiner of MEd. student
- 2014-15 Developed and taught English II course
- Revised Communication Course Descriptions and Outlines
Developed and refined the following Programs/Curricula:
- Enrichment courses for entrance into various academic programmes (under graduate and post graduate)
- Advanced Diploma Programs in TEFL in Higher Education
- Short Courses, Workshops and Consultancy Programme
- Ed TESOL Course
- School of Nursing Courses for Higher Academic development
- Employees’ English Language Development Programmes
- Medical College English Elective (Literature & Communication) courses
- English academic courses for Masters in Health Sciences, Epidemiology and Academic Literacy
- Interim Head, Centre of English Language, Aga Khan University
- Coordinator, Employee Program
- Chair, Research and Publications Committee
- Chair, Abstracts Review Committee
- Chair, Curriculum Committee
- Chair, Evaluations Committee
- Chair, Professional Relations Committee
Fareeda Ibad holds an MPhil Degree in Education from the Institute of Business Management, Karachi and a Master’s degree from the University of the Punjab, Lahore in English. Her professional experience of 42 years includes teaching English and Communication to adult learners in diversified contexts. She has worked at the Pakistan American Cultural Center in the capacity of language teacher, Officer-in-charge, teacher trainer and curriculum coordinator. She has also worked at the British Council in the capacity of IELTS examiner and trainer, and ICFE examiner. Her communication teaching experience of 26 years includes teaching at both BBA and MBA levels. Her additional training experience is in the field of testing in ELT and professional and academic writing. She is on the Editorial Review Board of International Journal of Education and Culture (IJEC), Untested Ideas Research Center, Niagara, N.Y, USA and also Journal of Education and Educational Development, Institute of Business Management (IoBM). Her research interests lie in the areas of Communication and Education. She has worked in the areas of soft skills development, teacher training in pedagogy, and as an ELT trainer.
- 1974 MA (English) University of the Punjab, Lahore
- 2014 MPhil (Education) Institute of Business Management, Karachi
- 2015 PhD scholar, (Education) Institute of Business Management, Karachi
- 9/1998 – present, Institute of Business Management, Associate Professor, Senior Fellow
- 8/1991 – 8/2007, Greenwich University, Assistant Professor
- 5/1996 – 8/1998, Iqra University, Lecturer
- 1/2004 – 6/2007, The British Council, IELTS Examiner
- 8/1996 – 8/2005, The City School, Teacher A Level, General Paper
- 1/2004 – 8/2001, Pakistan American Cultural Center, English Teacher/ Coordinator
- IELTS & ICFE Examiner, British Council, 2004 -2007
- IELTS Trainer, British Council & IoBM, 2004 – present
- Soft Skills for USAID – Train the Trainer, 2011
- Report Writing Skills, Engineering Associates, 2010
- Teacher Trainer at the City School, 1998 – 2007
- Teacher Trainer at the Pakistan American Cultural Center, 1980 – 2007
- Communication Skills, Dewan Group, 1995
Resource person for TalkWorld/Career Pakistan sponsored guest speaker series, 2017
PROFESSIONAL INSTITUTION MEMBERSHIP
- Member: International Communication Association (ICA)
- Member: Society of Pakistan English Language Teachers (SPELT)
- Member: Exploring Leadership and Learning Theories in Asia (ELLTA)
- Clubs not Classrooms, December 15, 2016, IoBM
- Learning and Teaching EAP Writing, December 17 & 24, 2016, SPELT.
- English Language Training Program: Learn to Publish Workshop, Exploring Leadership and Learning Theories in Asia (ELLTA), December 2, 2016.
- Experiential Learning in Business Education (February, 2013 – IoBM)
- Research Methodology (April, 2013 – IoBM)
- Statistical Methods: Theory and Practices (July, 2012 – IoBM) Learning and Teaching
- Leading a Team (April, 2011 – IoBM)
- ELT in a Changing World: Innovative Approaches to New Challenges (January, 2011 – AKU IED, CEL)
- Microsoft Office 2007 (January, 2010 – IoBM)
- Research Methodology (December, 2010 – IoBM)
- Teaching and Learning Written English (October, 1998 – SPELT)
- 13th International ELT Conference (November, 1997 – SPELT)
- O-Level English Language Teacher Training (October, 1997 – Cambridge University)
- English as a Second Language Teaching (June, 1997 – Pakistan American Cultural Center)
- Effective Teaching Skills (October, 1996 – The City School)
- Dynamics of Human Learning (October, 1996 – The City School)
- Library as a Teaching Tool (October, 1996 – The City School)
- Individual Learning Styles (October, 1996 – The City School)
- 12th International Conference (October, 1996 – SPELT)
- 11th International ELT Conference (October, 1995 – SPELT)
- Advanced Writing Skills (June, 1995 – SPELT)
- Introduction to Linguistics (September, 1990 – Pakistan American Cultural Center)
- Developing Critical Skills in Reading (May, 1990 – Pakistan American Cultural Center)
- Teaching Advanced Writers to Edit their Writing (May, 1990 – Pakistan American Cultural Center)
- Acquisition of Grammar through Communicative Activities (May, 1990 – Pakistan American Cultural Center)
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language Workshop (May, 1984 – Pakistan American Cultural Center)
- Techniques for Teaching Vocabulary (April, 1990 – Pakistan American Cultural Center)
- Effective Use of Integrated Skills for Communicative Teaching (April, 1987 – Pakistan American Cultural Center)
- New 900 In-service Workshop (April, 1997 – Pakistan American Cultural Center)
- Intensive Seminar / Workshop on EFL (April, 1986 – Pakistan American Cultural Center)
- Intensive ELP Workshop (April, 1985 – Pakistan American Cultural Center)
- In-service Teaching Workshop (April, 1982 – Pakistan American Cultural Center)
- Inservice Teaching Workshop (February, 1981 – Pakistan American Cultural Center)
- Pilot Project: Welcome to English (August, 1980 – Pakistan American Cultural Center)
- Pilot Project: New Horizons in English (August, 1980 – Pakistan American Cultural Center)
- Ibad, F., & Sharjeel, M. Y. (2017). Teacher effectiveness as perceived by students in higher education. Journal of Education & Humanities Research,3(1), 110 – 132.
- Ibad, F. (2017). Analysis of Pakistan’s higher education policy in terms of education. Pakistan Business Review, 19(1).
- Ibad, F. (2016). Student perceptions about the professional competence of university faculty members: Evidence from Pakistan. Journal of Education and Social Sciences, 4(2).
- Ibad, F. (2016). Ghazali’s educational perspective: Myths and realities. Pakistan Business Review, 18(2).
- Ibad, F. (2016). Teacher professional education and development: A case study. International Journal of Experiential Learning and Case Studies, 1(1).
- Ibad, F. (2014).Differences between university prospectuses claimed facilities and real physical facilities. Pakistan Business Review, 16(2).
- Ibad, F. (2013).Role of communication in team effectiveness: A case study. Indian Streams Research Journal, 3(3). ISSN: 2230-7850
- Ibad, F. (2010). Promoting intercultural communication: An empirical study. Pakistan Business Review, 12(3).
- Ibad, F. (2009). Promoting intercultural communication, Pakistan Business Review, 2(2).
- Ibad, F. (1997).Testing in English Language Teaching, SPELT Newsletter, 12.
- Teacher Effectiveness as Perceived by Students in Higher Education, 4th International Conference on Research in Education. University of the Punjab, November 23 – 25, 2016.
- Quality Improvement of ESP in Mechanical Engineering Program in Pakistan, 2nd International Conference of the Linguistic Association of Pakistan, Institute of Languages, University of the Punjab, October 18 – 20, 2016. (2nd Author)
- Teacher Effectiveness as Perceived by Students in Higher Education, 4th International Conference on Research in Education, 4th Kuala Lumpur International Communication Education Language & Social Science Conference, July 23 – 24, 2016.
- Educational Development in a Changing World: Mysteries and Myths of the 21st Century, Karachi, Pakistan. Paper titled ‘Differences between University Prospectus Claimed Facilities and Real Physical Facilities.’ November, 2013
- International Symposium on Languages and Communication, in Izmir, Turkey. Paper titled ‘Promoting Intercultural Communication: An Empirical Study, June 2012
- Experiential Learning Projects
- Student’s name
- Project title
- Department Seminars/Workshops
- Pedagogical Content Knowledge
- Professional Links Committee
- Member: Research & Publication
- Member: Business Communication and PAW courses
- Speakers Club – Lead
- Administrator, Speakers’ Club Institute of Business Management on Facebook, @Speakersclubiobm
- Head of Department, Communication and Languages, IoBM (2008-2012 & 2014-2016)
- Member, Board of Studies, Communication Department, IoBM (2008-2012 & 2014-2016)
- Member, Board of Advanced Studies and Research, IoBM “
- Member, Academic Council, IoBM “
- Member, Management Committee, IoBM “
- Member, Convocation Planning Committee, IoBM (2009-present)
- Member, 20 Years Celebration Committee, IoBM (2015-2016)
- Member, Discipline Committee, IoBM (2008-2012 & 2014-2016)
- Literary Editor, 20-20 IoBM Student Magazine, 2016 to present
- Member, SPELT (1980- 2005 & 2016 to present)
- Member, Editorial Review Board, International Journal of Education & Culture, Untested Ideas Research Center, Niagara, New York, USA
- Focal Person on Gender Issues, Employers Federation of Pakistan(2009)
- Literary Editor, Pakistan Business Review, January 2011 – July 2013
- Edited Journal of Education and Educational Development, 2014.
- Prepared entry tests, 2007-2014.
- Conduct admission interviews
- Invigilate entry tests, 2007 to date
- Certificate of Appreciation for 25 years of dedicated service rendered with professionalism and commitment on the 40thanniversary of the Pakistan American Cultural Center, September, 2009.
- Certificate of Appreciation for 15 years of meritorious service on the 30th anniversary of the Pakistan American Cultural Center, November, 1989.
Dr. Adrian A Husain
Dr. Adrian A Husain is currently Senior Fellow in the Dept. of Communication at IoBM. He was educated in England and Switzerland. He did his BA (Hons.) at New College, Oxford. He later received a PhD for a thesis on Shakespeare and Machiavelli from the University of East Anglia and authored the critically acclaimed Politics and Genre in Hamlet (OUP, 2004 with a Foreword by the distinguished Oxford academic, the late John Bayley).His areas of special interest are the Renaissance and early twentieth century fiction and poetry. He also has several published academic articles to his credit. He is a winner of the prestigious Guinness Poetry Prize A selection of his verse was published under the title Desert Album as part of OUP’s Jubilee Poetry in English series (1997) He recently launched his collection of sonnets, Italian Window (Alhambra, 2017) in Karachi. He has conducted literary workshops at the KLF besides taking part in a panel discussion on Virginia Woolf at the LLF in 2016. He is a prolific writer. Much of his work – a substantial body of verse, a novel and a book on Shakespeare’s Richard II – is still to be published.
|PhD||The University of East Anglia|
|BA (Hons.)||New College, Oxford|
- Politics and Genre in Hamlet (OUP, 2004 with a Foreword by the distinguished Oxford academic, the late John Bayley)
- Desert Album (OUP’s Jubilee Poetry in English series, 1997)
- Italian Window (Alhambra, 2017)
CONFERENCES (PRESENTATIONS, TALKS, COLLOQUIUM etc.)
- Conducted literary workshops at the KLF
- Took part in a panel discussion on Virginia Woolf at the LLF in 2016.
- winner of the prestigious Guinness Poetry Prize
Muhammad Asif Khan
Muhammad Asif Khan holds an M.A in English Literature and an MA in English Linguistics from the University of Karachi. He has also done his MBA in HRM from IoBM. In addition, he holds an M Phil degree in Education from Iqra University. Currently, he is pursuing his PhD from the Institute of Business Management. He has rich experience of teaching English and communication related subjects to various categories of students ranging from Intermediate and A-levels to BBA and MBA. His areas of interest include Interpersonal Skills, Business Communication and Training and Development. He is a recipient of the Group Study Exchange Program Fellowship 2010 for Nebraska, USA, hosted by the Rotary Foundation, International. His research interests include literature, communication and education related areas of human resource management. He is the Literary Editor of the Pakistan Business Review an HEC approved, Y category research journal published by the Institute of Business Management.
|2013||PhD in Education Management from IoBM (In Progress)|
|2012||MPhil in Education Management from Iqra University, Karachi|
MBA in HRM from College of Business Management, IoBM, Karachi
Majors : Training & Development, Public Relations Performance Appraisal, Salary & Compensation
|1999||Masters in English Linguistics from University of Karachi|
|1997||Masters in English Literature from University of Karachi|
- Assistant Professor Communication Skills, Communication Department, Institute of Business Management. 2011 to date
- Lecturer in English, Aga Khan Education Service, Pakistan, 2000 – 2001
- Vice Principal & Lecturer in English, Army Public College, Malir Cantt., Karachi, 1998 – 2000
EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING PROJECT
Student: Muhammad Asif Khan (Key Learner)
Project title: SFL (Introduction to Systemic Functional Linguistics)
PILOT PROJECT, Feb 2017-to Octo
Supervisor: Dr. Carmel Cloran, Professor Zakia Sarwar
Status: SPONSORED BY ASFLA, AUSTRALIA AND SPELT, PAKISTAN
- Communication and Language
- English Literature
- Human Resource Management practices related to Education
CONFERENCES (presentations, talks, colloquium, etc.)
- 32ndSPELT Conference, Expanding ELT Horizons, Habib University, Gulistan-e-Jauhar, Karachi. 2016.
- 1st International Conference on Social Science and Humanities, Istanbul, Turkey, 8-10 September 2014.
- Session Chair at the 1st International Conference on Education, Social Sciences and Humanities, Turkey, Istanbul, September 2014.
- Literary Editor, Pakistan Business Review
- Khan, M.A. & Hussain, N. (2016). Perception of organizational politics among university faculty. Pakistan Business Review,18(2): 451-467.
- Khan, M.A. (2013). Self interested articulation of feminist values: A Randain analysis of two classical anti heroines in the 19th Century British Empire. Pakistan Business Review,15(2): 301-318.
- Khan, M.A. (2012). A comparative study of Hester Prynne vis-à-vis Anna Karenina illustrating Puritanical moral decline. Pakistan Business Review,13(4): 706-727.
- Khan, M.A. (2009). Shakespeare’s Shylock: A forerunner to the inherent repressiveness of Capitalism. Pakistan Business Review,11( 2) 276-291.
- One day training on Business Communication, IBA Sukkar, August 2015.
- 12 week training on Communication Skills for background check.
- Two day training on Learning and Teaching EAP Writing, SPELT, 17 & 24 December 2016.
- One day training on Clubs instead of Classrooms at IoBM, 15 December 2016.
- 5 day training workshop Train the Trainer organized by School of Leadership at the IoBM, 2003.
Workshops on Communication Skills for the Educator Network
- A two day training on Learning and Teaching EAP Writing at SPELT, December 17 & 24 2016.
- A one day training on Clubs instead of Classrooms at IoBM, December 15, 2016.
- A 5 day training workshop Train the trainerorganized by School of leadership at the IoBM.
- A one day workshop on Research Methodology organized by Management Excellence Center April 7, 2012
- A one day workshop on Experiential Learning in Business Education at IoBM on February 6, 2013
A two day training on Innovative Teaching Techniques at IoBM, April 22 & 23, 2013
- Part of the Group Study Exchange Program (GSE) of the Rotary International, that visited the State of Nebraska, USA during the month of August 2011
Member SPELT 2017
Professional links committee : Lead Member
Speakers club : Lead Member
Writers club : Lead Member
Muhammad Irfan Sheikh
Sheikh Muhammad Irfan, Assistant Professor Communication Skills is a PhD Scholar at IoBM. He earned his M.Phil degree from Iqra University and his M.A in English Literature and Linguistics degree from the National University of Modern Languages. He has been teaching for almost 20 years at different universities and educational institutes including the University of Karachi, Allama Iqbal Open University and PAF-KIET. He has been associated with IoBM since 2009. He is heading the Literary and Public Speaking Society (LPSS) of IoBM as a Faculty Adviser since 2012. As a researcher, his areas of interest include education, language and business communication. He had been conducting teacher training workshops at Allama Iqbal Open University, Karachi. He has attended different international conferences, workshops and seminars as a member of Society of Pakistan English Language Teachers (SPELT) and Pakistan Association for Research in Education (PARE), Karachi.
- PhD Education, Institute of Business Management
- Phil, Iqra University
- MA English Literature and Linguistics, National University of Modern
- Languages (NUML)
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Karachi.
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) , Hamdard University
- Assistant Professor, IoBM (Institute of Business Management), Karachi, 2016 to date
- Senior Lecturer, IoBM, 2009 – 2016
- Lecturer, PAF–KIET (PAF-Karachi Institute of Economics & Technology), 2006 – 2009
- Visiting Faculty, University of Karachi, 2006 – 2009
- Communication and Language
- Website “Webell” for ELT and research (http://www.webell.my-php.net/)
- Irfan, S. M., Hussain, N. (2014). Parental pressure on students’ attainment of high grades. Pakistan Business Review. 16(1), 156 – 176.
- Irfan, S. (2007). Identity and violence: The illusion of density’. Amartya Sen, Book Review, Market Forces, 3(3).
- Challenges Faced by an NGO in Retaining Public School Students at Primary Level at the 2nd Education Conference, IoBM.
WORKSHOPS, SEMINARS and TRAININGS
- Organization of 2nd National Education Conference, IoBM
- Conducted teachers training workshops, Allama Iqbal Open University, (AIOU), Karachi on the following topics:
- Modes of Education
- Distance Learning
- Curriculum Development
- Certificate course in‘Training to Teach English for Specific Purposes’, Aga Khan University
- PARE ( Pakistan Association for Research in Education )
- SPELT ( Society of Pakistan English Language Teachers)
Shumaila Omar is a CELTA and IELTS qualified teacher and a trainer, holds a double masters in English Literature and Linguistics from Karachi University and M-Phil ( Linguistics) from Hamdard University. She has a diverse and rich teaching experience in Academic and Foundation English and Business Communication. In addition to teaching, she has held workshops in ELT across UAE Universities and has worked part-time at the Collegiate American School, Dubai. She is a member of TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) Arabia, TESOL International, AILA (International Association of Applied Linguistics), IATEFL (International Association of English as a Foreign Language) and SPELT (Society for Pakistan English Language Teachers). Her research interests are in EAP, ESP, Motivational strategies in the classroom and training teachers for the autonomy of learners.
|2016 – present||PhD scholar, (English Linguistics)||Hamdard University|
|2016.||MPhil, (English Linguistics)||Hamdard University|
|2007||MA, (English Linguistics)|
|2005||MA, (English, Literature|
|2002.||BA (Humanities)||Karachi University|
|September 2015 to date||Senior Lecturer||Institute of Business Management ( IoBM)|
|2012- 2014||Freelance Trainer||UAE|
|August 2011 to June 2012||Lecturer||Institute of Business & Technology (IBT)|
|January 2012 to-June 2012||Adjunct Faculty||Department of Public Administration, University of Karachi|
|January 2009 to December 2011||Adjunct Faculty||NED University of Engineering & Technology|
- Senior Abstract Reviewer, IAFOR proceedings Journal, UK, 2016.
- Abstract and program Editor- SPELT Conference Journal, 2016.
- Project: An action research study on refining verbal instructions for classroom teaching in a Business school in Pakistan
Supervisor: Dr. Fatima ( AKU-IED)
Status: PhD- Oxford University
Platform: IoBM, AKU- IED
- Shumaila Omar (Group Learner)
Project title: SFL (Introduction to Systemic Functional Linguistics)
PILOT PROJECT, February 2017to October 2017
Supervisor: Dr. Carmel Cloran , Professor Zakia Sarwar
Status: SPONSORED BY ASFLA, AUSTRALIA AND SPELT, PAKISTAN
- Learners’ Autonomy
- Motivational strategies in the classroom
- Language assessment
- Gauging the Effectiveness of Diagramming and Scratching an Outline for Small Size Classrooms of English as L3 Users. IAFOR, International Conference, Brighton, UK July-2016.
- Exploring Strategies to Foster Learning in Business Schools: Evidence from Pakistan. International Conference on Experiential Learning, IoBM, Karachi, April-2016.
- English for Academic and Occupational Purposes, ELT seminar, HEC – ELTR Project, NED University, 2008.
- ELT in a Changing World- Innovative Approaches to New Challenges, IED Center of English Language, 2011.
- 24th International ELT Conference, SPELT, 2008.
- 23rd International ELT Conference, SPELT, 2007.
- 27th International ELT Conference, SPELT, 2011.
- Learner Motivation, Involvement and Autonomy, Qatar TESOL Conference, 2012.
- 32nd International Conference, SPELT, 2016.
- International Conference on Experiential Learning, IoBM, 2016.
- Interdisciplinary Social Sciences International Conference, HEC, Karachi University, Sept 2007.
- Emerging Global Scenario, International Conference, Karachi University, 2006.
- Qualitative Research in Developing Countries: Opportunities and Challenges, Karachi University, 2006.
- Omar,S. (2015). Strategies that help motivate university students. Pakistan Business Review, 17(2), 444 – 449.
- Omar,S.(2016).Gauging the effectiveness of diagramming and scratching an outline for small size classrooms of English as L3 users. IAFOR , ECLL Journal Read
- Omar, S. (2016). Lesson planning: Teaching listening skills. SPELT Quarterly Journal, 4.
- Omar, S., & Hassan, A. (2017). Leadership traits in the door of opportunity and teachers’ perceptions of a leader. New Horizons, 10(2)
- Omar,S. (2018). Exploring strategies to foster learning in business schools: Evidence from Pakistan. Pakistan Business Review,19(4).
- Teaching Receptive Skills to ESL Learners through Intensive Reading Strategies. SPELT, April 30, Karachi, 2016.
Business and Oral Communication Skills, EOBI (Employees Old Age Benefits Institute), Karachi , 2011.
- Learning and Teaching EAP Writing, SPELT, 2017.
- Test Construction: Design Good Test Items for Better Teaching and Learning, February 2016.
- Teaching and Researching in Large Classes, SPELT, December 2008.
- Effective Communication in the Business World, LUMS( Lahore University of Management Sciences) October 2011.
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment, TAKE, IOE (Institute of Education) University of London, March 2011.
- English and Empowerment in the Developing World, CELL (Centre of English Language) Karachi, June 2007.
- Webinar: Collaborative mentoring between SPELTers and TESOLers. SPELT Conference, Habib University, Oct 29-30 2016.
- Communication Management. PICQ Institute of Quality, June 22-23, 2016.
- Teaching Receptive Skills to EFL/ESL learners through Intensive Reading Strategies. 10th International Conference of AKU – IED, November 19-21, 2015.
- Introducing Fables: A Foundation for Learning Writing. TESOL Arabia, Dubai, March 13-14, 2015.
- Teacher Training and Development SIG Read-Transform your Teaching: One Step at a Time. Workshop: Intensive Reading, Middlesex University, Dubai, May 3, 2014.
- Methods and Means in ELT. Workshop: Testing Vocabulary. TESOL Arabia Conference, Dubai, March 13-15, 2014.
- Supporting Learner Independence. Workshop: Intensive Listening: A Source for Independent Learning. Emirates Aviation College, Dubai, February 22, 2014.
- Authentic Communicative Opportunities to Help Young Learners. AUS workshop, American University, Sharjah, February 8, 2014.
- Promoting Independent Learning in the Classroom and Beyond for Lifelong Learning. Workshop: Promoting Autonomy: After (and outside) the course. Abu Dhabi Petroleum Institute, December 14, 2013.
- Sustained Silent Reading. Ways to Improve your Student’s Reading Skills. Workshop: Teaching and Encouraging Reading to EFL/ESL Learners. Al Ain UAE University, November 16, 2013.
- Ahmar Mehmoob, How to publish your research in the impact factor journal, Sidney University, 2015.
- Naeemuddin, CEO, Screening for Interviews, Crescent Insurance, Karachi, 2016.
- Using TED TALKS to Enhance ESL Learning, Joyce Raglow M.A ESL, Abu Dhabi, 2016.
- Communication Management, PICQ, Karachi, June 2016.
- Teaching through Story Telling, ILM Ka Safaar, NGO, Pakistan Federation of Business and Professional Women Organization, July, 2015.
- TESOL Arabia– Dubai Chapter –From March 14, 2012 to date
- QATAR TESOL – April 4, 2012 to date
- IATEFL- March 4, 2016 to date
- SPELT- 2008 to date
- AILA (International Association of Applied Linguistics) Research Forum, Dubai, 2016
- TESOL International, 2016
Writer’s Club- IoBM
Farhan Uddin Raja
Farhan Uddin Raja has done M.Phil in English Linguistics from the University of Karachi. He holds a Master’s degree in English Linguistics from the University of Karachi as well. His interests include teaching, training and research. He has contributed research articles to HEC recognized journals. He has been associated with both public and private sector universities of high repute for more than 5 years. He is also a professional trainer and has trained numerous executives from different sectors.
Award of degree awaited
|2017||M.Phil English (Applied Linguistics)||University of Karachi|
|2009||M.A English (Applied Linguistics)||University of Karachi|
|2005||B.Com||University of Karachi|
|Sep 2015 – Present||Senior Lecturer||Institute of Business Management (IoBM)|
|Aug 2010 – Aug 2015||PAF-Karachi Institute of Economics & Technology|
|Jan 2010 – June 2015||University of Karachi|
|March 2013 – Aug 2015||Institute of Business Administration|
- Raja, F.U. (2017). Anxiety level in students of public speaking: causes and remedies. Journal of education and educational development, 4 (1).
- Raja, F.U. (2017). Critical discourse analysis of freedom flotilla carrying aid to Gaza. Pakistan Business Review,19 (1).
- Raja, F.U. (2012). Adapting prescribed tertiary level ELT textbooks in Pakistani classrooms. Journal of Social Sciences & Humanities, 51(1), 249-260.
- Raja, F.U. (2013). Spoken communication skills taught at English language institutes as a second language. Journal of Research (Humanities), XLIX, 153-163. http://pu.edu.pk/images/journal/english/PDF/Article%207%20Farhan%20Uddin%20Raja_XLIX%20JANUARY%202013.pdf
- Raja, F.U. (2014). Bilingual education system at primary schools in Pakistan. Journal of Research (Humanities), L, 77-89. http://pu.edu.pk/images/journal/english/PDF/Article%206%20Farhan%20Uddin%20Raja_V_LJan_2014.pdf
CONFERENCES (Presentations, Talks, Colloquium, etc.)
- Raja, F.U. (2010). Exploiting prescribed English language textbooks (ELT) in Pakistani classrooms to enhance students’ reading comprehension skills. International Conference of ELT World, SPELT, Karachi.
|August 2015 – Present||
Trainings for Skills Development Program
Interactive English (Skills Development Program)
Advance Interactive English (Skills Development Program)
Basics of Business Correspondence (Skills Development Program)
Successful Business Communication (Skills Development Program)
|March 14 – April 25, 2016||
IBA SDP &Sindh Workers Welfare Board (Education Services), Govt. of Sindh
Customized Training program CEE, City Campus
|June 22 – July 27, 2015||
IBA SDP & PPL Asia
Customized Training program for Iraqis At Movenpick Hotel Karachi
|Jan 02, 2014||
Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC)
Guest Lectures on Reading, Writing & Grammar
|Dec 06-28, 2013||
Bank Al Habib Limited
Fayyaz Center In House Training
|May 2015 – Present||
- BEC (Business English Certificate) Teacher Trainer Course. ICD in collaboration with IBA-SDP
- One day training on APA Style & Technicalities of Zotero, 7 January 2017.
- Ten days training on Formative and Summative Assessment. NED University of Engineering and Technology Humanities Department, 20-30 January 2016.
- Five day training workshop on Train the trainer. School of leadership. IoBM.
- Two day training on How to write a research paper. Sardar Yasin Malik Professional Development Centre, 22-23 May 2014.
- Communication Department Webpage In charge
- Lead Faculty of Readers Club
- Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC). Reading, Writing and Grammar, Jan 2, 2014.
PROFESSIONAL INSTITUTION MEMBERSHIP
2016 – Present Speaking Examiner for Cambridge English Advanced at ICD
2017 – Present Speaking Examiner for Cambridge English First at ICD
2017 – Present Trainer for Cambridge English in EMI Skills at IBA
Syed Muhammad Sajid Siraj
Syed Muhammad Sajid Siraj holds a Master’s degree in English Linguistics from the University of Karachi and is currently enrolled in MS Applied Linguistics program at the NED University of Engineering and Technology. He has also earned CELTA certification from the University of Cambridge and ESP certification from the Aga Khan University. He has worked locally and internationally in different reputable organizations as a teacher, lecturer, trainer in ESL, ESP and EAP contexts. He is an active member of the Society of Pakistan English Language Teachers (SPELT) and Cambridge English, UK. He has presented at an International EFL Conference and is associated with British Council programs.
|2017 (in progress)||MS Applied Linguistics||NED University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi|
|2014||CELTA||University of Cambridge|
|2005||MA English Linguistics||University of Karachi|
|Sep 2015 – Present||Senior Lecturer||Institute of Business Management (IoBM), Karachi|
|Sep 2014 – Aug 2015||Faculty||Mohammad Ali Jinnah University (MAJU), Karachi|
|May 2006 – Aug 2008||Faculty||Al-Hussan Education, Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia|
|Sep 2014 – Aug 2015||IELTS Teacher||Domino English Centre, Karachi|
|Aug 2005 – May 2006||Adjunct faculty||Allama Iqbal Open University, Karachi|
- Educational technology
- Language learning and gadgets
- Trainer, Intercontinental Hotel, Al- Jubail, Saudi Arabia, November 2011 – May 2013.
- Trainer (Call Centre), Ensign Communique, Karachi, November 2007 – July 2008.
- Certificate in English for Specific Purposes (ESP), Aga Khan University, 2008.
- Council of International School, Saudi Arabia, Member of self-study committee for accreditation, 2013-2014.
- AdvanceEd, Saudi Arabia, Member of self-study committee for accreditation, 2013-2014.
- Al-Hussan Education, Saudi Arabia, Trainer (in-house), “Classroom Management”, August, 2013.
- Training on Non-verbal Communication, QEC of NED University, June 26, 2016.
- SPELT- ELT International Conference, Karachi, “Traditions & innovations”. Presented, “Do your students’ understand grammar?” November 7-8, 2015.
- Workshop on Effective Feedback, Institute ob Business Management, December 2, 2015.
- Workshop on Reflective practices, Institute of Business Management, February 29, 2016.
- One day workshop on Report Writing, Deloitte International July 23, 2016.
- Workshop on Report Writing Skills, Pakistan International Airlines, August 6, 2016.
- Workshop conducted on Report Writing Skills, Pakistan International Airlines, August 26, 2016.
- Am I asking the right questions? SPELT ELT International Conference, October 29-30, 2016.
- Judge, All Pakistan Bilingual Declamation Competition, DA Sheikh Zayed College, Karachi, September 22, 2016.
- Guest Speaker, Iqra University, December 1, 2016.
- Workshop on Foundation of Research Writing, Advanced Educational Institute and Research Center (AERC), January 18, 2015.
- Workshop on Advanced Ed, Saudi Arabia, March, 2014.
- ELTPN workshop, Bringing a story to life, Saudi Arabia, April 22, 2013.
- The Effective Teaching Training, British Council, Saudi Arabia, May 28, 2013.
- Seminar on English and Empowerment in the Developing World, Aga Khan University, June 9-10, 2007.
- Innovative Teachers- Agent of Change, SPELT International Conference, Karachi, October 2004.
- Seminar on Language variation and education, NED University of Engineering and Technology, November 13, 2015.
- Seminar on Strategies and approaches for paper publications for ISI journals, Institute of Business Management, November 12, 2015.
Roshana Kamran holds a Master’s Degree in English literature from Karachi University and is Aptis qualified .Currently she is pursuing her MPhil in English Literature from Iqra University. She has worked in various private Universities and O-Level schools as Senior Language teacher and facilitator. Currently she is engage in teaching Business Communication courses at Iobm. Her area of interest is teaching different Strategies of Business writing.
|M.Phil in English Literature||Iqra University(In Progress)|
|MA English||Karachi University(2009)|
|Bachelor of Arts||PECHS College for Women(1992)|
|HSC||PECHS College for Women(1990)|
- 10 years teaching at school and college level as English language facilitator and instructor for O level
Ms Roshana Kamran was a Judge in a poetry competition of Us, a magazine for the youth, The NEWS International. Us readership falls roughly between 16 to 28 years of age, and their purpose is to promote creative writing and poetry competitions. They often hold story writing and poetry writing competitions as well. This year, Us held their poetry competition in February and invited readers to send their poems via email. The panel comprised of three judges and Roshana Kamran was one of them. We were asked not only to judge the poems but also to advice the participant on how they can perfect their poetry. There were 20 poems that were given to Roshana, and she graded them on the basis of idea, usage of poetical devices, and on the correct usage of grammar and punctuation. The competition is announced through the magazine and their Facebook page. The winners will be announced in their May 12th issue. US magazine 1, US magazine 2
- Experiential Learning Projects
- Project: Death of a Salesman, Fall 2016
- Cambridge developmental training, 2014
- Classroom Management training, CIMA 2014
- Poetry workshop GEARING UP FOR POETRY, 2013
- Importance of Spoken English, 2015
- Guest speaker
- Professional institution membership Aptis qualified 2013
Pir Muhammad, Lecturer in Communication Skills, holds a Master’s degree in Arabic and Islamic Studies from the University of Karachi and a Master’s degree in English Literature and Applied Linguistics from the National University of Modern Languages (NUML). He completed his Dars-e-Nizami (Aalim-e-Deen) course of eight years, and one year specialization course in Islamic Jurisprudence from Jamia Darul Uloom Karachi. He is an M Phil scholar and is currently working on his research thesis. He has done a post graduate diploma of one year in Islamic Banking and Finance from the Centre for Islamic Economics (CIE), Karachi. He had been teaching at IoBM as a visiting faculty since 2012 before joining the Institute as a full time faculty in 2015.
|2007||M.A. Arabic/Islamic Studies||University of Karachi|
|2012||M.A. English Literature & Linguistics||National University of Modern Languages|
|2016||PGD in Islamic Banking and Finance||Centre of Islamic Economics|
M.Phil. (in progress)
|Sep 2015 – Present||Lecturer, Arabic||Institute of Business Management (IoBM)|
|Teacher||Islamic Jurisprudence in Madrassah|
|Visiting Faculty||Institute of Business Management (IoBM)|
Conferences (Presentations, Talks, Colloquium, etc.)
Dr. Shahid Amjad
Dr. Shahid Amjad has a PhD from School of Ocean Sciences, University of Wales, UK. His MS is from the University of Oslo Norway in Benthic Ecology. He has completed courses in Management of R&D Institutes from University of New South Wales, Australia. He has been associated with the National Institute of Oceanography as Director General and with various top universities of Pakistan as Acting Vice Chancellor and Professor. He has also been associated as a visiting faculty with NED and the University of Karachi since 2005.
- 1987 – 1990 PhD Marine Environment School of Ocean Sciences University of Wales UK.
- 1976 – 1982 MS Benthic Ecosystems. University of Oslo. Norway.
- 1971 – 1973 M.Sc Marine Sciences CEMB University of Karachi
- Visiting Faculty NED Coastal Management and Environment.
- Dean, Faculty of Marine Science. Lasbela University, Balochistan.
- Director General. National Institute of Oceanography. (MoST) Karachi.
- Principal Scientific Officer. National Institute of Oceanography Karachi.
- Research Scholar, University of Oslo Norway.
- Assistant Biologist Marine Fisheries Department Karachi.
- Represented Pakistan for 5 years as an elected member of the UN International Seabed Authority. Jamaica.
- Participated in Pakistan’s 2nd Scientific Expedition to Antarctic.
- Participated in numerous international Conferences, Seminars.
- Shahid Amjad, Muhammad Ajaz Rasheed, Mirza Aqeel Baig 2016. Mangrove Ecosystem Services: Indus Delta (PQA), Sindh Journal of Geoscience and Environmental protection Vol. 4, No 7. DOI: 10.4236/gep.2016.47020
- Shahid Amjad, M. Ajaz Rasheed, Mirza Aqeel Baig 2016.Valuation of Mangroves in PQA Indus Delta: An Econometric Approach Research Report, MFF/IUCN and Institute of Business Management (IoBM). Karachi.
- Shahid Amjad 2015 Maritime Economic Cooperation: Hydrocarbons, Fisheries and Minerals IPRI-HSF International Conference on “Major Powers’ Interests in Indian Ocean: Challenges and Options for Pakistan”. Islamabad Policy Research Institute, Hanns Seidel Foundation (HSF),
- Shahid Amjad. 2015 Harnessing the Potential of Ocean Energy Pakistan International Conference ICEEES 2015 IoBM. Conf. Proc 2015
- Shahid Amjad and Syed Irfan Hyder 2015 Conference Proceedings on Entrepreneurial Engineering Opportunities In Renewable Energy For Self-Sufficiency College of Engineering Sciences, Institute of Business Management (IoBM) Karachi
- Amjad, S. 2014 Adequacy of National Laws for Coastal Zone Management and Ocean Governance. Paper presented in the National conference NCMPR Bahria University 2014.(in press)
- Mirza Asjad and Shahid Amjad 2014 Global Climate Change and Fruit Crops Production. International Journal on Climate Change: Impacts and Responses.
- Amjad, S. 2014 Introduction to Biofouling : a Sticky Problem. SAARC workshop on Bioinvasion and Ballast water Management (Proceeding of the Workshop) Karachi 25-27 August 2014
- Mirza A Baig and Shahid Amjad 2014 Climate Change Impact on Major Crops Of Pakistan: A Forecast For 2020. Pakistan Business Review (PBR) IoBM Vol.15 No 4 pp 600-617.Pakistan.
- Amjad, S. 2014 Adequacy of National Laws for Coastal Zone Management and Ocean Governance. Paper presented in the National conference NCMPR Bahria University 2014.
- Mirza Asjad and Shahid Amjad 2014 Global Climate Change and Fruit Crops Production. International Journal on Climate Change: Impacts and Responses. C130182 CGPublisher. November 6, 2014
- Amjad, S. 2013 Introduction to Climate Change in workshop on SAARC on Impact of Climate Change Variability on Coastal Resources. Workshop Proceedings on Climate Change Impacts on Coastal and Aquatic Resources in SAARC Member Countries Karachi 26-28 Dec 2013.
- Amjad, S., 2013. Global Warming: Forecast for Coastal Fishery Resources of Pakistan published in the proceedings of the 5thInternational Conference on Environmentally Sustainable Development (ESDev-2013).COMSATS.
- Mirza Asjad Baig, and Shahid Amjad. Climate Change Impact on Major Crops of Pakistan: A Forecast for 2020. Pakistan Business Review (PBR) IoBM 2013.
- Amjad,.S., Ocean Resources and Diversity: Pakistan presented in the 12th Training Workshop on Conservation of Biodiversity and Ecosystem of Pakistan. Organized by the IUCN Commission on Ecosystem Management. The Scientific and Cultural Society of Pakistan In collaboration with Department of Zoology, University of Karachi Sept 12‐ 18, 2013.
- Amjad, S., 2013 Global Warming: Forecast for Coastal Fishery Resources of Pakistan. Paper submitted and accepted in the Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Environmentally Sustainable Development ESDev August 2013
- Samina Kidwai, Mohsin Tabrez, Naeem Ahmed and Shahid Amjad 2013. Spatial and temporal variability in the zooplankton productivity and community structure in the tide dominated creeks of the River Indus delta, North Arabian Sea (MS submitted. ID 9007264171117903 in Zoological Studies Springer for International publication)
- Amjad, S., and Moinuddin Ali Khan. 2012 Energy Imports (LNG) and Coastal Ecological Impacts. Proceeding of 2nd Intl’ Conf. Energy, Environment & Sustainable Development Mehran University Engineering Technology, Jamshoro.
