Dr. Shelina Bhamani completed her Ph.D. in Education, specializing in early childhood and program monitoring from the Institute of Business Management recently. She is currently working as an Assistant Professor at the Dean’s office at College of Business Management in capacity of curriculum development and learning outcome enhancement. In the past, she has been associated with USAID, Aga Khan Development Network and City District Government, Karachi in various education project capacities. She has published her research in various national and international journals and has presented her work in quite a few international conferences. Her areas of research interest lie in quality assurance and program monitoring and evaluation.
|Ph.D. in Education
|M.Phil in Educationn
|Science of ECD
||Red River College, Canada
||Aga Khan University
||Australian Catholic University
||CBM, IoBM (2016 – todate)
||Greenwich University (2015-2016)(2009)
|Lecturer & ADE Coordinator
||CESD, IoBM (2012-2015)
|Teacher & Coordinator
||Beaconhouse School (2005 – 2006)
||PRP – USAID (2015-2016)
||Aga Khan Foundation (2009 – 2011)
||Aga Khan Education Services (2007 – 2009)
- I AM KARACHI – TEACH FOR PEACE CONFERENCE I am Karachi via IoBM Pakistan, January 2015
The task included conducting a set of workshops for two on an assigned theme for the teach for peace conference. In addition to it, provide constructive feedback for content improvement.
- Early Childhood Development – Trainers Manual DevelopmentPakistan, Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Income Support Programme via IoBM November 2014
The task included developing self-study course outline and a methodological guide for trainers of early childhood education, training programme to facilitate 120 hour training on ECE.
- Early Childhood Development – Training of Teachers Pakistan, St Michaels Convent SchoolMay 2014
The task included planning, designing and delivering a 20 hour training of 30 teachers at the St Michaels pre primary section.
- Early Childhood Development – Manual Development for Inclusive Education Tajikistan, UNICEF Project, Aga Khan Foundation Tajikistan December 2013
Developing self-study methodological guide for teachers acknowledge and practice inclusion in early year’s settings. The project included a short time 15 days consultancy of manual development with consultation of key stakeholders which included representatives from the UNICEF education team and the ministry of education.
- Early Childhood Development – Project Internship for Review of Assessment ToolsGeneva, Aga Khan Foundation, Geneva September to December 2013
Review of Child Development Assessment and School Readiness Tools and Developing a Literature Review on Identifying and Constructing Proxy Indicators
- Early Childhood Development – Research Data Analysis Geneva, Aga Khan Foundation, Geneva September, 2012
This short 12 days project consultancy was aimed at exploring the trends in quantitative data for Releasing Confidence and Creativity project and reporting best practices from the field. Worked under Dr Sherridian Bartlett to compile research findings for RCC, Pakistan.
- Early Childhood Development – End Line evaluation of RCC, ECD Project Pakistan, HANDS, Pakistan February, 2012
This short 10 days project consultancy was aimed at carrying out an end-line and report findings to the stakeholders.
- Early Childhood Development – Review of Community Access and Provision Afghanista, Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan October – December, 2011
This short 20 days consultancy aimed at exploring community perceptions and review practices of access and provision of early childhood education in remote Afghanistan. The project was left incomplete due to a severe accident occurred during the consultation.
- Early Childhood Development – TAMEER – Post disastrous ECE Pakistan, HANDS, Pakistan February, 2011
This 15 days consultancy, project involved designing manuals for trainers for provision of early childhood development in post disastrous settings in rural Sindh. It was followed by a 3 days training of trainers for managing young children’s psycho-social wellbeing in flood affected areas.
- Early Childhood Development – Developmentally Appropriate Practices Manual Pakistan, Catco Kids Int, Pakistan May, 2011
This 10 days consultancy, project focused on developing a self-study manual for teachers on developmentally appropriate practices.
- Early Childhood Development – PPRS Early childhood schools in rural Sindh Pakistan, Sindh Education Foundation via Tejany Consultants Aug- Sep, 2009
This 15 days consultancy project focused on developing a self-study manual for teachers in early childhood education. The consultancy also aimed at conducting a 3 days training of trainers and 5 days training of teachers for the same.
- Curriculum development & Learning Outcome Assessment
- Qualitative Research, Thesis Supervision, Quality Assurance, Research Proposal Development, Early Childhood Development, Curriculum Management, Knowledge Management & Monitoring, Evaluation and Research.
- Qualitative Research, Theory Development, Monitoring and Evaluation & ECD
Masters of Philosophy (M.Phil)
- Nurudin,S. (2017). Engagement of school leadership in teachers’ continuous professional development.
