Dr Jalbani is PhD. in Business Management from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, Post-graduation from the Scoula Mattei, Milan, Italy and Masters from the University of Sindh. He has more than 30 years of academic leadership, organizational development, teaching, training and research experience. He has served as an Acting President, Vice President -SZABIST, Dean Management Sciences, Head of Academics, Chairperson of the Departments, and a Professor in different Universities of Pakistan and outside Pakistan. He has also served as the Managing Editor of a research Journal – JISR. He mentors doctoral students, supervises the research and teaches subjects related to research.
Dr Jalbani worked as a Member/Expert in the Selection Boards of different universities/organizations in Pakistan. He is HEC (Higher Education Commission) Approved Research Supervisor and produced seven PhDs and supervised several other researches, reviewed various research papers, thesis and dissertations. He is also a member of various academic and non-academic bodies and on Editorial Board of different Research Journals. He published diverse research work and Conference papers at national and international level, and involved in academic consultation in both public and private domain. He is the author of around 40 research papers and organized, attended and read papers at different national and international conferences.
Some of his past accomplishments include establishment of the Academic Departments from scratch at SALU Khp and Isra University Hyderabad, MS PhD Programs at SZABIST, SZABIST campuses, and published a Research Journal – JISR-SZABIST.
Some areas of his Research Interest are: Public Private Partnership, Privatization, Agriculture Marketing, State and the Markets, Commercialization of State Owned Organizations/Enterprises (SOEs), Halal Marketing,Human Resources and Management.
- PhD. in Business Management from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
- Post-graduation from the Scoula Mattei, Milan, Italy and Masters from the University of Sindh
- Faculty Member ITU, San Jose, CA, USA, 2014
- Professor Department of Management Sciences, SZABIST – Karachi 2002 to 2014.
- Professor, Department of Business Administration, Isra University, Hyderabad 1998 to 2002.
- Professor, Department of Com/Business Administration, 1992-1998
- Associate Professor and Senior Faculty Member, SALU, 1978 to 1992
- Acting President, Vice President and Dean, SZABIST, 2008 -2014
- Chairman Admission Committee, SZABIST 2008-2014
- Chairman scholarship Committee SZABIST 2008-2014
- Member SEF Committee, Sindh 2006-2010
- Head of Academics, and MS/PhD Program at SZABIST, 2002-208
- Chairperson Library Committee, Isra University, Hyderabad 1998-2002
- Chairperson Disciplinary Committee, Isra University, Hyderabad, 1998-2002
- Provost Hostels, SALU, Khp, 1995-1998
- Chairman Purchase Committee, SALU, 1995-1998
- Member Disciplinary Committee, SALU, 1993-1998
- Member Finance Committee, SALU, 1993-1998
- Chairman Research Committee, SZABIST, 2006-2014
- Managing Editor – JISR, 2005 – 2014.
- Assistant Editor – Commerce and Economic Review, 1988 -1989, 1993-1998.
- Produced 6 PhDs and Supervised and reviewed several researches
- 10 years Successful Service and Appreciation Award at SZABIST by the Chancellor, in 2012
- Cultural Exchange Scholarship Program Offered by the Italian Government on merit basis, in 1980.
- Central Overseas Training Scholarship Program, (COT) by GoP, on merit basis, in 1989.
- General Council, the Edinburgh University, UK
- Academic Council
- Board of Studies
- Curriculum Development and others