- Amjad. S, and Moin uddin Ali Khan 2011 Marine Ecological Assessment for LNG Terminal at Port Qasim. Pak. J. Engr.Technol.Sci vol. 1.No.2 pp 74-85
PARTICIPATION in CONFERENCES
Dr. Shahid Amjad Presented a paper on Valuation of Coastal Ecosystem: An Econometric Approach in the 7th International maritime Conference (IMC-2017) organized by National Policy Research (NCMPR) Bahria University 11-12 Feb 2017.
- Expertise in teaching Environmental Impact Assessment/risk analysis (EIA/ IEE/SEA Climate Change etc) at Masters level.
- Member Experts Committee SEPA Sindh.
- Member Standing Committee on Environment FPCCI Karachi.
- Undertaken Environmental consultancy services in PQA and other industrial areas for national and multinational organizations.
- Member of National Curriculum Environmental Sciences Committee of HEC.
- Member (ex officio) BoG Global Change Impact Studies Centre. Islamabad
- Conducted training programs and workshops on Climate Change Impacts, EIA and Marine Environment and Ecosystems.
- Use modeling techniques for delineating Air Pollution parameter to develop contours using Surfer Software.
- Good working knowledge of SPSS software.
- Expertise in planning and undertaking field surveys.
- Cruise Leader Participated in numerous National and International Oceanographic Cruises to study oceanographic parameters and fishery resources and issues related to coastal zone management.
- Expertise in use of scientific equipments used in the field surveys and scientific research Labs
- Undertaken Courses on Resource Management and Management of R&D Institutes (UNSW) Australia.
- Over 30 research publications in scientific journals of repute.
- Actively participate in Students activities.
- Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FPCCI) Standing Committee on Environment.
- Serving as a Member of Experts Committee Sindh Environmental Protection Agency.
- Guest Speaker at LEAD
- Guest Speaker at LEJ, IST (SUPARCO).
HONORS & AWARDS
- WWF- P The Living Plannet Award 2008
- Prof. Dr.Nasima Tirmizi Gold Medal in Marine Sciences 2009.
- Represented Pakistan at conferences both national and international.
- Regularly invited as guest speaker at various forums and prestigious institutions.
Dr. Abdul Rauf Farooqi
Dr. Abdul Rauf Farooqi hold PhD from Colorado State University, USA, with 30 years’ post-doctoral experience in teaching, research & development, and humanitarian assistance. Presently since 2012 I am teaching Environment and Energy Management (EEM) Program courses as a Professor to BBA, MBA students and guiding research at Institute of Business Management (IoBM) university, Karachi, Pakistan. For 6 years preceding 2011, I held the position of Professor and Chairman of the Department of Environmental Science at both the International Islamic University (IIUI) and Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU), Islamabad, Pakistan as appointed by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. During these years, I have had the opportunity to provide seasoned leadership and academic expertise to direct and advance academic research, training, and quality educational programs in Environmental Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, and Youth Studies. and PhD. Prior to these academic engagements, I hold 20 years extensive field experience with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in leading through a collaborative international effort to protect and assist refugees.
Department: Environment and Energy Management (EEM)
Institute of Business Management, Karachi
May 2010-Feb 2011
Professor and Chairman
Department: Environmental Science, Faculty of Basic and Applied Sciences, International Islamic University, Islamabad, Pakistan March 2005- April 2010
Professor and Chairman
Department: Environmental and Science, Allama Iqbal Open University(AIOU), Islamabad, Pakistan
March 1984-August 2004
Chief of Engineering and Environment Sciences (Final Posting), United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Headquarters, Geneva, Switzerland and Various Head of Sub Office, Deputy Representative, Senior Agriculturalist, Head of Technical Unit, and Agronomist in seven different countries in Africa, Middle East, and Europe
1983-1984 World Bank Project, Technical Management Team Leader, Hargeisa, Somalia
1977-1982 Graduate Teaching/ Research Assistant, Colorado State University, USA
1965-1977 Various Positions in Pakistan, The last one being
Brief Statement of Research Interest
- Environmental Sciences, Agricultural Sciences and Social Sciences.
- Farooqi, M.A.R. 1963. Increasing the agriculture yields. Sind Agri., College Magazine (English Section) pp 44-46.
- Farooqi, M.A.R. 1965. A chemical composition of some of the important fruits of Hyderabad Region, B. The post harvest chemical changes during the ripening of mango fruit. M.Sc. Thesis, Department of Chemistry College of Agriculture, Sind University, Pakistan.
- Farooqi, M.A.R. 1967. A look into the future of our agriculture. The daily “Indus Times” Hyderabad, Pakistan, April 23, 1967, Vol. VI (109) p 4.
- Chaudhary, T.H., and M.A.R. Farooqi. 1969. The post harvest chemical changes during the ripening of mango fruit. W.P. Jour. Agric. Res. 7(3): 78-96.
- Chaudhary, T.H., and M.A.R. Farooqi. 1969. Chemical composition of mango fruit. W.P. Journal Agric. Res. 7(5): 103-107.
- Chaudhary, T.H., and M.A.R. Farooqi. 1970. Chemical composition of guava and banana fruits grown in Hyderabad Region. Pakistan Journal Sci. Ind. Res: 13(1.2): 111-113.
- Haider, G., and M.A.R. Farooqi. 1972. Effect of gypsum on soils being irrigated with high SAR water. A technical report. January, 1972, WAPDA Press Pub. No
- Haider, G., and M.A.R. Farooqi. 1972. Irrigation from tubewells (a technical brochure in Urdu) March, 1972, WRPPA Press Pub. No 12.
- Haider, G., and M.A.R. Farooqi. 1972. Roles of gypsum as a preventive measure to check the increase of alkali in the soils irrigated with potentially hazardous tubewell water. Bull. Irrigation Drainage and Flood Control Res. Council 2(2): 15-23.
- Haider, G., and M.A.R. Farooqi. 1973. Effects of tubewell water of different salinities on soil conditions and plant growth. WAPDA Press Pub. No. 25.
- Haider, G., and M.A.R. Farooqi. 1974. Economics of gypsum use on soils irrigated with potentially hazardous tubewell water. Institute of Engineers Pakistan, Seminar Ion Waterlogging and Salinity, pp 43-55.
- Haider, G., and M.A.R. Farooqi. 1974. Management of potentially hazardous tubewell water by cultivators. A technical report of WAPDA No. 34.
- Haider, G., M.A.R. Farooqi, and C.J. de Mooy. 1974. Estimation of consumptive use of water for wheat under optimum management ‘ conditions. A technical report of WAPDA No. 39.
- Haider, G., M.A.R. Farooqi, and W.D. Kemper. 1974. Observations on gypsum solubility of gypsum stones in flowing water, Colorado State University Water Management Research Annual Report.
- Haider, G., M.A.R. Farooqi, and C.J. de Mooy. 1975. Consumptive use of water by wheat under optimum management conditions. Proceeding of CENTO panel meeting on the Optimum Use of Water in Agriculture held at Nuclear Institute for Agriculture and Biology, Lyallpur, Pakistan from March 3-5, 1975. CENTO Sci, Program Report No. 17, pp 103-114.
- Haider, G., M.A.R. Farooqi, and T. Ali. 1975. Effect of saline groundeater on soils and wheat yield. Processing of CENTO panel meeting on the optimum use of water in agriculture held at Lyallpur Nuclear Institute for Agricuture and Biology, Lyallpur, Pakistan from March 3-5, 1975. CENTO Scientific Programme Report No. 17, pp 89-94.
- Haider, G., M.A.R. Farooqi, and T. Ali. 1975. Effect of crop rotation Irrig. Drainage and Flood Control Research Council 5(1): 50-43.
- Haider, G., and M.A.R. Farooqi. 1975. Effect of irrigation water of different qualities on soils under existing on-farm water management practices. Proceedings of International Conference on Waterlogging and Salinity held under the auspices of University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan from October 13-17, 1975.
- Haider, G., and M.A.R. Farooqi. 1976. Economic feasibility of gypsum application in SCARP areas. Bull. Irrigation, Drainage and Flood Control Research Council 6(1): 36-43.
- Farooqi, M.A.R. (Panel Member). 1976 & 1977. Case Study in Irrigated Areas with Problems of Salinization and Waterlogging, (Pakistan) Environment and Natural Resources, UNESCO, Place de Fontenoy, Paris 7, France. The study was carried out for the UN conference on International Co-operation to Combat Desertification UN General Assembly resolution 3337 (XXIX).
- Farooqi, M.A.R. (Committee Member). 1976. Some observations on Gaja Title Drainage Pilot Project. Drainage and Reclamation Institute of Pakistan, Hyderbad, Sind, Pakistan. DRIP Report No. 1, pp 56.
- Farooqi, M.A.R., and A. Majeed. 1977. Country report Pakistan. For the UN Conference on International Co-operation to Combat Desertification at Nairobi, Kenya from August 29 to September 9, 1977. Irrigation, Drainage and Flood Control Yesearch Council, Pakistan.
- Farooqi, M.A.R., C.J. de Mooy, and L.S. Olsen. 1979. Effect of tillage practices on moisture and nitrogen status of soil in dryland wheat production management. pp 225-232 Annual Technical Report. Improving Irrigation and Water Water Manag. Res. Proj. C.S.U. Fort Collies, Co
- Farooqi, M.A.R., C.J. de Mooy, and L.S. Olsen. 1980. Influence of stubble and tillage on moisture and nitrogen conservation under monsoonal conditions. Annual Technical Report. Improving Irrigation and Water Management. Water Manag. Res. Proj. C.S.U. Fort Collins, Colorado, USA. pp 122-125.
- Farooqi, M.A.R. 1981. Consumptive use of water by crops. Irrigation Problems and Practices Course Material. Department of Agronomy. C.S.U. Fort Collins, Colorado, USA.
- Farooqi, M.A.R., J.S. Jacobsen, R.E. Danielson, and W.J. Schmehl. 1982. Field and Laboratory manual. AG-4968-Irrigation Problems and Practices Course, Department of Agronomy C.S.U. Fort Collins, Colorado, USA.
- Farooqi, M.A.R. 1983. Moisture and nitrogen management in dryland wheat. Ph.D. dissertation. Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado, USA.
- Farooqi, M.A.R., M. Hanif, and C.J. de Mooy. 1984. Nitrogen mineralization potential and urea hydrolysis under aerobic and anaerobic conditions Commun. in Soil Sci. and Plant Anal. USA 14(1): 29-48.
- Hanif, M., M.A.R. Farooqi, and S. Eslami. 1984. Sulfur oxidation in calcarious soils. J. Agric. Res. Punjab, Pakistan.
- Farooqi, M.A.R., and C.J. de Mooy. 1983. Effect of soil saturation on redox potential and microbial activity. Commun. in Soil Sci. and Plant Anal., USA 14(3): 185-197.
- Farooqi, M.A.R., and C.J. de Mooy. Ca. 1984.. Interception and retention of rainfall by wheat straw mulch under fallow. (submitted for publication in Soil Science Society of American Journal).
- Farooqi, M.A.R. 1978/1982. Minimum Tillage and control of weeds in dryland wheat. Bulletin of Irrigation Drainage and Flood Control Research Council, Pakistan. 8(I): 1-6.
- Farooqi, M.A.R., S. Eslami and M. Hanif. 1978/1982. Effect of NaCl concentration on growth of micro organism in soil. Bulletin of Irrigation Drainage and Flood Control Research Council, Pakistan. 8(2): 13-19.
- Farooqi, M.A.R., A.A. Abdi, and M.A. Aslam. 1983. Seed germination test for underdeveloped dryland areas of North West Somalia. North West Region Agric. Development Project, Hargeisa, Somalia. Scientific Series No. 183, pp 6.
- Farooqi, M.A.R., A.A. Abdi, M.A. Aslam, S.A. Shah, and V. Jayaraman. 1983. Annual progress report of 1982 and Annual work plan for 1983 North West Region Agricultural Development Project, Hargeisa, Somalia. Scientific Series Report No. 383, 43 pp.
- Farooqi, M.A.R., and A.A. Abdi. 1983. Moisture conservation evaluation in bunded and unbunded areas of North West Region (a research proposal). North West Region Agricultural Development Project, Hargeisa, Somalia. Scientific Series Report No. 283.
- Farooqi, M.A.R.. 1983. Report on status of bird infestation. North West Region Agricultural Development Project, Hargeisa, Somalia. Scientific Series Report No. 483.
- Farooqi, M.A.R., M.A. Aslam, and A.A. Abdi. 1983. Drip Irrigation studies on maximum crop production potential in North West Region of Somalia (a research proposal). North West Region Agricultural Development Project, Hargeisa, Somalia. Scientific Series Report No. 583.
- Farooqi, M.A.R. 1983. Guidelines on moisture conservation for rainfed agriculture farmers (in Somalia). Translated by A.A Roble. Paper presented at Farmer’s Day at Aburin Dryland Farm on Sept. 25, 1983, and broadcasted on Radio Hargeisa. North West Region Agricultural Development Project, Hargeisa, Somalia. Scientific Series Report No. 683.
- Farooqi M.A.R., M.A. Aslam, A.A. Abdi and 0.0 Gulaid. 1983. Focus on North West Region Agricultural Development Project, Hargeisa, North West Region Agric. Development Project, Hargeisa, Somalia.
- Jayaraman V., M.A.R. Farooqi, M.A. Aslam, A.A. Abdi and H.A. Munye. 1983 Cost recovery proposal for small-scale irrigated farms. A document on cost recovery submitted to the Government of Somalia and the World Bank for approval. North West Region Agricultural Development Project, Hargeisa, Somalia.
- Farooqi M.A.R., M.A. Aslam, and H.A. Munye. 1984. 1983 Agricultural survey of North West Region of Somalia. Based-on a survey conducted during December 1983. North West Region Agricultural Development Project, Hargeisa, Somalia.
- Farooqi M.A.R., and H.A. Munye. 1984. Social acceptability plan of agricultural development project in North West Somalia. North West Region Agricultural Development Project, Hargeisa, Somalia.
- Abdi . A.A, H.A. Munye, and M.A.R. Farooqi. 1984. Bunding cost recovery document. A bunding cost recovery document in respect of 4473 farms submitted to the Ministry of Finance, the Government of somalia (GOS) for realization of partial cost from beneficiary farmers. The document was prepared as a part of credit agreement between GOS and IDA. North West Region Agricultural Development Project, Hargeisa, Somalia. 212 pp.
- Farooqi M.A.R., M.A. Aslam, and H.A. Munye. 1984. Agricultural survey questionnaire for North West Region of Somalia. North West Region Agricultural Development Project, Hargeisa, Somalia.
- Farooqi M.A.R., H.A. Munye, and M.A. Aslam. 1984. Farm input supply questionnaire for North West Region of Somalia. North West Region Agricultural Development Project, Hargeisa, Somalia.
- Farooqi, M.A.R. 1984. Exercises on data presentation and report writing skill workshop. The workshop was organised by UNHCR, Hargeisa, Somalia as a part of training to the trainee for Community Development Training Programme and select group of participants from North West Agricultural Development Project, Hargeisa, Somalia. September 22, 1984.
- Farooqi, M.A.R. 1984. Seed germination test for underdeveloped areas of North West Somalia. 76th Annual Meeting General Index 1984 Abstracts. Amer. Society of Agronomy. Medison, USA, pp 54.
- Shelhas, B.S., M.A.R. Farooqi, and M. Tag-Eldeen. 1984 and 1985. Agriculture Refugee Settlement Scheme. Lower Shabelle Region – Furjano. A project document of US$ 4 million aimed at overall settlement and achievement of self-reliance of refugees through agriculture. UNHCR T.U., Mogadishu, Somalia.
- Al-Nammari,S.S., and M.A.R. Farooqi. 1985. Qorioley Project Proposal for Refugee Agricultural Settlement (Draft). UNHCR T.U. Mogadishu, Somalia.`
- Farooqi, M.A.R., and H.A. Munye. 1985. Agricultural productivity under soil conservation condition and family labour utilization in North West of Somalia. A paper presented at the National Seminar on Dissemination and Utilization of Demographic Planning held under the auspices of the Ministry of National Planning Mogadishu, Somalia. , 16-20 November, 1985.
- Farooqi, M., and M. Tag-Eldeen. 1985., Agricultural Refugee Settlement Scheme, Gedo Region, Somalia. A project document aimed at overall settlement and achievement of self-reliance of refugees through agriculture. UNHCR T.U. Mogadishu, Somalia.
- Farooqi, M., and M. Tag-Eldeen. 1985. Refugee Settlement Potentialities in Lower Shabelle Region, Somalia. UNHCR, T.U., Mogadishu, Somalia.
- Farooqi, M., and M. Tag-Eldeen. 1986. Project document for assistance of urban refugees organised group towards durable settlement in Agricultural district, Somalia. UNHCR, T.U., Mogadishu, Somalia.
- Farooqi, M., and M. Anwar. 1986. Evaluation of agricultural refugee settlement projects in Gedo Region, March, 1986. UNHCR, Mogadishu, Somalia.
- Farooqi, M. 1986. Evaluation of SCF Refugee Irrigation Scheme. Qorioley, Somalia. UNHCR, T.U., Mogadishu, 20 May 1986.
- Farooqi, M. 198’7. Project document for assistance to urban refugee self-organised group (Dagaxbur Refugee Society) towards durable settlement in Afgoi District, Somalia. UNHCR T.U., Mogadishu, Somalia.
- Farooqi, M. 1987. Proposal for criteria for selection of refugees for various types of local Agricultural Settlement Projects and implementation procedures in Somalia. UNHCR, T.U., 4 June 1987.
- Farooqi, M. 1988. Guidelines for Mini-Agricultural Refugee Settlement Projects in Somalia. UNHCR, BO Somalia, 18 April 1988.
- Saied, A., and M. Farooqi. 1988. Conclusions and recommendations to combat desertification associated with refugees in Somalia. Presented at the National Workshop on Desertification and Environment, Mogadishu, Somalia, 5-8 March 1988.
- Farooqi, M., M. Schulz, and R. White. 1988. Technical mission to Likuyu and Kigwa settlements – Assessment of Urban Case Management and Education, Tanzania. TSS Mission Report 41/88. ‘UNHCR HQs.
- Farooqi, M. 1989. Phasing out plan for Mini-Settlements in Somalia. TSS, UNHCR, HQs.
- Thiadens, R., M. Farooqi, and V. Chordi. 1989. Site assessment for Rural Settlement of Mozambican Refugees at Milola, Lindi Region, Tanzania. TSS Mission Report 89/04. UNHCR, HQs.
- Farooqi, M. 1989. Follow-up of cross-border projects, Afghanistan. TSS Mission Report 89/37. UNHCR, HQs.
- Thiadens, R., M. Farooqi, and V. Chordi. 1989. Settlement planning in Magburu -Moyo District, Uganda. TSS Mission Report 89/03. UNHCR, HQs.
- Farooqi, M. 1989. Review of cross-border projects, Afghanistan. TSS Mission Report 89/24. UNHCR, HQs.
- Farooqi, M. 1988/89. Environmental awareness in refugee programmes. Rapport No 4/5 TSS. UNHCR, HQs, pp 5-6.
- Farooqi, M. 1990. (Member Designated Official on Environmental Matters (DOEM)). Draft preliminary overview of system wide activities relevant to UN General Assembly resolution 44/228. March 1990.
- Farooqi, M. 1990. (Member Designated Official on Environmental Matters (DOEM)). Annual consumption of fuel and shelter wood by refugees and computation of fuel and shelter wood consumption to refugees during emergency influx. DOEM, Geneva, 26 Feb-1 March 1990.
- Farooqi, M. 1990. (Member, Designated Official on Environmental Matters(DOEM)). UNHCR views on environmental issues of refugee affected areas in support General Assembly resolution 44/228. DOEM, Geneva, 26 Feb-1 March 1990.
- Chordi, V, and M. Farooqi. 1990. Assistance d’urgence auz refugies du sud Soudan, Zaire. Rapport de mission TSS No 90/10. UNHCR, KOS.
- Chordi, V, M. Farooqi, and S. Wahning. 1990. Rural settlements for Sudanese Refugees in Moyo and Masindi Districts, Uganda. TSS Mission Report 90/15. UNHCR, KOS.
- Farooqi, M. 1990. Elaboration of the idea on forecasting of animal carrying capacity under UNEP’s Global Environment Monitoring Systems (GEMS). UNHCR, KOS, 4 July 1990.
- Farooqi, M. 1990. Environmental assessment profile of UNHCR. Environmental assessment procedure in the UN System. UNEP.
- Farooqi,A. 2003. Global Report 2002 (Contributed Environmental Sector Report) United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. Geneva Headquarters. Switzerland.
- Farooqi, A. 2004. Integration of Refugee Protection Concerns into the Engineering Sectors and Environment (Draft Report) UNHCR HQS. Geneva.
- Farooqi, A. 2006. Injudicious agricultural practices are source of breeding environmental problems in Pakistan. Published in the proceedings of the International Conference on “The Citizens: Governance, Culture, and Well Being in 21st Century, University of Playmouth, U.K. 5-7 April/2006. ISBN 1-84102-115-5, Editors: Martyn Warren and Richard Yarwood. Abstract of paper for the conference also published as Abstract No.20393.
The request for permission to publish this article in a resource book on “Sustainable Agriculture” by ICFAI University Press has been granted by the author. ICFAI publishes 18 magazines and 57 journals of the book. The book is aimed to make much needed knowledge available to the students, research scholars, working executives, professionals etc. The print run of the book will be 5000 copies. Expected date of publication 2009/2010. Copyright for the article was conveyed to Dr. Lobhar Paradkhar, Research Associate, Research Center, IV Floor, Equity Tower, Sanghvi Nagar Road, Aundth, Pune 41107, India.
- Farooqi, A., Fatimah, H., Khan. J.A., and Zahidullah. 2009. Potential of organic farming to alleviate poverty in Pakistan. Published in Proceeding of Third International Conference on Environmentally Sustainable Development ESDev—2009, 16-18 August 2009, COMSATS Abbotabad pp.520-530. The paper was judged as one of the best paper presented in the sub-committee of the conference for which the university shield was presented to Prof. Dr. A. Farooqi.
- Farooqi, A., B.B. Mirza, A.G. Khan, and N. Akhtar. 2008. Socio-Economic Environmental Rehabilitation in Earthquake affected areas of Pakistan. Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities XVI (I): 27-42, Islamabad Pakistan. An HEC recognized journal.
- Farooqi, A. and Fatimah, H., 2009. Historical Perspective and Prospects of Environmental Education in Pakistan. Published in Proceeding of Third International Conference on Environmentally Sustainable Development ESDev—2009, 16-18 August 2009, COMSATS Abbottabad pp.520-530. The paper was judged as one of the best paper presented in the sub-committee session of the conference for which the university shield was presented to Prof. Dr. A. Farooqi. This paper has been accepted for publication in „Science, Technology& Development‟ Vide letter no.PCST/Pub-6/2009 dated 14-7-2009 by Dty. Chief (Publications), Pakistan Council for Science and Technology, Islamabad.
- Farooqi A., and S. A. Hussain. 2009. An Investigation into the Pakistan Diaspora’s Support for Education For All, Journal of Social Science and Humanities XVII (I): 115-126, AIOU Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Farooqi, A. 2009. (a) The miracle of Five Plants. The Daily Dawn, August 09, 2009. (b) Five miracle plants which sucks polluted indoor air and exhales fresh air. Jamia Nama AIOU August 2009. (c) The Five miracle plants which are worth million dollar machine, to freshen indoor air. Urdu Digest (the largest monthly circulation magazine in Urdu language). August 2009.
- Farooqi, A., and S.R. Saeed. 2009. Educational Poster with sunshine of Sustainable Development and a tree depicting domino’s effect of environmental education in Pakistan. An educational poster conceived and designed by Professor Dr. Abdulrauf Farooqi and Ms Sadia Rahat Saeed at AIOU. Funding for the 500 large and 1000 small posters was provided by JAICA Alumni, Pakistan, Unveiling ceremony of the poster was performed by Professor. Dr. Mahmood H. Butt, Vice Chancellor, AIOU on Environmental Day June 05, 2009 at a ceremony organized by JAICA Allumani Pakistan held at Council Hall, AIOU.
- Farooqi, A., H. Fatimah, and Zahidullah. 2009. Integration of Environment in Teacher‟s Training Program of Allama Iqbal Open University. A project valued Rs. 38.911 million developed on PC-1 format for funding by MoE, GoP. Approved by DDWP fully funded as proposed (March, 2007 and April, 2009 for project extension). However, despite PSDP allocation in FY 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 due to ensuing serious financial constraints, AIOU requested Secretary MoE on May 14, 2010 to either release funds according to financial plan for timely project completion or issue termination as per rules. AIOU. Pp 38.
- Fatimah, H., A. Farooqi, and Zahidullah. 2010. Introduction to Environment: Textbook Compiled for 3-Credit Course Code 1421. AIOU Printing Press, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Zahidullah., A. Farooqi, and H. Fatimah. 2010. Environmental Pollution: Textbook compiled for 3-Credit Course Code 1422. AIOU Printing Press, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Farooqi, A. 2010. Guidelines on completing assignments for CYP Diploma in „Youth in Development Work‟, Directorate of Commonwealth Youth Programme, Department of Environmental Science, Allama Iqbal University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Farooqi, A., Fatimah, H., Zahidullah and S. Haroon. 2010. A research report on level and extent of youth involvement in post-disaster rehabilitation and reconstruction work in Muzaffarabad, AJK. In advanced stage of finalization.
- Farooqi, A. 2010. Environmental Improvement and Landscaping at IIUI. Department of Environmental Science, FB&AS, IIU Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Farooqi, A. and A. Ahmed. 2014. Guidelines for Writing Thesis/Project Report. Institute of Business Management, Korangi Creek, Karachi-75190, Pakistan. The report was accorded approval for IoBM wide adoption by the Board of Advanced Studies and Research (BASR) meeting held on October 11, 2014.
- Farooqi, A., Zahidullah, and H. Fatimah. 2016. Intrinsic Value of Assignment in ODL System – A Case Study of Commonwealth Youth Programme Diploma in Youth in Development Work at AIOU. Accepted for publication in Journal Geographic of Pakistan.
- Farooqi, A., M.F. Yaseen, and A. Ahmed. 2016. Utilization of Food Saved in Marriage Ceremonies towards Offsetting Hunger in Karachi, Pakistan, Paper presented at 5th. Asian Management Conference on January 17, 2016 held in Dubai, UAE at University of Wollongong (UOWD) Campus. The conference is held regularly in collaboration of UOWD, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, India, Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), Universiti Sains Malaysia, and University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. The paper is under review for publication in PBR, IoBM, Karachi, Pakistan
- Farooqi, A. 2016. Halal Food Processes and Audit Methodology. Abstract submitted to Regional Islamic Entrepreneurship and Business Conference (RIEBC 2016) 9 & 10 August 2016, Holiday Inn Hotel, Melaka, Malaysia.
- Farooqi, A., A. Ahmed, and M.F. Yaseen. 2016 Worldwide Food Waste in Muslim Marriage Ceremonies: A Case Study Conducted in Karachi, a Mega City of 23.5 Million, and City of Diverse Muslim Communities. Abstract submitted to Regional Islamic Entrepreneurship and Business Conference (RIEBC 2016) 9 & 10 August 2016, Holiday Inn Hotel, Melaka, Malaysia ‘
- A- Farooqi, A. B- Farooqi, A., M.F. Yaseen, and A. Maham . 2016. New Approach to Experiential Learning A. Simplifying Conceptual Understanding, and B. Sharing Air Pollution, and Collating Daily Food Intake in Comparison with Air Intake in Environmental Business & Management Courses at IoBM, Karachi, Pakistan. A research paper presented at the International Experiential Learning Conference at IoBM, Karachi, Pakistan on April 9, 2016.
- Farooqi, A . 2016. A Service-to-Society Paper-High Arsenic in 12 Brands of Drinking Bottled Water being Openly Sold in Karachi, sent on May 11, 2016 to Daily Dawn, Pakistan for publication
- Farooqi, A. 2016. Transformation of Karachi, Pakistan into a sustainable healthy living environmental city. In advanced stage of completion
List supervision of graduate students, post docs and undergraduate honors theses showing:
Years Degree Name
- 2011 MSc (Honors) Muhammad Irfan
- 2012 MSc (Honors) TahirMuzaffar Malik
- 2014 MBA(EEM) Muhammad Faisal Yaseen
- 2014 MBA(EEM) MoomalShahab
- 2014 MBA(EEM) NidaRabab
- 2014 MBA(EEM) Farhan Ali
- 2014 MBA(EEM) Adnan Ali, Muhammad Faisal Yaseen
- During all my service period I have been involved in public service activities.
HONORS & AWARDS
- Gamma Sigma Delta
- Who’s Who in the West, 1982
- Outstanding Service Award, 1984
- Elected as a Board of Director of International School of Islamabad 2009-2011
- Member 2005-2010, Academic Council and Board of Advanced Studies and Research, AIOU.
- Member 2010-2011, Academic Council and Board of Advanced Studies and Research,IIU.
Dr. Asima Faisal
Dr. Asima Faisal is a PhD Scholar form Institute of Business Management (IoBM), also MPhil and MBA from the same Institute (IoBM), and MBBS from Sindh Medical University. She has more than 18 years of experience in the health industry serving diversity in the areas of Health Management in Pakistan. Dr. Asima Faisal served as Director Media and Marketing and afterwards Director Programs for the Institute of Health Management (IHM) at Dow University of Health Sciences (DUHS). She was associated with Sind Education Foundation where she arranged health Camps and health Trainings of Teachers (TOTs) all over Sind for more than 900 schools for underprivileged. Dr. Asima Faisal has been actively involved in CSR activities like free Health camps, flood relief, disaster management activities and conducting TV shows on various medical and health management issues of the society. Dr. Asima Faisal is a member of the subject committee for pharmaceutical representatives training and assessment from the National Testing Service (NTS). Being a Certified Master Trainer Dr. Asima Faisal has been conducting GlaxoSmithKline Continuing Medical Education programs (CME) for health care professionals ,all over Pakistan. Added to her credentials, on an academic front, Dr. Asima Faisal has presented at various National and international conferences and forums in Italy, Boston USA, India, Japan and France. She has authored and co-authored more than 14 published research papers in the field of Health Management. She was sent as a Counselor for the British High Commission to Universities in the United Kingdom for pursuing avenues of internationalization of higher education between the two countries. She was also affiliated with South City Hospital in sharing her expertise in managerial and administrative areas.
- PhD Scholar, Business Management, Institute of Business Management, Karachi.
- MPhil, Business Management, Institute of Business Management (IoBM).
- MBA, Health and Hospital Management, Institute of Business Management, Karachi.
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery, (MBBS), Sindh Medical College, Karachi.
Head of Department, Assistant Professor
MBA Health Management Program, Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
(1st Sept 2008— till date)
- Performing a leadership role in heading all administrative and academic duties of the Department of MBA Health and Hospital Management.
- Subject specialist in Health Policy, Planning and Management, Marketing of Health Services, Managing Professional Health Care Organizations, Healthcare Leadership.
- Arranging seminars, Poster conventions, Health assessment and awareness Camps, and educational Conferences from the Health and Hospital Management Dept.
- Head of “Board of Studies” in MBA Health Management program, for Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) in curriculum under the guidelines provided by Higher Education Commission, Pakistan.
- Secretary to the Academic Council of IoBM University since 2013 in IoBM.
- Supervising the MBA Research / Capstone project students on a regular basis.
Institute of Health Management Dow University of Health Sciences (DUHS), 1st Nov 2007 till 30th April 2008
Performed the lead role in Directing all the programs, offered at Institute of Health Management, managing student and faculty affairs, administrative staff, semesters and daily proceedings of the institute and organizing events and examinations, hiring visiting faculty and other staff.
Director Media & Marketing
Dow University of Health Sciences (DUHS), March 27th, 2007- till 26th September 2007
- Establishing a Health Management Business college, under the banner of Dow University of Health Sciences, Karachi, Pakistan leading to the launch of Institute of Health Management (IHM). The process constituting, formation of a formal working paper for DUHS syndicate approval, designing of promotional material.
- Assistance to the vice chancellor in designing policies and procedures for the operations of IHM. Hiring of the core and visiting faculty for the program. Conducting written negotiations with some foreign business universities for collaborations with IHM (DUHS).
Training and Development
- Professional certified trainer from Navitus (a private Train the Trainer consultancy) for various national and multinational organizations in areas of Corporate Health, Stress Management, Ergonomics, Occupational Health and Safety Management and Disaster Management.
- Professional trainer with GlaxoSmithKline Pakistan to revise and update the General Physicians of Pakistan, about the latest studies, inventions and progress in the medical field.
- Training expert for Training of Teachers (TOT) in Larkana, Sindh, Pakistan, for 100 schools across Sind, running under “Community Supported School Program” (CSSP) of Sind Education Foundation.
Manager Health Programs
Sindh Education Foundation (SEF) Govt. of Sindh, February 2005- April 2006
- Incorporated health care program in the existing education setup of Child Labour Education Program (CLEP) and Women Literacy Empowerment Program (WLEP), which covers complete health screening and profiling of the approx 150 learners at Child Development Centre, Shershah and more than 250 learners of Women Literacy Empowerment Centres (WLECs) in the villages located along the coastal belt of Karachi (Ibrahim Haidri).
Registrar Gynecology and Obstetrics Unit
South City Hospital Clifton, March 1993 – May 1999
- Acted as Liaison Officer between hospital & consultants. Managed 9 medical officers (three per shift) and administrative staff (20 in number working in two shifts).
- Developed the new labor wing, recruited staff and managed purchases for Labour room and theatre.
- Implemented training courses for new recruits, for advanced cardiac life support, basic life support (ACLS and BLS), handling obstetric emergencies and safe motherhood.
- Counselors for an inward mission of British Council in United Kingdom, visiting different universities in, Sunderland, Bangor, Lancaster and Manchester.
- Media expert and anchor for various health advocacy programs on multiple TV channels in Pakistan.
- Conducted a professional assessment and evaluation of the Community Development Program proposals submitted by NGOs / CSOs operating in health sector of Sind Province to avail funding opportunities from the World Bank. The responsibility of Evaluating Health NGOs and CSOs (in Sind) for credibility is fulfilled by Health and Hospital Management Program, Institute of Business Management, (IoBM) which is the selected third party consultant organization for professional evaluation of all the developmental projects, submitted to Sindh Government, in 2009.
- As a member of the curriculum committee formed by NTS (National Testing Service) in collaboration with HEC, provided expertise in developing the curriculum of Pharmacy for GAT (Graduate Assessment Test) and Pharm D courses for medical representatives to inculcate theoretical resource with academic standing accredited by the HEC.
- In addition assisted in Development of curriculum of ‘Medical representatives training Manual’ for pharmaceutical sector in Pakistan.
- Designed and executed “Professional Development Program in Health Management” for General Medical Practitioners. The activity was conducted for three months starting in April 2014.
- BBSYDP (Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Youth Development Program) in “Pharmaceutical Selling” for the youth looking for associate degree programs, as well as learn new skills to be an earning member of the family. This was executed in 2014 for a period of three months.
- UNODC: Certified and Attended a 3 day Training program of Drug Treatment Professional , on Drug Treatment and Rehabilitation from 11th till 13th April 2013, organized by Ministry of Narcotics Control, Government of Pakistan, under the umbrella of United Nations of drugs and Crime (UNODC).
- VNRBD: Voluntary Non Remunerated Blood Donation project : Participated in National Voluntary Blood Donor Workshop on 8th & 9th December 2010 at Marriott Hotel Islamabad, organized by Safe blood transfusion unit , Ministry of Health, Government of Pakistan in collaboration with German red Cross (GTZ)
- Workshop for Disaster Management & Occupational Health and Safety Management. Organized, executed and attended the workshop at IoBM Campus. The workshop focussed on:
- Designing a Disaster Management tool for Health managers in Pakistan
- Risk and vulnerability reduction in Health care facilities
- Health safety management for employees and employers
- Needs assessment of occupational safety management
- HEC and ILO Workshop on Gender mainstreaming in Management and Academics: HEC and ILO join hands to conduct a series of workshops on Gender Mainstreaming in the disciplines of Media Studies and Management. It was scheduled on October 02, 2015 at HEJ, University of Karachi, Karachi.
Research supervision to various health management related topics and data analysis for MBA Health Management professionals. Unpublished articles include:
- Assessment of Doctors Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Attitudes of physicians and consumers towards advertising of Heath Care Services.
- Impact and Implementation of a Paperless Environment in a Tertiary care Hospital Service.
- Factors that Influence the Patients in Selecting the Clinical Laboratory Services.
- Work environment of tertiary care hospitals In Karachi – a cross sectional study.
- Performance Indicators for Emergency Services in a Tertiary Care Hospital: “Patient’s Perspective”.
- A comparison of Visual Acuity of children aged 5-10 years in a Religious School (Madrassa)& a Private School of Karachi.
- Trypanophobia (Needle Phobia) in Young Adults: A Cross Sectional Study.
- Self Esteem in Adult Burn Patients in Karachi Pakistan.
- Appropriate Ergonomics: Increases Performance of Employees.
- Understanding the psychological aspects of shisha smoking among university students of Karachi, Pakistan.
- Assessment of Awareness Level of Doctors about Rare Diseases and their management protocols through Orphan Drugs in Karachi, Pakistan.
- Impact of Hospital Structure on Quality of Nursing Care: A Cross Sectional Study at Two Tertiary Care Hospitals in Karachi, Pakistan Health Management Competencies in Health Management Students of Karachi, Pakistan.
- Quality of Life and Socio-Psychological Issues in Donors after Kidney Donation.
- The Impact of Domestic Violence on Women’s Self-Esteem and its Relationship with their Socio-economic Status.
- Musculoskeletal Disorders Among Physical therapist and Their Effect on Work Performance.
- The Impact of Merger &Acquisition on Job Satisfaction, Job Motivation & Job Security of employees working in Banking.
- Influence of Flexible Work Arrangement and Work Life Balance on General Well-Being Amongst Dental Specialists in Karachi, Pakistan.
- To evaluate the level of burnout and job satisfaction among mortuary workers of Karachi.
- The Perceptions of Head Nurses in Karachi Concerning Required Competencies at Managerial Positions.
- “Psychosocial problems and need analysis of post treatment breast cancer patients and their relatives”.
- Factors associated with burnout among junior physicians: a study in the hospital settings of Karachi.
- Faisal, A., Amjad, A., & Zehra, N. (2016). Impact of Facial Burn Injury on Self Esteem of Burn Patients: A Hospital Based Study from Karachi. Journal of the Dow University of Health Sciences, 10(1).
- Postpartum Depression (Ppd) Among Working And Nonworking Mothers/Women In Karachi, Pakistan. Rozina Shazad Ramji, Muhammad Yahya Noori and Asima Faisal. i-manager’s Journal on Nursing 2016; 6(3). 5-16
- Bana, S., Yakoob, J., Jivany, N., Faisal, A., Jawed, H., & Awan, S. (2016). Understanding Health Seeking Behavior of Health Care Professionals in Tertiary Care Hospitals in Pakistan.Journal of Ayub Medical College Abbottabad, 28(3), 1-6.
- Hassan, S.A., Zehra, N., Arif, M.M., Faisal, A. (2015).Interactions of General Practitioners (Gps) with the Pharmaceutical Industry: Its Impact on Clinical Practice and Professional Growth Of GPs. Int J Med Phar Sci, 6(4), 14-19
- Ansari, M. Z., Yasin, H., Zehra, N., & Faisal, A. (2015). Occupational Stress among Emergency Department (ED) Staff and the Need for Investment in Health Care: A View from Pakistan. British Journal of Medicine & Medical Research. 10(10).
- Faisal, A “Self-Esteem in Male and Female Patients of Facial Burn Injuries in Karachi” published in Pakistan Business Review, PBR October 2015, Volume 18.