- Baig,S. (2017). Development of Scale for Evaluation of School Support for English Language Learning.
Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Jehan,T. (2014). Vocabulary and Comprehension Skills Development through Gamification: An Action Research.
- Bhutta,S. (2014). Impact of Mentoring on Novice Early Childhood Teachers in Private Schools of Karachi.
- Fatima,A. (2014). Relationship between Self-Regulation Skills of Young Children on their Academic Performance.
- Imran,H. (2014). Exploring Implementation Gaps of Rights to Education Act in Pakistan.
- Naqvi,M. (2014). Exploring Gender Gaps in Social Sciences Textbooks oh Private Middle Schools in Karachi.
- Faiqa,S. (2014). Impact of ICT on Students Academic Grades and Learning Motivation.
- Khan,L. (2014). Exploring perceptions of Private School Head Teachers pertinent to Teaching Quality Assurance.
- Syed,S. (2013). Development of Preferred Teaching Style Scale.
- Iqbal,S. (2013). Perceptions of Private School Head Teachers on Use of Social Media for Educational Marketing.
||Poverty and Social Inequalities in Pakistan: Inclusive Growth Perspective
||University of Sargodha under HEC thematic Grants
||International Conference on Innovation & Emerging Trends in Education and Social Sciences
||Stress Response and Conditioning
||Socio – Economic transformation: Challenges..
||Peace Education for Teachers
||Developmentally appropriate practices
||Higher Education Assessment
||International Conference on Education and SS
||Information and Communication Technologies
||International Symposium on EPSS
||The Asian Conference on Arts and Cultures
||1st International Conference ICICTT
||International Conference on Inclusive Education
||Intelligence (EI) and Peace Education
||Conference on child friendly cities
||Early Childhood in Sindh
||Celebrating Diversity in ELT
- Bhamani,S. & Hussain,N. (2017). Constructing a framework to evaluate early childhood education programs in resource constrained settings: A grounded theory study. Pakistan Business Review, 19(2),
- Bhamani, S. (2017). Globalization and Early Childhood Education: Urban Families Perceptions. IRJAH. (Accepted paper).
- Jamil,S., Bhamani,S., & Naqvi,R. (2017). Journalism at the age of twitter. PJETS (accepted paper).
- Hyder,I. Bhamani,S. (2016). Bloom’s taxonomy (cognitive domain) in higher education settings: Reflection brief. Journal of Education and Education Development, 3(2), 288-300.
- Naqvi,R. & Bhamani,S. (2015). Financing early childhood education: An investment into the future. Pakistan Business Review, 16(2), 462-467.
- Naqvi,R & Bhamani, S. (2015). Exploring University Students Perceptions about Using Mobile Phone as Learning Aid. Pakistan Journal of Engineering, Technology and Science, 4(2), 145-168.
- Kathawala, A. & Bhamani,S. (2015). Impact of self-regulation skills on students’ academic grades. Journal of Education and Educational Development, 2(1), 30 – 49.
- Bhamani,S. (2014). Developmentally appropriate practices in Pakistan: Perceptions of practitioners. KASBIT Business Journal, 7(2), 35-46.
- Naqvi,R. & Bhamani,S. (2014). Benefits of data decision support system for educational institutions. Pakistan Business Review, 16(3), 687-698.
- Bhamani,S. & Mehar,Z.A. (2014). From pre-modern to post modern and to globalization – a brief review. Pakistan Business Review, 16(1), 196-201.
- Bhamani, S. & Ayub,N. (2015). Impact of self-regulation skills on students’ academic grades. Journal of Education and Educational Development, 1(1), 40 – 53.
- Bhamani,S., Jamil,S. & Mohsin, F.Z. (2014). Gender Differences in Self Esteem in Young Adolescents of Karachi. Pakistan Business Review, 15(4), 704-717.
- Bhamani,S. (2014). The arena of education: Isolation or integration?. Pakistan Business Review, 15(4), 741-744.
- Bhamani,S. (2013). Early childhood teacher research: from questions to results. Pakistan Business Review, 15(3), 539-542.
- Nasir,L., Faqiha,S., & Bhamani,S. (In Press). Improving Creative Writing Skills of Primary English as Foreign Language Learners: An Action Research Study. Acta Didactica Napocensia, 6(2), 27-32.
- Bhamani,S. (2013). Book review: Enhancing learning, teaching, assessment, and curriculum in higher education. Pakistan Business Review 15(2), 361-367.
- Malik,T., Ladhani,S., & Bhamani,S. (2013). Decreasing student tardiness through strategic reward system: an action research report. Abhinav Journal of Research & Arts in Education, 2(2), 19 – 26.