- Noori, M. Y., Kazi, M., Shahid, A., & Faisal, A. (2015). The Relationship of Health Literacy, Perceived Health Information Need and Preventive Health Related Behavior in Urban Karachi. The Journal of Islamic International Medical College Quarterly,10(3), 210-213
- Faisal S, Kanpurwala MA, Riaz H, Faisal A. Trend of fast food among university students. JPUMHS 2014; 4 (1):26-32
- Atif Mahmood, Kiran Punjwani, Asima Faisal. Effects of shift work on the quality of sleep and psychological health of the professional nurses. Indian Journal of Sleep Medicine. 2014; Volume 9, Issue 2, Page No:69-74. DOI No:10.5958/0974-0155.2014.01098.5 Print ISSN : 0973-340X; Online ISSN : 0974-0155
- Atif Mahmood, Natasha James Francis, Asima Faisal. Measuring Patient Satisfaction as a Quality Improvement and Performance Indicator in Out-Patient Department of Tertiary Care Hospitals. Spectrum: A Journal of Multidisciplinary Research. December 2014, Volume 3 Issue 12, PP 149-164.ISSN: 2278-0637.
- Atif Mahmood, Danish Haroon Kushtiwala, Asima Faisal. Self-Medication and Inappropriate drug use in Geriatric Population of Karachi, Pakistan. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS). Volume 13, Issue 11 Ver. I (Nov 2014), PP 66-71. eISSN: 2279-0853.
- Atif Mahmood, Mukkaram Ali, Asima Faisal, Bheesham Kumar. Public’s attitude towards seeking healthcare and their satisfaction with health services. Indian Journal of Medical Research and Pharmaceutical Sciences. November 2014; Volume 1, Issue 6, PP 29-33. ISSN: 2349 – 5340.
- Faisal, A., Mukhtar, S., Prevalence of Risk Factors of Non Communicable Diseases Amongst Female Prisoners of Pakistan, Pakistan Business Review, 2013.
- Jawed, H., Faisal, A., Emotional Intelligence and Performance of Doctors and Nurses in Karachi, Pakistan Business Review, 2013.
- Faisal, A., Ayub, N., Jawed, H., Needle Phobia in Young Adults, Pakistan Business Review, October 2013.
RESEARCH PAPER PRESENTATIONS IN ACADEMIC CONFERENCES
- WCES 2017, World conference on Educational sciences 2017, Presented research Article in NICE, France, on “Work-life Balance and Psychological Well-Being” on 1st to 4th Feb 2017
- BEMTUR Conference Rome 26th to 28th November 2015 (Italy), Presented a research paper as first author, on MANAGERIAL COMPETENCIES OF HEALTH MANAGEMENT STUDENTS IN KARACHI, PAKISTAN.
- ISBSS, International Symposium on Business and Social Studies, Tokyo, Japan March 15-17, 2013, Presented a research Paper as a first author “Trypanophobia in young adults, A cross sectional study in young adults in Karachi, Pakistan”
- IJAS(International Journal of Arts and Sciences) May 26th to 30th 2014, Harvard University Campus Boston, Presented a research Paper as a first Author, titled, ‘Self Esteem in Female Victims of Facial Burn Injuries’
- Represented IOBM in 4th Dean’s and Director’s conference Islamabad (7th to 8th Feb 2017), organized by NBEAC, HEC. Spoke on the need for developing managerial skills for non conventional business managers, like Doctors, Dentists, Nurses and Pharmacists, etc.
- International Women’s Day Conference 22ND March 2016 “PLEDGE FOR PARITY”, Karachi, Spoke as a Panelist, on “Gender Mainstreaming in business and education sector” in Pakistan.
- SHOT’16 New Delhi India (3rd & 4th March 2016), Smart Hospitals of Tomorrow, and Chaired a scientific session on “‘Innovation in approaches to SMART Hospital”.
- Presented as an international guest speaker on “Emergence of Health Managers in Pakistan”, in AIIMS (All India Institute of Medial Sciences), New Delhi, India October, 2012.
- Presented as an international guest speaker on ‘Futuristic Health Care’, New Delhi, India, October 2012.
- Presented as a national guest speaker on ‘Talent Management in Healthcare’ – Health Asia Conference, Karachi Pakistan, April 2012.
- Presented as a national guest speaker on Meeting the Unmet Needs in Health Marketing’ – Health Asia Conference, March 2009.
Health care industries in Pakistan are operating in scattered segments. The concept of ‘REVIVING SUSTAINABLE TRENDS’ revolves around the need for bringing about a progressive change in health care through mutual support and cooperation. The conference will feature renowned health care leaders from both international and national fronts focusing on collaborative strategies for the progress of health management and initiating a dialog towards sustainable development goals.
More than 500 visitors attended the International Conference
Series of HEALTH AWARENESS and ASSESSMENT CAMPs since 2009 till date
The focus of the IoBM Health Assessment camp (whenever organized and executed) is the delivery of awareness and consultation to the youth & executives, upon multiple aspects of their health related issues, through a mixture of fun & activity. This also aims to provide Recruitment and Selection Opportunities of the shining health managers to the corporate world.
Massive crowds usually are drawn to the free-of-charge health camp, health awareness programs, basic life support training campaign and corporate health sessions at the Institute of Business Management (IoBM). The Health assessment camps comprise of health expo, free health assessments, awareness and screening activities. Popular pharmaceutical companies, corporate organizations and public health promoting agencies contribute to this CSR activity. The health camp has also extended the vision of Ethical Organ Donation of SUIT by Dr Adeeb-Ul Hasan Rizvi and Nutritional Development of HANDS by Dr A.Gaffar Billoo.
More than 1800 visitors attended the Health Assessment Camp.
Series of Health Management Poster Conventions Twice a Year
- MHM Department is known for organizing its Signature health management poster conventions twice a year since 2013, at the IoBM. The activity is meant to highlight the future role of health management in healthcare sector of Pakistan through hard core industry research conducted by Health Management Students of MHM program.
- The convention invites the top healthcare leaders of the country to discuss the future resource management and business challenges of healthcare industry in Pakistan.
- This event aids in showcasing of the strategic and analytical skills of the MBA MHM students studying in the program who demonstrated these skills through poster exhibition, based on the model of experiential learning.
- These students are already practicing physicians, dental surgeons, pharmacists and allied health care professionals working at different levels within public and private healthcare domains.
Nominated as Judge for Inter University Declamation Contest (English) organized by HEC
(Thursday 5th May 2016 at Indus University, Karachi)
The Higher Education Commission organizes the All Pakistan Inter-University Declamation Contest for Award of “Allama Iqbal Shield” as a regular annual activity to promote Communication Skills and Critical Thinking as well as tolerance, nonviolence, and respect for others point of view amongst university students.
- Post Graduate Trainee RMO in Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- Expertise in clinical and managerial skills related to Medicine & Pathology, Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- Trained and taught paramedical staff about handling different Gynae/Obstetric emergencies
- Experience in minor and major surgical procedures in general Surgery, Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- MHM Department is actively engaged in meaningful extracurricular activities at IoBM, through its student’s body CBM SOCIETY OF HEALTH MANAGERS (CSHM) and has proven track records to amalgamate both the health academic sector to work for collaborative objectives for mutual benefit of health care.
- As an adolescent player captain of college baseball and used to be a debate competition champion in many contests.
- Awarded the Best Firer (M 1 Grenade rifle) of the Govt. Science College while studying in intermediate.
- Crowned the “May Queen” once, in a beauty contest held at Karachi Gymkhana. This is a social / friendly event conducted in MAY every year.
- Bicycling AND Swimming and are the long term and current hobbies
Dr. Humeira Jawed Abidi
Dr. Humeira Jawed Abidi Holds an MBA (Health Management) from IoBM and MBBS from Sindh Medical University. Dr. Humeira Jawed Abidi has worked in the Clinical Trial Unit of the Aga Khan University Hospital and Glaxo Smith-Kline in the area of Product Management. Dr. Humeira Jawed Abidi is also the former President of CBM Society of Health Managers (CSHM). Dr. Humeira is a Certified Master Trainer in Faculty Professional Development Program (MT FPDP) from the Higher Education Commission, Pakistan and under the same; Dr. Humeira Jawed Abidi has also been certified from Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand for an advanced program on ‘Ensuring Training Effectiveness for MT FPDP’. At present, Dr. Humeira Jawed Abidi is enrolled in PhD Program at IoBM.
- MPhil, Business Management, Institute of Business Management (IoBM), (ongoing).
- MBA, Health and Hospital Management, Institute of Business Management, Karachi, 2010.
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery, (MBBS), Sindh Medical College, Karachi, 2004.
Training and Development
- Certified Master Trainer from the Higher Education Commission, Islamabad in areas of Faculty Professional Development (MT FPDP).
- Certified Master Trainer in Training Effectiveness from Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangkok. Thailand.
- Conducted a series of trainings for faculty professional development under IoBM
- Faculty Professional Development Program in Innovative Teaching Techniques and Teaching as a Profession, 2013-2014 at the Institute of Business Management.
- Training for General Practitioners in Clinical Professional Management under the banner of PharmEvo, 2014.
- Training of sales field force in sales call planning, interpersonal communication skills, personal development, stress management and literature detailing at GlaxoSmithKline, Pakistan.
Senior Faculty, Health and Hospital Management, IoBM, Karachi.
- Teaching & training MBA students in fields of Health & Hospital Management courses at IoBM–
- Primary Health Care, Research and Survey Methodology and Organizational Behavior.
- Capacity building and professional counseling of Health Managers in fields of Hospital
- Administration, Pharmaceutical Management and Health Services Administration.
- Adviser to student based activity society – CBM Society of Health Managers
- Assisting the program Head of Department in administrative tasks and responsibilities in developing departmental SOPs and policies.
- Coordinating students’ final MBA thesis and research dissertations.
- Active member of the Board of Studies for Curriculum development of the MBA Health Management Program.
- Worked at GlaxoSmithKline, Pakistan and handled product management duties of 4 strategic brands:
- Avodart (Dutasteride) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Seroxat (Paroxetine) for co morbid Anxiety and Depression
- Zofran 4mg (Ondansetron) for Post Operative Nausea and Vomiting
- Motival (Fluphenazine & Notriptyline) for mixed Anxiety and Depression
- Integrated marketing, sales, finance, medical, production, distribution, demand, budgeting and forecasting etc. of product portfolios including training and development of field force.
- Conducted multi city events, programs and symposiums for disease awareness, product promotion and education of practitioners to enhance their disease management skills. Built liaisons with key external experts, doctors and health societies to increase product/company affiliation. Developed marketing plans and strategies for positioning and penetration of products into disease area markets and customers.
Clinical Trial Unit and Radiation Oncology, Aga Khan University Hospital.
- Worked at the Aga Khan Hospital in capacity of Management Associate at the Clinical Trial Unit and coordinated multi-site or large-scale industry sponsored clinical trial research studies conducted by the principal investigator(s) at the University in support of activities that meet objectives of assigned research protocols. Helped align the research study perspective along with the institutional norms and requirements at the University with regards to Ethics, Finance, Legal and Grants.
- Responsible for maintaining, reviewing, documenting, costing and budgeting of clinical trials. Attended sponsor-investigator meetings as needed for assigned clinical trials. Understand critical detailing and policies associated with legal and ethical issues related to trials. Coordinated of multiple tasks and projects of the CRU involving the establishment of the Unit with meetings, site visits, design plans.
- Decision making on procurement of items, equipment, budgeting and staffing Attended and providing suggestions for related issues during CRU meetings with Facilities Management, Design Office, and Purchase. Developed and implemented standard operating policies and procedures (SOPs) and ensuring compliance with instituted practices.
- Involved in creating a Clinical Databank using MS Excel and SPSS Version 16 to help generate statistical inferences for Clinical Oncology studies. Assisted in streamlining informative material including pamphlets and brochures for patient Education. Participated in the monthly Quality Improvement Committee meetings and weekly departmental meetings.
- Jawed, H., Faisal, A., Emotional Intelligence and Performance of Doctors and Nurses in Karachi, Pakistan Business Review, 2013.
- Faisal, A., Ayub, N., Jawed, H., Needle Phobia in Young Adults, Pakistan Business Review, October 2013.
- Faisal, A, Hussain, N, Jawed, H, “Self-Esteem in Male and Female Patients of Facial Burn Injuries in Karachi” published in Pakistan Business Review, PBR October 2015, Volume 18.
- Clinical experience in Medicine, Surgery, Emergency, Cardiology and Medical ICU management at Jinnah Post Graduate Medical Center, Karachi.
- Roll of Honor and Distinction in Gynecology and Obstetrics, Community Medicine.
Dr. Ather Akhlaq
Dr Ather Akhlaq has done his PhD in eHealth (Health Informatics) from The University of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom. He is currently working in IoBM as an Assistant Professor of eHealth and Health and Hospital Management. He did his MPhil of Management (Information Systems) and also received his degree in Master of Computer Science from IoBM. Dr Ather has been awarded PhD scholarship by the Higher Education Commission Pakistan for PhD from the world’s top 50 ranked universities. Also, he won Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship for his PhD.
He has been associated with IoBM as a faculty member since 2010 and actively participated in research and administrative work. He has published many research papers in international journals with high impact factor and H-indexed value. His research interests are health information management, health information exchange, use of open source health technologies, online social media and digital commerce.
Dr Ather has participated in many international conferences and presented his work mainly in the University of Oxford and The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
Before joining IoBM, he worked in Bearing Point, a multinational management and technology consultant organisation, as a senior management analyst.
- Ph.D. – eHealth (Health Information Exchange), The University of Edinburgh (2016)
- M.Phil. – Management (Digital Commerce), Institute of Business Management (2011)
- MCS – Networks and Communications, Institute of Business Management (2005)
- DIT – Diploma in Information Technology, Informatics, NCC UK certified (2001)
- B.Com. – University of Karachi (2000)
- Researcher – University of Central Lancashire, England, July – October 2016
- Teaching Assistant – The University of Edinburgh, Scotland, January – March 2016
- Researcher – The University of Edinburgh, Scotland, May – July 2014 / July – August 2015
- Senior Lecturer – Institute of Business Management, September 2013- 2016
- Lecturer – Institute of Business Management, May 2011- August 2013
- Instructor – Institute of Business Management, January 2010-2011
- Senior Management Analyst – Bearing Point US, November 2008 – June 2009
- Sales and Operations Executive – Feroze Traders, February 2004 – June 2008
- Tutor – Private, 2000 – 2016
- Review of evidence on the nature and prevalence of child abuse in Scotland, with specific reference to the abuse of children in residential and foster care.
- Market research/consultancy on Lower Back Pain digital solutions (such as mobile apps), in association with Digital Health Institute (DHI) Scotland, University of Glasgow and The University of Edinburgh.
- Systematic review for the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI) investigating the relationship between influenza and asthma.
- Customers’ Preferences for Different Car Brands – Toyota Indus Motors (Institute of Business of Management)
- Health Management Information Systems
- Advance Qualitative Research
- Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analysis
- Capstone Research Project – I
- Capstone Research Project – II
- Internet Banking
- College Algebra
- Introduction to Statistics
- Inferential Statistics
- Catherine’s College, University of Oxford, England – “Intentions Towards Online Shopping: A Pakistan Based Study”.
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Scotland – “Health information exchange and its barriers and facilitators in low- and middle-income countries: key healthcare stakeholders’ perceptions from Pakistan”.
- Akhklaq A, Sheikh A, Pagliari C. Health information exchange as a complex and adaptive construct: scoping review. J Innov Health Inform. 2016;23(4):633–683.
- Akhlaq A, Sheikh A, Pagliari C. Defining health information exchange: scoping review of published definitions. J Innov Health Inform. 2016;23(4): 684-764.
- Lorraine Radford, Steven Dodd, Christine Barter, Nicky Stanley and Ather Akhlaq, The abuse of children in care in Scotland: A research review. Scottish Child Abuse Inquiry, 25/01/2017, 1-126
- Akhlaq, Ather; McKinstry, Brian, Muhammad, Khalid B; Sheikh, Aziz (2016) Barriers and facilitators to health information exchange in low- and middle-income country settings: a systematic review, Health Policy and Planning fist published online May 16, 2016 doi:10.1093/heapol/czw056.
- Akhlaq, Ather. and Ahmed, Ejaz (2016) Gender differences among online shopping factors in Pakistan, Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies 7(1), 74-89.
- Akhlaq, Ather; Sheikh, Aziz; Pagliari, Claudia, (2015) Barriers and facilitators to health information exchange in low-and middle-income country settings: a systematic review protocol, Journal of Innovation in Health Informatics 22 (2), 284-292.
- Akhlaq, Ather and Ahmed, Ejaz, (2015) Digital commerce in emerging economies: factors associated with online shopping intentions in Pakistan, International Journal of Emerging Markets, 10(4), 634-647.
- Akhlaq, Ather and Ahmed, Ejaz (2104) Online Shopping: A Global Perspective. Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research 4(5)153-160.
- Akhlaq, Ather and Ahmed, Ejaz, (2013) The Effect of Motivation on Trust in the Acceptance of Internet Banking in a Low Income Country, International Journal of Bank Marketing, 31(2), 115-125.
- Akhlaq, Ather and Shah, Assadullah. (2011) Internet Banking in Pakistan: Finding Complexities. Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, 16(1), 1-14.
- Akhlaq, Ather and Ahmed, Ejaz (2011) Intention Towards Online Shopping: A Pakistan Based Study”, UK Academy for Information Systems Conference Proceedings 2011. Paper 1. (UKAIS conference Oxford University UK. ISBN: 978-0-9560272-2-1)
- Akhlaq, Ather (2009) SWOT Analysis of the Textile Industry of Pakistan, Pakistan Textile
HONORS & AWARDS
- Higher Education Commission Pakistan PhD Scholarship
- Edinburgh Global Research PhD Scholarship
Abdur Rahman Aleemi
Abdur Rahman Aleemi is Senior Lecturer and Research Consultant to the MHM Research Cell (MRC) at the department of Health & Hospital Management. He currently holds an M.Phil. from IQRA University and MBA from Virtual University of Pakistan in Finance. He is also pursuing his PhD in Business Management from IoBM, where his research interests fall in the area of integration between Prospect Theory and portfolio theory. Mr. Aleemi possesses more than seven years of diversified experience of industry and academia. He has served both in academia and industry at different positions for various projects and responsibilities. He is an experienced researcher and consultant in the field of Islamic and Conventional Finance, Economics, Management, Operations and Health Management. He has published several research papers in HEC recognized peer reviewed journals and has also presented his research work in several national and international conferences. Last but not the least, He is also leading Capstone Projects in various fields at IoBM..
|Ph.D||Business Management (In Progress)||Institute of Business Management|
|M.Phil.||Finance||IQRA University Karachi (2014)|
|MBA||Finance||Virtual University of Pakistan (2011)|
|B.Sc.||Bio and Chemistry||University of Malakand (2006)|
|Senior Lecturer & Consultant MRC||CBM, IoBM||August – 2016 till Date|
|Lecturer/Research Associate||Institute of Business & Technology-Karachi||June – 2014 till April – 2016|
|Visiting Faculty||IQRA University, Main Campus Karachi||Spring – 2015 till Summer – 2016|
|Visiting Faculty||KASBIT, Main Campus Karachi||Spring -2015 till Summer -2016|
|Visiting Faculty||Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science & Technology||Fall -2015|
|Manager Finance and Operations||Sadaf Enterprises Karachi||May-2010 – May-2014|
- Research Methods, Quantitative Analysis, Economic Modelling, Financial Economics, Corporate Finance, Equity Pricing.
- Economics, Corporate Finance, Equity Pricing, Islamic Banking & Finance, Banking Regulations and Franchise Value, Behavioral Finance, Market Micro Structures, Market Power, Market Discipline Health Economics and Advance Quantitative Modelling
- Vijay Kumar (2014): Impact of Financial Leverage on Firms’ Investment Decisions: Evidence from Pakistan’s Banking Sector
- Muhammad Tariq (2014): Effects of Psychological Problems of IDPs of North Waziristan on Local Community
- Hina Khaliqui (2016): Challenges and Barriers in Seeking Primary Healthcare Services in Slums of Karachi.
- Hani Zahid (2016): Assessing Parental Stress in Raising Children with Special Needs: Perspectives from Pakistan
- Hina Shahid (2016): Occupational Hazards among Healthcare Workers in Karachi.
- Umair Ahmed (2014): The Determinants of Customer Preferences towards Microfinance Services: A C Assessing Parental Perspective from Pakistan
- Urwat Ul Wusqa (2017): Risk Factors Associated with Pathological Internet Use Among University and the Role of Cognitive Distortion: The Case of Pakistan
- Ahmed, U, Aleemi, A, Wasim, M, Saeed, F. (2017). The Determinants of Customer Preference towards Microfinance Services: A Consumer Perspective from Pakistan. IBT-Journal of Business Studies (Forthcoming).
- Aleemi, A., Tariq, M., & Ahmed, S. (2016). The Role of Gold Prices, Exchange Rate andInterest Rate on the Continuity of Inflation in Pakistan. Pakistan Business Review, 18(1),37-54.
- Dashti, J., Aleemi, A., & Tariq, M. (2016). Effects of Intellectual Capital Information Disclosure on Market Capitalization: Evidence from Pakistan. City University Research Journal, 6(1), 191-203.
- Khan, U., Aleemi, A., & Qureshi, M. (2016). Is Economic Value Added More Associated With Stock Price Than Accounting Earnings? Evidence from Pakistan. City University Research Journal, 6(2), 1-1.
- Aleemi, A., & Azam, M. (2015). The Nexus of Financial Deepening, Economic Growth and Poverty: The Case of Pakistan. Business Review, 10(2), 64-79.
- Kumar, V., Aleemi, A., & Ali, A. (2015). The Determinants of Systematic Risk: Empirical Evidence from Pakistan’s Banking Sector. Global Management Journal for Academic &Corporate Studies, 5(1), 142-150.
- Aleemi, A., Chaudhry, M., Qureshi, M., Tahir, H., & Anwar, R. (2015). Psychological Vulnerabilities of Internally Displaced Persons in Pakistan and its Effects on General Community. IBT Journal of Business Studies, 11(2), 01-15.
- Tariq, M., Aleemi, A., Lakhani, K., &Iqbal, A. (2015). Investigating the Role of Microfinance on Economic and Social Development: A Case Study of Rural Areas of Sind, Pakistan. IBT Journal of Business Studies, 11(2), 182-199.
- Aleemi, A., Tariq, M., & Ahmed, S. (2015). Foreign Direct Investment and Export Performance of Pakistan: The Cointegration and Causality approach. IBT Journal of Business Studies, 11(1), 01-11.
- Tariq, M., Aleemi, A., & Ahmed, S. (2015). Exploring the Evidence on Changes in Time Varying Volatility Around Bonus and Right Issue: A Study Based on KSE. IBT Journal of Business Studies, 11(1), 67-81.
- Tariq, M., Aleemi, A., Qureshi, M., & Shakri, I. (2015). Role of Microfinance Providers (MFPs) on the Economic and Social Welfare of the People in Pakistan. Journal of Business Strategies, 9(2), 33-46.
- Ali, A., Aleemi, A., Tariq, M., Lakhani, K, H. (2014). Effects of Foreign Direct Investment on Economic Growth: Empirical Evidence from Pakistan. IBT-Journal of Business Studies 10(2).
Manuscripts Unpublished/Under Review
- Aleemi, A., & Azam, M. The Integration among Financial Markets of Pakistan: New Extensions and Evidence from Bounds Testing and TYDL Granger Non-Causality Approach. (Under Review)
- Uddin, I., Aleemi, A., AsadUllah, M. The Fallacy of Conventional Benchmarks in Islamic Banking and Finance: Defining, Defending and Discussing with Evidence from Archival Data. (Under Review).
- Iqbal, A., Aleemi, A., Zeeshan, M., Tariq, M. Funds Induction, Flows and Family Growth: The Dynamics of Asset Management Companies. (Under Review)
- Aleemi, A. Corporate Governance and Firm Performance: Moderating Role of Directors’ Demographic Characteristics (Under Review)
- Kumar, V., Aleemi, A., AsadUllah, M. Financial Leverage and Its Effects on Firms’ Investment Decisions: Empirical Evidence from Pakistan’s Banking Sector. (Under Review)
- Aleemi, A. The Saga of Development and the Quest Towards De-Development: Ethical Choices (Under Review)
- Qureshi, M, A., Aleemi, A., Rathor, J, H. Authentic Leadership and Job Satisfaction: Measuring the Mediating Role of Affective Organizational Commitment in Healthcare sector of Pakistan. (Under Review)
- Hanif, M., Aleemi, A., Qureshi, M, A. The Importance of Being First in Pharmaceutical Market (Under Review)
- Sensitivity of Islamic Financing towards Monetary Policy Shocks and Real Economic Determinants: A Structural VAR and Innovation Accounting Approach. (Presented at KASBIT Research Conference, (KRC-2016), at Shiekh Zayed Islamic Center- Karachi, 21-23rd December, 2016.
- The Saga of Development and the Quest towards De-Development: Ethical Choices (Presented at International Conference on Innovations and Emerging Trends in Business Management (ICIEBM-2016), held at IQRA University, Karachi, 4-5th June-2016.
- Investigating the Mediating and Moderating Effects of Financial Herding and the Patterns of Interdependence between Stock and Bond Market: A Conceptual Framework. (Presented at 1stNational Research Conference on Business Management (NRCBM-16), held at PAF-KIET, Karachi, 6-7 March, 2016.
- The Integration among Financial Markets of Pakistan: New Extensions and Evidence from Bounds Testing and TYDL Granger Non-Causality Approach. Presented at the “International Conference on Management, Education and Social Sciences Research (ICMESSR) on 4-5 April-2015.
- The Nexus between FDI and SME’s Growth: Empirical Evidence from Pakistan. Presented at the “Bahria University National Conference (BUNC-2015), on 16-17 April-2015.
- Financial Leverage and its Effects on Firms’ Investment Decisions: Empirical Evidence from Pakistan’s Banking Sector. Presented at South Asian International Conference (SAICON-2015) August 19-21.
- Meritocracy in Education: A Major Cause of Social Unrest in Pakistan. Presented at South Asian International Conference (SAICON-2015) August 19-21.
- Nexus between Currency Exchange Rates and Trade Balance: A Study Based on Marshal-Lerner Framework. Presented at South Asian International Conference (SAICON-2015) August 19-21.
- The Saga of Development and the Quest towards De-Development: Is it a Choice? (Presented at 1st MUST-ICBMR 2015 at Mirpur University of Science and Technology, October 29-30.
- Investigating the Mediating and Moderating Effects of Financial Herding and the Patterns of Interdependence between Stock and Bond Market: A Conceptual Framework. (Presented at 7th National Conference on Management & Social Sciences (NACOMSS-2015), held at Institute of Business & Technology, 12th December.
Reviewer & Editorship
Editor Palgo Journal of Business Management
Reviewer ICMA Research Journal
Reviewer International Journal of Social Economics
Reviewer Asian Conference on Ethics, Religion and Philosophy, (ACERP-2016), Kobe, Japan
Dr. Gazan Bozai
Head of Management and HRM Department, and Director, Emotional Intelligence, Engagement, and Leadership Research Center
Counseling Hours: Mon – Thurs
9:00 – 10:00 am (or by appointment)
Dr. Gazan Bozai has been an executive coach, an advisor to CEOs and leadership and engagement consultant in North America for the last 25+ years. As the CEO of Soft Skills Development Institute International (SSDII) based in Washington D.C., he has provided coaching, consulting and management training to a broad spectrum of companies and organizations ranging from multinationals to public/government entities. Dr. Bozai has held faculty positions at The University of Oklahoma (USA), Colorado State University (USA), and East Carolina University (USA). He was the Chancellor’s Leadership Fellow and the Director of Human Factors Lab at East Carolina University where he was instrumental in designing leadership program for various divisions and the development of a student leadership program for the high achievers (Honors class). Dr. Bozai has held executive positions in the corporate sector and was the Senior Vice President for a large engineering firm in USA. He is certified in axiology, human behavior, motivation, and emotional intelligence. His consulting practice is focused on assessing individual’s and organizational strengths, creating alignment between organizational mission and individual/team’s passion, enhancing level of engagement and organizational effectiveness, talent management and leadership development. Dr. Bozai is passionate about helping individuals and organizations reach their full potential and designs and implements customized interventions using emotional intelligence and axiology tools. He conducts workshops on topics pertaining to employee engagement, on-boarding, creating synergistic environments, culture transformation, and leadership. He has been a frequent speaker at national and international conferences. Dr. Bozai has delivered lectures to various universities in Pakistan upon the invitation of their respective Vice Chancellors on topics pertaining to best practices in higher education and the integration of emotional intelligence in academia. He was invited by the Secretary, Ministry of Science and Technology, Islamabad to deliver lecture to a team of CEOs of research organizations in Pakistan. Dr. Bozai has conducted training session for faculty development at Higher Education Commission (HEC), Islamabad on topic of integrating emotional intelligence in academia. Dr. Bozai holds a Bachelor of Engineering (civil) degree from NED Engineering University and a MS and Ph.D. from Auburn University, USA.
|Ph.D. (Organizational Development)||Auburn University, USA|
|M.S. (Engineering Management)||Auburn University, USA|
|B.E. (Civil Engineering)||NED University (6th position out of 240)|
- Certified Professional Behavioral Analyst
- Certified Professional Values Analyst
- Certified TriMetrix Analyst
- Certified Emotional Intelligence Analyst
- Executive Coach Training (2 years) – Corporate Coach University
Numerous presentations at national and international conferences and also as a guest speaker at various professional association meetings.
Bozai, G., “Impact of Behavioral Interaction on Project Delays in Construction,” Third International Conference on Construction in Developing Countries,” Bangkok, Thailand, July 4-6, 2012.
Bozai. G. and Ahmed, S.M., “Human Factors and Competencies for Effective Construction Management,” International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering,
Vol. 04, No. 06 (2011).
Bozai, G., Connell, E., and Panthi, K., “Assessment and Implications of Thinking Styles of Construction Management Students,” CIB W107 Innovation and Sustainable Construction in Developing Countries, Hanoi, Vietnam, November 1-3, 2011.
Panthi. K., Ahmed, S.M., and Bozai, G., “Use of Human Factor Analysis and Classification System (HFACS) Framework for Assessing Tower Crane Safety in Construction Sites,” Sixth International Conference on Construction in the Twenty-First Century (CITC-VI), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, July 3-5, 2011.
Badar, Affan and Bozai, G., “Importance and Benefits of Engineering Economy in Construction Management Curriculum,” Sixth International Conference on Construction in the Twenty-First Century (CITC-VI), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, July 3-5, 2011.
Bozai, Gazan, “Challenges Faced by CM Education and Profession in the 21st Century,” Second International Conference on Construction In Developing Countries, Cairo, Egypt, August 3-5, 2010.
Bozai, Gazan, “Emotional Intelligence Based Leadership Development Model for Construction Industry,” Second International Conference on Construction In Developing Countries, Cairo, Egypt, August 3-5, 2010.
Syal, M., Christofferson, J., Bozai, G. “Development of Specialization in Undergraduate Curriculum Through Senior Level Capstone Courses,” ASC Proceedings of the 31st Annual Conference, Tempe, Arizona, April 1995.
Zaman, M., Bozai, G. et al. “Expert Systems in Transportation Engineering,” Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on the Applications of AI in Civil and Structural Engineering, Edinburgh, UK, August 17-19, 1993.
Designed and delivered seminar/workshops and retreats on strategic matters pertaining to Leadership Development and Employee Engagement. Some sample workshop/seminar topics include:
- Unlock Behavior, Unleash Profits
- EQ Based Leadership Development Program
- Employee Engagement
- Developing Conflict Management Competencies
- Dynamic Communication
- Stress Assessment and Management Techniques
- On-boarding Employees & Managing Talent
- Foundations of Success
- Developing and Leading a Synergistic Team
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Execution – The Secret Sauce
- Member Association for Talent Development (ATD), previously known as ASTD
- Member American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Served as Secretary for the National Committee for ASCE Construction Equipment & Techniques
Abdul Qadir Molvi
Abdul Qadir Molvi has specialized in sales management training, marketing and strategy for corporate clients. He has earned a professional diploma in International Trade and Commerce from UC Berkeley, (USA), MBA (IBA), and BSc from the University of Karachi. He has over 33 years marketing experience of pharmaceutical and consumer products with leading MNCs. He was elected to the Council of the Marketing Association of Pakistan (1996-98) and served as its Vice President in 1998. He has also been invited to lecture on international marketing to the classes of Brand Management 1999 at Fullerton College, California, USA. He has recently completed his MPhil in Business Management at IoBM.
He is professional turned academics. Work with Beecham Pakistan (Pvt)Ltd and SmithKline Beecham in senior management position in sales and marketing department.(experience from grass level to the board level activities).
- M.Phil (Business Management), IoBM.
- B.Sc, M.B.A, Diploma in International & Commerce (UC Berkeley, USA).
1965 to 2000: 34+ year experience of Pharmaceutical sales, marketing , and Management. National Sales Manager (Pharmaceuticals & Consumer Products) Beecham Pakistan (Pvt) Ltd, National Sales Manager SmithKline Beecham, Marketing Services Manager and Demand Manger Smith Kline Beecham, Member -Supply Chain Management Team for Middle East and Africa Region.
|2014-Continue||Head: Management/HR Department||Institute of Business Management|
|2006-2013||Senior Fellow||Institute of Business Management|
|2002-2006||Adjunct & Visiting Faculty||Institute of Business Administration, Mohammad Ali Jinnah University, & PAF-KIET|
|2000-2001||Senior Fellow||Institute of Business Management|
|1999-2000||Adjunct Faculty||IBA, Karachi / Hamdard University|
|1997-1998||Visiting Faculty||Hamdard University|
- Pharmaceutical Management, Sales Management, Entrepreneurship
- Performance Appraisal
- Performance Appraisal’s Characteristics and the Influence on Sales Force Satisfaction in Karachi’s Pharmaceutical Industry Marketing Review Q1-2017
- Molvi. A.Q., Saba Gulzar, Syeda Nadia Bukhari, M. Aijaz Rasheed (2016) Biographical Variable’s Input on Pharmaceutical’s Sales Person’s Job Satisfaction, 1st International Conference on Business, Economics &Education Management Local, Regional & Global Perspective (ICBEM), Sukkur IBA
- Molvi. A.Q. and Rauf.A; (2016) “Entrepreneurial Inclination of Students of a Leading Business School of Karachi”. Submitted in PBR and in second review process.
- Abdul Qadir Molvi and Muhammad Aijaz Rasheed, 2013, “Impact of Performance Appraisal’s Characteristics on Sales Persons’ Job Satisfaction: A Comparative study of multinational companies And Local Pharmaceutical Companies in Pakistan”. The proceedings of International Research Conference on Contemporary Management Practices, “Lahore University of Management Sciences, Lahore Pakistan.”
- Sales Force Satisfaction in Pharmaceutical industry at Karachi, Vol 14, No.1, Pakistan Business Review.(PBR)
- 3-AQ Molvi, 2012, Performance Appraisal Characteristics and Its Impact on Sales
- 2-AQ Molvi and Maqsood Ahmed, 2010, Economic and Social impact of Planned Pri-Urban dairy Industry and its ecological concerns at Landhi Cattle Colony.
- Q. Molvi, 2001, Physicians’ Evaluation of Pharmaceutical Companies in the Karachi Market 2001” Volume 3, Number 4, 2002, Pakistan Business Review(PBR)
- 1st International Conference on Business, Economics & Education Management Local, Regional, and Global Perspective held on December 15 -16, 2016
- Conducted 3 hours session on, “Professional Presentation Skills” at the “Trainers Training” at Institute of Cost, Management Accountants of Pakistan in November 2016.
- Impact of Performance Appraisals, Characteristics on Sales Persons’ Job Satisfaction: A comparative study of multinational companies and local companies -2nd International Research Conference on Contemporary Management Practices, LUMS, Lahore Pakistan -2013
- The 2nd Sindh International Conference 2010
- 3rd Mathematical Colloquium, IoBM, 2008
- Team Building Seminar(Production Staff) , PharmEvo, —2008
- Management Development Training (Four Courses) for Population Welfare Wing, Govt of Pakistan 2006-07
- Changing Role of Sales Force in the Pharma Industry–Pharmacol 2004
- Coaching Skills Seminar – PharmEvo Company, 2001
- Export Marketing Seminar, IBA Karachi 2002
- Export Pharmaceuticals Marketing – 2 Day Seminar for SMEDA. 2002
- Professional Selling Skills Course for Pharmaceutical Sales force, BSC (now Management Excellence Center) –2001
- International Brand Management, Fullerton University College, County, California USA.(two lectures)— 2000
Honors and Awards
- Council Member, Marketing Association of Pakistan 1996-1998
- Vice-President, Marketing Association of Pakistan 1998
- President, Rotary Club of Karachi East 2007-08
- Member Board of Studies PAF-KIET 2004-2006
- District Chairman,Formal Education, Literacy & Education, Rotary District 3271(Pakistan), 2010-2011
- Art and Craft of Leadership, 2008,Harvard Business School, USA
“Rotary International has introduced a Polio Plus Memorial Scholarship (PPMS) to recognize frontline life care workers, some who have sacrificed their lives carrying out polio immunization and other health based activities“.
The PPMS scholarship programme is US$9000/- in the field of public health from recognized universities of Pakistan. Memorial Scholarship Committee to oversee selection on merit basis comprises of:
PDG Syed Shahab Balkhi – Chair
PDG Hidayatullah Khan
PP Satwat Butt
PP Abdul Qadir Molvi
PP Kamal Siddiqui”
- Member “NADI water filter systems” installation in the villages around Mirpur Khas. Objective: 200 units to be installed by June 2017 at cost of Rs.400,000 contributed by Rotary Club of Karachi East members.
- Polio Coordinator Ulema Committee , Pakistan, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Industry Engagements
- Strategic Human Resource Society, USA
- Rotary Club of Karachi East
- President Rotary Club of Karachi East 2008
- Chairman, Higher Education Committee, Rotary Dist 271
- Life Member Marketing Association of Pakistan
Javaid Ahmed is Sr. Fellow Strategy and Innovation and has been Chairperson of the departments of Marketing and Management-HRD at CBM from 2003 to 2015. He is a (IFC) Certified Board Director, FCMI-Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (UK), FCIM-Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (UK), Member of Mensa and a UK Chartered Engineer. He has a MBA with Distinction from Lancaster University Management School where his empirical research was awarded 1st prize by the now Chartered Management Institute, and a BSc Engineering from King’s College, London. He brings to academia over 28 years of a successful top management career with the multinational health care industry including over a decade in Switzerland, Malaysia and the Philippines. He is the recipient of the 2013 Faculty Excellence Award of the International Association of Universities Presidents and has served on the Jury of the Prime Ministers’ Corporate Award of Excellence. By invitation, he was admitted in 2016 to the Academic Union, Oxford.
Javaid is case research active in competitive strategy and value innovation, has supervised CBM’s MPhil research and taught the pre-doctoral course on strategy and governance at IoBM. He has written two research based dissertations, published sixteen papers and articles and delivered twenty six selected professional presentations and workshops. Javaid says he is a facilitator, not a teacher nor an entertainer. A great believer in collaborative learning, his sessions engage participants in reflection and action leading to practical knowledge and skills.
He says he has had his share of disappointments.
Interests and Activities
Hobbies: Reading, golf, swimming and traveling.
School: Captain of Tennis team and secretary of Tennis Club. Tennis Doubles championship and debating champion. School monitor.
University: Tennis and Hockey.
Married, two children (independent professionals).
- FCMI – Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute,UK
- FCIM – Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing,UK
- Faculty Achievement Award for “extraordinary achievement in curriculum development and teaching for impact on society and industry”. International Association of University Presidents (IAUP), 2013.
- Member of the 3-person Jury of the EFP Prime Ministers’ Corporate Award of Excellence, 2011.
- IFC Certified Trainer: Corporate Governance Board Leadership, 2011.
- PICG Certified Board Director (IFC Accredited), 2010.
- MBA Business 1976 (HEC MPhil equivalence), LANCASTER University Management School, UK. Empirical Research Dissertation awarded 1st prize by the British Institute of Management (now the Chartered Management Institute): citation “the most meritorious student” (School rated # 1 in World in Strategy in 2015& # 1 in Marketing in UK).
- BSc Eng (Mech/Industrial Engineering, Management& Law). 1973 UNIVERSITY of LONDON, King’s College. (QS Ranking 2016, # 19 in the world)
- Member of International MENSA.
- By Invitation, admitted to the Academic Union, Oxford “for consistent activities in research, education and education management and innovative development of modern society”, 2016.
Statement of Research Interest
- Active in field researched, case study capture in Competitive Strategy, Market Value Innovation.
- Empirical research on effectiveness of adult learning pedagogies.
Publications / Conferences / Dissertations
- Ahmed, Javaid, et. al. (2017), Strategy for Developing a Sustainable Capital Market. Researched Case Study on The Central Depository Company (CDC) of Pakistan. Accepted as full paper presentation at the 29th IBIMA International Conference, May 2017, Vienna, Austria. Indexed by Thomas Reuters, ISI and Scopus. ISBN: 978-0-9860419-7-6.
- Ahmed, Javaid; Kothari; Gul (2015). Blue Ocean Strategy Implementation. 5th Asian Management and Case Research Conference, Jan 2016, University of Wollongong/LUMS/IIM in Dubai.
- Ahmed, Javaid & Raza, Amber (2015). Learning by the Case Method in Management Education. 1st National Research Conference, ASMMR, Islamabad.
- NBEAC – HEC 2nd Deans & Directors Conference, Building Bridges and Fostering Collaborations in Business Education, Feb 2015, Karachi.
- Ahmed, Javaid; Qureshi, Zafar (2013). Organizational Transformation Challenges at the State Bank of Pakistan (A), (B), (C). Asian Journal of Management Cases, 10(1) 35-75, March 2013. Sage Publications, SJR Score = 0.133, H-Index = 1.
- Ahmed, Javaid (2011). A Roadmap for Academic Governance. 22nd International Conference on Higher Education (ICHE), Ankara, Bilkent University, Turkey, June 2011.
- Ahmed, Javaid (2010) Issue paper on Corporate Governance, Strategy and Competitiveness presented at the 1st National Conference on Corporate Governance, Karachi.
- Ahmed, Javaid & Maqbool, Yasir (2010). Tameer Microfinance Bank: Strategy & Competitiveness. 1st National Conference on Corporate Governance and Strategy, Institute of Business Management, Management Association of Pakistan.
- Ahmed, Javaid (2009). Creating Competitive Advantage: A researched Case Study – Blue Angel Pencils. Pakistan Business Review 2009. Presented at the 2nd International Conference on Sindh, Jan. 2010: Enhancing Firm Level Competitiveness.
- Ahmed, Javaid et al. (2009), Researched case study on Strategic Management practices in PSO. Pakistan Business Review Vol 11, No. 2, July 2009.
- Ahmed, Javaid (2009). Corporate Governance. Pakistan Business Review, Vol 11, No. 1, April 2009
- Ahmed, Javaid (2007). A Quality Model Framework for Higher Education. Pakistan Business Review, Vol. 8, No. 4, Jan 07. Presented at the 11th International Conference on Quality Improvement,
- Ahmed, Javaid; Khan, Sadia (2006) State Bank of Pakistan: A Model for Public Sector Transformation. Researched Case Study, 1st Tripartite Conference Banking-Academia-Industry.
- Ahmed, Javaid (2004). Learning Organizations. Conference on Future of Management Education in Pakistan, Association of Management Development Institutions in Pakistan (AMDIP), Sheraton, Karachi.
- Ahmed, Javaid, et al. (2003). Marketing strategy of KSE quoted pharmaceutical MNCs. National Industry Conference. Pakistan Business Review, Vol. 5, No. 3, October 2003.
- Ahmed, Javaid (1978). A New Frontier in Management Control, Pakistan Management Review, Pakistan Institute of Management. Prize winning paper.
- Ahmed, Javaid (1978). Production and Distribution Management Systems, Internal Paper – Board of Industrial Management, Pakistan.
- Ahmed, Javaid (1978). Management Information Systems, Internal paper – Board of Industrial Management.
- Ahmed, Javaid (1976). Dissertation on Economic forecasting/Investment decision analysis and the treatment of risk and uncertainty. University of Lancaster, School of Management and Organizational Sciences, UK: Dissertation awarded first prize by the British Institute of Management.
- Ahmed, Javaid (1975). Finance and Technology – published paper, Investment and Marketing, March 1975.
- Ahmed, Javaid (1974). A Study of the worlds’ Motor Industry – published research paper, Trade and Industry, Feb 1974.
- Ahmed, Javaid (1973). Dissertation on the Application of the Scientific Method for the selection of personnel in industry. University of London, Kings College.
- Ahmed, Javaid (1968). What, How and Why – published collection of debates and speeches. Karachi Grammar School.
Research Grants and Contracts
- Led the IoBM team with a research grant of Rs. 2.3 million from Indus Motors Corporation for a Market Research study April – July 2012.
- World Economic Forum, Competitiveness Support Fund: Executive Opinion survey. April 2009.
- Pilot Project: Enhancing competitiveness in 5 selected Korangi enterprises. September 2009.
- Aga Khan University: Focus group research and report for new faculty of Arts and Sciences 2006.
Other Consulting / Creative Accomplishments
- Invited speaker at SZABIST, postgrad students and faculty on Value Innovation, April 2017.
- Case Reviewer, Sage Publications (H-Indexed) Asian Journal of Management Cases, EBSCO and SCOPUS indexed.
- Management Research Reviewer, Pakistan Business Review, HEC Category X Journal.
- Invited Moderator, Panel Discussion on Women in Leadership at the 1st International Conference on Women Development, IoBM, November 2015.
- Invited Panelist: National Conference on Quality of Responsible Education in Pakistan, Oct. 2012, Karachi.
- Shaukat and Raza: Board level Strategic Planning Facilitation, Feb. 2005.
- USAID NPOs 34 man-days, 2 Consultative Workshops, Strategic Planning (April-May 2017).
- Value Innovation: 26 executive man-days Consultative Workshop, Management Association of Pakistan, March 28, 29, 2017.
- USAID Gender Equity Capacity Building Program February 2017 (35+ man-days).
- Invited Panelist to the Karachi Literature Festival, Feb. 2016. Oxford University Press Book Launch.
- Strategic Planning: USAID NPOs Management Course, October – Dec 2015, (5 workshops, 100 man-days).
- Value Innovation: Executive Workshop, Movenpick, Karachi May 2014.
- Blue Ocean Strategy: Executive Workshop, Carlton Resort, Karachi May 2013, MEC/MAP.
- Leadership: USAID NPOs Management Course, February 2013.
- Strategic Planning: USAID NPOs Management Course, Oct/Dec 2012 (two workshops).
- Corporate Governance and Leadership Skills; Director Certification Program, Module 3, August 2012, Karachi.
- Corporate Governance and Leadership Skills; Director Certification Program, Modules 1 and 2, July 19, 2012, Karachi.
- Blue Ocean Strategy: Executive Workshop, Carlton Resort, Karachi Jan. 2012, MEC/MAP. 28 participants.
- Moderated a 2 hour panel discussion on Strategy and Competitiveness of 5 CEOs and a Q/A session with an audience of 150.
- “Tipping Point Leadership and Fair Process” PSHRM Management and Leadership Conference, May 2010, Karachi.
- Reputational Risk Management, 4th Mathematics Colloquium on Risk Management, March 2010.
- Implementation of Pakistan Education Policy, Centre for Research in Sindh Conference, 2009.
- Leadership and Management skills: 4 days executive workshop for OGDC, Islamabad, Feb. 2009.
- “What Really Matters” presented at the 3rd International Management Conference, March 2008, Sheraton, Karachi.
- Strategic Management for GoP, Ministry of population planning, 2006
- Shaukat and Raza: Board level Strategic Planning Facilitation, Feb. 2005.
- Sales force Productivity: 2 day executive workshop, Nutshell Forum Platform, July 2005.
- Sales force Productivity: 2 day executive workshop British Council-ICI platform at the Sheraton, Karachi, Jan 2004
- Sales force Productivity: 2 day executive workshop, IoBM Platform, Oct. 2003.
- Blue Ocean Leadership Simulation. UCSI Strategy Consulting Program, May 2017, Movenpick,Karachi. A Leader Acceleration Program, UCSI (Malaysia)/Octara.
- Blue Ocean Strategy Simulation. UCSI Strategy Consulting Program, April 27-28, 2016, Movenpick,Karachi. A Leader Acceleration Program, UCSI (Malaysia)/Octara.
- Developing Aligned, Engaged & Innovative Organizations: Sean Culey, MAP, Movenpick Hotel,Karachi, Feb. 2015
- Harvard University Case Method Teaching Seminar, London, 2014
- USAID Citizens Voice Project: ToT NPO Management Course (Comsats, Islamabad, Sept 2012)
- Research Methodology, April 2012, IoBM, Karachi
- Corporate Governance & Board Leadership 2010
- CEO’s workshop: World class performance for Pakistan firms. ICI – British Council Management Development Centre, Karachi.
- Leadership for CEO’s, Pak Institute of Management
- Management Development Programme … for effective General Management, Leadership and Change. Ashridge Management College, UK.
- Leadership and Influence workshop, DDI (of USA), Manila.
- Advanced marketing of consumer health care products.
- Computer applications in senior management, Innovara (of USA). Manila.
- International Management Development Seminar, Sandoz AG., Basle, Switzerland.
- Professional Selling Skills, Sandoz in-house.
- Effective Pharmaceutical Marketing, Medical Marketing Seminar. (of Holland)
A new, MBA level-6 course, ‘Marketing Strategies & Value innovation’
was innovatively designed and delivered around a classroom ecosystem of experiential learning with a significant integrated component of project work woven through the semester:
- Brief 30 minutes lecture-discussion, on a concept, followed by its application in a group workshop format, followed by a week of field research and selected presentations the following week.
- Carefully selected case study discussions to reinforce the above.
- A researched case study output per group at end of semester.
Nameless learners feedback was sought at semester end. Some comments were as follows:
- The material and teaching methodology is explicitly excellent which has increased the knowledge and experience in terms of experiential learning
- This knowledge can be implemented very well in practical life
- Learned new things in a practical way
- It was a distinct course as compared to other marketing courses
- Teacher’s style of teaching always motivated me to come in class and participate.
Teaching pricing models in Marketing
Prices are often set to satisfy demand or to reflect the ‘value’ consumers are willing to pay for a product or service. Some people say it is unethical to sell a small bottle of water for Rs. 30, or a pair of high end joggers for Rs. 5,000 or a ticket for a dinner ball at the French beach in Karachi for Rs. 30,000.
Learners are required to take a position:
A: Prices should reflect the value that consumers are willing to pay. Verses B: Prices should primarily reflect the cost involved in making the product or service.
The class breaks up in two groups for 40 minutes. Each group takes a position A or B. If an agreement cannot be reached in 5 minutes, the instructor will toss a coin. Each group jointly AND individually prepare their position, using, if necessary, the principles of pricing out of the text book that they have reviewed earlier.
When the class reassembles, some members of each group speak alternatively for 3 to 5 mins. After these persons have has delivered their arguments, the subject will be open to the floor for discussion, questions/answers. There will be an open house vote as to which group prevailed and convinced the house.The instructor concludes with a mini 15 minutes prepared lecture highlighting the key learning points that emerged from the exercise.
Alert use for learning outcomes of ‘Good Job’ and ‘Cheer Up’ cards given for learners inputs and for bringing back the detached.
|Institute of Business Management (CBM)
Sr. Fellow/Associate Professor. (2016- )
|Chairperson, Marketing (2011-2015),
Management & HRD (2003-2011)
TEACHING: Responsible for the management of the (10+13) faculty and 26 courses of the Dept. of Marketing.
RESEARCH: One publishable research paper or case study per year. Fifteen articles/papers published including 5 case studies.
OUTREACH: Responsible as convener for the annual national marketing conference. Two (management) held to date.
Speaker, Strategy Facilitator: IoBM, British Council–ICI (Management Development Services), AKU, ICAP, Shell Tameer, GoP, Nutshell forum, SMEDA, OGDC, MAP, USAID. Developed and delivered 26 successful executive education workshops and done strategy consulting.
|MBA Program Coordinator
Undergraduate / Graduate Students:
- Honor Students: 4000+
- Graduate Students: 1200+
- Pre Doctoral MPhil: 10+
- IBIMA Publishing, International Committee Board Member. Indexed by Thomas Reuters, ISI and Scopus. ISBN: 978-0-9860419-7-6. 2017/
- Member of the University Disciplinary Committee, IoBM 2003-2015
- Member of the Convocation Committee – Valedictorian – IoBM.
- Convocation MC 2007-10, IoBM.
- Secretary to the Academic Council, IoBM, 2004-2012
- Member of the 3-person Jury of the EFP Prime Ministers’ Corporate Award of Excellence, 2011
- By Invitation, admitted to the Academic Union, Oxford “for consistent activities in research, education and education management and innovative development of modern society … “, 2016.
|May 95/Sept 01
Responsible for providing leadership to marketing, training& ETM. Accountable for the effective development of business strategy for achieving agreed volume and profit objectives. P& L responsibility for a new third party business unit.
97/96: Two new businesses, oncology and allergy established. RPR becomes the No 1 allergy co. Nasacort achieves No 1 rank 8 months after launch. Taxotere achieves 55% MS in year 1. 1998: 106% budget achieved, growth +15% (vol.). 1999: 103% budget achieved, growth +12%. Jan-Sept 2001 +36% growth (market +8%). 2001/96: RPR 5th fastest growing mnc amongst top 20.
|Jan 94/Mar 95
Group Business Director
|P&L responsibility for the mass market Sandoz priority business. Turnaround of a declining business trend achieved after six months. 1994: +13% volume growth achieved (-2% for Pharma division). First quarter 95: 118% target, +10% real growth (vs. +5% Pharma div.).|
|July 87/Dec 93
Sandoz (Philippines) Inc.
VP Marketing and Sales
Responsible for achieving growth and contribution objectives through a marketing / sales team of 111. (1994: first semester growth +30% … 5th highest in Sandoz world).
1993: 23% growth achieved of marketed products (Pharma market +8%). Group products reached 38% of business, up from 27% in 1992.
Company nominated for the 1992 Asian Management Awards for excellence in Marketing Management.
1987-92: Sandoz among top 10 fastest growing mncs in ethical market at +19% acgr. Market share increase from 1.8% (MAT June 87) to 2.1% (MAT Dec. 92) and rank from 21 to 16.
National sales Manager developed to succeed as head of marketing. Product manager developed to full level of operational expertise and subsequently promoted head PM. Sales force productivity enhancement and upgrading of sales management in place including, interalia, computerized sales operation and regional/territory P&L analysis.
During absence of General Manager, acted as head of Executive Committee.
|July 86 /June 87
Area Sales Manager
Responsible for sales management of the South Area and a 50 man team including 6 Field Managers. Results include:
|May 84 /June 86
Sandoz AG., Switzerland
Regional Product Manager
Assigned to the Sandoz Corporate headquarters in Basle for developing and implementing regional marketing programmes and LCM projects for the Asia-Pacific region:
|Jun 82 /Apr 84
Group Product Manager
Responsibilities included supervision of 3 Product Managers and new product launches. Results included:
|Oct 78 /May 81
Manager of Planning and Logistics
As part of Corporate plan team, developed a 5 year company plan, followed by business and marketing plans. As part of pricing team, negotiated a 12% price increase from drug authorities in 1981 (4% earlier in 79-80).
Designed and implemented a MRP system for inventory and working capital management. Trade service levels increased with significant reduction of working capital. Developed new Materials Manager to full level of operational expertise to succeed as Manager of Planning.
|Oct 76 /Sept 78
Pakistan Automobile Corporation, (BIM)
|Headed new projects team of largest auto company.|
|June 76 / Sept 76
James Neill (Sheffield), UK. Consultant
|Developed a market research Econometric sales forecasting model. Empirical research awarded prize by the British Institute of Management.|
Dr. Aamir Firoz Shamsi
Dr. Aamir Firoz Shamsi did his PhD in Management Science from Hamdard University, Karachi. Before this he did MS from SZABIST and earned gold Medal from Karachi University. He is HEC Registered Supervisor and Referee Panel Member in four local and international peer reviewed journals. He has 20 publications on his credentials in both local and international journals. His fields of research are management, HRM, corporate performance management and Balanced Scorecard.
HEC TRAINED TEACHER
I am HEC trained and certified instructor and completed one month long (160 hours) course of, “Professional Competency Enhancement Program for Teachers” held on June 27 to July 28, 2011
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Exam Preparatory Course, 14 September 2014, from Consak Inc. Canada.
- Lean Management Certified (LMC), 20 September 2014, Consak Inc. Canada
- 2008-2014 PhD in Management Sciences, Hamdard University Karachi.
- 1999-2002 PhD course work completed, IBA, Karachi.
- 2002-2004 MS in Management Science, SZABIST, 90 Clifton Karachi.
- 1996-1998 Master of Commerce (Finance), Karachi University (1st class first, Gold Medalist).
- 1991-1994 Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com), Government National College Karachi.
- 1987-1989 Intermediate (Pre-Medical), Government National College Karachi.
- 1984-1986 Matriculation (Science), Little Folks Secondary School Karachi.
|Jan 2016 till today||INSTITUTE OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (CBM)||Teaching HRM, Strategic HRM, and Seminar in HRM
Associate Professor & Research Coordinator for MPhil/PhD
|Sep 2009 till Dec 2015||BAHRIA UNIVERSITY, KARACHI CAMPUS||Teaching Change Management, Project Management, OD, Entrepreneurship and electives of HR Cluster Head, Member of Board of Studies, Member of Advanced Research Committee and Program Coordinator of MSPM|
|Jan 2005 to June 2008||MOHAMMAD ALI JINNAH UNIVERSITY||Taught Marketing, Finance, and Management courses as Assistant Professor. Taught some electives of finance; Portfolio Management and Analysis of Financial Statements as well. Promoted as Chairman, Banking & Finance and worked for one month.|
|May 2000 to Jan. 2005||PAF-KARACHI INSTITUTE OF ECONOMICS & TECHNOLOGY||Taught Finance & Accounting courses as permanent faculty and Head of Library Executive Committee and Patron of Finance Society.
Taught Cost & Managerial Accounting, FM, and Corporate Finance along with other core courses
|Jan 1999 to April 2000||IQRA UNIVERSITY (AMI)||Taught Finance, Accounting, and Economics related courses as Permanent faculty member and MBA Program Coordinator|
|July 1998 to Dec 1999||UNIVERSITY OF KARACHI||Taught finance courses as Adjunct Faculty Member in Department of Commerce, Petroleum Technology, and Department of Public Administration. I taught Analysis of Financial Statements (Two Times) and Corporate Finance (three times) at Department of Public Administration.|
- Member of Board of Advanced Studies who is responsible to make academic decisions before it goes to the Academic Council of Bahria University.
- Subject Group Leader (SGL/CH) at Bahria University, 2010 till 2013, and responsible to manage the given courses and respective instructors (faculty) along with hiring and their evaluation and moderation of exam papers.
- Member of Quality Management committee at Bahria University that is working in guidelines of HEC to make Bahria University on of the model universities in Pakistan.
- MBA Program Coordinator at AMI, Iqra University, 1999 – 2000.
- In-charge evening program, PAF-KIET, Aug. 2000 – May 2001.
- Head of Library Executive Committee, PAF-KIET, 2001-2005.
- Patron of Finance Society, PAF-KIET, 2002-2005.
- Senior member of interview panel and hiring committee for faculty at MAJU
- Supervision of examination and vigilance, MAJU, 2006 – 2009
- Monitoring of faculty members for their evaluation, 2006 – 2009
- Paper Setting and Moderation of examination papers of all management courses, 2006 – 2009
- Responsible for arranging seminars to create linkage between MAJU and Industry.
- Supervisor of final projects at both MAJU, PAF-KIET and Bahria University, 2005 Till date.
- Placement of students for internship.
- Group Leader of conducting entrance test of: Quaid-e-Awam University, Nawabshah, Dawood Engineering College Karachi and Mohammad Ali Jinnah University, Karachi
PROGRAM COORDINATOR OF MSPM
I was assigned responsibility to launch a new program of MS in Project Management (Equivalent to M.Phil) and later on nominated as program coordinator of this program. For this program, syllabus development, recruitment and selection of the faculty, smooth launching and running of program and industry linkage were done by me, all alone, in support of top management.
- Hameed, A., & Shamsi, A. F. (2000). Role of empathy, communication, and participation in effective chang. Iqra Journal of Business and Management. Volume 4, No.01.
- Shamsi, A., F., Hameed, A., & Noman, J. (2004). Cultural Transformation at PSO. Pakistan Business Review, Volume VII, No. 01
- Shamsi, A.F. (2000). Adaptability to Working Environment.
- Shamsi, A. F., Zia, S. M. (2009). Factors influencing impulse buying behavior in Pakistan. Journal of Business Strategies, Vol 3, Number 1. pp. 96 – 108
- Zia, S. M. & Shamsi, A. F. Impact of demographic factors on consumer innovativeness: A study of consumer behavior. Journal of Business Strategies, Vol 3, Number 1. pp. 25 – 31
- Shamsi, A. F. (2010). Performance Management Techniques and Approaches for the Effective Organization Development Process – Gainsays and Effectuations. Journal of Business Strategies, Vol. 4, Number 2. pp. 78 – 89
- Faraz, M., Saqlain, N., & Shamsi, A. F. (2011). Karachi Milking Sector. Global Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies, Vol. 01
- Nida, B., Faraz, M., & Shamsi, A. F. (2012). Feasibility of HR department in a Public Sector University. Journal of Business Strategies, Vol. 6, Number 2 pp. 11 – 20
- Faraz, M., Shamsi, A. F., & Bashir, R. (2013). Working off the Clock and Its Impact. Journal of Business Ethics. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10551-013-1765-4
- Shamsi, A. F.. Bashir, R., & Panhwar, I., A. (2013). Corporate Governance in Pakistan: An Empirical Study. Transnational Corporations Review, volume 5, number 3 pp.46-59, http://www.tnc-online.org/index.php/2012-08-26-21-41-56/articles/182-volume-5-number-3-september-2013
- Anjum, M., Zia, S., M., Shamsi, A. F. & Aziz, A. (2013). The Impact of Culture on the Perception of Employees and Organizational Productivity in Pharmaceutical Industries in Karachi. Global Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies (GMJACS), Volume 3, 2013
- Khaskhely, M., K., Shamsi, A. F., Faraz, M., & Bashir, R. (2013). Stress Mitigation Protocol for CSS Aspirants. Global Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies (GMJACS), Volume 3
- Ali, L., Shamsi, A. F., Panhwar. I., A., and Bashir, R. (2013). An Empirical Investigation of Relationship Between Financial Sector Development and Domestic Private Investment in Pakistan. Global Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies (GMJACS), Volume 3
- Shamsi, A. F., Panhwar, I., A., Iqbal, B., & Cheema, K. (2014). India as an emerging economy. Transnational Corporations Review, volume 6, number 1
- Shamsi, A. F., Panhwar, I., A., Ahmed, A., and Khoso, B. (2013). Reflection of vision accomplishment through financial statements. Journal of Business Strategies, Vol. 12, Number 2
- Shamsi, A. F. (2013)“Factors Affecting Vision: A Case Study of a Pharmaceutical Company”, Indus Journal of Management Sciences, volume 1, number 2, 2013
- Ali, L., Yousuf, S., Shamsi, A. F., Bashir, R. (2014). Inflation and Finance-Growth Nexus: A case Study of Pakistan. Global Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies (GMJACS), Volume 4
- Kazi, A., S., Pasha, M., A., Panhwar, K., N., & Shamsi, A. F. (2014). The impact of the 360 degree feedback system on Employee Satisfaction in Higher Educational Institutes: An Analysis in the Public and Private Sectors of Sindh, Pakistan. NICE Research Journal in Social Sciences, Volume 7
- Shamsi, A. F., Ali, L., Bashir, r., & Ashraf, H., (2014). Food Insecurity of Rice in Pakistan. International Postgraduate Business Journal, Malaysia, Vol. 6 (2), 133-145
- Shamsi, A. F. & Panhwar, I., A., (2015). Impact of Inflation on Savings: A Case Study of Hyderabad District. Grassroots Journal, Vol. 50, No. II
- Ahmad, N., Salman, A. & Shamsi, A. F. (2015). Impact of Financial Leverage on Firm’s Profitability: An Investigation from Cement Sector of Pakistan. Research Journal of Finance and Accounting, 6(7), 75-80.
- Urrehman, S. M., Shamsi, A. F., Saifurrehman, S., Ali, M., A., & Faraz, M., (2016). Neuro Marketing: A Qualitative Analysis Of A Manager’s Perception In Pakistan.ELK Asia Pacific Journal Of Marketing And Retail Management, Vol 7(3), DOI: 10.16962/EAPJMRM
- Ahmed, N., Shamsi, A.F., Hussain, S., & Waheed, S., (2016). Impact of Counterfeit Products on Consumer Buying Behavior: Empirical Investigation from Karachiites, Grassroots Journal, Vol. 50, No. I, 126-134
PRESENTATION of RESEARCH PAPER in CONFERENCE
Three papers presented in different conferences:
- Feasibility of HR Department in a Public Sector University. (Pak)
- Stress Mitigation Protocol for CSS Aspirants. (Pak)
- Stack Trash Fabrics and Fire Hazards in textile and garment industry of Pakistan (Malaysia)
SUPERVISION of RESEARCH PROJECTS
I have supervised more than 40 final projects/thesis of MBA students at PAF-Karachi Institute of Economics & Technology, Mohammad Ali Jinnah University (MAJU) and Bahria University.
RESEARCH WORK for CORPORATE SECTOR
- I have worked on a research report of ESRA funded by US Aid. The objective was to know the existing facilities in ICT, all over Pakistan.
- I recently conducted field research about Karachi Milk Sector for ECDI, Karachi.
- There was an assignment of a corporation intended to find the consumer feedback about their bills. Study was conducted from the platform of Four Corners group.
- A study was conducted for NGORC and I was involved to compile the data and report writing regarding women empowerment.
REFEREE of RESEARCH PAPERS
- I am serving as referee (Evaluator) of research papers from the platform of Institute of Business Management (CBM) and have evaluated fourteen research papers so far.
- I am recently offered editorial board membership of ELK Journals. These are impact factor journals and indexed in good international indexes.
- I am recently selected as member of review committee for GMJACS; the journal of Management Science Department, Bahria University, Karachi Campus.
- I am member of review panel and evaluator at Indus Journal Management Sciences, which is a journal of Indus University, Karachi
- I have conducted training in Pakistan Custom House Training Center on “Motivation”
- One training on “Communication and Managerial Soft Skills” at M/S Contact Plus.
- Conducted several training sessions in the Human Resource Department of PNS Rahnuma on “Time Management, Leadership and Motivation, Change and Stress Management, and Process Management”.
- Conducted more than six training on women entrepreneurship form the platform of M/S ECDI.
- Conducted two days training on change management at Hamdard Foundation, December 2008.
Program Coordinator of MSPM
I was assigned responsibility to launch a new program of MS in Project Management (Equivalent to M.Phil) and later on nominated as program coordinator of this program. For this program, syllabus development, recruitment and selection of the faculty, smooth launching and running of program and industry linkage were done by me, all alone, in support of top management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Exam Preparatory Course, 14 September 2014, from Consak Inc. Canada.
- Lean Management Certified (LMC), 20 September 2014, Consak Inc. Canada.
Working as Senior Trainer and heading training department at M/S ECDI, Karachi, on a Canadian Funded Project of M/S MEDA & CIDA. My core responsibilities include:
- Training of trainers of different associated NGOs
- Planning, mentoring and monitoring of the participants performance and contribution
- Reporting to the President and Canadian Partners
- Conducting some field visits to ensure the implementation of training stuff.
Dec 1999 to date
I have been working as Management and Education Consultant with a consulting group KSBS. Some of my projects are:
- ISO certification for Mehran Tanker Company (MTC)
- Prepared NOC application for IMIS.
- Provided consultancy to a private group for establishing a training institute
- Consultancy provided to Comecs and AMI, during their establishment phase.
- Consultancy for data base management to improve the productivity of sales force of Biovista Pakistan (a pharmaceutical company).
- Doing Research for finding new business opportunities for M/S Sukkur Beverages Pvt. Ltd.
- Involved with Sharp Image in implementing, “Balanced Scorecard”, a performance management tool for the 70-person organization.
I successfully conducted four workshops on change management in August 2005, March 2006, November 2006, and February 2008.
- Attending and arranging seminars
- Reading subject related articles and other reading materials
- Participating twice as guest in live talk show at FM 103..
I have been involved in numerous social services in the society. The total number of social projects of different nature is more than 34.
Dr. Fazal Anwer Khalidi
Dr. Fazal Khalidi has nearly thirty years of senior level corporate and consultancy experience with leading global pharmaceutical companies, GSK and Pfizer, in Pakistan and the United Kingdom in the areas of General Management, Marketing and Sales, and Training and Development. His educational qualifications include MS Marketing (University of Salford, UK), MBA (IBA, Karachi), and MBBS (Dow Medical College). He has also attended an Executive Development Program at Thunderbird School of Global Management, USA. He is a recipient of the prestigious Chevening Scholarship awarded by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
|MBBS||Dow Medical College||1984|
|MS Marketing||University of Salford, UK||1992|
|Executive Development Program||Thunderbird School of Global Management, USA||1999|
|Registered Medical Practitioner||Pakistan Medical & Dental Council||–|
|2010-Continue||Assistant Professor||Institute of Business Management|
|1997-2010||Adjunct Faculty, College of Management Science||PAF-KIET,PAF Base Korangi, Karachi|
- Twenty three years of senior level experience with leading global pharmaceutical companies (GSK and Pfizer). Areas of expertise include general management, turnaround management, marketing and sales, and training and development in Pakistan, UK and Africa.
- Consultancy projects in corporate strategy development, turnaround management, business development, sales management and training.
- Conducted over 100 video interviews of leading Pakistani entrepreneurs. The list includes the founders of Shan Foods, National Foods, Student Biryani, Javed Nihari, Interflow, Bake Parlor, 14th Street Pizza, Avari Towers, Cupola Group, Anis Hussain, T2F, Imtiaz Store, Chippa, Bar B Q Tonite, etc.
- Videos are used for classroom training and instruction.
- Case studies and research papers, based on these interviews, are under process.
Corporate Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior.
Entrepreneurial Motives, Leadership and Power, Motivation, Conflict Management.
- 1993: A Study of Advertising Agencies in the International Environment: Motivation and Internationalization. (Cardiff Business School, UK)
- Khalidi, FA; Whitelock, J; Woodruff HR (1993) A Study of Advertising Agencies in the International Environment: Motivation and Internationalization. Service Industries Management Research Unit Conference Proceedings (Managing Innovation in Services, 5-7 April 1993, Cardiff Business School, University of Wales, UK)
- Pakistan Business Review
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Conducted training programs for USAID, Pakistan Steel, Jaffer Brothers, GSK, Pfizer.
- Chevening Scholarship 1991-92, awarded by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office, to study for MS at the University of Salford, UK.
- 3rd Position: Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (1975).
- Merit Scholarship: Board of Intermediate Education (1996-98).
- Member, American Management Association.
- Member, Management Association of Pakistan
- Member, Marketing Association of Pakistan
- Member, Pakistan Medical Association
- Member, British Alumni Association of Pakistan
- Member, Chevening Scholars Alumni Association
- Member, IBA Alumni Association
- Charter Member, Lions International
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
CBM Building: Room No. 422, Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – 319
Shagufta Rafif Ghauri
Shagufta Rafif Ghauri is a PhD Research Scholar and holds MPhil degree in Business Management and brings along a vast experience of research and teaching different management subjects and Business English courses to BBA, MBA and MBA (Executive) students. She has also served in the capacity of Vice Principal at a reputed O Level School in Karachi for 3 years. She has been a faculty member of different universities of Karachi and has also been conducting courses and training workshops at the Teacher’s Resource Center. She had been associated with IoBM for 9 years.
|PhD Scholar in Business Management||Institute of Business Management|
|MPhil in Business Management||Institute of Business Management|
|B.A||University of Ajmer , Rajisthan(India)|
|Faculty||Institute of Business Management||Sep 2006 – To date|
|Visiting Faculty||Institute of Business Management||Jan 2004 – Jan 2005|
|Adjunct Faculty||BIZTEK||Feb 2005 – Aug, 2006|
|Visiting Faculty||Asian Institute of Fashion Design (IQRA,University)||2003-2005|
- Worked on the development of Management manual under Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Youth Development Project (2014).
- Member of the organizing committee for International Conference on Women in Development, November 2015 as part of 20yearscelebration of IoBM.
- Joint venture between IoBM- AMDIP Faculty Colloquium was organized, where 16 universities from Pakistan participated, it was held at IoBM on November 23-24, 2016.
BRIEF STATEMENT OF RESEARCH INTEREST
- Organization Behavior, Job satisfaction, Management, Leadership style, Motivation.
- Ghauri, S., Shamsi. F.A., Khalid,F, (2017, in process). Exploring the relationship between the learning capabilities of organization and its impact on Performance.
- Ghauri, S., Ayub, N, (2017, in process). Impact of Creative Organizational Climate on Organizational Citizenship Behavior among Public and Private Universities Faculty. Pakistan Business Review. ISSN 1561-8706, HEC recognized X category.
- Ghauri, S., (2015).The Impact of Procedural Justice on Organizational Commitment, promotion Decision and Intent to leave the organization. Pakistan Business Review. ISSN 1561-8706 .
- Ghauri, S., (2014). A case study on: Intrinsic motivation effect on learning in Private Business School in Karachi .Pakistan Business Review. ISSN 1561-8706, Volume.15, No 1 pg765-779, HEC recognized X category, October 2014.
- Ghauri, S., Ayub, N, (2013). Pay Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment in Private Business University Faculty. Pakistan Business Review. ISSN 1561-8706, Volume.15, No 1 pg765-779, HEC recognized X category, January 2013
- Ghauri, S., Ayub, N., (2011). The Relationship between Work Motivation and Job Satisfaction. Pakistan Business Review. ISSN 1561-8706, July 2011
- Ghauri, S.(2016).Influence of Organizational Culture on job satisfaction, Organizational Commitment and Turnover Intention :A Study on the Private Universities of Pakistan. Paper Presented in National Research Conference on Business Management (NRCBM-2016) held on March 6-7th ,2016 at PAF-KIET (Karachi Institute of Economics & Technology)
SELECTED PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS
- Ghauri, S., Tariq Jalees (2016).Influence of Organizational Culture on job satisfaction, Organizational Commitment and Turnover Intention :A Study on the Private Universities of Pakistan. Market Forces. ISSN 1816-8434.
- Ghauri, S, (2013). Effect of Intrinsic Motivation on Student’s Learning and Perception of Organizational Behavior Course. Paper Presented in International Journal of Arts & Sciences’ (IJAS) International Conference for Academic Disciplines held on May 26th till 30th, 2013 at Harvard University, 10 Garden Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 organized by Central Connecticut State University, USA.
- Ghauri, S., Ayub, N, (2012). Pay Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment in Private Business University Faculty. Paper Presented in Emerging issues of Social Sciences in Pakistan held on April 27th till 29th, 2012, at HEC organized by Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Ghauri, S., Ayub, N, (2011). The Relationship between Work Motivation and Job Satisfaction. Paper Presented in First Annual National Conference of Business Psychology held on November 27th, 2011, in Institute of Business Management, Karachi, Pakistan
- Launched Strategic Human Resource Society at IOBM.
- Faculty Advisor of SHRS Society from 2008.
- Creek High School Representative at CBM.
- Conducted event organized by Entrepreneurship Society on “Bullz Eye-Career Proposals” held in March 2010.
- Co-advisor to Management Society.
- Logistics support provided in the 1st Management Conference held on 10th Nov2010.
- Invigilated the KMDC test held at IOBM.
- Organized Zenith (Jan) 2011with SHRS.
- Organized guest speaker session: A.C. Nielsen Pakistan with SHRS.
- Organized Zenith Leadership& Development Conference 2012.
- Organized Zenith Leadership& Development Conference 2013.
- Organized Zenith Leadership& Development Conference 2014.
- Worked on the development of Management manual under Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Youth Development Project (2014).
- Organized Zenith Leadership& Development Conference 2015.
- Organizing Member of 5th International Conference on Business Management held at IoBM- 2015.
- Member of the organizing committee for International Conference on Women in Development, November 2015 as part of 20yearscelebration of IoBM.
- Organized Zenith Youth Convention 2016.
- Manager Colloquium of IoBM- AMDIP Faculty Colloquium held at IoBM on November 23-24, 2016.
- Organized Zenith Youth Convention 2017.
HONORS & AWARDS
- Invited as “Guest of Honour” at The Froebel’s School, ” Annual Function” held at Bahria Auditorium on Sunday 19th March 2017.
- Student scholarship (full paid) in MBA program.
- MBA (HRM) 2002 P.A.F Karachi Institute of Economics & Technology (CGPA 3.78), Silver medalist.
- Best Teacher” award at Karachi International School 1994.
- Management Association of Pakistan.
- Marketing Association of Pakistan.
- Member Pakistan Education Foundation (PEF).
- Member Academic Council PAF-KIET
Shiraz is a Leadership Development Consultant, Business School Faculty, Linkedin & Tribune writer, Trainer and Executive Coach. He has worked with professionals of US, UK, Australia, Singapore, ASEAN region and Africa. He has spoken and facilitated sessions to foreign diplomats, Global CEO, Business Leaders and functional heads. He regularly meets and interviews CEOs and functional heads for his upcoming book!
Shiraz has trained and taught numerous business professionals from Fortune-500 companies. He has also coached and mentored managers from junior to senior positions; Shiraz has helped organizations in resolving ‘Future Leaders’ challenge through his coaching and mentoring sessions. Few managers were able to raise to senior management positions.Shiraz has been trained by foreign faculty of British Council for their Global Leadership Development Program. He is also an IFC-Business Edge (world bank), British Council and USAID, Trained Management Trainer and a Certified HR Professional as well. He is also the Managing Editor of Marketing Review, published by Marketing Association of Pakistan.
Currently, Shiraz is Associated with CIRRUS, and provides Leadership Coaching to Senior Managers in Pakistan and ASEAN region
- PhD(In progress)
2011-to date, Assistant Professor, Department of management, Institute of Business Management, Korangi, Creek, Karachi
15+ years experience of Training, Teaching, Coaching in Corporate and Development sectors.
- Citizen Voice Project – USAID
- Leadership Development Program – British Council
- AME Leadership Acceleration – CIRRUS
- Organizational Behavior
- Training and Development
RESEARCH PAPER : EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT IN KARACHI’S PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY
CERTIFICATIONS & TRAININGS
- Global Leadership Development Program – British Council
- Strategic Visioning – British Council Pakistan
- Train the Trainer – British Council Pakistan
- Train the Trainer – Business Edge IFC World Bank
- Trainer the Trainer – Citizens Voice Project USAID
- Certified HR Professional
- PGD Public Administration – Karachi University
- Shiraz has spoken on various occasions on Leadership, Future of HR and How Leaders Engage team
- He has conducted workshops on Leadership, Negotiations skills, Decision making skills, Interpersonal skills, Winning presentations, Train the trainer, Effective supervisory skills, Facilitation skills, Competencies for HR professional and communication skills.