- Rafiq,A. & Bhamani,S. (2012). Study in Emotional Intelligence of Karachi Graduate Students. World Without Anger, 3-4, 24-26. ISSN: 2091-0398
- Bhamani,S. (2012). Urban Fathers’ Involvement in Early Childhood Development: A Case Study from Pakistan. Perspectives in Infant Mental Health, 20 (3-4), 9-13.
- Bhamani,S. (2012). Early Childhood Teachers Job Satisfaction. International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, 3(1), 43-48.
- Bhamani, S., & Hussain, N. (2012). Social anxiety in higher education learning context: Scale construction and reliability. Golden Research Thoughts, 2(5).
- Bhamani, S. (2012). Each Day Outdoor Play!. Exchange-Early Childhood Leaders, 34(4), 97. Thursday, March 31, 2016 Page 6 of 9
- Hussain, N., & Bhamani, S. (2012). Development of the Student University Satisfaction Scale. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business, 2 (3),332 – 341 .
- Bhamani,S. (2012). Early School Behaviour of Young Children in ECE classes of RCC (Intervention) and Non RCC (Control) Schools in Pakistan. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business. 4(1), 294 – 305.
- Bhamani, S. (2012). Parwarish Markaz: Integrated Services for the Optimal Development of Children Ages 0-3. Theme: Early Experiences Matter, 12. 21. Bhamani, S. (2011).Releasing Confidence and Creativity. Monday Development Magazine, 29(9), 35 -37.
- Bhamani, S. & Bhamani,N. (2014). Problems faced by Parents of Children with Developmental Delays in Pakistan. Proceedings of – 12th Annual Education Conference. NewJersy, USA: AADMD.
- Abbasi,Z. & Bhamani,S. (2014). Impact of Sleep on Students Social Development in Early Childhood Classrooms. Proceedings of – 2 nd International Conference on Endorsing Health and Science. (PP.14). Karachi,Pakistan:AEIRC.
- Bhamani,S. & Bhamani,S. (2014). Exploring Participation Opportunities of Young People Living in Urban Areas of Karachi, Pakistan. Proceedings of – International Conference on Education and Social Sciences, 2013. (PP.423-427). Istanbul,Turkey:INTCESS.
- Jamil,S., Naqvi,R., Mohsin,F. & Bhamani,S. (2014). Impact of Facebook on Students Academic Performance and Social Development. Proceedings of 5th International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies, 2013 Karachi,Pakistan: IBA.
- Bhamani,S., Naqvi,R., & Jamil,S. (2013). Social Media as Classrooms: A Case Study of Teacher Education . Proceedings of 27th International Symposium on Education, Psychology and Social Sciences. (pp. 83-84). Islamabad, Pakistan: Allama Iqbal Open University.
- Hussain,N., & Bhamani,S. (2013). Investigating Students Academic Satisfaction in Business Schools of Karachi. Proceedings of 27th International Conference on Open and Distance Learning (pp. 101-112). Kaula Lumpur, Malaysia: Higher Education Forum.
- Naqvi,R., Bhamani,S., & Jamil,S. (2013). Perceptions of university students regarding technology integration in research. Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Information Technology and Communication (pp. 213-214). Karachi, Pakistan: Federal Urdu University Karachi.
- Bhamani,S. (2013). Are schools disabled friendly?: Analysis of trends and perceptions of accessibility in the school system. Proceedings of Meeting the Challenges of Inclusive Education: International Conference on Inclusive Education (pp. 15 16). Dhaka, Bangladesh: Asian Centre for Inclusive Education.
- Bhamani,S. (2011). Reaching out to young children and their development in post disastrous circumstances: A case study from flood affected areas in rural Sindh, Pakistan. Program Book of Engaging Children: 2nd International Conference on Child Friendly Asia Pacific (pp. 41-42). Surakarta, Indonesia: Ministry of Women Empowerment and Child Protection.
Bhamani,S. (2009). Language integration in early childhood education. Proceedings of Celebrating Diversity in ELT: 25th International Conference (pp. 4-5). Karachi, Pakistan: SPELT.
REVIEWER & EDITORSHIP
||International Journal of Childhood Studies
||Children & Geographies
||Pakistan Business Review
||Journal of Education and Educational Development
|Honorary General Secretary
||Awareness Voluntary Organization
|Blogger & Social Media Enthusiast
||INQUEST – Awareness Pakistan
||Asia Pacific Regional Network of Early Childhood
||Early Childhood Development Network, Pakistan