- Shiraz has also conducted workshops for British Council Pakistan, IoBM, USAID, Shell, ICMAP, NED University and many others
GUEST SPEAKER SESSIONS
Following business executives spoke to my Leadership and HRM class as guest speaker
- Amir Iqbal – Bayer Pakistan
- Ali Habib – Group Head Marketing UBL
- Hadi Hassan Ali – Manager Compensation & Benefits Engro foods
- Asad Bhatti – HR Business Partner, Multinet
- Ahmad Ali Zia – Head HR Muller and Phipps
LEADERSHIP COACHING | CIRRUS INTERNATIONAL
I have been selected / recruited by on international Training & Leadership Development firm CIRRUS to coach their clients on Leadership from Africa, Middle East, Pakistan, and East Asia. These professionals work for Fortune 500 company.
I Coach following Senior Managers on Leadership:
- Executive Director commercial banking
- Financial controller
- Head Corporate Communication
- Head Retail banking
- Head Client Acquisition
- Head HRBP
Additionally, I am also providing Leadership coaching to CRO (Chief Risk Officer, Standard Chartered) Thailand region.
Most of the guest speaker session were covered and maintained at my two blogs, where students make comments regularly:
I have conducted following executives’ interviews for my Leadership Research:
- Shazad Dada – CEO Standard Chartered Pakistan
- Amir Iqbal – CEO Bayer Pakistan
- Moin Malik – CEO Agility
- Salim Chinoy – CEO Ernst & Young Pakistan
- Rana Azfar – CEO Novonordisk Pakistan
- Khalid Mansoor – CEO HUBCO
- Ahmed Ghulam Hussain – Director Sales and Marketing APAG
- Jehangir Piracha – CEO Engro power
- Dr Sitwat – Group Head HR HBL AG Zurich
- Evelyn D. Abrogena – Head HR efu Life Assurance
PROFESSIONAL WORKSHOP for CORPORATE
I have conducted 3-day ‘Train the Trainer’ workshop in collaboration with ICMAP, which was attended by 10 plus participants, among them following were some senior executives
- Deputy Commissioner – SINDH Revenue Board
- Deputy Commissioner – SINDH Education Board
- SEVP – Meezan Investment
- Head of Accounts – Bayer Pakistan
- CFO – ICMA Pakistan
PROFESSIONAL WORKSHOP for USAID
I have conducted several workshops on Leadership Module for ‘Citizens Voice Project’ by USAID. This workshop was attended by mid-senior executives from NPO and NGO across Pakistan.
MARKETING REVIEW | MARKETING ASSOCIATION of PAKISTAN
I have published two quarterly magazines for Marketing Association of Pakistan, titled
- Marketing Leadership
- VUCA Marketing
HONORS and AWARDS
- Shiraz has spoken and facilitated sessions to foreign and local diplomats including Ministers and High Commissioners.
- Spoken and facilitated Leadership sessions to CEO’s, Vice Chancellors, Deans and Regional Directors
- Trained, Taught, Coached and Mentored over 30,000 people
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
CBM Building, Room no 318, Academic block, Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – 503
Afshan Rauf holds a Master’s Degree from Edge Hill University, UK in HRM and Master’s in Economics from Karachi University. She has worked for diversified industries both local and abroad mainly FMCG, Telecom, Brokerage and Retail for almost 8 years both in Customer Services and HR. She became Academician by choice since 2014 and is currently pursuing her Doctorate from Iqra University.
|PhD Candidate – HRM – Currently enrolled||Iqra University(ongoing)|
|MBA (HRM)||Edge Hill University, UK(2010-11)|
|Masters in Economics||Karachi University(2006-08)|
|Senior Lecturer||IoBM (Jan2016 – to date)|
|Lecturer||Mohammad Ali Jinnah University (Jun 2014 – July 15)|
|Manager HR||Salsoft Technologies (Dec 2013 – Mar 14)|
|Consultant||Abacus Consulting (Jun 2013 – Dec 13)|
|Assistant Manager HR||Habib Oil Mills Ltd (Jun 2012 – Jun13)|
|Senior Sales Assistant||JD Sports Plc UK (Apr 10 – Apr12)|
|AssistantManager – Online Trading||JS Global Capital Ltd(Aug 08 – Nov 09)|
|Customer Service||Mobilink (Jan 06 – Aug 08)|
- HR Manual
- Employer Branding
- Youth Behavioral Study
- Training modules/Mentorship program for Persons with Disabilities
- Area of research interest is to explore HR Analytics and the bottom line impact of HR practices.
- To enhance learning by assigning tasks and projects that gives real exposure of working practices.
Publications in Conferences
- Rauf.A ,Gulzar.S, and Baig.J; (2016) “Measuring the effectiveness of HR Metrics on Return on Investment – An empirical study on Pakistani Organizations” presented in the International Business Information Management Association Conference presented at Seville, Spain and published in conference proceedings .
- Gulzar.S, Advani, A and Rauf.A; (2016) “Employee Retention – A key to effective Organizational Performance” presented in the International Business Information Management Association Conference presented at Seville, Spain and published in conference proceedings (Conference Proceedings are Thompson Reuters, ISI, Scopus and Australian Research Council Indexed)
- Qamar. A, Mumtaz. S, Rauf.A and Shamsi.F.A; (2016) “Relationship between Recruitment and Selection Practices and Employees Job performance in Banking Sector in Pakistan. A Comparative Analysis of local and foreign Banks”, presented in IBA Sukkur 1st International Conference of Business, Economics and Education Management and published in conference proceedings.(This is HEC recognized Conference)
- Molvi. Q.A, and Rauf.A; (2016) “Entrepreneurial Inclination of Students of a Leading Business School of Karachi”.(Submitted in PBR and in second review process).
Juveria Baig has more than 6 years of diverse experience in the areas of Project Management, Recruitment, Training, Coaching and Mentoring and Performance Management. Her education includes B.Sc (Hons) from Textile Institute of Pakistan, MBA from Hamdard University and Master in Human Resource Management from University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia. After working with a Swiss Multi-National and USAID, Juveria turned her focus towards academia and taught at her Alma mater in Sydney, Australia.She is very seriously committed to a career in research, learning & development and teaching. Her research focus remains in the areas of Knowledge Management and Workforce Development.
- M.Com Human Resource Management from University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia.
- MBA , Hamdard University, Karachi, Pakistan.
- B.Sc (Hons) Textile Management from Textile institute of Pakistan, Karachi, Pakistan.
- 2011-2012, Tutor, Australian School of Business, University of New South Wales, Sydney.
- 2006-2009, Human Resource Manager, E-Complex Group of Education, Karachi.
- 2004-2006, Deputy Project Manager, USAID/SUN Development Foundation, Karachi.
- 2002-2004, Business Development Executive, SGS Pakistan (Pvt.) Ltd, Karachi.
Brief Statement of Research Interest
- The impact of tacit knowledge on HRD, Knowledge Management, Sustainable Change through Training & Development.
- Baig.J, Gulzar.S, and Rauf.A; (2016) “Measuring the effectiveness of HR Metrics on Return on Investment – An empirical study on Pakistani Organizations” presented in the International Conference on Innovation and Emerging Trends in Business Management at Iqra University.
- IFC Business Edge Trainer Certification Achieved
- Member of Australian Human Resource Institute (AHRI).
Saba Gulzar did her MS in Human Resource Management from PAF-KIET Karachi. She has 8 years of teaching, research and consultancy experience in different Organizations of Karachi; apart from all, she holds experience of multiple managerial positions in academics. Her area of interest includes Academics, Training, Coaching, Leadership, Business Education, Research, and Organizational Development. Her main focus is research work and; to develop innovative tools to increase the efficiency of Human Resource Professionals in various industries.
I am an academician and intended to obtain a position that will enable me to use my strong organizational skills, educational background, and ability to work well with people. I enjoy challenge seeking opportunity to learn and improve my skills.
|MS||2015||Human Resource Management||PAF-KIET|
|MBA||2008||Human Resource Management||Muhammad Ali Jinnah University|
|Lecturer||IoBM||September 2015 till date|
|Visiting Faculty||IoBM||September 2014 to August 2015|
|Visiting Faculty||IHM, DUHS||April 2014 to July 2015|
|Senior Lecturer||KASBIT||2011 to January 2014|
|Lecturer||KASBIT||2008 to 2011|
|Teaching Assistant||KASBIT||2007 to 2008|
|Assistant Registrar/Controller of Examination||KASBIT||2013(from January to December 2013)|
|Academic Coordinator Morning Program||KASBIT||2008- to 2013|
- Uplifting Services
- HR Summit
- How to Write Research Proposal
- Customer Relationship Management
- Training of The Trainers
- How to make Research Projects
- Leadership & Motivation
- Human Resource Development
- Career Movers
Human Resource Management – The Employee Perspective, Resilient workforce, , Wellbeing in the workplace, Knowledge Workers, Retention and Job Satisfaction-Organizational Perspective, HR Analytics, Talent Acquisition and Organizational Change.
Management, Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource Management ,Recruitment & Selection, Training and Development, Performance Management, Compensation Management
- Gulzar. S, Advani. A; (2016),” Measuring the impact of performance appraisal on employees’ retention”, National Research Conference on Business Management at PAF-KIET.
- Gulzar. S, Advani. A; (2016) “Career Development leads to employee commitment”, presented in the International Conferenceon Innovation and Emerging Trends in Business Management at Iqra University.
- Gulzar. S, Rauf.A and Baig.J; (2016)“Measuring the effectiveness of HR Metrics on Return on Investment – An empirical study on Pakistani Organizations” presented in the International Conference on Innovation and Emerging Trends in Business Management at Iqra University.
- Gulzar. S (2013),”Impact of Non Pecuniary Benefits on employee delight”, KASBIT Business Research Journal (KBJ)- Volume 4,.
- Gulzar. S Advani. A (2016), Impact of Employees Participation on Job Satisfaction Evidence from Karachi’s Tertiary Education Sector” Indian Journal of Management and Commerce”–Volume 5, issue 1.
- Gulzar.S&Advani. A (2016) “Workplace conflict, Gender Discrimination and interpersonal communication and their impact on employees’ performance”,
- Gulzar. S (2013),”Impact of Non Pecuniary Benefits on employee delight”, KASBIT Business Research Journal (KBJ)- Volume 4,.
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
Office,Room 303 Academics Blocks, Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – 294
Farheen Khalid is currently working as Lecturer, in Management & HRM Department at Institute of Business Management. She completed her BBA(H) & MBA from IoBM as well. Currently she is enrolled in PhD Business Management Program. Before that Farheen has worked at Allied Bank (Corporate Investment Banking), Continental Biscuits, Dewan Mustaq Group and Brand Image.
|PhD Scholar(ongoing)||Business Management||Institute of Business Management|
|M Phil||Business Management||Institute of Business Management|
|MBA||Marketing||Institute of Business Management|
|BBA (Hons)||Marketing||Institute of Business Management|
|Brand Image (Consultancy Firm )||Marketing||Business & Marketing Manager||Nov-2012 to Aug-2015|
|Allied Bank Limited||Consumer Strategy & Planning CPBG, Karachi||Research Analyst||Aug-2008 to April-2011|
- Managed and conducted different nature of marketing & PR building & workshops and training programs.
- Neuro marketing
- Productivity and Work Performance
- Creativity and Innovation
- Consumer Behavior
- Experiential Learning
- Strategic Marketing
- Methods in Business Research: Research report on Metro-sexual (December 2007).
- (Khalid, Farheen.; Zafar, Bilal Ali.) Paper Published “Promoting Spin-Offs Activity at University Level to Support Commercial Industries in Pakistan.” In Al Dar Research Journal for Sustainability – ISSN 2519-5379 (http://adrjs.aduc.ac.ae/
- Paper Accepted for Publication in South Asian Journal of Management Sciences – SAJMS “Customer’s Attitude towards Ramadan Advertising “ (Khalid, Farheen ; Ansari, Junaid;Jalees, Dr. Tariq; Ramish, Muhammad Sufyan)(2017)
- Paper under Review in Pakistan Business Review – HEC X Category Journal “Determinants of Capital Structure – Evidence from KSE 30-Index”.(2016)
- Paper Accepted for Presentation in Conference NRCMLE 2017”Factors contributing to Consumer Attitudes Towards Online Advertising in Emerging Markets”.
- Paper Accepted for Presentation in Conference ICIETBM 2017”Exploring the Relationship between the Learning Capabilities of Organization And its Impact on Performance”.
- International Conference Paper Accepted “Customer’s Attitude towards Ramadan Advertising” at IBA-ICM 16’ being held at Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, University of Malaya. 19th & 20th December 2016
- International Conference Paper Accepted in “30th International Research Conference on Business, Economics & Social Sciences, IRC-2016”: Promoting Spin-Offs Activity at University Level to Support Commercial Industries in Pakistan” being held in Dubai 2016.
- Certificate of Participation on “Scalling Up Masterclass” by Mark Turrell organized by Terrabiz. 13th March 2017
- Certificate of Participation on “The APA Style & Technicalities of Zotero”. Jan’7, 2017.
- Workshop on “Clubs Instead of Classrooms” by Salman Asif Siddiqui, Director ERDC – EMEC IoBM.
- Active Participant in IoBM – AMDIP Faculty Colloquium being held on 23 – 24th Nov, 2016. IoBM in collaboration with Association of Management Development Institutions in Pakistan.
- Attended Discussion forum on ‘Digitization of Islamic Financial Institutions’ under the supervision of IBACEIF. The role of technology and cloud computing in particular in facilitating the decision making processes cannot be underestimated. This forum is being organized to highlight possible tools for navigation through the changing landscape. 23rd August 2016.
- Attended Discussion forum on ‘How Islamic Financial Ethics Evolve: The Politics of Tawarruq in Malaysia, Oman, and Saudi Arabia’ by Mr. Ryan Calder Harvard (Inner Asian and Altaic Studies) and an MA and Ph.D. from UC Berkeley (Sociology) under the supervision of IBA-CEIF.
- Attended Discussion forum on ‘How to Expedite Litigation for Islamic Banking Disputes in Courts?” by Mr. Shahid Shafiq, Senior Faculty Member at the Sindh Judicial Academy under the supervision of IBA-CEIF.
- Attended Workshop “Marketing in Islamic Perspective” at IBA in Collaboration with “International Council of Islamic Finance Educators” (ICIFE) Malaysia, 15th & 16th August, 2016.
- PSTD – Re-imagining & Re-Thinking Capabilities of Pakistan | Conference, May 18, 2016.
- The Workshop of “Using Blue Ocean Strategy & Balanced Score Card in Higher Education Institutions” & “Developing Procedures as per Self-Assessment Manual Requirement”, May 12, 2016.
- Attended International Conference of Experiential Learning, IoBM April 9-10, 2016.
Mohammad Ekhlaque Ahmed
Mohammad Ekhlaque Ahmed Holds a Master degree in Business Administration from Institute of Business Administration, Karachi. Mohammad Ekhlaque Ahmed has over 30 years of working in Corporate Sectors on Senior Management positions in both multinational and local companies. Mohammad Ekhlaque Ahmed worked for Philips, Osram, Dadabhoy Cement and Rajby Industries before joining IoBM as permanent faculty. Besides basic marketing courses like Marketing Management, Principles of Marketing, Sales Management he has been teaching Strategic Marketing Planning, Marketing Strategies with Value Innovation, Distribution and Channel Management. Mohammad Ekhlaque Ahmed is also pursuing MPhil in Business Management from IoBM. Mr. Ekhlaque is also a Corporate Trainer in the field of Marketing & Management.
Has also been associated as Visiting Faculty in several Business Schools including IobM, IBA, Szabist, Iqra University. Mohammad Ekhlaque Ahmed joined IobM as Assistant Professor & Lead Experiential Learning projects since January 2015. Ahmed’s worked for Rajby Industries, a renowned manufacturers and exporters of Textiles and Value added products as Director Operations for about 10 years. Earlier on he served Philips Lighting for about 13 years in their Marketing Department and looked after diversified business portfolio covering both Institutional and Projects and Fast Moving Consumer markets. He grew to the position of General Manager-Marketing & Sales in Philips. He also worked for 2 years each as General Manager-Marketing & Sales in Dadabhoy Cement and as Country Manager in Osram Lighting.
On academic side Ahmed has been teaching for the last 17 years as Visiting Faculty. Though his core area has been Strategic Marketing, Mohammad Ekhlaque Ahmed also taught subjects related to Strategic Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior and Strategic Management. Ahmed served Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan as Examiner and Paper Setter for several years.
- MPhil in Business Management from IoBM (in progress).
- MBA from Institute of Business Administration, University of Karachi in 1981.
- B.Com from University of Karachi in 1979 achieving FIRST CLASS FIRST.
- HOD Marketing Department & Assistant Professor in College of Business Management.
- Visiting Faculty at Institute of Business Administration, College of Business Management, Szbist, Iqra University, Commecs (A total of over 17 years experience as Visiting Faculty in these Institutions teaching Marketing, Management and Human Resource related subjects).
- Examiner and Paper Setter for Business Management and Communication in Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan for over 5 years.
- Worked for Saudi Public Transport Company in Riyadh in their Operational Audit Department as Senior Auditor for 4 years (1982-86).
- Worked for Philips Lighting Pakistan as Product Officer—New Products, Commercial Manager—Professional Lighting & Institutional Business, Commercial Manager—Consumer Lighting, General Manager—Marketing & Sales (1986-1999).
- Worked for Osram Lighting Pakistan as Country Manager (2000-2002).
- Worked for Dadabhoy Cement as General Manager Marketing & Sales (2003-2005).
- Worked for Rajby Industries as Director Operations (2005-2014).
Social Work Experience
- President, GEAR—Generating Employment Alternatives for Self Reliance—an NGO for helping the underprivileged section of the society by creating self employment for them.
- Helped create over 600 Self Employment in various areas of Karachi from this platform.
Supervision of Experiential Learning (Capstone Project)—Corporate Consulting
- Brand Positioning & Association for Dalda Oil and Ghee for Dalda Foods.
- Marketing Plan for Al-Habib Pharmaceuticals.
- Standard Operating Procedure related to Return and Services for On Line Distributors, a company representing renowned IT brands like Frotinet, Dell etc., in Pakistan.
- Consumer & Trade research for Juice category in Karachi for Dalda Foods.
- Experiential learning projects in progress include renowned companies like Jaffer Systems, Zong Pakistan, On-line Grocery business of Premier Agencies, Digitz –Digital media company, UBL Cards, Enercon Systems etc.
- Experiential learning projects include renowned companies COPHC, Blitz, PepsiCo, Coca Cola, Askari Bank Ltd, GSK, Eye sight trust and Express News
Teaching & Research Interest
Strategic Marketing Planning, Marketing Strategies with Value Innovation, Distribution & Channel Management, Marketing Management, Advance Marketing Strategies for Mphil program, Sales Management, Strategic Management, Strategic Human Resource Management, Product Management, Blue Ocean Strategy and Strategy Execution.
Bottom of Pyramid Market, Strategic Marketing, Strategic Management and Execution.
- Ahmed, E. & Khan, M. M. (2016). Ethics in Advertising: Exploring The Telecommunication Industry’s Employment of Ethics in Advertisements. The 28th International Business Information Management Association Conference, Seville, 2016 (pp. 2605-2618). Seville: International Business Information Management Association (IBIMA). (Published in ISI Indexed Conference Proceedings 9th-10th, November, 2016)
- Ali, S., Saleem, M., Ahmed, E. & Khan, M. M. (2016). Online Grocery Shopping – A Study of Pakistani Online Market. The 28th International Business Information Management Association Conference, Seville, 2016 (pp. 2619-2638). Seville: International Business Information Management Association (IBIMA). (Published in ISI Indexed Conference Proceedings 9th-10th, November, 2016)
- Ahmed, E., Samad, N. & Khan, M. M., (2016). Income, Social Class and Consumer Behavior A Focus on Developing Nations. International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research. 14(10), 6679-6702. (Indexing – Scopus)
- Ahmed, E. & Khan, M. M. Impact of Capstone Project Course Learning on Students’ Problem Solving Ability. 4th International Conference on Global Business & Social Entrepreneurship, Penang, 2016 (pp. 66-74), Penang: Global Business and Social Entrepreneurship Resources (GBSE) (ISBN: 978-967-13718-3-1)
- Co author of book: Case Studies of Pakistani Corporations published by IoBM.
- How Strategic is your Marketing?, Marketing Journal, published by Marketing Association of Pakistan.
- Is your Advertising working? Pakistan Business Review, published by IoBM.
- Society and Business—An integration creating new opportunities published by Techronicle, international magazine of Avanza Solutions.
- Nawaz, K., Siddiqui, M., Rizvi, R. Rafiq, T. Asgharali, B. Ahmed, E. & Khan, M. M. (2017). Case study: Delivery Chacha- Kuch bhe Mangwao. (Accepted; to be presented in 6th Asian Management Research and Case Conference (AMRC)2017; 11th-12th January, 2017)
- Ahmed, E. & Khan, M. M (2016). Traces of Company Strategy for the Bottom of Income Pyramid (BoP) in Pakistan – A Probing Analysis (Accepted; to be presented at IBAICM 2016 (IBA’s 3rd International Conference on Marketing; 19th-20th, December, 2016)).
- Ali, S., Saleem, M., Ahmed, E. & Khan, M. M. (2016). Online Grocery Shopping – A Study of Pakistani Online Market (Presented at 28th IBIMA, 2016 Conference (ISI Indexed Conference 9th-10th, November, 2016)
- Ahmed, E. & Khan, M. M. (2016). Ethics in Advertising: Exploring The Telecommunication Industry’s Employment of Ethics In Advertisements (Presented at 28th IBIMA, 2016 Conference (ISI Indexed Conference 9th-10th, November, 2016)
- Ahmed, E. & Khan, M. M. Impact of Capstone Project Course Learning on Students’ Problem Solving Ability. 4th International Conference on Global Business & Social Entrepreneurship, Penang, 2016 (pp. 66-74), Penang: Global Business and Social Entrepreneurship Resources (GBSE).
- The business of people and the future of work by Dave Ulrich
- Developing Aligned, Engaged & Innovative Organizations by Sean A. Culey organized by MAP.
- Business Plan Development for New Products in Penang, Malaysia organized by Philips Lighting Eindhoven, Holland.
- Training on Embodiment Products in Eindhoven organized by Product Management, Philips Lighting Eidhoven.
- Represented Philips Lighting Pakistan in various International and Regional meetings and conferences to make Business Strategy presentations and proposals held in Tokyo, Eindhoven, Singapore, Bangkok, New York, Surabaya, Kulalumpur, Dhaka, France, Germany, New Delhi etc.
- Moderator for Faculty Colloquium held at IoBM
- Workshop on why students drop a course?
- 5 day workshop for faculty development
- Workshop on Balance Score Card
- Diploma in Marketing from the platform of IobM
- Strategic Marketing Planning from the platform of Management Association of Pakistan and Pakistan Institute of Management in Karachi and Lahore.
- Distribution & Channel Management for Fast Moving Consumer Goods Companies from the platform of Octara, Management Association of Pakistan and Pakistan Institute of Management.
- Strategic Management from the platform of Learning Minds
- Sales Management from the platform of Octara
- Strategy Execution from the platform of Learning Minds
- Diploma in Marketing from the platform of IobM.
- Three day workshop for the Senior Management of Health Care LLC, Dubai on Designing & Executing Strategic Direction of the company
- Two day workshop for the Sales & Channel team of Shield Pakistan
- Two day workshop for the Sales & Channel team of Tapal Pakistan
- Two day workshop for the Sales & Channel team of Culligan Pakistan
- Two day workshop for the Sales & Channel team of Khyber Tobacco in Lahore
- Member of UNDP Youth Employment Project
- Member of Management Association of Pakistan (MAP)
Saeed-ur-Rehman Holds an MA in Political Science from the University of Karachi. His experience in Sales as a senior manager and executive is spread over a period of 34 years. His association with highly reputed multinationals such as Cyanamid and Gillette has honed his management, leadership, and communication skills. Saeed-ur-Rehman has also been involved in conducting sales training on a national platform.
|Senior Fellow: Marketing||IoBM – Institute of Business Management||January 2009 & Continuing|
|(Volunteer) C.E.O||The Noor Foundation UK||June 2008 – Till Date|
|Business Unit Manager||RG Pharmaceutical (Pvt) Ltd||January 2005 – Dec 2007|
|Sales Manager||International Brands (Pvt) Ltd||July 2004 – December 2005|
||Gillette Pakistan Limited||December 1990 – June 2004|
|District Manager||Cyanamid Pakistan Limited, Lederle Labs Division||August 1974 – September 1990|
- Product Failure due to design change the case of Gillette Pakistan, 8th South Asian International Conference Islamabad (SAICON), August 24 – 26, 2016.
- Hospital Supply Corporation Karachi, December 2013
Leadership & Motivation
- Lederlink Pharmaceutical Karachi, June 2013
- Lederlink Pharmaceutical Karachi, March 2013
- Management Excellence Center –IoBM, April 2012
Standout from the crowd: Merchandizing Skills
In collaboration with MEC, a daylong Merchandizing boot camp that gave the participants a hands-on training for one of the toughest roles in sales.
- Scentsation (Pvt) Ltd.., November 2011
Scentsationalization! The Golden Rule of Silence in Sales
A customized training program spread over a week tailored to meet the challenges of Pakistan’s first and largest chain of luxury perfume stores.
- Dunhill – Pakistan Tobacco Co., July 2008 & October 2008
Effective Pitching: Brand Ambassador Manner & Grooming
A week long training camp in Karachi & Lahore conducted for the training, development and grooming of Dunhill’s brand ambassadors.
- Inbox Computers & Technology, May 2008
A comprehensive training workshop for senior managers on sales and sales development.
- Comset International Ltd., March 2007
Product Knowledge, Steps of Sales Call & Negotiation Skills
A multi-tiered training program designed especially for the Hero Pakistani Cards sales team. A huge team of sales staff was trained to train the shop owners on the card machines.
- Sales Excellence by Peter Kent – Gillette UK ‘03
- Leadership & Team-building by Peter Kent – Gillette UK ‘02
- Managing Sales Force by Samir – Gillette Middle East ‘01
- Motivation & Performance Management by Samir – Gillette M/E 01
Kausar Saeed is an Associate Professor in the Department of Marketing. She has done MS in Management Sciences and currently she is pursuing her PhD in Management Sciences. Kausar possesses a diversified experience of corporate, academic, entrepreneurial and developmental sector. Kausar Saeed has served in various organizations at different positions including Aga Khan Foundation, Interflow Communications and Gtz. Kausar Saeed is an experienced academic, researcher and consultant in the field marketing and management. Kausar Saeed is currently a permanent faculty member at the Institute of Business Management. At IoBM, Kausar teaches business research and various marketing courses to graduate and under graduate level. In corporate Sector Kausar Saeed has worked on a countrywide research project of Indus Motors, Getz Pharma, Ernst and Young, Reckitt and Bannister , Charter for Compassion and The Aga Khan University and Hospital. Kausar Saeed is a trainer in EMEC conducting training’s on NPO Management Course in collaboration with The Asia Foundation and US Aid.At Aga Khan Foundation Kausar Saeed served as Manager Capacity Development where besides leading unit activities her job entailed designing, developing and delivering capacity development interventions to build human and institutional capacities of development sector organizations in Pakistan. Kausar Saeed conducted number of training’s in Human Resource Development, Project Management and Brand Building of NGOs.
Art beat, an advertising agency, was a successful entrepreneurial venture that was initiated and managed by Kausar after spending five years at Interflow Communications as Manager Client Service. Art beat was a full service agency catering for all the communication needs of its clients. Major clients included National Highway Authority, Pearl Continental Hotels, Rawalpindi and Bhurban, Marriot Hotel, Mobilink, Continental Foods, UNHCR etc.Kausar served in Interflow communications as Manager Client services where her experience includes business development, gathering information regarding industry, competition, and customer product or service, building customer relationships, devising creative and media strategies for the clients. During the tenure Kausar negotiated and collaborated with Brand Managers and Account partners to create and customize programs that improve sell-through for their target markets. Kausar Saeed was known for building strong partnerships with internal and external customers. As a manager she was not only responsible for the clients but also involved in for planning ahead, find best strategies, decide and implement, agree targets and objectives, monitor and control progress, evaluate performance, carry out appraisal and target-setting interviews.
Kausar has taught as Visiting Faculty member in leading universities of Islamabad and Rawalpindi including Quaid-e-Azam University, Comsats, Preston Institute of Management Science And Technology, Bahria University, Hamdard University, University of Arid Agriculture and she was an approved Supervisor for research thesis of Fatima Jinnah Women University.
- A Nationwide Research study for Indus Motors
Customer Perceptions And Behaviors—- A Study Of Toyota, Honda And Suzuki Car Owners
- Re positioning of Olcuf , A study on the cough syrup of Getz Pharma
- Pharmacy Detailing Program of Reckitt and Benckiser
- Re positioning of Ernst & Young Ford Rhodes Sidat Haider as an HR service provider
- Customer Satisfaction survey of ICI
- Training program of Mumkin by Charter of Compassion
Kausar has participated in number of conferences and presented her papers in National / International Conferences as follows:
“Influence of Customer’s Loyalty-Satisfaction Link on Services Usage”, Conference Proceedings, 19th EBES Conference – Istanbul May 26-28, 2016, Istanbul, Turkey. Hosted by Istanbul Technical University – Faculty of Management Department of Economics
“Identifying Gaps between Marketing Competencies Students Learn At Business Schools and Those Required At Job”, British Academy of Management Conference 2013 at Aintree Racecourse ground, Liverpool, September 10-12. Published in conference proceedings ISBN 978-0-9549608-6-5.
Effect of Celebrity Endorser on Consumer Brand Preference, 18th National Research Conference 2011 on Management ,Social Sciences and Economics, SZABIST NRC 90 Clifton Karachi, Pakistan,
Essential Employability Skills for Marketing Careers: Gap Analysis of Education and Profession, SIBR Conference (Society of Interdisciplinary Business Research) on Feburary 16-17, 2015 at Kuala Lumpur. Published at the SIBR Conference Proceedings (ISSN: 2223-5078).
An Exploratory study to examine the reasons of Brand Failures in Pakistan,
4th International Research Conference on Computer Science, Engineering, Management Sciences and Social Sciences, SZABIST, 90 Clifton Karachi , Pakistan.
- Saeed, K., & Siddiqui, K. A. (2016). Brands Failure: Factor Analytic Findings. Journal of Marketing Management and Consumer Behavior, 1(3).
- Saeed, K & Siddiqui K.A (2016). Influence of Customer’s Loyalty-Satisfaction Link on Services Usage Journal of Marketing Management and Consumer Behavior, Vol. 1, Issue 2 (2016) 22-31.
- Saeed K (2015), Gaps in Marketing Competencies between Employers’ Requirements and Graduates Marketing Skills, Pakistan Business Review, Volume 17, Number 1.
- Saeed. Kausar (2015), Brand Failure & Product Life Cycle: Descriptive Analyses, Science International journal, Publications International Lahore, Pakistan.Volume 27 and issue no. ISSN 1013-5316 Impact Factor http://scienceimpactfactor.com, IF=0.75.
- Saeed. K (2012), Celebrity Endorser’s Influence on Consumer Brand Preference, Pakistan Business Review, Volume 14, Number 2.
- Saeed. Kausar (2010), A marketing Strategy for promoting Hala Pottery
Kausar has participated in number of National/International conferences
- Saeed,K & Siddiqui K.A (2016) Tactics to save brands from permanent failure, 3 rd International Conference on Marketing Theme: Bottom of Pyramid: Emerging Markets in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia December 19 – 20, 2016
- Saeed, K & Siddiqui K.A (2016). Influence of Customer’s Loyalty-Satisfaction Link on Services Usage, Conference Proceedings, 19th EBES Conference – Istanbul May 26-28, 2016, Istanbul, Turkey. Hosted by Istanbul Technical University – Faculty of Management Department of Economics.
- Saeed, K (2015), Essential Employability Skills in Marketing Careers: Gap Analysis of Education and Profession, Conference Proceedings, SIBR Conference Proceedings (ISSN: 2223-5078).SIBR 2015 Kuala Lumpur Conference on Interdisciplinary Business & Economics Research, February 16-17 , 2015 Federal Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.
- Saeed, Kausar (2015) Brand Failure & Product Life Cycle: Descriptive Analyses, 5th International Multidisciplinary Conference, Imperial College Of Business Studies, Lahore. ISSN 1013-5316 : CODEN : SINTE 8
- “Identifying Gaps between Marketing Competencies Students Learn At Business Schools and Those Required At Job”, British Academy of Management Conference 2013 at Aintree Racecourse ground, Liverpool, September 10-12.
- Conference 2011 on Management ,Social Sciences and Economics, SZABIST NRC 90 Clifton Karachi Pakistan,
Saeed, K (2011) Effect of Celebrity Endorser on Consumer Brand Preference, 18th National Research Conference 2011 on Management ,Social Sciences and Economics, SZABIST NRC 90 Clifton Karachi Pakistan,
COURSES AND WORKSHOPS
- Brand Stewardship, conducted by Ogilvy & Mather in Sri Lanka.
- Professional Empowerment, conducted by K.Z.R. in Islamabad.
- Create or evaporate, a workshop arranged by Inter flow Communications in Karachi.
- International Talent Management by Nutshell.
- Human Resource Strategy Forum by Nutshell.
- Case studies on leading Brands by Revelations.
- The Secrets of Superior Service & Partnership Power by Ron Kaufman.
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People.
- Programme on Case Method of Teaching at LUMS Lahore.
- Workshop on Management, Leadership & Change.
- Uplifting Service by Ron Kaufman.
- Customer Experience Summit 2016
Saadiyeh Said has an MBA from IBA, Karachi. Saadiyeh Said has over 20 years of Marketing and market research experience, having worked in organizations like Johnson and Johnson and as Executive Director for Aftab Associates. Saadiyeh Said has worked as a marketing consultant for Ferozesons Laboratories, Pakistan Ltd and Shazeb Industries. In addition, Saadiyeh Said has been actively involved in marketing management training programs for various organizations and has undertaken several market research projects on a national level.
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)- Sept. 2008 to present
Assistant Professor, Marketing – Have been teaching Methods in Business Research, Marketing Management, Principles of Marketing and Consumer Behavior.
Aftab Associates (Pvt.) Ltd. – October 1997-June 2000
Executive Director, Aftab Associates Pvt. Ltd.
Headed the Karachi Business of Aftab Associates Pvt.Ltd., which was 60% of the entire national Business of Aftab Associates.
Aftab Associates (Pvt.) Ltd. – Sept 1991 – June 1996
Business Development Manager.
Ferozesons Laboratories Pakistan Ltd. & ShazebIndustries(Pvt.)Ltd. – June1989 – Aug.1991
Business Development Manager, Ferozesons Laboratories Ltd.
Marketing Consultant, Shazeb Industries.
Johnson & Johnson Pakistan (Pvt.) Ltd – Jan.1986-June 1988
Senior Product Manager Johnson & Johnson (Pvt.) Ltd.
Product Manager, Johnson & Johnson Pvt. Ltd. Jan.1981-Dec.1995.
- Taught Business Mathematics and Principles of Marketing at Greenwich Institute of Management.
- Taught Marketing Management at Memon Institute of Management and Hamdard University.
Brief Statement of Research Interest
- As part of the team of Aftab Associates (Pvt.) Ltd. have been active in both Qualitative as well as Quantitative Market Research, particularly areas of interest are in qualitative research: Specifically in-depth Interviews and FGDs.
HONORS and AWARDS
- USAID Scholar at Boston College, USA.
- Worked on Women Empowerment Projects in Shah Faisal Colony and Abbas Town.
- Participated in fund raisers for TCF. Collected and distributed funds for flood victims in Badin.
- Spearheaded a market research study on the “Attitude and Perceptions of Cars” for Indus Motors Pakistan.
- Marketing Research Society.
Dr. Syed Amir Saeed
Dr. Syed Amir Saeed after completing his MBA, joined Gulf Ship chandlers Dubai, where he was responsible for managing marketing activities and supplies to United Arab Shipping Corporations. He joined teaching in year 2000, secure MPhil in Marketing degree, and executed multiple research projects in collaboration with Gallup Pakistan, for the major clients including world bank and British council. He also provided advertising consultancy for different national and multinational brands. He completed his PhD in Marketing from Institute of Management Sciences in October 2015.
- PhD (Marketing). from Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar.
Topic: Enhancing tax morale through marketing tactics.
- MS (Marketing), Peshawar.
Topic: The problems of Advertising agencies.
- MBA (Marketing), University of Peshawar.
- Bachelor of Science, Islamia College, Peshawar.
- HSSC/ FSc. & PIHSSC, Al Ain (Abu Dhabi) U.A.E.
COURSES and CERTIFICATES
- Enhancing employee productivity
- Poverty Alleviation through sustainable Agricultural development
- Lean Management
- Packaging design for Julia Lawn, Ittihad textiles Faisalabad, and Lowitt pharma
- Advertising Designs for: Sogo Karachi, Pheonex Batteries, Malako, Cafe Diviento, Kashmala’s Faisalabad, Mitsubishi Motors, Euro Sausages, Edwardes College, Mahak Valley, Cleopatra, Curves Club, Jayson Paints, Noble Shoes, Royal Residencia, Sehrai Travels, Life Style, Concrete Wizardes Islamabad, Al-Fursan Sharjah, RM Technologies, Dubai. etc.
- May2014- till date.
Institute of Business Management Karachi,
Designation: Assistant Professor.
- Feb 2013-Apr 2014.
Iqra University, Peshawar.
Designation: Assistant professor.
- Feb 2010-Jan 2013.
Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar.
Designation: Assistant Professor.
- Mar 2006 – Jan 2010.
Edwards College Peshawar.
Designation: Coordinator HND, MBA (in Association with Edexcel UK).
- Jan. 2000 -Mar 2006.
NWFP Agricultural University Peshawar.
Designation: Member Faculty, Academic coordinator.
- Sep 1996 – Oct. 2000. Gulf Ship chandlers Co. Dubai.
Designation: Sales Executive.
- Brand Activation projects for Zong, Telenor, Telemart, Dollor Industries, Taza Mart, CampusFeed, Dollar Industries, Dairy Omang, New York Pizza, Epic Energy Drink, Tohfey.com, BOGO, Pepsi (Lays).
- Packaging consultancy for Julia Lawn, Ittihad textiles Faisalabad, and Lowitt pharmaceuticals
- Advertising Consultancy for: Sogo Karachi, Pheonex Batteries, Malako, Cafe Diviento, Kashmala’s Faisalabad, Mitsubishi Motors, Euro Sausages, Edwardes College, Mahak Valley, Cleopatra, Curves Club, Jayson Paints, Noble Shoes, Royal Residencia, Sehrai Travels, Life Style, Concrete Wizardes Islamabad, Al-Fursan Sharjah, RM Technologies, Dubai.
- Interviewer for the Middle East Market Research And Consultancy (MEMRAC) in the study of smoking habits and Brand Preferences among different nations.
- Conducted the study of determining the Problems faced by Private sector due to Government sector organizations (Client: World Bank).
- Conducted research on the causes of failure of industries in Jamrud Industrial Estate, Peshawar on behalf of the Research and Development Division of Institute of Management Studies, University of Peshawar.
- Mystery shopper for KFC.
- Conducted Focus group session (Twice) for British council for their new product e-learning in Peshawar.
- Consumer New Decision Journey: Conference Proceedings SAICON August 2016, Islamabad.By the People,
- For the people: Crowd sourcing as strategy of Business innovative; Conference Proceedings May 20, 2017, Iqra University, Karachi.
- Focus Group in Karachi, Lahore, Multan, and Islamabad for Indus Motors Pakistan
- Impact of lighting as visual merchandising tool on consumer purchase intension. Published in PBR.
- Enhancing tax morale through extrinsically motivating tax payers in Pakistan, Published in PBR.
- Creating a country brand: Conference proceedings and publication accepted, Malysia.
- Enhancing tax morale with marketing tactics. Published in AJBM, Nigeria.
- Marketing strategies of FBR to motivate tax payers in Pakistan, Published in AJBM, UK.
- Problems affecting the creativity of advertising agencies. Published in Journal of Managerial Sciences.
- The social cost of experiential learning. Conference proceedings, IoBM Karachi.
- Smoking habits and Brand Preferences among different nations in UAE in association with Middle East Market Research and Consultancy (Field Study).
- Problems faced by Private Sector in ease of doing business in Pakistan in association with Gallup Pakistan; field study. (Client: World Bank)
- Causes of failure of industries in Jamrud Industrial Estate, Peshawar. Research and Development Division of Institute of Management Studies, University of Peshawar.
- CHAMPS Check field study; client Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC).
- Focus group session conducted (Twice) for British council for their new product e-learning product for the mid-level managers in Pakistan (Field Study).
Dr.Muhammad Adnan Bashir
Dr. Muhammad Adnan Bashir, Assistant Professor, Marketing has done his PhD in Marketing from the Institute of Business Management, M.Phil & MBA from Iqra University, Karachi. He holds B.Sc (Hons) & M.Sc degrees in Microbiology from University of Karachi. He has over 6 years of work experience in both multinational and national pharmaceutical companies. He worked for GlaxoSmithKline, Atco Laboratories and Novartis Pharma Pakistan. Research area includes Branding and Customer Engagement through Online Social Media.
- 2016 PhD. (Business Management), IoBM, Karachi.
- 2012 M.Phil. (Business Management), Iqra University, Karachi
- 2008 MBA(Marketing), Indus University, Karachi
- 2005 MSc. (Microbiology), University of Karachi
- 2004 MSc (Hons). (Microbiology), University of Karachi.
- Assistant Professor at (CBM, IoBM), November 2016 to Date
- PhD Research Fellow at (CBM, IoBM), May 2014 to Date
- Oncology Associate at (Novartis Oncology), April 2011-April 2014
- OncologyManager at (Atco Oncology), Novemebr 2007-January 2010
- Medical Service Executive at (GlaxoSmithKline), January 2006-Novemebr 2007
- Bashir, M. A., Ayub, N. A., 2016. Impact of Customer Brand Relationship through Facebook on the level of Customer Engagement. Pakistan Business Review. 18(1), 159-178.
- Bashir, M. A., Ayub, N. A., Jalees, T., 2017. Impact of Firm Generated Contents and User Generated Contents through social media on Brand Equity elements. Pakistan Business Review. 19(3)
- Impact of Brand Communication, Country of Origin and Uniqueness on Brand Equity. (Under Review for publication; Journal of Independent Studies and Research, Management Sciences, Social Sciences and Economics, JIST-MSSE., SZABIST)
- Bashir, M.A. 2016, “Impact of Brand Communication and Uniqueness on Brand Equity and Brand Attitude” at International Conference on Innovation and Emerging Trends in Business Management (ICIEBM), June 4th-5th, 2016.
- Bashir, M. A., & Ayub, N. A. 2016, “Impact of Customer Brand Relationship through Facebook on the level of Customer Engagement” at National Research Conference on Business and Management (NRCBM), March 6th-7th, 2016.
- Bashir, M. A., Jalees. T. 2015, “Perceived Sales Promotion Intensity, Social Media Marketing Activities, Country of Origin, Uniqueness and Brand Equity” at National Research Conference on Management and Business (NRCMB), December 15th, 2015.
- Bashir, M. A., Jalees. T. 2015, “Social Media Marketing Activities, Perceived Sales Promotion Intensity, Brand Loyalty, Brand Equity and Purchase Intention” at International Conference on Business and Management (ICBM), November 28th-29th, 2015
- Bashir, M. A., Jalees. T. 2015, “Brand Equity Measurement Dimensions” at International Conference on Management, Education and Social Science Research (ICMESSR), April 4th-5th, 2015.
Mr. Nawaz Ahmad is Assistant Professor & Research Consultant at Institute of Business Management (IoBM) Karachi. Besides teaching research courses he is Editor of International Journal of Experiential Learning and Case Studies (IJELCS) – a double blind peer reviewed journal published by IoBM sami-annually. Being an active researcher, he is given responsibility to lead IFJ Publications Consultancy Support Center which primarily facilitates faculty, scholars, and students for their publications in impact factor journals.
He has been associated with the teaching profession for the last 18 years and Training and Research for 11 years. He has taught various subjects such as Research Methods, Advance Quantitative research, Islamic Finance, Corporate finance, Financial Management, Managerial Accounting, Economics, Econometrics, Financial Time Series, etc. in different Universities of Karachi like KARACHI University, SZABIST, IQRA University, Greenwich University and BAHRIA University. He has been providing trainings at Epla Laboratories, Boch Pharmaceuticals, DGTR (Directorate General of Training and Research) Customs, AKU – Examination Board, and different Universities. The training sessions consist of SPSS, E – Views, Research Issues, Management Issues, Economic issues, Analysis, etc. at different academic and Industrial forums.
At Greenwich University, he was Editor of the proceedings of Greenwich Multidisciplinary Research Conference (GMRC) and activated GRDC – Greenwich Research & Development Center whereas at Indus University he edited IJMS (Indus Journal of Management Sciences) and founded a Research Center. Thus being associated with research, he has published 61 research articles in national and international journals and 20 conference proceedings in the field of Management Sciences, Social Sciences, and Economics, which could be accessed at:
He has been an active member of Board of Studies (BoS) and Board of Advance Studies and Research (BASAR) of Greenwich University and Indus University. He is also member of Curriculum Committee who review existing courses and incorporate new courses as per industry requirements.
Mr. Ahmad has completed his MS from SZABIST, Karachi, Pakistan in the field of Management Sciences (Financial Economics). He has completed his PhD course work and tenure from University of Sind and currently compiling his PhD Dissertation titled “Measuring the Impact of Venture Financing on Entrepreneurship and Job Creation: A Case Study of Sindh”.
|PhD (Management Sciences)||University of Sindh Jamshoro (2017 – expected)|
|MS (Management Sciences)||SZABIST Karachi (2012)|
|MBA (Accounting & Finance)||PIMSAT Karachi (2001)|
|B.Com||Karachi University (1997)|
|1||Institute of Business Management (IoBM)||College of Business Management||May 2016 till now||Assistant Professor & Research Consultant|
|2||Indus University||Research||Aug 2013 – Feb 2015||Assistant Professor and Head of Research & Publications|
|3||Greenwich University||Research||Jan 2007 – Feb 2013||Assistant Professor & Head of Research|
|4||Iqra University||–||May 2008 – May 2016||Visiting Faculty|
|5||Institute of Business Management (IoBM)||–||Sep 2015 – May 2016||Visiting Faculty|
|6||Hamdard University||–||Jan 2016 – May 2016||Visiting Faculty|
|7||DHA Suffa University||–||Feb 2016 – Jun 2016||Visiting Faculty|
|8||Bahria University||–||Aug 2013 – May 2016||Visiting Faculty|
|9||SZABIST||–||Jan 2005 – Dec 2012||Visiting Faculty|
|10||College of Nursing, JPMC||–||2010 – 2013||Visiting Faculty|
|11||BIZTEK||–||Feb 2007 – Dec 2008||Lecturer|
|12||KASBIT||–||Jan 2008 – Mar 2010||Visiting Faculty|
|15||Grace Institute of Technology||–||2000–2002||Visiting Faculty|
|16||AKUEB||–||Jan 2011 – date||Chief Examiner|
|17||ICMAP||–||2010 – 2013||Examiner|
|18||Avicenna O&A Level School||–||Sep 2012– May 2014||Sr. Teacher|
|19||OASYS (O &A Levels)||–||2005-2009||Sr. Teacher|
|20||Avicenna O&A Level School||–||2002–2005||Teacher|
|21||Aisha Bawany O Level School||–||1999–2002||Teacher|
|1||RTS||Principal Consultant||Sept 2014 – Date||Karachi|
|2||DGTR, Customs (FBR)||Subject Specialist – Pakistan Economy||2013 – Date||Karachi|
- Finance (introduction, advance, Strategic, Security, Portfolio, Corporate & Islamic)
- Research (basic, advance & quantitative)
- Statistics, Econometrics, Time Series Analysis, Forecasting Techniques
- Financial Economics
- Islamic Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Social Issues
- Management Issues
- Education Management
30 Conference Papers in National and International Conferences
- Fasih, S. T. & Ahmad, N. (2017). Analysis of HEC Hiring Criteria: A Pilot Study. IBT 10th National Conference on Management & Social Sciences. Karachi.
- Gul, K., Shamsi,A. F., Ahmad, N. & Ansari, B. (2017). Un-banking in Under-developing Economy. IBT 10th National Conference on Management & Social Sciences. Karachi.
- Mehmood, W., & Ahmad, N. (2017). Impact of CPEC on PSX and Shanghai Stock Exchange Market Volatility using GARCH Method. 29th IBIMA (pp. 568-585). Vienna, Austria: IBIMA Publishers, USA. [ISI Indexed]
- Ahmad, N., & Ansari, B. (2017). Stock Returns VS T-Bills: Pre and Post CPEC Announcement Analysis. 29th IBIMA (pp. 586-596). Vienna, Austria: IBIMA Publishers, USA. [ISI Indexed]
- Zafar, M., & Ahmad, N. (2017). Sectoral Betas: Pre and Post CPEC Announcement Comparison. 29th IBIMA (pp. 667-676). Vienna, Austria: IBIMA Publishers, USA. [ISI Indexed]
- Ahmed, R. R., Ahmad, N., & Channar, Z. A. (2016). Relationship between Training & Development and Performance of Business Schools Faculty. 9th ICERI2016 Conference. 14th-16th November 2016, Seville, Spain.
- Bokhari, S. N., Ahmad, N. & Hyder, S. I. (2016), Leadership Styles and Presenteeism: A Study on Healthcare Professionals in Karachi. In K. S. Soliman (Ed.), The 28th International Business Information Management Association Conference. 9-10 November. At Seville, Spain.
- Khan, F. A. & Ahmad, N. (2016), Determinants of Dividend Payout: An Empirical Study of Pharmaceutical Companies of PSA. In K. S. Soliman (Ed.), The 28th International Business Information Management Association Conference. 9-10 November. At Seville, Spain.
- Ahmed, K. A., Sharif, N. & Ahmad, N. (2016), Factors Influencing Career Choice: Empirical Investigation from Business Students. In K. S. Soliman (Ed.), The 28th International Business Information Management Association Conference. 9-10 November. At Seville, Spain.
- Ahmed, R. R. & Ahmad, N. (2016), Impact of Gold Prices on Stock Returns of KSE 100 Index: ARDL Testing Approach. The State of Pakistan Economy: Issues and Challenges in 21st Century, Sep 27, 28. At IoBM, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Ahmad, N. & Ahmed, R. R. (2016), Intention to become Entrepreneur: An Empirical Investigation. Entrepreneurial Engineering, August, At IoBM, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Ahmed, R. R. & Ahmad, N. (2016), Exploring the Relationship among Leadership Style, Human Capital and Entrepreneurship Activities: Evidence from Pakistani Pharmaceutical Industry. Entrepreneurial Engineering, August, At IoBM, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Ahmed, R. R., Vveinhardt, J. & Ahmad, N. (2016), Empirical Analysis of Internet Usage and Academic Performance of Students: Evidence from Pakistan. EDULEARN 16, (pp. 3883-3892). Barcelona, Spain. ISBN: 978-84-608-8860-4.
- Ahmed, R. R., Vveinhardt, J., & Ahmad, N. (2016). The Impact of Time and Regime on External Debts of Pakistan: An Empirical Study. In K. S. Soliman (Ed.), The 27th International Business Information Management Association Conference (pp. 486-497). Milan, Italy.
- Ahmad, N. & Nauman, S. (2016), Student Optimism – Grading of an experiential learning project. ICEL-16, Apr 9-10. At IoBM, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Ahmed, R. R., Vvienhardt, J., Ahmad, N. & Sadiq, H. (2016), The Impact of Working conditions on Female Teachers’ Performance in Private Universities of Karachi. 10th annual International Technology, Education and Development Conference, Proceedings of INTED2016 Conference, pp. 5543-5552, ISBN: 978-84-608-5617-7, 7th-9th March 2016, At Valencia, Spain.
- Ahmad, N., Ahmed, R. R. & Zohaib, M. M. (2016), Stock Returns: Comparison among Selected Developing Countries. 1st National Research Conference on Business Management (NRCBM 16), March, At PAF KIET, Karachi, Pakistan. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.1.3818.4085.
- Ahmad, N., Ahmed, R.R., Tamimi, N. A. & Vveinhardt, J. Consumption Frequency of Genetically Moderated Food and Increased Cancer in Pakistan. 35th Pakistan Congress of Zoology, Centre of Excellence in Marine Biology, Karachi, 1 – 4 Mar., 2015.
- Ahmed, R.R., Vveinhardt, J., Ahmad, N., Tamimi, N. A. & Haider, S. Role of Fisheries in Income Generation in Poor Population of Sindh. 35th Pakistan Congress of Zoology, Centre of Excellence in Marine Biology, Karachi, 1 – 4 Mar., 2015.
- Tamimi, N. A., Ahmed, R. R., Ahmad, N. & Vveinhardt, J. Fish Lading and Health Status of Fishermen’s Families in Karachi. 35th Pakistan Congress of Zoology, Centre of Excellence in Marine Biology, Karachi, 1 – 4 Mar., 2015.
- Ashraf, M. & Ahmad, N. Stress and Job Satisfaction: A causal Study of Female Bankers. 6th IBT Conference, Institute of Business & Technology, 6 Feb., 2015.
- Ahmad, N. Tamimi, N.A. & Ghauri, S.P. Population Estimation of an Aquarium Fish Chanda Ranga in an Edible Fish Pond at Thatta, Sindh. 34th Pakistan Congress of Zoology, BZU, 25 – 27 Feb., 2014.
- Nasir, F. Herani, G.M. & Ahmad, N. Identifying Factors Affecting Patients’ Satisfaction against Quality of Health Care Services: An Investigation from Aga Khan Hospital Karachi. 2ndInternational Conference on Global Development with Innovative Solutions (2ndICGDIS-2012), Indus University, 15th& 16th Dec., 2012.
- Ahmad, N. & Lakhan, A. A. External Debts of Pakistan – An Era to Era Comparison. 2nd International Research Conference, SZABIST, 14th& 15th Dec., 2012.
- Siddiqui, A. & Ahmad, N. Fraud Risk – The Role of Information Technology. 2nd International Research Conference, SZABIST, 14th& 15th Dec., 2012.
- Billoo, M. & Ahmad, N. Choosing a Distributor: An Investigation from Pharmaceutical Industry of Pakistan. 2nd GMRC, Greenwich University, 10th Nov., 2012.
- Ali, U., Ahmad, N., & Qureshi, F. Q. Customer Retention in Fast Food Industry.18th NRC, SZABIST, 16th& 17th Dec. 2011
- Mehmood, S. & Ahmad, N. Perception Towards Business Schools: A Three Dimensional View Including Students, Management of Institutes, and Corporate Organizations of Karachi.15th NRC, SZABIST, 8th May, 2010
- Ahmad, N. & Azam, SM. S. Asset Price Bubbles with specific focus on stock prices in Pakistan.10th NRC, SZABIST, 8th Dec., 2007
- Ahmad, N. & Husain, F. The Relation between Stock Prices and Money Supply in Pakistan: An Investigation. 8th NRC, SZABIST, 9th Dec., 2006
64 Publications in National and International indexed Journals.
- Ahmed, R.R., Vveinhardt, J., Ahmad, N. & Štreimikienė, D. (2017), Karachi Inter-Bank Offered Rate (KIBOR) Forecasting: Box-Jenkins (ARIMA) Testing Approach. E&M Economics and Management Research, 20(2), 188-198. DOI: 10.15240/tul/001/2017-2-014. [IF: 1.242]
- Ahmed, R.R., Vveinhardt, J., Štreimikienė, D., Ghauri, S.P. & Ahmad, N. (2017). Estimation of Long-Run Relationship of Inflation (CPI & WPI), and Oil Prices with KSE-100 index: Evidence from Johansen Multivariate Cointegration approach. Technological and Economic Development of Economy,23(4), 567-588, DOI: 10.3846/20294913.2017.1289422.
- Shamsi, A. F., Kausar, R. & Ahmad, N. (2017). The Role of Leadership in Transforming the Attitude of Subordinates – A Study Conducted In Karachi, Pakistan. Grassroots, 51(1), 376-395. [HEC ‘Z’ category]
- Ahmed, A. & Ahmad, N. (2017). Comparative Analysis of Rote Learning on High and Low Achievers in Graduate and Undergraduate Programs. Journal of Education and Educational Development, 4(1), 111-129. [HEC ‘Z’ category]
- Ahmed, K. A., Sharif, N. & Ahmad, N. (2017). Factors Influencing Students’ Career Choices: Empirical Evidence from Business Students. Journal of Southeast Asian Research, 2017, 1-15. DOI: 10.5171/2017.718849
- Bokhari, S. N., Ahmad, N. & Hyder, S. I. (2017). Presenteeism: A Reflection of Leadership Styles among Healthcare Professionals in Karachi. Journal of Southeast Asian Research, 2017, 1-11. DOI: 10.5171/2017.255072
- Khan, F. A. & Ahmad, N. (2017). Determinants of Dividend Payout: An Empirical Study of Pharmaceutical Companies of Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX). Journal of Financial Studies & Research, 2017, 1-16. DOI: 10.5171/2017.538214.
- Khan, F. A., Khan, S. & Ahmad, N. (2016). Effects of External Cues on Impulse Buying in Pret Market. Journal of Independent Studies and Research, 14(2), 29-50. [HEC ‘Y’ category]
- Khan, F. A., Khan, S. & Ahmad, N. (2016). Effects of External Cues on Impulse Buying in Pret Market. Journal of Independent Studies and Research, 14(2), 29-50. [HEC ‘Y’ category].
- Ahmad, N., Khan, S. & Ali, F. (2016). An Investigation of Workplace Environment in Karachi Textile Industry towards Emotional Health. Journal of Independent Studies and Research, 14(1), 63-78.
- Ahmad, N. & Hoodbhoy, C. (2016). Importance of Public Relations in New Business. International Journal of Experiential Learning & Case Studies, 1(1), pp.
- Ahmad, N., & Ashraf, M. (2016), The Impact of Occupational Stress on University Employees’ Personality. Journal of Education and Education Development, 3(2), 179-202.
- Ahmad, N., Ahmed, R. R., Vvienhardt, J., Streimikiene, D. (2016), Empirical Analysis of Stock Returns and Volatility: Evidence from Asian Stock Markets. TECHNOLOGICAL AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF ECONOMY, 22(6), 808-829. doi: 10.3846/20294913.2016.1213204. [IF: 1.952]
- Ahmad, N., Shamsi, A.F. & Hussain, S. (2016), Impact of Counterfeit Products on Consumer Buying Behavior: Empirical Investigation form Karachiites. Grassroots, 50(1), 126-134.
- Ashraf, M., Ahmad, N. & Haider, S. (2016), Antecedents of Turnover Intentions: A Study of Karachi Business Schools. Journal of Business Studies, 12(1), 139-156.
- Vveinhardt, J., Streimikiene, D., Ahmed, R. R., Ahmad, N. & Rehman, Aniqe. (2016), Mean reversion: an investigation from Karachi stock exchange sectors, Technological and Economic Development of Economy, 22(4), 493-511. [IF: 1.952]
- Ahmad, N., Ahmed, R. R. & Meenai, Y. A. (2015), Asset Price Bubbles with specific focus on stock prices in Pakistan. Business Review 10(1), 61-71.
- *Ahmad, N. & Zubedi, M.S., (2015), Impact of Creativity in Fashion: An Empirical Investigation. New Horizons, 9(2),
- *Ahmad, N., Ashraf, M., & Riaz, P. (2015), Impact of Workers’ Remittances on GDP: Empirical Evidence from Pakistan. IBT Journal of Business Studies, 11(2),
- Ahmad, N. (2015), Events Influencing the External Debts of Pakistan. Journal of Poverty, Investment and Development, 18, 1-6.
- Ahmad, N. Nasir, F. & Aleem, M. U. (2015), Sales Forecasting of Merk Pharma Company using ARMA Model. Research Journal of Finance and Accounting, 6(21), 30-36.
- Ahmad, N. & Rana, A. (2015), Impact of Music on Mood: Empirical Investigation. Research on Humanities and Social Sciences, 5(21), 98-101.
- Niazi, M. M., Ahmad, N. & Aftab, M. (2015), A Psycho-linguistic Exploration of Color Semantics. Journal of Literature, Languages and Linguistics, 16, 1-6.
- Ahmad, N., Salman, A. & Shamsi, A. F. (2015), Impact of Financial Leverage on Firm’s Profitability: An Investigation from Cement Sector of Pakistan. Research Journal of Finance and Accounting, 6(7), 75-80.
- Ahmad, N. Salman, A. & Ashiq, R. (2015), The Impact of Social Media on Fashion Industry: Empirical Investigation from Karachiites. Journal of Resources Development and Management, 7, 1-7.
- Lodhi, R. A., Ahmad, N. & Ahmed, R. R. (2015), An Empirical Study for Achieving Economies of Scale by Utilization of (HHO) Hydrogen Hydroxy Gas as Additional Fuel. Journal of Energy Technologies and Policy, 5(4), 1-10.
- Ahmad, N., Khoso, I. & Ahmed, R. R. (2015), A Comparative Study of NAV (Net Asset Value) Returns of Open-ended and Close-ended Mutual Funds in Pakistan. International Journal of Information, Business and Management, 7(1), 82-100.
- Ahmad, N., Salman, A. & Qureshi, J. (2015), Comparative Analysis of Stock Returns Generated from Their Broad Index Performance and Liquidity as per Their Share Turnover Velocity: Pre and Post Demutualization. Research Journal of Finance and Accounting, 6(1), 26-38.
- Ahmed, R.R., Vveinhardt, J., Ahmad, N. & Mujeeb, M. (2014), The Business Outsourcing in Telecommunication Industry: Case of Pakistan. Transformations in Business and Economics, 13(2B), 760-779.
- Ahmad, N., Ashraf, M. & Shaikh, K. H. (2014). An Empirical Investigation to the Factors Influencing Buying Decision of Luxury Goods: A Study of Y Generation. Global Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies, 4(2), 84-94.
- Salman, A., Ahmad, N. & Matin, F. (2014). Factors Affecting on Employees Retention in Banking Sector: An Investigation from Karachi. European Journal of Business and Management, 6(37), 169-178.
- Salman, A., Ahmad, N. & Hasan, R. (2014). Zero-Size Body Physique and Fashion Models’ Health. Research on Humanities and Social Sciences, 4(27), 149-152.
- Salman, A. & Ahmad, N. (2014). Determining Factors of Private Investment: Empirical Study of Pakistan. Developing Country Studies, 4(25), 104-120.
- Ahmad, N., Vveinhardt, J. & Ahmed, R.R. (2014), Impact of Word of Mouth on Consumer Buying Decision. European Journal of Business and Management, 6(31), 394-403.
- Ahmad, N., Ahmed, R.R., Jahangir, A., Mujtaba, G., Shamim, H. & Baig, R. (2014), Impacts of Guerrilla Advertising on Consumer Buying Behavior. Information and Knowledge Management, 4(8), 45-52.
- Ahmed, R. R., Warraich, U. A., Khoso, I. & Ahmad N. (2014). Impact of Stress on Job Performance: An Empirical study of the Employees of Private Sector Universities of Karachi. Global Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies, 4(2), 104-108.
- Ahmed, R. R., Parmar, V., Ahmad, N. & Amin, M. A. (2014), Economic and Social Progress under Civilian & Military Set-ups in Pakistan. Developing Country Studies 4(16), 12-18.
- Ahmed, R.R., Saifullah, A. Ahmad, N., & Jatoi, I. (2014), Ravaged Land: An Investigation of Factors Affecting Pakistan’s Tourism Industry. Information and Knowledge Management, 4(8), 135-142.
- Saifullah, A., Ahmad, N., Ahmed, R.R. & Khalid, B. (2014), Frozen Food Revolution: Investigating How Availability of Frozen Food Affects Consumer Buying Behavior. International Journal of Economics, Commerce and Management, 2(8), 1-13.
- Ahmad, N. Ali, M. & Palwishah, R.I. (2014), Impact of Selected Variables on GDP Growth: An Investigation from Pakistan. Al-Barkaat Journal of Finance & Management, 6(1), 25-33.
- Ahmed R R., Ahmad N., Mirza M.& Parmar V. (2014), Factors that Motivate the Mobile Phone Users to Switch from 2G to 3G Technologies in Karachi. Research Journal of Management Sciences, 3(8), 18-21.
- Ahmad, N. & Ahmed, R. R., Mangi, R. A., Palwishah, R.I. & Susan, A. (2014), Factors Motivating Employees in Public Sector Banks: An Empirical Investigation, European academic research, 2(5), 6005-6021.
- Ahmed, R.R., Parmar, V., Ahmad, N., Warraich, U. A. & Khoso, I. (2014), The Communication Mix in Pharmaceutical Marketing. The Pharma Innovation Journal, 3(5), 46-53.
- Ahmad, N., Ahmed, R.R., Khoso, I., Palwishah, R.I. & Raza, U. (2014), Impact of Exchange Rate on Balance of Payment: An Investigation from Pakistan. Research Journal of Finance and Accounting, 5(13), 32-42.
- Shamimulhaq, S., Ahmed, R. R., Ahmad N., Khoso, I. & Parmar, V. (2014), Factors Influencing Prescription Behavior of Physicians. The Pharma Innovation Journal, 3(5), 30-35
- Ahmed, R.R., Ahmad, N., Nasir, F., & Khoso, I. (2014), Patients’ Satisfaction and Quality Health Services: An Investigation from Private Hospitals of Karachi, Pakistan. Research Journal of Recent Sciences, 3(7), 34-38.
- Lodhi, R.A., Ahmed, R.R. & Ahmad N. (2014), Factors Affecting in Selection of School for Upcoming Generation: A Case Study of Karachi Urban Areas, Pakistan. Research Journal of Educational Sciences, 2(4), 1-7.
- Ahmed, R.R., Ahmad, N., Parmar, V. & Khoso, I. (2014). Role of Packaging and Labeling on Pakistani Consumers Purchase Decision. European Scientific Journal, 10(16), 464-473.
- Ashraf, M., Ahmad, N., Shaikh, O.A., & Bhatti, S.R. (2014), Emotional Intelligence and Job Satisfaction among Employees of Service Sector of Pakistan. International Journal of Innovative Research & Development 3(5), 205-214.
- Zubair, M. Ahmad, N. & Ahmed, R.R. (2014), Key Factors to Promote Knowledge Sharing in Karachi Pharmaceutical Industry. Information and Knowledge Management, 4(4), 125-138.
- Ahmed, R.R., Ahmad, N., Khoso, I., Arif K.A. & Palwishah, R.I. (2014), Competitive Intelligence and Marketing Effectiveness of Organizations: An Investigation from Pakistan. European Scientific Journal, 10(13), 342-353.
- Ahmed, R R., Parmar, V. & Ahmad, N. (2014), Causal Relationship between Worker’s Remittances and Imports in Pakistan. European Journal of Scientific Research 119 (3), 327-336.
- Siddiqui, A. & Ahmad, N. (2013), Fraud Risk – The Role of Information Technology. Indus Journal of Management Sciences, 1(1), 48-52
- Warraich, U.A., Ahmad, N., & Qureshi, F.Q. (2013), Customer Retention in Fast Food Industry. Indus Journal of Management Sciences, 1(1), 41-47.
- Ashraf, M. Ahmad, N. Shaikh, O.A. Bhatti, S.R. & Soomro, A.H. (2013), The Determinants of Job Satisfaction in Public Servise Organization. European Scientific Journal, 9(35), 362-377.
- Ahmad, N. (2013), External Debts: A Comparative Study of Pakistan in Democratic and Military Regimes. Journal of Business Strategies, 7(1), 69-75.
- Ahmad, N. & Wassan, M. (2013), Does FDI Led Growth Exist in Pakistan? Al-Barkaat Journal of Finance & Management, 5(1), 62-77.
- Ahmad, N. & Sara, M. (2012). Volatility in Gold Price Returns: An Investigation from International Market. Journal of Commerce, Management and Social Science, 1(2), 195-207.
- Ahmad, N., Billoo, M. & Lakhan, A.A. (2012). Effect of Product Packaging on Consumer Buying Decision. Journal of Business Strategies, 6(2), 1-10.
- Sheikh, H. & Ahmad, N. (2012). An Investigation to Consequences of Depression at Work – Place: Evidence from Working Professionals at Karachi. Indus Journal of Management & Social Sciences, 6(1), 1-8.
- Nasir, F. Herani, G.M. & Ahmad, N. (2012). Identifying Factors Affecting Patients’ Satisfaction against Quality of Health Care Services: An Investigation from Aga Khan Hospital Karachi. KASBIT Business Journal, 5, 62-68.
- Mehmood, S. & Ahmad, N. (2011). Perception Towards Business Schools: A Three Dimensional View Including Students, Management of Institutes, and Corporate Organizations of Karachi. JISR, 9(1), 11-30.
- Ahmad, N. (2010). Volatility among Regional Stock Markets: An Empirical Analysis. JISR, 8(1), 17-28.
- Ahmad, N. & Husain, F. (2007). The Relation between Stock Prices and Money Supply in Pakistan: An Investigation. JISR, 5(2), 30-32.
- 117 citations on google scholars
- 62 Theses
- 12 Independent Studies
- 76 Citations on Research Gate
- 9.505 Impact Factor
REVIEWER & EDITORSHIP
|Editor||Journal of Experiential Learning and Case Studies (IoBM)||New|
|Editor/Reviewer||Indus Journal of Management Sciences (former)|
|Proceedings||Greenwich Multidisciplinary Research Conference (GMRC) on Management, Social, and Physical Sciences, 1(2), Nov., 2012|
|Proceedings||Greenwich Multidisciplinary Research Conference (GMRC) on Management, Social, and Physical Sciences, 1(2), Mar., 2012|
|Reviewer||Iranian Journal of Management Studies (IJMS)||ISI IFJ|
|Reviewer||IBIMA Publishing, USA||ISI|
|Editorial Board Member||Journal of Business Studies (JBS)||HEC Y|
|Reviewer||Journal of Economics & Business Review (JoEBR)||HEC Y|
|Reviewer||Journal of Education & Educational Development (JoEED)||HEC Z|
|Editorial Board||SALU Commerce & Economic Review|
|Reviewer||Journal of Business Strategies (JBS)||HEC Z|
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
Examination Building: Room No. 412, Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – 411
Counseling Hours: Monday and Wednesday: 09:00 am to 10:00 am
Tuesday and Thursday: 09:00 am to 10:00 am
Amber Raza Holds an MPhil and MBA (IoBM) and is part of IoBM Doctoral programme (Business Management). Amber Raza has worked with AKESP in the field of Education Research in Pakistan, and was part of the team that developed evaluating and monitoring instruments for the project QUAID (Quality Advancement through Institutional Development). Amber Raza has 10 years experience of teaching at the University level; supporting, 100 plus, students in their research projects which were based on diverse topics with focus on Management and Marketing. Amber Raza has presented research papers at International (Turkey, Malaysia, India & Australia) and at National Conferences. Her first paper Banks Love MBA was published in the IoBM research Journal (Pakistan Business Review) in October 2000. Since then Amber Raza has contributed a number of research papers in the field of Marketing and Management.
- 2013-2017 Institute of Business Management , College of Business Management
- PhD Business Management
- Topic of the dissertation: “Branded Entertainment: The Impact of Religiosity on Attitude Towards Product Placement”
- 2011 PAF Karachi Institute of Economics and Technology, College of Management Sciences
- MPhil, Human Resource Management
- 2000 Institute of Business Management (IoBM), College of Business Management (CBM)
- 1998 Government College of Commerce & Economics
- B Com
- Fluent in English and Urdu
- Can communicate in Arabic and Sindhi
- January 2014 to date
- Senior Lecturer
- Institute of Business Management (College of Business Management)
- February 2006 to January 2014
- Assistant Professor
- PAF Karachi Institute of Economics and Technology (College of Management Science)
- 2004-2005 Aga Khan Education Service, Pakistan
- Research Associate
- Research Evaluation and Development Unit(R, E &D)
- Voluntary Work
- Bahria Education and Training Services, Karachi
- Consumer Perception & Buying Behavior in Bedding, Dining and Lifestyle for Habit
- Research based project which included focus groups and interviews as well as a survey of potential and current consumers
- Feasibility Project fir Gorey International
- Based on consumer research gave strategy for the launching of a new product
- Comparative analysis of pricing in the Pharmaceutical industry for PharmEvo
- Industry analysis of Electric Vehicles
- Competitive Analysis for Nutralake specifically the product Vitry
Consumer behavior, motivation, self-signaling, ethics and prosocial behavior. Her primary line of research is at the intersection of self-regulation and self-perception, with implications for consumer research, marketing and public policy.
- Observational Research for Consumer Research Students
- Experiential learning for my Marketing Analytics students
- Jalees, T., & Raza, A., (2017). Extending TRA Understanding Compulsive Buying Behavior. International Journal of Economics and Management Vol. 11 | S. 1 | 2017Â ISSN 1823-836X
- Raza, A., & Jalees, T. 2016, Measuring the Effects of Product Placement Strategy on Attitudinal Aspects. Pakistan Business Review October 2016
- Raza, A., & Jalees, T. 2016, Determinants of WOM Communication 6th International Conference on Business Management Human Capital Technology and Entrepreneurship: Competitive Advantage and Economic Opportunities 26-27 October 2016 at NUST Business School (NBS)
- Raza, A., & Jalees, T. 2016, Determinant of Compulsive Buying. 4th Global Conference on Business & Social Sciences Contemporary Issues in Business and Social Sciences Research: A Dubai Initiative Dates: 14-15 November, 2016 Venue: Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira, United Arab Emirates (Complete article will be published in Category A journal)
- Raza, A., 2013. Leader follower expectations: Pygmalion in Management. Journal of Independent studies and research, ISSN: 1998-4154, Vol.11 No.2 page No.29
- Raza, A., 2010. Gender related stereotypes and their impact on leadership. Journal of Independent studies and research, ISSN: 1998-4154, Vol.8 No.1 page No.229
- Raza, A., 2009 Does Gender Matter for Leadership? Pakistan Business Review, Vol. 10, No.4
- Raza, A, & Khan. M. A, 2007 Occupational Stress and Copying Mechanism to Increase Job Satisfaction Among Supervision at Karachi Pharmaceuticals. Market Forces, Vol 2 No.4
- Raza, A., 2007 Personality at Work a Study of Type A-B. Market Forces, Vol 3 No.3
- Jalees, T., & Raza, A. 2016, Impulsive Buying in Karachi: A behavioral approach National Research Conference of Business Management (NRCBM), March 6th-7th, 2016
- Jalees, T., & Raza, A. 2016,Measure The Effect Of Attitude and Religiosity on Product Placement International Conference on Innovation and Emerging Trends in Business Management (ICIEBM), June 4th-5th, 2016
- Raza, A., & Jalees, T. 2016, Determinants of WOM Communication 6th International Conference on Business Management Human Capital Technology and Entrepreneurship: Competitive Advantage and Economic Opportunities 26-27 October 2016 at NUST Business School (NBS).
- Raza, A., & Jalees, T. 2016, Determinant of Compulsive Buying. 4th Global Conference on Business & Social Sciences Contemporary Issues in Business and Social Sciences Research: A Dubai Initiative Dates: 14-15 November, 2016 Venue: Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira, United Arab Emirates.
- Jalees, T., & Raza, A. 2015, Behavioral Approach to Impulsive Buying. National Research Conference on Computing Management and Social Sciences and Economics December 15-16 2015
- Raza, A. 2015, Product Aesthetics and Quality Perception International Conference on Management, Education and Social Sciences Research April 4-5, 2015
- Jalees, T., & Raza, A. 2015, Consumers Skepticism towards Advertising International Conference on Business & Management 2015 (ICBM 2015) November 28 ,2015
- Jalees, T., Raza, A., Tariq, H., & Tariq, M, A. 2015 Measuring the Effects of Product Placement Strategy on Attitudinal Aspects 5th International Conference on Business Management organized by the Institute of Business Management in Karachi from March 11th 12th 2015
- Ahmad, J., & Raza, A. 2015 Learning by the Case Method in Management Education: The A Students Perspective. Paper presented at 1st National Research Conference organized by Asian Society of Management and Marketing Research (ASMMR) Islamabad 14-15 March, 2015.
- Raza, A., 2012. Leader follower expectations: Pygmalion in Management. Paper presented at Second International Research conference 2012 organized by Szabist Dec 14-15 2012
- Raza, A., 2011. The role of humor in training and development. Paper presented at the Asia Pacific Business Research Conference organized by World Business Institute, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia Feb 21-22, 2011.
- Raza, A., 2009. Leadership Communication Competence: Emotional Intelligence versus Cognitive Complexity. Paper presented at the National Conference on Global Management. Conference organized by National University of Computer & emerging sciences (NCGM 2009) FAST school of Business, Pakistan July 24-25, 2009
- Raza, A., 2009. Gender and Leadership, Who is better? Paper presented at the 13th National Research Conference on Computing Management and Social Sciences and Economics. Conference organized by Szabist May 9, 2002
- Raza, A., 2008. Humor and Work? You got to be serious!. Paper presented at the Pacific Basin Finance, Economics, Accounting and Management (PBFEAM) Conference, Australia. July 2-4 2008
- Raza,A., 2008. Does Gender Matter for Leadership Paper presented at the HEC supported International Conference, Sindh progress and prospects-Competitiveness and Productivity hosted by Institute of Business Management and University of Sindh August 9, 2008
- Raza, A., 2008. Fishing for Talent: Personality Testing and Selection-Planning for Future. Paper presented at the Yeditepe International Research Conference on Business Strategies, Istanbul, Turkey. June 13-15 2008
- Raza, A., 2007. Occupational Stress and Job Satisfaction. Paper presented at the Athenaeum 2007, Trichy, India March 17-18 2007
- Trained a group of teachers for Army Public School under Army Public Schools & Colleges System Secretariat, APSACS
- Developed and Coordinated material for English Language Intensive Course for new entry sailors (Bahria Education and Training Services)
HONORS and AWARDS
1st National Research Conference of Business Management NRCBM 6th March to 7th March 2016 at City Campus, PAF – KIET
Seventy two (72) participants presented their papers. Additionally three (3) papers from China were presented through Skype. One of the distinguish aspects of the conference was PhD panel session. In this sessions PhD coordinators discussed and deliberated the issues related to PhD programs.
Distinguished guests from renowned universities also chaired different concurrent sessions:
- Dr. Tariq Jalees, Chairperson, PAF-KIET
- Dr. Manzoor Anwar Khalidi, Co-Chairperson, PAF-KIET
- Dr. Nadeem A. Syed, Head of Management, SZABIST
- Prof. Dr. Syed Irfan Hyder, Dean, IoBM
- Dr. Naveed R. Khan, Head of Faculty of Business Administration, IQRA University
- Dr. Zaki Rashidi, Prof. & Editor of JISR-MSSE, SZABIST
- Ms. Amber Raza, Senior Lecturer, College of Business Management (CBM) IoBM
- Dr. Gobind, Director of ORIC, Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University.
- Dr. Yasir Ali Soomro, Asst. Professor, IQRA University
- Mr. Imtiaz Arif , Director, IQRA University
It is our honor that Ms. Amber Raza, Senior Lecturer at IoBM was invited to chair the 1st NRCBM session held on 6th March – 7th March 2016 at City Campus, PAF KIET.
- Member of Marketing Association of Pakistan
- Faculty Advisor for the Marketing Society
- Team member of the International Conference on Business and Management 2015
- Team member of the International Conference on Experiential Learning 2016
- Team member of the International Conference on Experiential Learning 2017
Fareen Razzak joined IoBM as a permanent faculty of marketing in September 2015. Previously Fareen Razzak was associated with IoBM as a visiting faculty for 6 years. During her tenure as a visiting faculty Fareen Razzak has taught various marketing courses including Consumer Behavior, Brand Management and Marketing Management.
Fareen Razzak is a certified trainer with Train the Trainer Qualification from Pakistan Society of Training and Development. Fareen Razzak is also currently enrolled in two, 3 month, leadership and emotional intelligence trainings from American Management Association. She started her corporate career as Management Trainee in Colgate Palmolive after graduating from the IBA with an MBA in 2000.Fareen Razzak also served as a Brand Manager at Candy Land, Ismail Industries where she looked after four core categories of jellies, candies, gums and marshmallows contributing to 60 % of the confectionery business. In addition to corporate experience, Fareen was also the founding partner in an entrepreneurial venture called Rashk Fashions, a designer brand which sold premium designer wear in various high end multi -designer stores in Dubai, Toronto, Bangladesh and Chicago with branches in Karachi including Brand just Pret, The Designers, Shabis and Labels.
Fareen is currently pursuing her M-Phil in Business Management from the Institute of Business Management. During her M-Phil, she has completed two research projects; ‘Relationship between Materialism and Life Satisfaction among Business Students’ and ‘Exploring Brand Attachment among a cross section of Pakistani Consumers.’
Current research interests lie in the area of Brand Attachment in Fashion Retail brands and Market creation in BoP Markets.
- M-Phil-Institute of Business Management,Karachi – Enrolled.
- MBA – Institute of Business Administration, Karachi – 2000.
- BBA – Institute of Business Administration, Karachi – 1999.
Visiting Faculty, Marketing
Institute of Business Management (CBM), Karachi | Sep 2009 – Sep 2015. Courses.
Visiting Faculty, Marketing
PAF KIETS, Karachi Institute of Economics and Technology, Karachi | Jan 2014 – May 2014, Jan 2015 to date.
Excellence in Education, Knowledge Village, Dubai | Nov 2004 – April 2005 Details.
Business and Corporate Experience
RASHK (Designer apparel) | Oct 2010 – Oct 2014.
Ismail Industries Limited, Candy Land-2009.
Ismail Industries Limited, Candy Land-2003.
Colgate Palmolive Pakistan Ltd-2001.
- Collaborative learning through experiential projects and case studies.
- Bottom of Pyramid Markets, Brand Attachment and Brand.
- Exploring the antecedents of brand attachment in Pakistan- publication in progress.
- The relationship between materialism and life satisfaction in business school students-publication in progress.
- Dimensions of employer attractiveness in Pakistan-publication in progress.
- Train the trainer: PSTD, Pakistan Society of Training and Development-September 2015.
- Leadership Training: American Management Association-October 2015 -3 Months.
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
CBM Building, beside Conference Hall, Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – 227
Muhammad Tabish is a Lecturer and PhD Scholar in Institute of Business Management (IoBM). Muhammad Tabish got a degree of MBA in Marketing in Finance from Mohammad Ali Jinnah University and currently he is doing PhD in Management Sciences from Institute of Business Management also having five years of academic and professional experience.
- Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
PhD(Marketing) – Proceeding.
- MBA (Marketing)
Mohammad Ali Jinnah University.
- BBA (Marketing)
Mohammad Ali Jinnah University.
|1||Institute of Business Management (IoBM)||College of Business Management||Jan 2017 till now||Lecturer|
|1||Institute of Business Management (IoBM)||College of Business Management||May 2015 to Dec 2016||PhD Research Fellow|
|2||K.N Academy||–||April 2014 to May 2015||As a teacher|
|3||Newports Institute of Communications &Economics||Business Administration||Nov 2012 to Dec 2014||Visiting Faculty|
|4||Newports Institute of Communications & Economics||Administration||Nov 2012 to Feb 2014||Coordinator|
|5||Bahria Foundation College||–||October 2011 to November 2012||As a teacher|
|6||Shabbir Tiles & Ceramics Limited (House of Habib Group)||Sales||Dec 2010 to Oct 2011||Assistant Product Manager|
|7||Shabbir Tiles & Ceramics Limited (House of Habib Group)||Sales||Oct 2008 to Nov 2010||Product Coordinator|
- Consumer Behavior
- Customer Purchase Intention
- Brand Management
- Shopper Marketing
- Tabish.M., & Jalees, T. 2016, “Impact of Service Quality on Customer Loyalty: Measuring the Mediating effect of Customer Satisfaction” National Conference (BIZTECH ), 2016.
- Tabish.M., & Jalees, T. 2016, “Impact of Service Quality and Store Ambiance on Customer Loyalty: Measuring the Mediating effect of Customer Satisfaction” International Conference (Iqra University ), 2016.
Marium Mateen Khan
Marium Mateen Khan is currently a Lecturer at Institute of Business Management (IoBM). She started working in academia as a Subject Coordinator and teacher at APSAC (Army Public School and College). Marium has also worked at Askari Bank Ltd. and Metaphor consultancy. She has freelance working experience of academic and creative writing. Seeing the gaps and issues in the current academic environment made her pursue a career in academia. Marium has taught Marketing courses as a visiting faculty at PAF KIET to BBA, BS and MBA level students and is a Lecturer at Institute of Business Management (IoBM).Marium is currently enrolled in the PhD (Business Management) program at IoBM having specialization in Marketing. Marium Mateen Khan has two years of research experience. Marium Mateen Khan did her MBA and BBA (Honors) both in Marketing from Karachi Institute of Economics and Technology (PAF-KIET). Marium Mateen Khan has been a scholarship holder since her first semester throughout her BBA and MBA.
|Doctorate||PhD candidate (Business Management) at Institute of Business Management||January 2015 – Present|
|Masters||MBA from Pakistan Air Force – Karachi Institute of Economics and Technology in Marketing||2012- 13|
|Bachelors||BBA-4 from Pakistan Air Force – Karachi Institute of Economics and Technology in Marketing||2008-12|
- Web Engineering
- Graphic Designing
|Lecturer||Institute of Business Management||April 2017 – Present|
|AACSB Coordinator (Marketing Department)||Institute of Business Management||January 2017 – Present|
|Visiting Faculty||PAF KIET||January 2017 – June 2017|
|Research Assistant||Institute of Business Management||November 2015 – April 2017|
|Capstone Project Coordinator||Institute of Business Management||November 2015 – August 2016|
|NABEC Coordinator||Institute of Business Management||November 2015 – May 2016|
|Faculty||Army Public Schools & Colleges System (APSACS)||August 2014 – February 2015|
|Subject Coordinator||Army Public Schools & Colleges System (APSACS)||August 2014 – February 2015|
|Content Developer||Metaphor Consultancy||June 2014 – August 2014|
|Intern||Askari Bank Ltd||June 2012 – July 2012|
|Teacher Assistant||PAF KIET||January 2010 – May 2012|
- Context analysis of Pakistan’s textile industry
- Carried out retail auditing of Lays Chips
- Cost analysis of carpet manufacturing
- Applied Jim Collins Good to Great Diagnostic Tool on a local entrepreneur
- Developed the concept and made an advertisement on Gul Ahmed
- Made a video documentary on the case study “ The Contradiction of Business”
- Helped an individual to take care of his family by developing self-reliance (Social Advocacy)
- Consumer Animosity
- Consumer Behavior
- Design Thinking
- Strategic Marketing
- Motivation, Productivity and Work Performance
- Experiential Learning
- Khan, M. M., (2018). Effect of Celebrity Endorsement on Consumer Purchase Intention – Evidence from Qmobile Linq Advertisement Endorsed by Priyanka Chopra. Pakistan Business Review. (Accepted to be published in January, 2018; X- Category Journal)
- Maheshwari, M., Khan, M. M., & Shamsi, A. F., (2017). Role of Consultancy Partner in Microfinancing. Journal of Southeast Asian Research. (Accepted to be published in fall 2017).
- Ahmed, M. E., & Khan, M. M., (2017). Ethics in Advertising: Exploring The Telecommunication Industry’s Employment of Ethics in Advertisements. Journal of Southeast Asian Research. 2017(1), 1-15. DOI: 10.5171/2017.722525. Link: http://ibimapublishing.com/articles/JSAR/2017/722525/722525.pdf
- Ali, S., Saleem, M., Ahmed, E. & Khan, M. M., Shah, N. & Rafiq, S., (2017). Online Grocery Shopping – A Study of Pakistani Online Market. Journal of Internet and e-Business Studies. 2017(1), 1-15. DOI: 10.5171/2017.839022. Link: http://ibimapublishing.com/articles/JIEBS/2017/839022/839022.pdf
- Khan, M. M., (2016). Factors of Consumer Choice of Smart Phones – A Study on Brand Image and Brand Features. Market Forces. 11(2), 1-10.
- Khan, M. M., Jalees, T. & Rahman, M., (2016). Preference Determinants for Soft Drinks Brands: An Empirical Study of Karachi Market through Mall Intercepts Method. Global Management Journal for Academic and Corporate Studies 6(2), 49-60. (Bahria University – Y-Category Journal). Link: http://gmjacs.bimcs.edu.pk/images/stories/vol6-no-2-2016/paper-04.pdf
- Ahmed, M. E., Samad, N., & Khan, M. M., (2016). Income, Social Class and Consumer Behavior A Focus on Developing Nations. International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research. 14(10), 6679-6702. (Indexing – Scopus. Link: http://serialsjournals.com/serialjournalmanager/pdf/1473932643.pdf
- Ahmed, M. E., & Khan, M. M., (2016). Ethics in Advertising: Exploring The Telecommunication Industry’s Employment of Ethics in Advertisements (Presented at 28th IBIMA, 2016, Seville, Spain. (ISI Indexed Conference 9th-10th, November, 2016), (Complete article published in the ISI proceedings)
- Ali, S., Saleem, M., Ahmed, E. & Khan, M. M., Shah, N. & Rafiq, S., (2016). Online Grocery Shopping – A Study of Pakistani Online Market. (Presented at 28th IBIMA, 2016, Seville, Spain. (ISI Indexed Conference 9th-10th, November, 2016), (Complete article published in the ISI proceedings)
- Ahmed, M. E., & Khan, M. M., (2016). Impact of Capstone Project Course Learning on Students’ Problem Solving Ability. 4th International Conference on Global Business & Social Entrepreneurship, Penang, 2016 (pp. 66-74), Penang: Global Business and Social Entrepreneurship Resources (GBSE). (Complete article published in the proceedings)
- Khan, M. M., & Hyder, S. I., (2017). Consumer Animosity towards Foreign Products- A Study to Develop a Conceptual Ontology. (Accepted to be presented at IRCBM – PAF KIET, on 18-19 July, 2017).
- Khan, M. M., (2017). Effect of Celebrity Endorsement on Consumer Purchase Intention – Evidence from Qmobile Linq Advertisement Endorsed by Priyanka Chopra. (Accepted to be presented at ICIETBM 2017, Iqra University on 20-21 May, 2017).
- Fareed, S., Khan, M. M., & Maheshwari, M. B., (2017). Determinants of Stock Market Performance in Small Open Economy. (Accepted to be presented at ICIETBM 2017, Iqra University on 20-21 May, 2017).
- Maheshwari, M., Khan, M. M., & Shamsi, A. F., (2017). Impact and Significance of Consultancy Partner in Microfinancing. (Presented at 29th IBIMA Conference, 2017, Vienna, Austria. 3-4 May, 2017).
- Khan, M. M. (2017). Exploring the Reasons for Frequent Job Switching – A Female Business Manager’s Perspective. (Presented at 20th National Research Conference, 2017, Islamabad, Pakistan. 19 April, 2017).
- Ahmed, M. E., & Khan, M. M (2016). Traces of Company Strategy for the Bottom of Income Pyramid (BoP) in Pakistan – A Probing Analysis (Presented at IBAICM 2016, IBA’s 3rd International Conference on Marketing, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; 19th-20th, December, 2016).
- Khan, M. M., Mahmood, N., Mujahid, A., & Jalees, T. (2016). Perceived Usefulness Mobile and Mobile Advertising: Understanding the Relationship through Structural Approach (Presented at 2nd MAJU ICBM 2016, Karachi, Pakistan; 16th-18th December, 2016)
- Maheshwari, M., & Khan, M. M., (2016). Determinants of Profitability of Service Sector Companies listed on Karachi Stock Exchange. (Presented at MAJU ICBM 2016, Karachi, Pakistan, 16th-18th December, 2016)
- Ahmed, M. E., & Khan, M. M., (2016). Ethics in Advertising: Exploring The Telecommunication Industry’s Employment of Ethics in Advertisements (Presented at 28th IBIMA, 2016, Seville, Spain. (ISI Indexed Conference 9th-10th, November, 2016)
- Ali, S., Saleem, M., Ahmed, E. & Khan, M. M., Shah, N. & Rafiq, S., (2016). Online Grocery Shopping – A Study of Pakistani Online Market (Presented at 28th IBIMA, 2016, Seville, Spain. (ISI Indexed Conference 9th-10th, November, 2016)
- Ahmed, M. E., & Khan, M. M., (2016). Impact of Capstone Project Course Learning on Students’ Problem Solving Ability. (Presented at 4th International Conference on Global Business & Social Entrepreneurship Penang, 2016, Penang, Malaysia, 3rd-4th Sept 2016)
- Khan, M. M., & Jalees, T., (2016). Reasons Behind Consumer Brand Preference in Soft Drinks (Presented at International Conference on Innovation and Emerging Trends in Business Management (ICIEBM), Karachi, Pakistan, June 4th-5th, 2016
- Khan, M. M., (2016). Factors of Consumer Choice of Smartphones – A Study on Brand Image and Brand Features. Presented at 1st National Research Conference on Business Management, 2016 (NRCBM), Karachi, Pakistan, March 6th-7th, 2016
- Coordinator for International Conference of Experiential Learning (ICEL) 2016
- Coordinator for Final year Project Exhibition at PAF KIET (2009)
Ms. Marium Mateen Khan receiving a certificate for presenting her paper at 1st NRCBM from Mr. Imtiaz Arif, Director, IQRA University
1st National Research Conference of Business Management – NRCBM 6th March – 7th March 2016 at City Campus, PAF – KIET
Seventy two (72) participants from different universities of Pakistan presented their papers. Additionally three (3) papers from China were presented through Skype. To get familiarized with the current PhD scenario of Pakistan a PhD panel discussion session was also arranged in which PhD program coordinators, Deans and HODs from different universities of Karachi took part.
Ms. Marium Mateen Khan part of Marketing department at IoBM (CBM) presented her paper at the 1st National Research Conference of Business Management on the topic of Factors of Consumer Choice of Smartphones – A Study on Brand Image and Brand Features.
- Managing the Talent in VUCA times by Nutshell heldin Marriott, Karachi on 1st February, 2017
- Strategic Vision by Dr. Irfan Hyder held in EMEC , IoBM on 24th May, 2016
- Blue Ocean Strategy: Concepts, Tools & Application at IoBM By Mr. Javaid Ahmed held in EMEC, IoBM on 25th May, 2016
- Business Balanced Scorecard: Concepts, Tools & Application at IoBM by Mr. M. Ekhlaque Ahmed held in EMEC, IoBM on 26th May, 2016
- Publishing in ISI Impact Factor Journals by Mr. Nawaz Ahmad held in EMEC, IoBM on 30th May, 2016
- Developing a Faculty Brand: By Mr. Ejaz Wasay held in EMEC, IoBM on 31st May, 2016
Linkedin Profile Link: https://pk.linkedin.com/in/marium-mateen-khan-42602228
Academia.edu Link: http://iobm.academia.edu/MariumMateenKhan
Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/marium.mateenkhan
- Scholarship holder since 2012 – 2013 (MBA Program); 85% tuition fees waived
- Scholarship holder since 2008 – 2012 (BBA Program); 85% tuition fees waived
- Received travel grant of USD 490, from Institute of Business Management (IoBM) for 29th IBIMA, 2017, Vienna, Austria for the presentation of paper titled, Impact and Significance of Consultancy Partner in Microfinancing (ISI Indexed Conference 3rd-4th, May, 2017)
- Received travel grant of USD 490, from Institute of Business Management (IoBM) for 28th IBIMA, 2016, Seville, Spain for the presentation of paper titled, Ethics in Advertising: Exploring The Telecommunication Industry’s Employment of Ethics in Advertisements (ISI Indexed Conference 9th-10th, November, 2016)
- Received travel grant of USD 490, from Institute of Business Management (IoBM) for 28th IBIMA, 2016, Seville, Spain for the presentation of paper titled, Online Grocery Shopping – A Study of Pakistani Online Market. (ISI Indexed Conference 9th-10th, November, 2016)
- Received travel grant of USD 990, from Institute of Business Management (IoBM) for 4th International Conference on Global Business & Social Entrepreneurship Penang, 2016, Penang, Malaysia, 3rd-4th Sept 2016 for the presentation of the paper titled, Impact of Capstone Project Course Learning on Students’ Problem Solving Ability.
- Member of IoBM Research Group (Marketing)
Muhammad Moin Uddin Ali Khan
Muhammad Moin Uddin Ali Khan has BSc and BE degrees from University of Karachi and MS in Engineering from University of Missouri, USA. He has been trained in the fields of operations Management, quality Assurance, environmental Management, supply chain management and technology management from USA, Japan, UK, South Korea, Sweden, Russia, Brazil and Australia. He has been associated with the Steel industry and education for over 40 years. He served as the Principal of Institute of Materials Sciences & Research, & Environmental Sciences of Pakistan Steel and was involved in developing microalloyed steels and Thar coal utilization.
Kashif Shafiq received his Msc degree in supply chain and logistics management from University of Warwick, United Kingdom. He has also completed his masters in business administration program from Institute of business management (Iobm). He has been a certified supply chain trainer in Europe and Pakistan for the last five years. Several organizations have sponsored him in order to conduct their official researches. As an assistant professor, Kashif Shafiq is now responsible for running supply chain and logistics management related modules at Institute of business management ( Iobm).
Seema Ansari is a PhD researcher in Telecommunication Engineering at the University of Malaga, Spain. She did her MS-CS / Telecommunication from University of Missouri Kansas City, USA and B.E. in Electronics from NED-University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi, Pakistan. Her research includes publications in JCR Impact factor journals, international journals & Conferences and book chapters. She contributed chapters in books titled: “Wireless Sensor Networks and Energy Efficiency: Protocols, Routing and Management” and “Handbook of Research on Trends and Future Directions in Big Data and Web Intelligence,” both published by IGI GLOBAL, USA in Jan. 2011 and 2015 respectively.
- 2014: PhD in Telecommunication Engineering, University of Malaga, Spain (In progress)
- 1991-1993: MS-CS/Telecommunication, UMKC-USA
- 1974-1979: B.E. Electronic Engineering, NED University of Engineering & Technology
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
- Head of Electrical Engineering & Telecom Management Dept.: December 2012-To Date:
- Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering: August 27, 2012- present.
- Visiting Faculty, MBA Telecom Management Jan: 2011- Jun 2012.
Pakistan Air Force Karachi Institute of Economics & Technology (PAFKIET)
- Associate Professor, & Head of Curriculum Review : College of Engineering, Dept. of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering,: April 2006-Dec. 31, 2011
- Head of Department, CCSIS & MS Telecom Engg, City Campus, PAF-KIET. Sep. 2005—Apr. 2009
Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology, a joint venture with APIIT-MALAYSIA & affiliated with the Staffordshire University, U.K.
- Director of APIIT: Feb. 2002- Aug. 2005
- Director BSc(Hons) Program & Dean of Student Affairs : Dec. 1998— Feb. 2002
Dawood College of Engineering & Technology, Karachi
- Assistant Professor, Department of Electronics: Oct. 1982-Dec. 1998
- She is associated with the R & D research groups, TIC102 and TIC128, ETSI Telecommunication, University of Malaga Spain. Her research area is Underwater Communications, Analytical Analysis of MAC protocols for Underwater Acoustic Wireless Sensor Networks.
- Diversified areas of research are: Optical Communication, Electromagnetic Fields & Waves, Signals & Systems and Digital Signal Processing.Other areas include the Energy & Fuel alternatives in Pakistan.
Publications in Journals/IEEE Xplore & ACM Digital Library USA & IEEE Conference Proceedings
- Seema Ansari, Javier Poncela, Pablo Otero & Adeel Ansari, “Comparative Analysis of MAC Protocols and Strategies for Underwater Applications,” Published in JCR, Wireless Personal Communications, Springer Journal, Impact Factor 0.701. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11277-016-3899-z
22 November 2016
- Seema Ansari, Javier Poncela Gonzalez, Pablo Otero & Adeel Ansari, “Analysis of MAC Strategies for Underwater Applications,” Wireless Personal Communications, An International Journal, ISSN 0929-6212, Wireless Pers Commun, DOI 10.1007/s11277-015-2743-1, Volume 82, number 3, June (I), 2015, Impact factor 0.979. Springer Science + Business Media New York 2015.
May 19, 2015—Published in Springer on line access.
- Seema Ansari, Javier Poncela, Adeel Ansari and Osama Mahfooz (June 2015):” Research in Pakistan: Structure, Funding and Results”, PJETS Vol 5, No 1 (HEC Z-Category Journal), IoBM.
- Seema Ansari, Radha MohanLal, Javier Poncela, Pablo Otero, Adeel Ansari: Chapter “Importance of Big data,” HandBook: “Handbook of Research on Trends and Future Directions in Big Data and Web Intelligence,” (Publisher: IGI GLOBAL USA), Release Date: June, 2015. Copyright © 2015. 447 pages. Published in September, 2015.
The book is displayed on Amazon.com for sale http://www.igi-global.com/book/handbook-research-trends-future-directions/124160
- “Handbook of Research on Trends and Future Directions in Big Data and Web Intelligence,” (Publisher: IGI GLOBAL USA), Release Date: June, 2015. Copyright © 2015. 447 pages. The book is displayed on Amazon.com for sale[ http://www.igi-global.com/book/handbook-research-trends-future-directions/124160 ]
- Adeel Ansari, Afza Bt Shafie, Seema Ansari, Abas B. Md Said, Elisha Tadiwa Nyamasvisva, “Filtration of Airwave in Seabed Logging Using Principal Component Analysis”,Communication Technologies, Information Security and Sustainable Development Communications in Computer and Information Science Volume 414, 2014, Chapter No: 6, pp 56-64, Date: 11 Sep 2014. http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-319-10987-9_6#page-2
- Seema Ansari, Adeel Ansari, “Comparative Analysis of Routing and Wavelength Assignment Algorithms used in WDM Optical Networks”, Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology 04/2014; 7(13):2646-2654. Indexed in: ISI-Thomson, Scopus. H-Index: 5.0.
- Adeel Ansari, Seema Ansari, Abas B Md Said, Muhammad Rauf, Elisha Tadiwa Nyamasvisva, Afza Shafi, “Infomax Algorithm for Filtering Airwaves in the Field of Seabed Logging,” Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology 04/2014; 7(14):2914-2920. Indexed in: ISI-Thomson, Scopus. H-Index: 5.0.
- Adeel Ansari, Afza Bt Shafie, Abas B Md Said, Seema Ansari, “Transverse product effect on CSEM with double Hydrocarbon reservoir in seabed logging ” International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, (IJSER), http://www.ijser.org/ResearchPaperPublishing_May2013.aspx, http://www.ijser.org/, Index: SCRIBD; DOAJ, GOOGLE SCHOLAR; SCIRUS; SENSEI, SciRATE.COM, Impact Factor: 1.4, Volume 4, Issue 5, May 2013, Pg: 69-74.
- Adeel Ansari, Afza Bt Shafie, Abas B Md Said, Seema Ansari, “Independent Component Analysis for Filtering Airwaves in Seabed Logging Application” International Journal of Advanced Studies in Computers, Science & Engineering (IJASCSE), http://www.ijascse.org/, Cornell University Library: http://arxiv.org/abs/1303.2593, Impact Factor: 0.0892, Volume2, Issue1, February 2013, Pg: 48-54
- Syed Mahmud Kadri and Seema Ansari, “ZigBee based Wireless Dynamic Electronic Price Tag Networks” International Journal of Applied Information Systems (IJAIS), May 2012 Edition, accepted in the IJAIS Digital Library on May 16, 2012.
- Seema Ansari, Fariha Hasnain, Adeel Ansari: Chapter: “Introduction and Overview of Wireless Sensor Networks”, BOOK: “Wireless Sensor Networks and Energy Efficiency: Protocols, Routing and Management” in collaboration with professors of King Faisal University, Saudi Arabia & University Technology Petronas (UTP) Malaysia. (Publisher: IGI GLOBAL USA)-Jan. 2012.
The book is displayed on Amazon.com for sale http://www.igi-global.com/book/wireless-sensor-networks-energy-efficiency/56036
- S. K. Ansari & Seema Ansari: ” Consider new feedstocks for dimethyl ether production” Journal: ”Hydrocarbon Processing Journal”, USA, May 2009 Issue. Impact Factor 0.185; http://www.hydrocarbonprocessing.com/IssueArticle/2595621/Archive/Consider-new-feedstocks-for-dimethyl-ether-production.html
- Seema Ansari & Arshi Khan : “Telecommunication Trends in Pakistan” Market Forces Journal, Vol. , No. 2, Pakistan Air Force-Karachi Institute of Economics and Technology, Karachi (Pakistan), Jan.-June 2009.
- Qamar Latif, Seema Ansari: “Roadmap Towards Implementation of the Next Generation Networks”, Technology Forces – PAF-KIET Journal of Engineering and Sciences, Vol. 1, No. 2, July – December 2007.
- Seema Ansari, Arshi Khan: “Voice over Internet Protocol Security Problems in Wireless Environment” Technology Forces – PAF-KIET Journal of Engineering and Sciences, Vol. 1, No. 2, July – December 2007.
- Nanak Das, Seema Ansari: “Internet Protocol Communications over Optical Networks: An Integrated Approach” Technology Forces – PAF-KIET Journal of Engineering and Sciences, Vol. 1, No. 2, July – December 2007.
- Seema Ansari, Salman Younas: “Quality of Services, Switching Techniques and Network Efficiency in the Implementation of Optical Networks ” Technology Forces – PAF-KIET Journal of Engineering and Sciences, Vol. 1, No. 1, January – June 2007.
- Seema Ansari, Javier Poncela, Pablo Otero & Adeel Ansari, “Comparative Analysis of MAC Protocols and Strategies for Underwater Applications,” Global Conference on Wireless and Optical Communications (GCWOC-2016) Conference at University of Malaga, Spain, Sept. 5-7, 2016.
- Adeel Ansari, Afza Shafie, Abas Md Said, Seema Ansari, Elisha Tadiwa Nyamasvisva, Muhammad Abdulkarim, Muhammad Rauf, “Infomax and FASTICA Using PCA as Preprocessor for Airwave Removal in Seabed Logging”, International Conference on Computer & Information Sciences 2014, June 3-5, 2014, Kualalumpur, Malaysia. 978-1-4799-0059-6/13/$31.00 ©2014 IEEE.
- Adeel Ansari, Afza Shafie, Abas Md Said, Seema Ansari, Elisha Tadiwa Nyamasvisva, Muhammad Abdulkarim, Muhammad Rauf, “Subsurface Exploration of Seabed Using Electromagnetic Waves for the Detection of Hydrocarbon Layers”, International Conference on Computer & Information Sciences 2014, June 3-5, 2014, Kualalumpur, Malaysia. 978-1-4799-0059-6/13/$31.00 ©2014 IEEE.
- Seema Ansari, “Innovations in Telecommunication & Information Technology Sector” 6th Pakistan 2013 Telecommunication Conference, Marriot Hotel Karachi, June 13, 2013
- Adeel Ansari, Afza Bt. Shafie, Abas B M Said, Seema Ansari, Muhammad Rauf, “Transverse product effect on CSEM with double Hydrocarbon reservoir in seabed logging”, 3rd Global Conference for Academic Research on Scientific and Emerging Technologies (GCARSET). Scopus indexing http://www.gcar2012.com/ Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, March 9 to 11, 2013.
- Faisal Aftab, Seema Ansari, Salman Younas, Khurram Aftab, Dr. Pervez Akhtar: “An End-to-End TCP Throughput Enhancement for Vertical Handovers in 3G Wireless Networks”, 2nd IEEE IC4-2009, International Conference on Computer, Control & Communication, PNEC, IEEE XPLORE. February 17-18, 2009.
- Arshi Khan, Seema Ansari: “Efficiency Enhancement Through Dynamic Allocation of Switching Path in All-Optical Networks using GMPLS” Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology, Publisher: ACM, New York, USA ©2009, ISBN: 978-1-60558-642-7 , December 2009, http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1838072
- Waleej Haider, Seema Ansari: “Method For Allocating Walsh Codes By Complete Group Information Walsh Code In Cdma Cellular System”, Computer System and Applications ICSS 2009. paper ID(ICSS09-27) Website: http://www.c-s-a.org.cn, Beijing,China, March 23-25, 2009.
- S. K. Ansari, Seema Ansari: ”Petrochemicals & Energy From Methanol Other Than Fossil Fuel”, Downstream Asia Roundtable 2009 , WRA: World Refining Association, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Oct. 13-15, 2009.
- Noor Zaman, Khalid Hussain Usman, Adnan Alam, Seema Ansari: “Comparative Analysis of Broadband Technologies”, IEEE International Conference on Information Management and Engineering, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, ICIME 2009.
- Asia Samreen, Seema Ansari: “Certificateless ID-based Authentication using Threshold signature for P2P MANETS”, The 2nd IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology (IEEE ICCSIT 2009), Beijing, China, 8-11, August 2009.
- Arshi Khan, Seema Ansari: “Study And Analysis Of The Internet Protocol Security And Its Impact on Interactive Communications” International Joint Conferences on Computer, Information, and Systems Sciences, and Engineering (CIS2E 08), University Of Bridgeport, USA, December 5 – 13, 2008.
- Salman Younas, Seema Ansari, Faisal Aftab: “Adaptive TCP for Diverse Wireless Interfering and Impaired Channel Characteristics During VHO for Seamless Global Mobility ” 5th International Conference on Information Technology and Applications (ICITA 2008). Macquarie University, Cairns, Queensland, Australia. 23 – 26 June 2008
- Seema Ansari/ S.Fariha Hasnain: ” Support and Quality of Engineering Education in Pakistan” International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering Education (CETEE 2007),PEC, Islamabad, Pakistan, Dec., 27-28, 2007. http://www.pec.org.pk/downloadables/newsletter/newsletter_Feb_2008.pdf
- Qamar Latif, Nanak Das, Seema Ansari : “Throughput Enhancement on The Uplink of 3G Cellular Systems”, The 1st International Conference on Computer, Control and Communication, NUST, Karachi, Pakistan, Nov.,12-13, 2007.
Papers reviewed for International Journals -2015
- Ingeniería e Investigación Journal, Oficina de Publicaciones. Bogotá-Colombia.
“Title: Performance of multiobjective computational intelligence algorithms for the routing and wavelength assignment problem”
- 13th International Conference on Wired & Wireless Internet Communications, at University of Malaga, Spain: May 25-27, 2015.
“Title: Optimization and Verification of the TR-MAC Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks”
HONORS and AWARDS
- Awarded scholarship for PhD, research by University of Malaga, Spain in 2014/2015.
- Member Program Committee & Reviewer Research papers for International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology (IEEE ICCSIT ICCSIT-2011).
Paper “CONSIDERING NEW FEEDSTOCKS FOR DIMETHYL ETHER PRODUCTION” published in Hydrocarbon Processing Journal USA, May 2009, it was selected for the best Innovator award, 2008-2009 by HEC, Islamabad.
- Received Merit Scholarship from the HSC Board for being amongst the top 50 candidates in the merit list of Karachi Pre- Engineering Students.
- Awarded Merit Scholarship throughout the four years of Engineering program, by the NED University of Engineering and Technology. 1974-1979.
- Awarded Scholarship for MS/PhD training program from USA by the Ministry of Education, Islamabad, 1991.
- Appointed as Reviewer Research papers, for Journal of Systems & Software Engineering (JSS), registered by an Editor, for the Elsevier Editorial System – the online submission and peer review tracking system for Journal of Systems and Software
- Member: IEEE membership#: 91294033
- Member: Pakistan Engineering Council Registration #: ELECTRO/4323
- Member of Academic Committee Institute of Business Management, Karachi, Pakistan
- Member of Board of Advance Studies, Institute of Business Management, Karachi, Pakistan
- Member of Curriculum Review Committee, Pakistan Engineering Council. Appointed as Expert for finalizing curriculum of Telecomm. Engineering for Engineering Practice Examination (EPE)-2009.
Graduate Students Postdocs Undergraduate Students Honor Students
Supervised 11 MS students from 2007-2011 at PAFKIET. The MS program involved developing a thesis with original research results.
Final Year Engineering Project supervisor of BE students, College of Engineering, PAF-Karachi Institute Of Economics and Technology, 2006-To 2011.
- Member of Management Committee, Institute of Business Management, Karachi, Pakistan
- Reviewer Research papers, Journal of Systems & Software Engineering (JSS), registered by an Editor, for the Elsevier Editorial System – the online submission and peer review tracking system for Journal of Systems and Software.
Dr. Imran Majid
Dr M Imran Majid has a PhD in Electronics from University of Surrey, UK, MSc in Space Engineering from Umea University, Sweden and BSc in Electrical Engineering from UET Lahore. He was awarded the Commonwealth Scholarship towards his PhD in Frequency Planning for Clustered Cellular Multiple Access Channel at the prestigious Centre for Communication Systems Research (now 5G Innovation Centre), University of Surrey, UK. After his PhD, Imran consulted and later worked at University of Toronto Canada as Optics Team Lead for two of Canada’s most advanced remote sensing satellites, NEMO-AM and NEMO-HD. He is also currently involved with Ontario Centre of Excellence as Technical Reviewer.
Imran has about 10 years’ experience in industrial consultancy, teaching and mentoring young professionals in high technology sector. He has worked for Telenor, SSBV, Surrey Satellite and various consultancies during the course of his career.
He is Co-founder of UN NPO Space Generation Advisory Council where he coordinated activities in the Asia Pacific region from 1999 to 2008. He represented the Space Generation Forum Declaration during the 3rd UN Global Conference on Space, chaired sessions at 1st Ground Station Network Workshop in Tokyo Japan, UN/ESA Sympoias in Austria (2000-2003). Previously he was selected as a Buraq Space Cadet (1996), actively participated in 9th International Aerospace School Uzbekistan 1997 and pioneered student exchanges at the world’s oldest space port at Baikonur Kazakhstan in 1998.
Imran also helped found the IET on Surrey Campus, UK for students at the University of Surrey, UK, and IET Karachi, mentored IEng candidates and is currently on the Information Communication and Technology Council IEP Advisory Panel based in Toronto Canada.
His research interests are in resource optimization for future wireless systems, engineering goal driven project management and academic industrial partnerships to aid in economic growth. He is currently teaching Electronic Communication Systems, Opto-Electronics for BE and Project Management, Thesis I,2 courses for MS (EM) at IoBM.
|Specifications and Institution||Years|
|Doctorate of Philosophy – Electronic Engineering
University of Surrey – Guildford, UK │Frequency planning for clustered jointly processed cellular MAC.
|Master of Science – Space Engineering
Umeå University – Kiruna, Sweden │MSc dist. in Signal Processing, Sensors & Instrumentation.
|Bachelor of Science – Electrical Engineering
University Of Engineering – Pakistan│ First Division (Elect. & Comms.)│ Mobile IP over Ad Hoc Networks.
Summary of Qualifications
- 3 years teaching expertise in software design, analysis,; test of optics payload for 2 remote sensing satellites
- 5 years experience in information theory application for spectrum allocation in next generation wireless networks
- 2 years technical engineering management experience in rollout of GSM/EDGE Networks
- Strategic planning in role as Regional Coordinator, Asia Pacific, SGAC (United Nations NPO)
- Excellent Communicator with 15 years experience in presenting to a varied audience
|Ontario Centre of Excellence (OCE), Toronto, Canada
Technical Reviewer, VIP I/II, TalentEdge Programs
|UTIAS Space Flight Laboratory, Canada
Manager, Optics Subsystems / Integration & Test Engineer
- EEE2018 Software Analysis & Design, Information Theory Fundamentals
- Course evaluation and marking in laboratories (two 1-hr sessions) and laboratory assignments, web-based exercises and tutorial sheets
- EDPS `Leadership and Teamwork’ Course
- Fall Semester 2007, Spring Semester, Summer 2008, Spring 2010
- Electronics Laboratory Orientation
- Fall Semester 2009 First / Second year engineering students: introduction to software for engineering design
- 15 Professional Development Courses ranging from Communication, Program Management, Communication Tech
- ‘Culture and Engineering Ethics’ in Kiruna, Sweden, 2004
- Mentoring and Professional Development
- Supervised IEng designate candidate for professional development (1 year)
- Information and Communication Technology Council Advisor on IEP (2012-present
2006 – 2011
University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
Electronic Engineering PhD Scholar
Thesis: Fundamental Limits of Clustered Cellular Systems
Synopsis: Evaluated spectral efficiency of clustered cellular systems with uniform user distribution, which are allocated frequency bins (sub channels). The sum rate is derived using information theoretic tools. This derivation is used as input to a modified genetic algorithm which maximizes the efficiency of the system. The model is summed up with proposed applications in a realistic scenario. Moreover, mathematical framework is developed to measure efficiency and fairness. The framework enhanced resource allocation efficiency by 30%. This research is expected to assist capacity planners and network operators in making informed decisions for deployment of next generation systems.
- Evaluated user level cellular architecture and current spectrum allocation strategies
- Derived, solved mathematical upper bound framework for resource allocation in clustered cells
- First author of 4 papers and 2 reports summarizing spectral efficiency gain of 30%
Engineering Management Experience
Satellite Services Limited – UK
Electronics Design Engineer
Analytical design (covariance analysis) for sun sensor: analyzed output errors using covariance function. Calibrated optical bench setup and produced Schematics and Gerber files for board manufacturer.
- Analytical design: Covariance analysis for sun sensor output and derived quantities
- Complete implementation of sun sensor design using Eagle PCB (schema, BB, Gerber Files)
Telenor Mobile (PVT) Ltd. – Pakistan
Operations & Maintenance Engineer
Led contractor work for rollout of 80+ BTS cell sites. Led and managed multi-disciplinary project teams: defined areas of expertise for 3 teams of 5 people each. Prepared environmental plan for MSC implementation and proposed energy saving techniques in Telenor Pakistan’s administrative buildings. Presented report to management.
- Supervised O&M plans, Technical Site Surveys – 30 green/micro BTS sites
- Coordinated with RF in radio site data builds plan to meet regional KPIs
- Complied with SLA test techniques for GSM mobile interface
- Delivered 1.5 hours presentation after research on green IT management to C-Level officers
- Analyzed environmental, power and IT strategies for OSS, Mobile Switching Interface
- Defined areas of expertise for subcons, proposed strategies, coordinated with 3 internal teams for Technical Surveys, negotiated with Nokia Siemens Management for Phase III of rollout
- Researched and presented energy saving measures for micro BTS operations
Surrey Satellite Technology Limited (SSTL) – UK
Project: Magnetic Moment Determination in Variable Noise Environments
Planned, implemented Gaussian broadside configuration for MTR-30 magnetorquer rods. Derived the characteristic equation, analyzed effect of magnetic noise in AIT Shed, Power lab and Class 100,000 clean room environments. Experiments using the above assumptions and precautions helped reduce the error due to magnetic noise from a 36% to 20%.
- Derived and implemented magnetic moment for MTR-10, MTR-30 (10-30 Am2) torque rods.
- Analytical derivation of Somerset and Kennelly variants of magnetic moment density.
- Performed simulation for measurements using graphical software, Lab View 7.0.
- Administered recommended conditions to reduce the error from 36% to 20%.
Swedish Space Corporation – Sweden,
Manager, Ground Station team, Bexus II
Prepared Preliminary Design Review and Critical Design Review plans. Performed simulation for RS 232 Interface design and Real time telemetry. Experience in development and modification of Java/ LabView based Ground Station (GS) Control Software. Flight heritage of 6 hours and 180 MB seamless storage.
- Improvised LabView measurement process for BEXUS II telemetry & Real Time Serial interface.
- Development of real time user interface and communication and redundant engineering model.
- Documented software modules for BEXUS II PDR, CDR plan, presented research in a conference.
- Seamless data storage & display for 5+ hours over real time TCP/IP connection
RESEARCH AREAS And EXPERTISE
- Research Areas: Network Information Theory, Radio Resource Management (utility, fairness, NP Hard), Heurestic Search Methods, Genetic Algorithm, Auto focus Algorithm, Link Budget, Dynamic Spectrum Management, Propagation Modelling, MTF Chain Analysis
- Key Expertise: Optimisation, TCP/IP, IPv4, NAT, MAC, PHY Protocols, UMTS/LTE Simulator development, Mathematical modelling, Proposal Writing, evaluation, Teaching/Seminar at postgraduate, professional level
- Software: Matlab, Ada, C, Latex, Visio, Advanced Excel, WordPress (publishing)
- Key Courses (postgrad.): Project Management, Simulation & Modelling, Applied Engineering Analysis, Information Theory.
Wireless communication systems has changed the way we communicate, live, interact and think. The growth of wireless communication in the last 60 years has been motivated by increasing need for increasing bandwidth and provision of multiple services as well as co existence with multiple class of services.
Due to the scarcity of spectrum resources, there is a dire need to study the effect of spectrum sharing. Due to the energy draining nature of wireless networks, different classes of users can affect the performance of the whole wireless network. In order to increase efficiency, It is hence important to classify resources according to the quality of service and different architectures which increase efficiency.
I study how to design effective mathematical models to simulate link between users and terminals for wireless systems using various tools. I am particularly interested in radio resource allocation for decentralized cellular networks.
Here, I previously adapted a common heurestic using the concept of natural selection particulalry mutation and crossover and use wireless resources modelling. Consequently, my cross disciplinary interest connects engineering, applied mathematics, economic parameterization and computational biology.
- N. S. Ibrahim, M. Majid, S. C. O. Grocott, R. E. Zee, “NEMO-AM: High Fidelity Autonomous Nanosatellite for Earth Observation and Aerosol Monitoring,” Ch. 40, Opt. Payload for Space Missions, John Wiley & Sons Ltd. Dec 2015.
- S. C. O. Grocott, N. S. Ibrahim, D. Diaconu, M. Dwyer, J. Elliott, D. Kekez, M. Majid, F. Pranajaya, M. Stan, R. E. Zee, “NEMO-AM: High Fidelity Autonomous Nanosatellite for Earth Observation and Aerosol Monitoring,” Proceedings of the 4S (Small Satellites Systems and Services) Symposium, Port Petro, Majorca Island, Spain, May 26-30, 2014.
- ‘Frequency planning for clustered jointly processed cellular MAC’, M.Majid, M.Imran, R. Hoshyar, Institution of Engineering & Technology Communications Journal, 2013.
- ‘Cell based Fair Resource Allocation in Fixed Clustered Cellular Systems using a Genetic Algorithm’, M.Majid, M.Imran, R.Hoshyar, 21st IEEE Personal Indoor Mobile Radio Conference, 26-29 September 2010, Istanbul, Turkey, 2010.
- ‘Optimization of bin based Clustered Cellular System Using a Genetic Algorithm’, M.Majid, M.Imran, R. Hoshyar, 6th Int’l Wireless Communication & Mobile Computing Conference, 2010.
- ‘Uplink Capacity analysis of BIN Based Clustered Cellular System Using a Genetic Algorithm’, Internal Report, M.Majid, Centre for Communication Systems Research, April 2009.
- ‘Analysing Uplink Capacity of Partially Overlapping Channel Based WLANS Using a Hyper-Receiver’, M.Majid, M.Imran, R. Hoshyar, Proc. 5th IEEE International Symposium on Wireless Comm. Systems, Reykjavik, Iceland, October 2008.
- Analysis of information theoretic capacity for future wireless cities, M.Majid, MPhil to PhD Transfer Report, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK, October 2007.
English, Urdu, French (basic).
Invited Reviewer: ISIEA 2014, ISCAIE 2014, ISWTA 2013, APACE 2012.
Project Management Principles, PMI accredited course (2016).
IEEE Risk Management Course (2016).
Understanding Financial Statements– University of Toronto Executive course (2015).
Agilent / Gap Wireless Seminars on Advanced RF Communication technologies, , Toronto, Canada (2012-2014).
Advanced Matlab and Simulink Skills, Maple for Engineers, University of Surrey, UK (2010).
Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (2011-pr), PEC (lifetime).
Member, Information & Communication Technology Council IEP Advisory Committee (2012-pr).
TPC Member: 2015 IEEE GlobalSIP, CROWNCOM 2015, ISIEA 2014.
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
CES Building: Office Room 504, Electrical Engineering Department,
Institute of Business Management Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – 400
Dr. Zeeshan Shahid
Engr. Dr. Zeeshan Shahid has a PhD and MSc degrees in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from International Islamic University Malaysia. He obtained his B.E from Usman Institute of Technology (UIT). He has published number of research articles in high quality international scientific journals and conference proceedings. He has numerous years experience in industrial and academic field. His research interest is in power engineering specialized in grid-tied inverters, multi-level inverters, DC-DC converters, Integration of renewable energy sources (RES) with utility grids and Power quality improvement.
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Faculty of Engineering.
International Islamic University Malaysia.
|M.Sc. (Electronics Engineering).
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Faculty of Engineering.
International Islamic University Malaysia.
|12/2010 – 08/2012|
Usman Institute of Technology (Hamdard University)
|09/2005 – 08/2009|
- Highly developed research qualitative, quantitative and analytical skills with a strong capacity to conduct independent research.
- Demonstrated ability to develop goals, objectives and implement strategies through lesson planning and teaching experience.
- Proven ability to conceptualize problems and develop well-reasoned and integrated solutions, as demonstrated throughout PhD and Masters research.
- Working knowledge Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Viso and simulation softwares Matlab, Multisim, Pspice, Proteous and Labview.
|Assistant Professor||Usman Institute of Technology (NED University of Engineering and Technology)||
||01/2016 – to date|
|Teaching Assistant, Tutor and Lab Demonstrator||International Islamic University, Malaysia||
||09/2011 – 12/2015|
The Automators (PVT.) LTD (Honeywell International, Inc.)
|11/2009 – 11/2010|
|Project Engineer||Pakistan Engineering Services (PES)||06/2009 – 11/2010|
- Zesshan Shahid, Nadratul Aliah Abd Ghafar, Noor Amalina Ramli, Sunayah Dzulkifli, Rumana Tasnim, Myo Min Oo, Sheroz Khan, “Highly sensitive timer-based resistance deviation to time converter”, IIUM Engineering Journal, ISI Index, vol 12(6), 2011.
- Zeeshan Shahid, Sheroz Khan, AHM Zahirul Alam, and Musse Muhamod Ahmed, “DCDC Boost Converter for Grid-tied Renewable Energy Generation Systems”, World Applied Science Journal, ISI/SCOUPUS Index, 144-147, February 2014
- Zeeshan Shahid, Sheroz Khan, AHM Zahirul Alam, and Musse Muhamod Ahmed, “LM555 Timer-based Inverter Low Power Pure Sinusoidal AC Output”, World Applied Science Journal, SCOUPUS Index, 141-143, February 2014
- Zeeshan Shahid, Sheroz Khan, AHM Zahirul Alam, and Musse Muhamod Ahmed, “Current Loss Comparison of PWM Operated Transformer-Based and Transformer-Less Inverter” International Journal of Advanced Research in Electronics and Communication Engineering (IJARECE), Volume 3, Issue 2, February 2014
- Zeeshan Shahid, Sheroz Khan, AHM Zahirul Alam, and Musse Muhamod Ahmed, “On the issue of fly-back spikes in pwm-operated single-phase transformer-less grid-tied inverter”, Journal of Advances in Science and technology, ISI Index ISSN 0971-956. May 2015.
- Zeeshan Shahid, Sheroz Khan, AHM Zahirul Alam, and Musse Muhamod Ahmed and Rahman, Mizanur ”Single-phase inverter for small voltage supplies for use in distributed measurement systems.”, IEEE International Conference on Smart Instrumentation, Measurement and Applications (ICSIMA), 25 November 2014, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Zeeshan Shahid, Sheroz Khan, AHM Zahirul Alam, and Musse Muhamod Ahmed “Investigation on grid synchronization for grid-tied DC-AC single phase inverters”, International Conference on Computer & Communication Engineering 2014, 23rd-25th September 2014, Kuala Lumpur.
- Zeeshan Shahid, Sheroz Khan, AHM Zahirul Alam, and Musse Muhamod Ahmed, “Multi-level DC-AC inverter for grid-tied renewable energy systems” International Research, Invention and Innovation Exhibition 2014 (IRIIE2014), 11th -13th June 2014, Cultural Activity Center (CAC), International Islamic University Malaysia.
- R., Mizanur and Khan, Sheroz and A Rahman, M. and Hrairi, Meftah and Ferdaus, Mohammad Meftahul and Zeeshan Shahid, “A battery charge balancing system with reducing inrush high spike current for electric vehicle”, IEEE International Conference on Smart Instrumentation, Measurement and Applications (ICSIMA 2014), 25 November 2014, Kuala Lumpur.
- Hazwani, Siti and Khan, Sheroz and Al-Khateeb, Khalid A. Saeed and Siddiqi, Mohammad Umar and Habaebi, Mohamed Hadi and Zeeshan Shahid, Randomness analysis of pseudo random noise generator using 24-bits LFSR. In: 2014 Fifth International Conference on Intelligent Systems, Modelling and Simulation (ISMS 2014), 27-29 Jan. 2014, Langkawi, Kedah.
- Zeeshan Shahid, Sheroz Khan, AHM Zahirul Alam, and Musse Muhamod Ahmed, “DC-DC boost converter for grid-tied renewable energy generation systems”, International Conference on Innovation Challenges in Multidisciplinary Research & Practice (ICMRP 2013), 13th-14th Dec. 2013, Kuala Lumpur.
- Md. Noman Habib Khan, Sheroz khan, Teddy Suray Gunawan, Zeeshan Shahid, “DC-AC Inverter with Perspective of Common Mode and Wave-Shaping”, IEEE International Conference on Smart Instrumentation, Measurement and Applications (ICSIMA) 26-27 November 2013, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Md. Noman Habib Khan, Sheroz khan, Teddy Suray Gunawan, Zeeshan Shahid, “Wave Shaping with Reduced Leakage Current in Transformer-less Inverter”, IEEE International Conference on Smart Instrumentation, Measurement and Applications (ICSIMA) 26-27 November 2013, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Zeeshan Shahid, Sheroz Khan, AHM Zahirul Alam, “Pulse generation using avalanche transistor for ultra-wide band communication: analysis and simulation results”, International Conference on Computer & Communication Engineering 2012, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Zeeshan Shahid, Sheroz Khan, AHM Zahirul Alam, “Pico seconds UWB pulse shaping with reduced ringing phenomenon”, International Conference on Computer & Communication Engineering 2012, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Zeeshan Shahid, Sheroz Khan, AHM Zahirul Alam, and Musse Muhamod Ahmed (2015). Inverters are Converters, Solar Energy: Fundamentals, Inverters and Systems (under review)
- Zeeshan Shahid, Sheroz Khan, AHM Zahirul Alam, and Musse Muhamod Ahmed (2015). Multi-level Inverters, Switching and Switching Frequency, Solar Energy: Fundamentals, Inverters and Systems (under review)
- Zeeshan Shahid, Sheroz Khan, AHM Zahirul Alam, and Musse Muhamod Ahmed (2015). Distributed Generation and Micro-Grid System, Solar Energy: Fundamentals, Inverters and Systems (under review)
- Zeeshan Shahid, Sheroz Khan, AHM Zahirul Alam (2012). UWB pulse generation and shaping: analysis and simulation results, Interfacing Electronic for Measurement, Signal Processing and Wireless Communication, Edited by Sheroz Khan, IIUM Press publications
- Zeeshan Shahid, Sheroz Khan, AHM Zahirul Alam (2012). Pulse generators, design and application of timer-based circuits for modulation in remote sensing, Interfacing Electronic for Measurement, Signal Processing and Wireless Communication, Edited by Sheroz Khan, IIUM Press publications
- Zeeshan Shahid, Sheroz Khan, AHM Zahirul Alam (2012). Resistance variations to pulse generator for applications in sensing low voltage signals, Interfacing Electronic for Measurement, Signal Processing and Wireless Communication, Edited by Sheroz Khan, IIUM Press publications
- Zeeshan Shahid, Sheroz Khan, AHM Zahirul Alam (2012). Simulations of resistance variations to pulse generator circuits, Interfacing Electronic for Measurement, Signal Processing and Wireless Communication, Edited by Sheroz Khan, IIUM Press publications.
EXHIBITIONS & WORKSHOPS
- Zeeshan Shahid, Sheroz Khan, AHM Zahirul Alam, and Musse Muhamod Ahmed, “Multi-level DC-AC inverter for grid-tied renewable energy systems” International Research, Invention and Innovation Exhibition 2014 (KIRIIE 2014), 2014, Cultural Activity Center (CAC), Internatioanal Islamic University Malaysia.
- Zeeshan Shahid, Sheroz Khan, AHM Zahirul Alam, and Musse Muhamod Ahmed, “Multi-level DC-AC inverter for grid-tied renewable energy systems” International Research, Invention and Innovation Exhibition 2014 (IRIIE2014), 11th -13th June 2014, Cultural Activity Center (CAC), Internatioanal Islamic University Malaysia.
- Zeeshan Shahid, Sheroz Khan, AHM Zahirul Alam, and Musse Muhamod Ahmed, “A Novel DC-DC Buck Boost Converter” International Research, Invention and Innovation Exhibition 2013 (IRIIE2013), 2013, Cultural Activity Center (CAC), Internatioanal Islamic University Malaysia.
- Zeeshan Shahid, Sheroz Khan, AHM Zahirul Alam, (2012). Pulse generator Using Avalanche Transistor for UWB Communication, submitted to IRIIE2012
- Zeeshan Shahid, Khaizuran Abdullah, Sheroz Khan (2012). Wireless IP camera-based motion detection surveillance system, submitted to IRIIE2012
Scholarships & Awards
- IIUM Presidential Scholarship – 2014- 2015.
- KIRIIE Exhibition Gold Medal – 2012/2014 .
- IRIIE Exhibition Silver Medal – 2006/2014 .
- IRIIE Exhibition Bronze Medal – 2004/2012.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Professional Electronics Engineer.
- Institute of Engineers Pakistan (IEP).
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Pakistan (IEEEP).
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
CES Building: Office Room 504, Electrical Engineering Department,
Institute of Business Management Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – 401
Engineer Rashid Qutub has an MSc degree in Production Management from Technical University Hamburg Harburg, Germany and B.E Mechanical Engineering from NED Engineering University.
He has got opportunity to work with German Aluminium manufacturing company, Hydro Aluminium in Hamburg. He has worked in the Product Development department and has worked indepth to investigate and correlate the microstructure and mechanical properties of Aluminium Alloy. He has worked in the Production planning, material planning and in the mechanical design department of Siemens Engineering and KSB Pumps. He has got experience of mechanical designing of various standard and customized Electrical motors and Diesel Generators. He has worked with ERP such as SAP/R3 and Comet in these organizations. He has also worked in Automobile Industry by having an association with Dawood Yamaha Ltd and Agri Autos Ltd in their Production departments.
Working with world renowned Spain based Inspection Company, Applus Velosi, He has worked in the field of Inspection of piping and equipment in the process and hydrocarbon plants. Being a qualified API 580 Inspector, he has worked for several different projects of Risk Based Inspection for the Oil & gas companies situated in Middle East and Pakistan. He has work experience of RBI related projects for the companies like Talisman Malaysia, Bunduq UAE, OGDCL, Pakistan Petroleum Ltd and GSK Pharmaceuticals. He has also worked for the pipeline project of Trans Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline project where the gas pipeline has been provided for a route covering dedicated areas of the Caspian Sea, Azerbaijan and Turkey. He has also got experience in the field of HSE and has got internationally recognized Certifications like IOSH-Managing Safely (UK) and NEBOSH IGC (UK). He is also a qualified Lead Auditor of OHSAS 18001 (IRCA-UK). He is fond of learning foreign languages and is fluent in German language.
|Master of Science||Technical University Hamburg Harburg||Oct 2002 – July 2004|
|Mechanical Engineering||NED University of Engineering & Technology||1992 – 1996|
- Certified professional of API-580 (Risk based Inspection) by the American Petroleum Institute(API).
- Successfully completed the OH&S Management systems Lead Auditor course no. A17048 and Passed Examination with Good grade (Certificated by International Register of Certified Auditors-UK). This course was organized by SGS Pakistan (Pvt.) Ltd in Karachi during 22-26 April 2013.
- Succesfully passed the course of IOSH Managing safely – UK
- Successfully passed NEBOSH (International General Certificate) – UK
Dec 2004 – March 2006
|Senior Mechanical Engineer /
QA QC Engineer and Risk Based Inspection Engineer
|APPLUS VELOSI||Jan 2012 – Current||I have worked as Senior Mechanical Engineer / QA QC Engineer and Risk Based Inspection Engineer in the area of Process Industry for the Piping & Equipment systems. I have been actively engaged in the inspection of mechanical equipment and machines related to oil & gas industry.I have good knowledge of Piping & API 570 as well and have conducted Inspections. I have successfully supervised the QA/QC of mechanical work of Sui Southern Gas Company while the installation of their 06 nos. of compressors. It includes welding, fabrication, RT film review and commissioning process. I am currently leading the RBI study project of stationery equipment (Pressure vessels, Heat Exchangers and piping systems) at Pakistan Petroleum Limited Sui fields (all of the 3 plants i.e Purification plant, SFGCS plant and Production DHP plant).|
|Senior Engineer||SIEMENS ENGINEERING CO. Ltd||April 2006 – March 2011||Worked as Senior Engineer in Mechanical Maintenance department of Business units Motor-Alternator & Generator. My prime responsibility was to ensure the continuous and smooth running of the machines and equipment which were being utilized for the production process. I have worked for the corrective, preventive and scheduled maintenance of the Lathe machines, drilling machines, milling machines, hydraulic and mechanical press machines as well.|
|Executive Engineer||KSB PUMPS CO. Ltd||Dec 2004 – March 2006||Worked and got experience as Executive Engineer in Production Planning department. Major responsibilities included the supply chain activities and to ensure that production materials are timely supplied to machine shops & work centers. Also to determine of the required capacity against machine shop plan and analysis of the capacity requirement against available capacity for each work center. I worked on COMET VERSION 3.3 ERP to perform the job responsibilities|
|Research Engineer||HYDRO ALUMINIUM||2003 Oct- 2004 May||
Worked as Research Engineer in the Product development department on Aluminum alloy 1050. Main objective was to investigate the microstructure of the alloy and then compare with its mechanical properties. During this assignment, I conducted mechanical testing and metallographic including sample preparation, etching process and microscopic examinations
|Trainee Engineer||DAWOOD YAMAYA LTD||1997 – 2000 February||Worked with M/s Baluchistan Engineering Works ltd. as a Trainee Engineer in Production department. Major responsibilities included supervision of sheet metal works on mechanical and hydraulic press machines and to achieve the daily & weekly targets.|
|INTERNSHIP||SIG Corpoplast GmbH||Hamburg, Germany||Had the opportunity to observe the production processes of medium sized PET bottles in one of the biggest factories in Germany. Stretch Blow molding machines were being used for this purpose and in addition, learned about the Quality control & production planning.|
- Fluent in English and German languages (verbal, written and spoken).
- Good working experience of SAP R/3 MM Module
- Worked and have got experience with AUTO CAD 2D & CAESAR II piping modeling software
- Good familiar with Primavera (P6)
- Worked and well familiar with Enterprise Resource planning (Comet system version 3.3)
- Sound working knowledge of MS Office programs
- Pakistan Engineering Council – Pakistan
- American Petroleum Institute – USA
- International Register for Certificated Auditor – UK
- Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH) – UK
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
Room No. A -106 SSKEC , Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – 737
Osama Mahfooz has earned an MBA degree in Telecommunication Management from Institute of Business Management (IoBM), Karachi and BE in Electronics from PAF-Karachi Institute of Economics & Technology. He has completed a CCNA Exploration certification from Aptech. He also has six research publications in journal of CCSIS, IoBM recognized by HEC that is PJETS (Pakistan Journal of Engineering Technology & Science)
- Technology Entrepreneurship (IBA-Karachi)
- NS-2 Simulator (EMEC-IOBM)
- Android Application Development (EMEC-IoBM)
- Alternate Energy Fuels (NED University CCEE Academy)
- Renewable Energy (Wind) (Conducted by PEC in NED University CCEE Academy)
- Managing the Maintenance Department (NED University CCEE Academy)
- CCNA Exploration from Cisco Haidri Academy (APTECH)
Brief statement of research interest
- Telecommunication, Industrial Control and Automation.
- Osama Mahfooz and Asadullah Shah (2011). “Revisiting Far/Near Infrared Pyramid-Based Fusion Types for Night Vision Using Matlab”. PJETS Institute of Business Management Volume-1 Number-1 (HEC Z-Category Journal)
- Osama Mahfooz (2011). “Monitoring & Automation of Concrete Plant using PLC”. PJETS Institute of Business Management Volume-1 Number-2 (HEC Z-Category Journal)
- Osama Mahfooz, Mujtaba Memon and Asim Iftikhar (2012). “Project Review on Water Level Controlling using PLC” PJETS Institute of Business Management Volume-2 Number-2 (HEC Z-Category Journal)
- Osama Mahfooz, and Mujtaba Memon (2013). “Role of Contact Centers for Smart Cities” PJETS Institute of Business Management Volume-3 Number-1 (HEC Z-Category Journal)
- Osama Mahfooz and Mujtaba Memon (2015).Review Paper on Use of Wireless Sensor Network to Overcome Agricultural Problems of Pakistan, PJETS Vol 5, No 1 (HEC Z-Category Journal)
- Seema Ansari and Osama Mahfooz (2015).Research in Pakistan: Structure, Funding and Results, PJETS Vol 5, No 1 (HEC Z-Category Journal)
HONORS and AWARDS
- Journal Manager, Pakistan Journal of Engineering Technology & Science (PJETS)
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
Office,Room 504, Electrical Engineering Department,
Creek College Block, Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – 403
I want a highly rewarding career where I can use my skills and knowledge to help the institute.
Field of Interest
- Renewable Energy.
- Power Distribution System
- Instrumentation & Measurements.
Trainee Engineer at Allied Engineering & Services. (2012 – 2013)
Customer Services Executive at UFONE Karachi. (2013-2014)
|2015 – Continue||Lab Engineer||IoBM|
|2014-2015||Visiting Lecturer||Indus University Karachi|
|2014-2015||Lecturer||Indus University Karachi|
|2011-2012||Lecturer||Jamiyat Educational Board|
HONORS and AWARDS
- Got 1st Position in Matriculation from Govt High School Sindhri.
- Got top ten position in Intermediate at Mirpurkhas Board.
- Participated in seminar “Instrumentation for Non-Instrument Persons” at UIT Karachi.
- Participated in PEC CPD seminar “Big Data Computing (Architecture, platform tool)” at Indus University Karachi.
- Participated in PEC CPD Short Course Series on “Traffic Management in Metropolitan Areas”.
- Participated in seminar “Karachi Koalas – A Robot Soccer Team” at Habib University Karachi.
I want a highly rewarding career where I can use my skills and knowledge to help the institute.
Field of Interest
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Industrial Control Electronics
- Automation and Robotics
- Embedded Systems and Designs
- Navigation, Guidance and Control
Name of Organization
The Automators (Pvt.) Ltd.
Pak Aeronautical Complex kamra
HONORS and AWARDS
- Got scholarship in 1st, 3rd ,4th , 5th ,7th and 8th semester on the basis of term GPA
- Got honor award in 1st, 3rd ,4th , 5th , 7th and 8th semester
- Secured 1st position in declamation contest of PAF KIET
- Secured 3rd position in the Final Year Project
Dr. Muhammad Irshad Khan
Dr. Muhammad Irshad Khan Holds a PhD degree in Chemical Engineering and a Postgraduate Diploma from University of Bradford, UK. He has over 30 years experience of Industry and Management and is a registered consultant of the Islamic Development Bank, Jeddah and SMEDA, Pakistan. He is a professional member of Institute of Industrial Engineers, USA.
- B.Sc., from Karachi University in 1962.
- Post Graduate Diploma from University of Bradford (UK) in 1967
- D. (Chem. Eng) from University of Bradford (UK) in 1972
- Senior Fellow, Industrial Engineering & Management Department, at Institute of Business Management, Korangi Creek, Karachi, from September 2004 to date.
- Assistant Process Engineer at Rank Xerox Ltd., Elstree (UK) for two and half years. (July 1963 to September 1965)
- Assistant Experimental Officer at Warren Spring Laboratory, Ministry of Science & Technology(U.K) for one year.( October 1965 to September 1966)
- Associate professor at Sind University for three months.
- Pool Scientist at Pakistan Science Foundation, Islamabad for 8 moths. (Sept. 1973 to April 1974)
- Manager Technical & Operations at Board of Management (Sind)/ Ghee Corporation for six and half years. ( May 1974 to Dec. 1980 )
- Manager Business Development at General Tyre & Rubber company, Karachi for 8 years.(Dec.1980 to October 1988)
- Managing Director at Nutri Pak Food Industries, Karachi for 6 years.(October 1988 to Nov.1994)
- Managing Director at NIF Engineering Ltd., Karachi for 4 years. (Nov.1994 to Dec.1998)
- Director Operations at Kohinoor Tea (Pvt) Ltd., Karachi for 6 years (Dec. 1998 to Aug. 2004)
- Islamic Development Bank Jeddah and SMEDA, Pakistan
The Mixing and segregation of Particulate solids of different particle size. Published in “The Chemical Engineer” by Institution of Chemical Engineers, London. No.269, January 1973.
- Member Institute of Industrial Engineers, USA
Fahad Bin Abdullah
Fahad holds an MSc from University of South Bank- London. He is Lean Management certified and specialization in the field of Design & Manufacturing. He Holds a BE Mechanical Engineering Degree from NED University. He has the Project Coordination and Maintenance Engineering experience mainly related to field of Mechanical Engineering & Management.
- Industrial Waste Water Treatment- NEDUET-2017.
- Lean Management – CONSAK INC Canada – 2016.
- Energy Audits & Techniques – NEDUET-2015.
- Entrepreneurial Management – IBA Karachi -2014.
- ANSYS –Parametric Trainers & Consultants Karachi – 2004.
- AUTOCAD – Autodesk Training Center (ATC) USA -2004.
- C++ – College of Digital Sciences Karachi – 2003.
|1||Karachi Port Trust (KPT)||Application of Industrial Engineering Practices in coal handling and storage at port.|
|2||Hino Pak Motors Limited||Improving Productivity with an Integration of TQM and SCM Tools.|
|3||NIB Bank Limited||Analysis of Operating Cost and Improvement Analysis for Cost Reduction.|
|4||Techno Pack Industry Private Limited||The study of capacity Planning in Manufacturing of Fork Pipe Assembly.|
|5||Pak Suzuki Motors Limited||Process Improvement in Inventory Management.|
|6||ORO Private Limited||Production Loss: Impact of Cycle Time, Flash and Shot in 12’’, 8’’ & 6’’ Ruler.|
- Fahad Bin Abdullah: The Major role by NTDC (National Transmission & Dispatch Company) in Electricity Expansion in Pakistan- In Progress.
- Fahad Bin Abdullah, Syed Irfan Hyder: Conceptualizing the energy security for Pakistan: An Integrated metric framework – In Progress.
- Fahad Bin Abdullah: Oil To Gas: Import Multiplicity in China, India & Pakistan For Strategic Deliberation – In Progress.
- Fahad Bin Abdullah, Saima Yaqoob Laboratory Engineer: Career Development Awareness with Work Ethics, Personal Characteristics and Skills Evolvement, Pakistan Journal of Engineering Technology and Science, (In Press), 2016.
- Fahad Bin Abdullah, Shahid Amjad: Effects of CO2 Emission on Health & Environment: Evidence from fuel sources in Pakistani Industries: Pakistan Journal of Engineering Technology and Science, volume 5, No2, December 2015.
- Fahad Bin Abdullah, Abdulrauf Farroqi: Pakistan Water Woes: Solution Lies in Constitutional Reforms. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research (IJSER), Volume 6, Issue 7, July-2015.
- Fahad Bin Abdullah 2015 Renewable energy source in Pakistan: Multi fold hydropower extraction is imperative Conference proceedings On Entrepreneurial Engineering Opportunities in Renewable Energy for Self Sufficiency 4-5 August 2015 College Of Engineering Sciences (IoBM) Karachi.
- Fahad Bin Abdullah 2015: Energy Crisis: Are Coal Fired Power Plants an Environmental Friendly Option Conference Presentation On 2nd International Conference of Environmental & Energy 25-27 February 2015 Department of Engineering, Quaid-e- Awam University, Nawabshah.
- Fahad Bin Abdullah 2014: Effects of CO2 Emission on Health & Environment: Evidence from fuel sources in Pakistani Industries: Conference Presentation On 3rd International Conference of Environmental Horizon 21-23 December 2014 Department of Chemistry, University of Karachi.
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
Room No. 301-Industrial Building 2nd floor, Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – 737
Mukhtar Ahmed has MS (Mechanical Engineering) from the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA and BE (Mechanical Engineering) from NED. He has teaching experience of almost 23 years and started his teaching career with NED where his last appointment was as Associate Professor. He also went to Zimbabwe, Harare Polytechnic as Lecturer. He has 4 years working experience with Roti Corporation of Pakistan as Deputy Manager, Technical.
|M.S. (Mechanical Engineering)||University of Southern California||1994|
|B.E. (Mechanical Engineering)||NED Engineering College||1976|
|B.Sc. (Major: Mathematics, Minor: Physics)||Adamjee Science College||1970|
|Senior Fellow||Institute of Business Management||August 2010 till date|
|Acting Chairman, Department of Biomedical Engineering||NED University of Engineering & Technology||November 2005 to July 2007|
|Associate Professor||NED University of Engineering & Technology||June 1998 to Feb 2010|
|Assistant Professor||NED University of Engineering & Technology||October 1987 to June 1998|
|Lecturer in Charge||Harare Polytechnic, Zimbabwe||August 1982 to July 1986|
|Assistant Professor||NED University of Engineering & Technology||September 1980 to August 1982|
|Deputy Manager Technical||Roti Corporation of Pakistan||August 1976 to September 1980|
|Adjunct Faculty Member||Wayne State University, Detroit, USA||September 1995 to December 1995|
- A Study of Cold Chain in Pakistan in 2014 By Maaz Ahmed
- Quality Improvement by Using Industrial Engineering Techniques in 2014 By Syed Rafiullah, Monis Jan Allahwala and Abdul Salam Malik
- Design the Drive System of an Electric Car in 2008 By Amnah Hameed, Samina Asad Junejo, and Kulsoom Zakir
- Automation of Final Assembly Process (Speedometer) Alson Auto Parts in 2005 By Sheikh Muhammad Fareed, Faiz Muhammad and Farhan Muhammad
- Design and Fabrication of Sheet Gasket Cutting Machine in 2004 By Quaser Faiz, Tanveerul Haq, Mansoor Hyder and M. Tariq Zia
- Design of Candy Manufacturing Plant in 2001 By Umair Uddin, Tauqeer Ahmed, M. Zahid Jamal and M. Tariq Zia
- Design of Inspection Capsule for Oil Well in 2001 By S. Hasan Mehdi, Imtiaz Ahmed, Khalid Farooq Khatak and Muddusir
- Design, Fabrication and Testing of CNG Tank in 2001 By M.Rehmanul Hasan Siddiqui, Yousuf Masood, Hafiz Tanzeelur Rehman and Usman Farooq
- Design of CNG Compressor in 2001 By Hamid Karim, Adnan Sheikh, Saad Shmsi and Zeshan Ahmed
- Retrofitting of Thermal Wheel in the Bakery Oven for Conserve Energy in 1998 By Sabbir Hussain, Saddat Quereshi and M. Iqbal
- Design and Finite Element Analysis of Mounded Storage Tank 1997 By Waqar Ahmed Malik and Saeed Afsar
- Design of an Active Suspension System of a Car in 1997 By Adnan Ahmed, Samad Ahmed Khan, Faizan Mustafa and Khurram Abbas
- Design of Continuous Oven for Biscuit Manufacturing in 1996 By S. Imran Mehdi, M. Ayaz and M. Imran
- Research in Progress – “A Model of Computerized Maintenance Management System, for Small Industries”.
- A case study of Statistical Process Control of Garment factory.(In progress)
http://journals.iobmresearch.com/ Volume 5 Number 1 2015 http://journals.iobmresearch.com/index.php/PJETS/article/view/322
- Mukhtar A.(1996), “Computer Modeling of Creep Deformation Maps in Three Dimensions”. NED University Journal of Engineering Research, Vol. 1, No. 4, pp. 1-11.
- Mukhtar A. (2012), “A Comparison of Strain Deformation Mechanism of Al, Mo, MgO & CaO in Harper-Dorn Creep”. Pakistan Journal of Engineering Technology & Science Volume 2, Number 1,pp 27-38.
- Mukhtar A. (2015), “A Case Study of Maintenance Management System for Bread Baking Plant”, Pakistan Journal of Engineering Technology & Science, Volume 5 Number 1, pp 1-12.
- Mukhtar Ahmed, (2016), “Quality Enhancement for Garment Industry by Using SPC”, Pakistan Journal of Engineering Technology and Sciences, (under review).
- International Conference on Energy and Sustainability, NED University April 27, 2013. (Certificate Awarded)
- DICE Energy Conference, NED University, December 23& 24, 2014
- International Conference on, ‘Multidisciplinary Engineering Research & Technology: Harnessing the Power of R&D’. Institute of Business Management, March, 06, 2017.
- 7th International Mechanical Engineering Conference, Institute of Engineers Pakistan, Karachi Center, March 24 & 25, 2017. (Certificate Awarded).
- Seventh Colloquium on “Stochastic Modeling & Data Analysis, Institute of Business Management, March 09, 2013. (Certificate Awarded)
- Workshop on “Big Data”, Institute of Business Management, March, 28 & 29, 2017.
- Workshop on “Experiential Learning in Business Education”, Institute of Business Management, February 16, 2013. (Certificate Awarded)
- A 3 days Course on “Managing Maintenance Department”, NED University, March 6 to 8, 2012. (Certificate Awarded)
- Workshop on, “Using Quality Function Deployment Curriculum Development: Survey Best Practices”, Institute of Business Management, April, 15, 2017.
TRAININGS & SEMINARS
- “Advanced Project Management”, NED University October 16 & 17, 2014. (Certificate Awarded).
- Entrepreneurial Engineering & Energy Self-Sufficiency, ICEEES & Institute of Business Management, 2015.
- Training on “Statistical Tools for Research Using Minitab” Institute of Business Management, College of Computer Science & Information Systems on May 28, 2015. (Certificate Awarded)
- Seminar on ‘Productivity Improvement through Kaizen’, Institute of Engineers Pakistan, Karachi Center, February, 25, 2017. (Certificate Awarded)
- Certified in Unigraphics, Minitab, CAD and CAM
- Certificate of Occupational Health and Safety Course
- Hands on experience of Computer Aided Engineering software e.g. AutoCAD, Matlab, Unigraphics, Minitab, etc.
- Life member of Pakistan Engineering Council. PEC# Mech/2744
Falak Shad Memon
Falak Shad holds an MBA (Finance) degree from Institute of Business Management and a degree in BE (Industrial & Manufacturing) from NEDUET. She is currently enrolled in PhD (Energy and Environment management) program and has presented her research articles in couple of international conferences. Her research interest focuses on environmental issues, climate change supply chain management and Quality management. She also contributes in research journals as reviewer. She has six years of industrial experience in leading automotive industries as a head of production and purchase department. She is a certified ISO lead auditor by IRCA (UK) and possesses expertise on SAP in PP, MM and CO module.
|Lecturer||Institute of Business management||October 2013- till date|
|Deputy Manager Production and Purchase||Landi Renzo Pakistan||February 2010- September 2013|
|Assistant Manager Production||Ghandhara Nissan Limited||December 2007- February 2010|
|Assembly Engineer||AuVitronics Limited||January 2007-December 2007|
- Productivity improvement in Reliance Textile
- Warehouse productivity improvement for selected logistic management company (name confidential)
- Implementing QMS in telecom sector (Company name confidential)
CONFERENCE PRESENTATION and RESEARCH PUBLICATION
- Falak Shad Memon: Sea Level Rise: A Preliminary Economic evaluation of Sindh
Coast, 2016 (In press Asia Pacific- Annual research journal of far east and south east Asia)
- Falak Shad Memon: Women Vulnerability to climate change: An Imperative analysis in Pakistan perspective: Conference presentation, December 2016 Women, Environment and Environmental Justice (ICWEEJ)
- Falak Shad and Muhammad Yousuf Sharjeel: Catastrophic Effects of Floods on Environment and Health: Evidence from Pakistan, Pakistan Journal of Engineering Technology & Science, PJETS ,vol 5, No (2) 2015.
- Falak Shad Memon: Drought: From Continuous Catastrophe to Solution an Imperative Review of Pakistan Situation, 2016( In Review Asian Journal of Water, Environment and Pollution)
- Falak Shad Memon 2015: Catastrophic Effects of Floods on Environment and Health: Evidence from Pakistan: Conference Presentation On 3rd International Conference of Environmental Horizon, 2015 Department of Chemistry, University of Karachi.
- Falak Shad Memon 2015: Sea Level Rise: A Preliminary Economic evaluation of Sindh
Coast, Conference Presentation On 2nd International Conference of Environmental of Environment & Energy, Department of Engineering, Quaid-e-Awam University, Nawabshah.
TRAINING and WORKSHOP ATTENDED
- Certified lead Auditor of by ISO 9001:2015 IRCA (UK)
- Waste Water Treatment (CPD training program)
- Faculty Development Workshop (Blue Ocean Strategy) , Institute of Business Management
- Work Shop on “UsingBig Data Analytics in Enhancing Quality of Education”, Institute of Business Management.
- Energy Audit Tools and Techniques , NED University of Engineering and Technology
- Faculty Professional Development , Institute of Business Management
- SAP ( PP and MM module)
- Activity Based Costing
- Dash board Reporting on excel
- 5S and Kaizen
- Pakistan Engineering Council
Saima Mohsin, Lecturer, holds M.E degree in “Industrial Management” from NED University of Engineering and Technology. She has done B.E in “Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering” from NEDUET. She has five years of combined professional and teaching experience with reputable organizations. Her area of interest is “Supply Chain Management”
- Lecturer at Institute of Business Management 2013 to present
- Assistants Executive Quality Control at Ykk Pakistan Pvt Ltd. 2011 to 2013
- Inventory Control of Car Bumpers & Engine for production & control (JIT) —- Indus Motors Company (IMC)
- CAD/CAM of Multiple parts of Honda 2015 Model—- Razi Sons Pvt Ltd
- SOPs formation for RIM Production unit—- Super Tech Pvt Ltd.
- Laboratory Engineer: Career Development Awareness with Work Ethics, Personal Characteristics and Skills Evolvement (In Review Pakistan Journal of Engineering, Technology & Science)
- Customer acceptance level of green products in Personal care industry, a study of Sindh market in Pakistan (in process)
- Faculty Development Workshop (Blue Ocean Strategy) at Institute of Business Management
- 5S and kaizen at NED University of Engineering and Technology
- Energy Audit